BuMP it
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Syhto
Default Re: Drugs

more for you to think critically about

Religion and culture as it pertains to drug use
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tao of Dossar
I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.
Syhto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:45 PM   #122
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

experience and dosage will forever vary from one person to another and the only reason some are legal and others aren't is purely belief and what society has been shaped around.

let's say I did marijuana, I would become epileptic (thanks marijuana now i'm halfway there!) and or bipolar due to the already great amount of THC present in my feeble little mind.

next guy smokes 1gram per day and feels little to no side effects.

it's such a subjective debate when it comes to effect and if they should be morally accepted in society that there's really no happy medium. the only way it could ever really be interated in our daily lives is if enough people were to pass a bill allowing its use and restricting 894305803945 things so that it can be taxed to shit like alcohol. but that is unlikely to happen any time soon (but who knowz)
Old 02-27-2011, 10:04 PM   #123
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar View Post
let's say I did marijuana, I would become epileptic (thanks marijuana now i'm halfway there!) and or bipolar due to the already great amount of THC present in my feeble little mind.

next guy smokes 1gram per day and feels little to no side effects.
You've completely lost me with this analogy. Maybe it's because you've used pot as the example i'm not sure. Care to elaborate a bit more as to what you're trying to say here?
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:09 PM   #124
kommisar
Dark Chancellor

the effects can vary from one person to another and it's impossible to base one concrete statistic to base any example just like alcohol. I used pot as an example for personal experience; because if I smoked pot, I would become epileptic. Having said that, pretty sure nearly anyone could do the same and not have the same side effect, is what I was saying.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:12 PM   #125
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Um, can you please provide evidence supporting that use of marijuana can cause epilepsy when it's known to actually benefit those who have it?
Old 02-27-2011, 10:13 PM   #126
kommisar
Dark Chancellor

I'm living proof of it. Though it doesn't cause it, it triggers it. Kinda like people prone to psychosis or being bipolar. Dangerously high levels of THC can provoke such, but in a very low percentage of people who are already in danger of developing such disorders.

but as I said, it varies from one person to another so I might just be a rare case. I've also heard it helps epilepsy and I just happen to have shit luck.

Last edited by kommisar; 02-27-2011 at 10:16 PM..
kommisar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:23 PM   #127
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

The thing is, is that your anecdotal evidence completely goes against what is known to be the truth about what marijuana does for those who either have epilepsy, or are more prone to getting a seizure. Marijuana actually sooths and controls seizures by dulling the eletrical activity in between the brain-between the axon and synapse-by the method of thc. Thc itself is anti-conductive of eletricity because it is a waxy like substance so I find your statement a little hard to believe considering that seizures are caused by excessive neuronal activity within the brain.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:36 PM   #128
kommisar
Dark Chancellor

Which was the very reason for my initial use of it. However being born with epilepsy certain things will trigger episodes. For some reason from every single time I've used marijuana seizure ensued and the doctor's best explanation was that my brain was being too "stimulated" or that it created a counter-effect as to its original purpose.

Though I'm sure I could go back to him and give him the whole dopehead description of what dope actually does, but I honestly have no explanation myself.

Regardless, the point I was trying to make is that drugs create such variable experiences that no concrete data will ever tell you what the effects will be on your personally.

Last edited by kommisar; 02-27-2011 at 10:39 PM..
kommisar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:56 PM   #129
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

If your anecdotal evidence wasn't so one in a billion I would take what you're saying a bit more seriously. Likewise, I can't legitimately call you a liar because I don't know what happened to you specifically, but were you able to provide something that added credibility to your statement I would be more willing to accept it. If the US government were able to find any link to marijuana and epilepsy they would be touting it all over the news because there is put simply, nothing to suggest that marijuana causes epilepsy, bi polar or any other disorder. You're talking about at least 100 million people in the US and canada alone that use it everyday. That's a lot of people who have yet to provide an example like yours.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:05 PM   #130
Flaming_Dingleberry
Everybody gets one.
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by korny View Post
Marijuana is a depressant.
Quote:
Then I have bad luck.
Alright then.
Flaming_Dingleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:08 PM   #131
kommisar
Dark Chancellor

I've read/seen plenty of reports on THC causing plenty of disorders, but I guess you'll probably bring up a reason why whatever article I bring up is bullshit or something.

The only credibility I have for my own condition is myself. I don't expect you to believe me, but I can certainly assure you that there is a possibility of other cases like mine happening, as unlikely as they may be.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:10 PM   #132
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

If I EVER said marijuana is a depressant then shame shame on me. Marijuana is nothing of the sort and what are you even trying to say... Refrain from giving input if it is devoid of relevancy towards the the topic off hand.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:19 PM   #133
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Quote:
I've read/seen plenty of reports on THC causing plenty of disorders, but I guess you'll probably bring up a reason why whatever article I bring up is bullshit or something.
I will restate, that if there were any LEGITIMATE reports that thc was the cause of a disorder, then the government would be using it as one of their strongest arguing points against it's legalization. The hypocrisy surrounding marijuanas illegality is astounding. I'm "the bongmaster" so of course my statements are going to come off as biased, but the blatant reality of it all is, is that there's just nothing period to suggest that marijuana is the cause for any disorder known to man say for those who have a genetic predisposition for schizophrenia. Every study had to prove that even has shown to be completely inconclusive and until I hear otherwise I will stand by science and reality.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:24 PM   #134
Flaming_Dingleberry
Everybody gets one.
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by korny View Post
If I EVER said marijuana is a depressant then shame shame on me. Marijuana is nothing of the sort and what are you even trying to say... Refrain from giving input if it is devoid of relevancy towards the the topic off hand.
I tried to sum up both sides, I should've quoted you saying "Marijuana doesn't trigger seizures." The point is that kommisar probably isn't making something up, he's probably just unlucky, because I doubt it was a one in a billion occurrence. My psychology class last semester told me marijuana is a depressant, oops.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:27 PM   #135
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Not one and a billion occurrence, but example. That is a huge difference as it goes to say that it can happen any time he uses marijuana heavily enough as opposed to a single happenstance. Completely contradictory to how thc works in the brain.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:02 AM   #136
Mans0n
Sun and Stars
FFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Mans0n

I've taken a lot of drugs for my age and am still very smart. ( such drugs as MDMA,Coke,Methamphetamine,Mushrooms,bud,and amphetamines. And While drugs do damage your mind, most of the time it's only temporarily if any at all because your brain has the awesome ability of healing itself over time. though unless you go past the point of no return as for example: snorting 9 lines of meth daily for even a year at the most will permanently **** your mind unless your really lucky. though when these drugs are done considerably and not so close together ( excluding amp's and meth) they can life changing for the better. And to anyone againsts cocaine, ACTUAL COKE not what u get on da street is actually healthy for your heart when done occasionally. And your more likely to get a heart attack from air pollution than you are cocaine, ha. and that's a fact.
hope this helped clear anything up. And if not lol **** it im pretty high atm

Check out my band profile and give it a like! :P
Mans0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 12:21 AM   #137
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Syhto

Is there actually a reason to have this argument? It has already been proven time and time again that marijuana is a safe drug. Most adverse effects are most probably brought on by the individual under the influence. You can't exactly argue with subjective experience, not if you want to keep on topic anyway. But there are also many holes in our understanding, it's perforated. Neuroscience is beginning to explain more and more, but the general public is throwing terms and 'mental diseases' around haphazardly. Not to mention western, modern science differs from the rest of the world.

It really is a cultural and social thing. Drugs are taboo. There are fears about things like 'going crazy', many people wonder if they're normal, there's an objective ideal of sorts. There's a lot of focus on physical things, material things. Appropriate for some problems.

Drugs allow experimentation with consciousness and perception. In the right context, it benefits. It's just like anything. There has to be a balance. Eastern medicine many times focuses more on personal well-being, emotional health. Dealing with wisdom passed from from generation to generation, how to be happy. There's a lot to it; but my point is, you have to be more open minded and realize full human potential.

Culture is supreme here, because it is us, in essence. Culture is an evolution of our knowledge and practices over time. With knowledge we have the power to make meaningful choices. Most of the time when we have (particularly emotional) problems, it stems from our own perception. Drugs can make or break someone, but the person has to let either of those things happen.

Mental illness is a touchy subject, but I've been there, I think most of us have seen da crazies. But I'm sure changing how we receive those people couldn't improve a thing or two. w/e.

debating it is near pointless, all I know is, everything is just people. We basically give ourselves what power we have. welcome 2 da machine
yes i am high right now.

for anyone interested:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...4515422&hl=en#

lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tao of Dossar
I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.

Last edited by Syhto; 02-28-2011 at 12:49 AM..
Syhto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:56 AM   #138
Flaming_Dingleberry
Everybody gets one.
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mans0n View Post
I've taken a lot of drugs for my age and am still very smart. they can life changing for the better.
Agreed.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:30 AM   #139
fido123
FFR Player

http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/s777336.htm
http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/2402434.htm

Weed can have darker side effects. It's a catalyst to schizophrenia, and probably has other effects on the mental health of people. When I smoked more heavily than I currently do, I got paranoid. Not the kind of paranoia where I thought people were out to get me, but I over-analysed everything in my life and focused on negative aspects on my life to a great extent. I know other people who have similar experiences to me, and have lost a lot of direction in their life. I also know people who don't have this problem at all. Overall I'd say weed is a safe drug though, alcohol is far more dangerous in my opinion, but there are a lot of people who experience negative mental side-effects with heavy use of it.
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:40 AM   #140
Mans0n
Sun and Stars
FFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Mans0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming_Dingleberry View Post
Agreed.

ohh your cool guy now huh?

Check out my band profile and give it a like! :P