Old 05-17-2019, 08:54 PM   #181
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 24
Posts: 253
Default Re: fuck Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
please appreciate my work for what it tried to be sunfan
I fucking love it
__________________
tell me to finish the TWG stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
Wait, V has a pregnant wife? I thought he was gay with sun fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingyman View Post
FUN FACT #3
Disregarding Season 1 (because communities were able to send more than one player back then), here is a ranking of community performances in the Mafia Championship:
+3 finale appearances
Flash Flash Revolution (4 finale spots with 1 sub + 1 wildcard spot)
Dark Lord Potter (3 finale spots + 2 wildcards with 1 sub)
MafiaManiac (3 finale spots + 1 wildcard spot)
Super Mafia All Stars (3 finale spots + 1 wildcard spot)
GameFAQs (3 finale spots)
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 08:59 PM   #182
Funnygurl555
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran
 
Funnygurl555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 22
Posts: 1,781
Default Re: fuck Georgia

i have peaked
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
is funny eaman?
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
There comes a point where we have to ask our selves, "do we really want to deal with that, desperate as we are?"

I think we can all agree on the answer, yeah?
Funnygurl555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 09:05 PM   #183
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator
 
mellonxcollie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Confirmed.
Age: 27
Posts: 1,447
Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie
Default Re: fuck Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
You're just wrong about this.
I'm not saying you need to set up a booth at a pro-life rally, just be a decent person when you encounter any of the 4 pro-lifers in Ontario.
My high school used to send bus loads of kids to go protest, essentially bribing them with an extremely cheap 3-day trip to ottawa with all of their friends that they got to take off school for

Also used to have to counter-protest when I was in university because a local group does a "40 days of life" protest where they literally stand outside the hospital and protest for the entire 40 days of Lent, trying to make sure they have at least one person out there 24 hours a day. A group from the university organized a counter-protest and a lot of random people showed up too

Also had to call the police because another group had extremely graphic banners that they were hanging over the side of the highway. The cop told me "everything they are doing is within the law, you can do whatever you want within the law" essentially telling me to go fuck with them because he couldn't. The city eventually had to pass a bylaw about hanging things over the highway to get them to leave. The same group was passing out EXTREMELY graphic flyers door to door while school was getting out, I had to go up to all my neighbours doors and take them away. A couple of older kids started helping me when they saw

Luckily for us I don't think they will ever get anywhere but that doesn't stop them from trying. and I'm never going to stop counter-protesting or talking about this, even as a Canadian, because you can never get too comfortable.
__________________
Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
mellonxcollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 09:07 PM   #184
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 24
Posts: 253
Default Re: fuck Georgia

So the 4 pro-lifers are pretty active, eh?
__________________
tell me to finish the TWG stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
Wait, V has a pregnant wife? I thought he was gay with sun fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingyman View Post
FUN FACT #3
Disregarding Season 1 (because communities were able to send more than one player back then), here is a ranking of community performances in the Mafia Championship:
+3 finale appearances
Flash Flash Revolution (4 finale spots with 1 sub + 1 wildcard spot)
Dark Lord Potter (3 finale spots + 2 wildcards with 1 sub)
MafiaManiac (3 finale spots + 1 wildcard spot)
Super Mafia All Stars (3 finale spots + 1 wildcard spot)
GameFAQs (3 finale spots)
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 09:11 PM   #185
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator
 
mellonxcollie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Confirmed.
Age: 27
Posts: 1,447
Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie
Default Re: fuck Georgia

Yeah they are and their goal is to reverse the law, same as happened there, so fuck that
__________________
Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
mellonxcollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 01:32 PM   #186
dAnceguy117
please be partient
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
dAnceguy117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: GA
Age: 28
Posts: 9,988
Default Re: fuck Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
People so often default to, "you should be peaceful and civil, if you're not civil you're just like them!!!!!!!!", not realizing that

1) we've fucking tried
2) this attitude reinforces the status-quo because it suggests that the only way to make progress is to get down on our knees and suck-off the patriarchy instead of, you know, challenging the institution itself
I don't think being civil is on par with getting on one's knees, at all.

That's not to say that I think hopping on flash flash revolution dot com and saying "pro-lifers are stupid assholes and here's why" is a no-no. Being civil is unnecessary in some settings.

However, if I'm talking to one person and I feel like I might have some pull, I'm gonna try to make my case without making them want to exit the conversation. This also means future talks are more likely.

I guess my point here isn't totally relevant to Progress because the sphere of influence is so tiny, but every little bit helps, right?

Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents after skimming, feel free to tell me why I'm wrong and I'll listen and take it into consideration.
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 02:36 PM   #187
inDheart
FFR Player
 
inDheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 412
Default Re: fuck Georgia

fuck missouri
inDheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 04:07 PM   #188
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author
 
MixMasterLar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Emerald Coast
Posts: 4,738
Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: fuck Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
We've been trying to reach out to pro-lifers for fucking decades now and look at where we are now.
Abortion is legal in most states
Even the lawmakers are admitting that this can't possible stick when challenged
Roe v Wade hasn't been overturned and probably won't ever.

I feel like we can probably focus on the lawmakers doing a big no-no and not demonize all pro-lifers and somehow still come out ok.


My sticking point is that I see way too many people on the left rather serious or not, starting to default to fuck this, fuck them we might have to start getting rough and like, I really don't want to see another Civil War snowball from that. Because I think that has a great chance of happening in another decade
__________________

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Testing a PODCAST FORMAT?
Give us subjects in the comments!





Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
if there's one thing I love doing in TWG, its killing my partners for that sweet, sweet town cred
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
Achievement unlocked: reading the setup
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Mad Dummy (Neee) View Post
But, I mean, shado claimed to seer check his N0 on N4, so obvs there's some NEXT LEVEL SHIT going down..
.

I need to re-record Saraba Shiberia Tetsudō...
MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 06:24 PM   #189
Dinglesberry
arrow
FFR Veteran
 
Dinglesberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,975
Default Re: fuck Georgia

guck feorgia
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 06:50 PM   #190
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Community Manager, Global Moderator, User Support
Global ModeratorFFR Veteran
 
devonin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 35
Posts: 9,767
Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin
Default Re: fuck Georgia

Quote:
Roe v Wade hasn't been overturned and probably won't ever.
Every single one of these laws, every single one, was proposed -not- to try and actually get those laws into force, but to keep trying until one of them can get pushed all the way to the Supreme Court -because- the addition of Kavanaugh finally makes it likely that on challenge, Roe could get overturned.

You say "probably won't ever" which is why these things are going to get to the stage where we have to hold our nose and hope Clarence Thomas sees reason.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 07:04 PM   #191
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
rayword45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: My bed
Age: 21
Posts: 2,295
Default Re: fuck Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
and hope Clarence Thomas sees reason.
Thx biden

Unrelated im just venting
__________________
The above post has a 50% chance of being useless. Potentially. Maybe.

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 07:50 PM   #192
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 24
Posts: 253
Default Re: fuck Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
Every single one of these laws, every single one, was proposed -not- to try and actually get those laws into force, but to keep trying until one of them can get pushed all the way to the Supreme Court -because- the addition of Kavanaugh finally makes it likely that on challenge, Roe could get overturned.

You say "probably won't ever" which is why these things are going to get to the stage where we have to hold our nose and hope Clarence Thomas sees reason.
I really don't see how any of them make it to the Supreme Court in the first place.

It is a very real fear if one of them does it make it there, however.

I think that its very rare where something that has stood for this long is rolled back by the Supreme Court (Yes, I know it happens) and I just can't quite wrap my head around it happening here but

I know that it could happen, and that sucks.
__________________
tell me to finish the TWG stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
Wait, V has a pregnant wife? I thought he was gay with sun fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingyman View Post
FUN FACT #3
Disregarding Season 1 (because communities were able to send more than one player back then), here is a ranking of community performances in the Mafia Championship:
+3 finale appearances
Flash Flash Revolution (4 finale spots with 1 sub + 1 wildcard spot)
Dark Lord Potter (3 finale spots + 2 wildcards with 1 sub)
MafiaManiac (3 finale spots + 1 wildcard spot)
Super Mafia All Stars (3 finale spots + 1 wildcard spot)
GameFAQs (3 finale spots)
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 07:57 PM   #193
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Community Manager, Global Moderator, User Support
Global ModeratorFFR Veteran
 
devonin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 35
Posts: 9,767
Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin
Default Re: fuck Georgia

More importantly: Republican legislators think it can, which is why they're trying to introduce legislations that will get challenged, so they can try and get them there.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 05:18 PM   #194
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Batch Search Engine Developer
Game ManagerDeveloperSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
DossarLX ODI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Age: 24
Posts: 14,439
Default Re: fuck Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
there isn't a middle ground
there doesn't need to be a middle ground
When this topic turned into a political issue, it was effectively ruined.

1. Culturally people HAVE to obsess splitting everyone into two buckets (in this case it is pro-choice and pro-life, although there are many other topics).

The introduction of those labels encourage demonizing the other side (i.e. "you are an enemy, I'm right and you're wrong so shut up"). If you're not pro-life, you're pro-death. If you're not pro-choice, you're anti-choice. The naming is specifically done the way it is to incriminate anyone that doesn't want to be placed under a certain bucket.

And now we're in this mess where a bunch of people are trying to appear morally superior, resulting in chains of "anti-choice forced birthers!" and "pro-death baby killers!" in addition to stressful legal battles. Literally if the legal crap just stopped, and the labels went away, think about what could move forward with that.

2. Abuse of hypotheticals to the point that the woman is forgotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I was not aware that many pro-life women who get abortions view themselves as special cases, that one was new and eye-opening.
The problem with trying to contain abortion to just an abstract discussion is that people forget these are real people we are talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI View Post
The last paragraph sounds very similar to adoption, although it does hammer home the point that the people we are talking about are women with real emotions and feelings, and going through a pregnancy can be physically and mentally traumatic. Any person who treats pregnancy like an insignificant theoretical topic is degrading the woman, to say the least.
I'll see trolls gaslight with comments like:
- "Killing babies is immoral!"
- "Keep it in your pants, actions have consequences!"

And then someone closely related, or even themselves, gets pregnant. It's all fun and games until it actually happens in real life. It's a wake-up call that it's easy to dismiss a woman in an abstract idea, and then biology and life circumstances kick in.

Take some more of the testimonials from DaBackpack's link as an extension to this point:

Quote:
"In 1973, after Roe v. Wade, abortion became legal but had to be performed in a hospital. That of course was changed later. For the first 'legal abortion day' I had scheduled five procedures. While scrubbing between cases, I was accosted by the Chief of the OB/Gyn service. He asked me, 'How many children are you going to kill today?' My response, out of anger, was a familiar vulgar retort. About three months later, this born-again Christian called me to explain that he was against abortion but his daughter was only a junior in high school and was too young to have a baby and he was also afraid that if she did have a baby she would not want to put it up for adoption. I told him he did not need to explain the situation to me. 'All I need to know', I said, 'is that SHE wants an abortion.' Two years later I performed a second abortion on her during her college break. She thanked me and pleaded, 'Please don't tell my dad, he is still anti-abortion.'" (Physician, Washington State)
Bolded part above is an example of the gaslighting, but then the same guy has somebody close (his daughter) fall into that situation. So much for the hypothetical/abstract discussion. The world is a messy place and people need to realize we can't just stick to abstract discussions. We're dealing with real people here.

Quote:
"My first encounter with this phenomenon came when I was doing a 2-week follow-up at a family planning clinic. The woman's anti-choice values spoke indirectly through her expression and body language. She told me that she had been offended by the other women in the abortion clinic waiting room because they were using abortion as a form of birth control, but her condom had broken so she had no choice! I had real difficulty not pointing out that she did have a choice, and she had made it! Just like the other women in the waiting room." (Physician, Ontario)
Bolded part is another example of how reality kicks in. Again, this is about real people.

Quote:
"I've had several cases over the years in which the anti-abortion patient had rationalized in one way or another that her case was the only exception, but the one that really made an impression was the college senior who was the president of her campus Right-to-Life organization, meaning that she had worked very hard in that organization for several years. As I was completing her procedure, I asked what she planned to do about her high office in the RTL organization. Her response was a wide-eyed, 'You're not going to tell them, are you!?' When assured that I was not, she breathed a sigh of relief, explaining how important that position was to her and how she wouldn't want this to interfere with it." (Physician, Texas)
I like this testimonial as it illustrates a few realizations from the college senior:
- That she spent years of hard work to get to where she was, but it could go down the drain very quickly.
- That because of the demonizing attitude of the abortion topic, she now has to worry about the information spreading around.

The irony here is that the narrative is usually "it's an inconvenience" but this woman realizes it could seriously impact her future.

Quote:
"I had a patient about ten years ago who traveled up to New York City from South Carolina for an abortion. I asked her why she went such a long way to get the procedure. Her answer was that she was a member of a church group that didn't believe in abortion and she didn't want anyone to know she was having one. She planned to return to the group when she went back to South Carolina." (Physician, New York)
Again, how's that for irony? These people know full well how much the topic is stigmatized, and now have to worry about their own privacy.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 05:18 PM   #195
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Batch Search Engine Developer
Game ManagerDeveloperSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
DossarLX ODI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Age: 24
Posts: 14,439
Default Re: fuck Georgia

On a different note, despite how I don't have a horse in this race, I was motivated enough from recent events to donate to Planned Parenthood.

I can't imagine how many relationships will be ruined from these decisions, and how much increased medical debt people will be in.

It's really sad to see other peoples' misfortune have to be used for something that should have never turned into a political issue.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution