Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Other Forum Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-9-2008, 05:30 AM   #1
Ultros_GM
FFR Player

Default The Good, the Bad and the Werewolf

Welcome to Dodge, 1872.

Last night Sheriff Flint was found dead, his neck bitten. Oddly though his blood had been completely drained not a drop remained anywhere nearby.

When the Deputy ran to the church to fetch Pastor Bodie he found the good padre had also been murdered, his skull ripped open and his brain gnawed upon.

To make matters worse when the Deputy went to Undertaker McJunkin to order coffins the man was also dead, his throat slashed out by some furry beast.

Fallon Driskill swears he heard the screams of all three men. He claims they all took place at the same time. Mr. Pickett's testimony agrees, as does Frank Eaton's.

Now the young Deputy, that is, Sheriff, has ordered a posse to find the murderers. He's temporarily deputized the whole town to aid in the search. The gallows is up and the hunt's ready to begin.

The Good, The Bad and the Werewolf
A tale of doomed humans living in the Old West

Professions

Elenora Beale - Palmist - Able to scry without using a scryword
George Smith - Baker - Able to turn any nonmaster to his own team one time
Paco Jimenez - Bandito - Can steal a player's scry record from a Master's kill ability one time
Leaping Stag - Indian - Always knows the Cowboy's team name
Blondie Earles - Cowboy - Always knows the Indian's team name
Fallon Driskill - Innkeep - Can change the lynch to include the runner-up one time
Matt Lovegood - Mayor - Can turn himself into any team once
Belle Starr - Gunslinger - Can kill once at night
Willie "Red" Macduff - Postman - When he targets a player with scry instead that player's next scry goes to the Postman
William Pickett - Farmer - Always knows the Cattle Wrangler's team name
Austin Goodall - Bartend - Always knows the Drunkard's team name
Linus Beeman - Conductor - Can escape a night kill once
James Kelly - Blacksmith - Does not reveal his scry record on death
Thomas O'Conner - Banker - Can't become a Werewolf
Earl W. Bascome - Tailor - Can disguise himself as any one team for the duration of the game
Martha "Ladyfingers" Burke - Waitress - Always knows the Saloon owner's team name
Samuel Records - Cattle wrangler - Always knows the Farmer's team name
Frank Eaton - Prospector - Can't be scried
Louis "Stumpy" Stinson - Civil War Amputee - Cannot become a Zombie
Samuel Jeffords - Sheriff - Can amnesty one lynch victim once, but the runner-up is lynched instead
John King Fisher - Grocer - Cannot become a Vampire
Sandy Rivers - Carpenter - Can escape the lynch once, but the runner-up is lynched instead
Charles Goodnight - Drunkard - Always knows the Waitress' team name
Charlie Coal - Pony Express rider - Can protect a Master from the lynch by taking his place
Lisa Oakley - Bathouse owner - Can scry without using a scryword but cannot discover Masters
Gordon William Lily - Professor - Can scry three times instead of once, with no scryword needed, but only discovers Master status and not team or profession
Jack "High Straight" Chisum - Gambler - Resurrects a chosen player as a monster of his choice then dies
Jane Valley - Burlesque dancer - Can turn a monster human once
Annabelle Rose - Schoolmarm - Can scry without a scryword but only discovers teams not profession or Master status
Sarah Miles Pickett - Saloon owner - Always knows the Bartend's team name
Ike Pryor - Typesetter - Can randomize the public scry record of the target of his choice once
Jessie Lincoln Driskill - Gunsmith - Once per game, if he scries the Gunslinger, the Gunslinger joins his team and regains his kill
Ultros_GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-9-2008, 05:31 AM   #2
Ultros_GM
FFR Player

Default Re: The Good, the Bad and the Werewolf

Roles

Master Zombie: Knows all starting Zombies. Can vote during the day to lynch one person. Wins if the Master Vampire and Master Werewolf are both dead. Can only die by the lynch. Powers: Kill: Eliminates one person, allowing the Master to learn their team, role and all scries made up to that point. Does not work on Masters. He can do this only three times per game. Turn: A human turns into a zombie. A werewolf or vampire becomes human. Does not work on Masters.

Zombie: Can vote during the day to lynch one person. Wins if the Master Vampire and Master Werewolf are dead.

Master Vampire: Knows all starting Vampires. Can vote during the day to lynch one person. Wins if the Master Zombie and Master Werewolf are both dead. Can only die by the lynch. Powers: Kill: Eliminates one person, allowing the Master to learn their team, role and all scries made up to that point. Does not work on Masters. Can do this only three times per game. Turn: A human turns into a vampire. A zombie or werewolf turns into a human. Does not work on Masters.

Vampire: Can vote during the day to lynch one person. Wins if the Master Zombie and Master Werewolf are dead.

Master Werewolf: Knows all starting Werewolves. Can vote during the day to lynch one person. Wins if the Master Zombie and Master Vampire are both dead. Can only die by the lynch. Powers: Kill: Eliminates one person, allowing the Master to learn their team, role and all scries made up to that point. Can do this only three times per game. Turn: A human turns into a werewolf. A zombie or vampire turns into a human. Does not work on Masters.

Werewolf: Can vote during the day to lynch one person. Wins if the Master Zombie and Master Vampire are dead.

Human: Can vote during the day to lynch one person. Cannot win the game. Powers: Humans may take the following action once per game. Scry: The human sends the GM a player's name and one of three scrywords (zombie, vampire or werewolf). If the scryword matches the role of the name sent the scry comes back with the player's name, profession and team. A correct scryword match on a Master comes back Master. A human comes back human no matter the scryword.

Rules

Players sign up in this thread. Before the game begins, on night 0, all participants are given a profession and a role.

The Mighty Lynch - It takes greater than 50% of the population of Dodge to lynch a player. When a player is lynched their team and role is publicly revealed along with all scries they have made during the course of the game. If the player was a Master this is revealed. Scries resulting in Master or human are not revealed by the lynch. In the case of a tie the lynch is suspended until the tie is broken.

Special Rules - If multiple masters try to kill the same player the player dies and all participating masters are given their scry record. If multiple masters try to turn the same player the player turns human. In a game of less than 15 players there are three Masters and the rest are humans. In a game of more than 15 players one of each monster is added. Every additional 9 players adds one more of each monster to the starting roster. Roles are randomly assigned by die roll.

QuikLynch™ - Every player's initial post for a day must include a lynch vote. Failure to include a lynch vote will bar the player from voting for the day. Lynch votes will not go through until all players have had a chance to vote. Posting elsewhere on the boards counts as having had a chance. After 24 hours this restriction goes away.

This thread will be where the game is played. Signups are now. Post any questions and I will be happy to answer them and edit the rules to clarify.

Last edited by Ultros_GM; 05-9-2008 at 05:43 AM..
Old 05-9-2008, 05:49 AM   #3
travman301
#swagdog
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to travman301

So it's like TWG with zombies and vampires amirite?
travman301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-9-2008, 06:01 AM   #4
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

Lol, trav, I opened this and expected it to be a BDN post that he wouldput a lot of effort into. Seems cool though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine
rzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-9-2008, 01:55 PM   #5
Ultros_GM
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by travman301 View Post
So it's like TWG with zombies and vampires amirite?
It evolved from Werewolf and 5-man-mafia-style games, but it's different enough that I thought it should go here rather than in the Werewolf game board.

Edit: The biggest difference between this and Werewolf is that the humans or innos can't win. A key strategy of this game is to find a "werewolf" (read: master) and coerce him/her into recruiting you.

Last edited by Ultros_GM; 05-9-2008 at 11:50 PM..
Old 05-9-2008, 11:49 PM   #6
Ultros_GM
FFR Player

Well I'm not going to whore something that won't pan out. I brought this game here because with over a million users I figured I'd maybe get a full game running, but it appears this is doomed to not happen. I'll leave everything here and check it three or so times a day to see if any interest is drummed up, but if I still don't have at least 8 players by this time next week the game's cancelled.
Old 06-4-2008, 06:57 PM   #7
meno_rocks123
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to meno_rocks123

TWG double
meno_rocks123 is offline   Reply With Quote