Old 08-24-2020, 01:34 PM   #741
benny58624
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: 13th Official Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by danredge View Post
D3 Round 7 "Circle Pit" is a 82 0_0 That's why .
And D4 round 7 "E-Lectixilent" is a 79, weird D3 had a more difficult file than D4 in the same round.
benny58624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 02:27 PM   #742
Dynam0
The Dominator
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by benny58624 View Post
And D4 round 7 "E-Lectixilent" is a 79, weird D3 had a more difficult file than D4 in the same round.
Not weird, it was a poor choice. If anything Benson and Hedges is easier and they should have used Circle Pit for D3's final. Either way there were so many cookie cutter breakcore 32nd roll charts I felt bad for the intermediate divisions.

Idk if it was the way files were judged this time around or if there was just a lack of submissions but this tourney had the worst charts on average out of any OT's I played (maybe excluding the 1st OT lol).
Dynam0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 02:49 PM   #743
danredge
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to danredge Send a message via AIM to danredge Send a message via Yahoo to danredge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynam0 View Post
Not weird, it was a poor choice. If anything Benson and Hedges is easier and they should have used Circle Pit for D3's final. Either way there were so many cookie cutter breakcore 32nd roll charts I felt bad for the intermediate divisions.

Idk if it was the way files were judged this time around or if there was just a lack of submissions but this tourney had the worst charts on average out of any OT's I played (maybe excluding the 1st OT lol).
I got eliminated from both tournament and revenge by 32nd roll charts XD. But in my opinion the D3/D4 Songs of this tournament were really fun to play n_n. I feel like D7/D8 all look the same(Glich/Speed/Grind/Break-Core) because the Charts for that difficulty need to be really complex.
danredge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 03:37 PM   #744
WirryWoo
Forever Derbyless
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Quote:
I can't say the worst charts for all OT's since I can't remember any of them (only involved in 5th and 6th lol) but I agree with your sentiment about how the charts in general were not very enjoyable this OT. There was a good handful of high quality charts that were both stepped accurately and were very fun to play, so I greatly appreciate that.

WirryWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 06:07 PM   #745
mi40
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:

what official do you think had the best files? i was only around for the 5th and the 9th and even then have no recollection of what files were used (so therefore i have no opinion)
Old 08-24-2020, 06:20 PM   #746
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi40 View Post
what official do you think had the best files? i was only around for the 5th and the 9th and even then have no recollection of what files were used (so therefore i have no opinion)
You can check the details for each tournament here: https://ffr.fandom.com/wiki/5th_Official_FFR_Tournament

One exception though is the 5th official. For some reason, information on that tournament is largely missing. Maybe someone can fill it in?
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 06:52 PM   #747
mi40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
You can check the details for each tournament here: https://ffr.fandom.com/wiki/5th_Official_FFR_Tournament

One exception though is the 5th official. For some reason, information on that tournament is largely missing. Maybe someone can fill it in?
christ that official is huge, 300 players in d3..
i think that one was the one right before the blackout. it's kind of why i didn't participate in another one until the 9th one i think?
Old 08-25-2020, 06:06 PM   #748
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

I was actually really hype for most of the charts this tournament. It's really a shame to see that being said but, I've said it before and I'll say it again if you guys can do a better job please by all means run tournaments. Would be nice for there to be more going on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

Last edited by psychoangel691; 08-25-2020 at 06:16 PM..
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 06:13 PM   #749
Psychotik
Heckin' Cute
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I keep saying this: "Be the change you want to see". If people don't like the song selection, they should submit stuff themselves. I liked a lot of the breakcore stuff and most of the songs in general.

Thanks for running the tournament.
I want me a grrrl that will call me at 4 in the morning and ask me what my best is on Ants.
Psychotik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 06:39 PM   #750
themastergrant
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I loved a lot in this OT. The songs were great (I can’t play Cherry Doll), the hype and friendly competition was a great impetus to improve and I really appreciate it. Thanks Hbar for being so nice to everybody in D2 early on. Thanks organizers and artists and charters.
Old 08-25-2020, 07:28 PM   #751
Bach96
Drum Corps Fanatic
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
I was actually really hype for most of the charts this tournament. It's really a shame to see that being said but, I've said it before and I'll say it again if you guys can do a better job please by all means run tournaments. Would be nice for there to be more going on.
I understand why he is a little bothered simply because it's the OT. We could all run tourney's until we're collapsing from exhaustion, but the one everyone cares about at the end of the day... is the OT.

It's hard to please everyone and there will unfortunately never be a way to. However, as I'm sure you know having been doing this so long, criticism can often lead to huge improvements. Maybe there could be a discord discussion done after each OT moving forward. Things like file choice and difficulty could be openly debated on and could result in improvements that nobody would have thought of in the past.

Maybe a more open discussion could also lead to ideas that would improve retention rates from tourney to tourney (maybe even getting more people involved). I'd be very interested in seeing what a large group of people from this awesome community would be able to come up with instead of forcing all the workload onto a small group of dedicated admin.

That being said, I personally really enjoyed this tournament. I went from 49 to almost 56. Like half my top 15 are now 13th OT files lol. Most of the songs chosen for D2 were goddamn bops and I am so appreciative of that. I only really didn't like CHERRY DOLL and Oedo Pop (simply the songs themselves not the files). Hopefully next year I can be in D4!
Bach96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 07:32 PM   #752
Sanjixcon
Banned
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

First I want to say thank you to all the step artists and other people involved who keep these tournaments going ffr would not be as fun without you. However, I do kind of agree with Dynam0 (at least for the D5-D8 files). I can't say anything about the D1-D4 songs since I didn't play them. Not saying all the D5+ stuff was bad because there were some really nice ones mixed in... but the majority felt pretty awkward/unintuitive. Please don't kill me :] it's just my opinion after playing thousands and thousands of files between ffr/etterna.
Sanjixcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 07:45 PM   #753
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bach96 View Post
I understand why he is a little bothered simply because it's the OT. We could all run tourney's until we're collapsing from exhaustion, but the one everyone cares about at the end of the day... is the OT.

It's hard to please everyone and there will unfortunately never be a way to. However, as I'm sure you know having been doing this so long, criticism can often lead to huge improvements. Maybe there could be a discord discussion done after each OT moving forward. Things like file choice and difficulty could be openly debated on and could result in improvements that nobody would have thought of in the past.

Maybe a more open discussion could also lead to ideas that would improve retention rates from tourney to tourney (maybe even getting more people involved). I'd be very interested in seeing what a large group of people from this awesome community would be able to come up with instead of forcing all the workload onto a small group of dedicated admin.

That being said, I personally really enjoyed this tournament. I went from 49 to almost 56. Like half my top 15 are now 13th OT files lol. Most of the songs chosen for D2 were goddamn bops and I am so appreciative of that. I only really didn't like CHERRY DOLL and Oedo Pop (simply the songs themselves not the files). Hopefully next year I can be in D4!
Literally has nothing to do with workload, these are the files submitted to us. don't like em? sub files then to help (I'm saying this as an in general because people always want to complain but then don't actually bother to submit or the like)

(also playing fall guys so haven't had a chance for a full reply)
Quote:
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:

Quote:
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

Last edited by psychoangel691; 08-25-2020 at 08:03 PM..
Old 08-25-2020, 08:12 PM   #754
mi40

okay so!
my favorite files were:

circle pit
we want to run
Old 08-25-2020, 08:15 PM   #755
mi40

also woo credits!! finally i can play the secret section songs
and for my skill token of choice for grinding to top 8, i would love strangeprogram v0!
Old 08-25-2020, 09:05 PM   #756
kurisushadow
Official FFR meme
FFR Veteran

Oi! To all the negative nancies.....FUCK YOU.
Also thanks for all the hard workers who ARE helping FFR and OT.
With love,
Squidbits.

PS. Some of us were thinking it I just said it out loud. If I'm banned I get it so I'll say I love you all now just in case I can't later. Kis kis

PSS. Yams

Last edited by kurisushadow; 08-25-2020 at 09:16 PM..
kurisushadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 09:08 PM   #757
badman7772
It happens for a reason.
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Favorite Files: Trap Funk and Circle Pit
Favorite Songs: Ventablack and Naive Hopelessness
Old 08-25-2020, 09:19 PM   #758
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurisushadow View Post
Oi! To all the negative nancies.....FUCK YOU.
Also thanks for all the hard workers who ARE helping FFR and OT.
With love,
Squidbits.

PS. Some of us were thinking it I just said it out loud. If I'm banned I get it so I'll say I love you all now just in case I can't later. Kis kis

PSS. Yams
I believe the criticism has been pretty respectful; kinda weird to tell anyone "fuck you" ngl, though idk who you're targetting exactly.

That being said, I had a fun time even though we (D8) got blasted with stuffcore music beyond belief. All that matters is I beat klimt on more rounds than he did (jkjk you won). Ok bye~
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 09:20 PM   #759
Matthia
🍍Pineapple Man🍍
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by badman7772 View Post
Favorite Files: Trap Funk and Circle Pit
Favorite Songs: Ventablack and Naive Hopelessness
<3 ;D

Matthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 09:24 PM   #760
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
I believe the criticism has been pretty respectful; kinda weird to tell anyone "fuck you" ngl, though idk who you're targetting exactly.

That being said, I had a fun time even though we (D8) got blasted with stuffcore music beyond belief. All that matters is I beat klimt on more rounds than he did (jkjk you won). Ok bye~
You've definitely missed some of it then.

I rolled with the files on hand, I could moving forward hold off on doing OTs until we have perfect file lineups but no one wants that either. Thing is I've adjusted over and over again just for more complaints so *shrugs* no matter what someone is unhappy.
Quote:
Quote:

Quote: