Old 06-9-2017, 11:03 PM   #1041
sanzath
retired from rhythm games
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: jTWG LXXXI I Got Nothin' Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
I think I'm just going to vote xXOpkillerXx this phase.

If you're wolf Sanzath, well played.

Still going to wait to see if Op had something.
Voting with someone missing would create an unbalanced scenario imo, so I'm holding off as well.

We'll probably see the game end tomorrow morning.
Quote:
I wish I could vote you a 2nd time.
sanzath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-9-2017, 11:05 PM   #1042
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanzath View Post
rip sven, I'm sure we're all very surprised this happened

anyway

I'm fairly confident at this point that Haku is wolf.

Haku, I reread thread and I noticed this thing you've been doing, whenever you mentioned Watcher, your post heavily implied that you thought Watcher's action is what Tracker's action actually is, as if we had the same role 2 times under 2 different names. You said at least once that since Watcher watched you, you were probably in the clear. (I mean yeah you retracted that when you talked about how the assigned kill kind of makes this moot

You already stated that you say & do things that are wrong/bad (your self-reads of "if I was wolf I would do ____" come to mind) to see what other peoples' reactions would be. But imo, every player has a responsibility to understand the rules, including what the PRs do, be they VT, PR themselves or wolves. So given that:

1) I really really doubt you actually misinterpreted the rules;
2) As a VT, your posts could just as well have baited Towns or Wolves alike, so it makes little sense to do it in the first place;
3) As a Wolf, a successful bait would give you (or Andy if he was alive) some ammunition to get "wolfy" reads on somebody.

And then, imo, you heavily playing the "hey guys look at all these stupid things I'm doing that wolves would never do" was probably your only way to clear your own name, because you knew the VTs would be too scared to try to insta you.

Altogether, your plays this game fit what I feel like an experienced wolf would do, moreso than the plays Op has made fit what I think a new wolf would do.

Wasn't intending on this post being so long but sunfan just took his time didn't he
I haven't played a game with Tracker\Watcher before surprisingly and I'm someone who does tend to confuse rules in TWG in more complex setups or in setups with roles I'm not used to see.

You can see me posting things about mechanics on page 1 being uncertain about what to do.

As for baiting, the goal is not to get a player "caught", it's literally to create a situation where multiple players evaluate one thing and check how everyone interacts with each others. This game has been a trainwreck tho because these voting patterns are crazy.

I'm a well known busser as wolf. It's very awkward to think I wouldn't have bussed Andy in this situation or that I wouldn't try to keep talking like I don't understand anything.

In this game I came up with that mass claim plan and it did work even if I spent most of the time being wrong about who to vote.

I'm a lot more organized as wolf, this is why effortposting become significant. It makes me appear as a godlike player who's pulling plays.

This game I'm more organic which usually leads to being town.

You don't trust me? Well, too bad, this is how I happen to play most of the time.

It's because this is too hard to emulate properly as wolf.
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-9-2017, 11:10 PM   #1043
Hakulyte
the Haku

btw, xXOpKillerXx went from town reading Rapta to killing tiloco.

He has a pretty weird progression on that imo. I'll need to dig back his posts.
Old 06-9-2017, 11:28 PM   #1044
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
Haku went full 1-on-1 vs XelNya when I was pressuring him (Haku) a lot for info. That being said he'd know we would potentially be at least 2 against him, which to me sounds risky (please help on this?) for a wolf.

Andy no clue.

Rapta I want to say would be a great liar if he is actually wolf. At first he said he was ok with lynching XelNya and agreed with my statement (I believe) to lynch Haku next day, then agreed that his vote was probably a mistake after XelNya's post; if he's unsure what to do as wolf, this is it. Also he just agreed on Haku's strat which, if they're both wolves and he doesn't quite know where he's going, makes a whole lot of sense.

Rapta wolf & Haku wolf : Most plausible so far I think, Only if H&H is PR
Rapta town & Haku wolf : Only if H&H is Wolf or the worst VT rofl
Rapta wolf & haku town : Only if H&H is PR
Rapta town & haku town : Only if H&H is Wolf

Sanzath not agreeing with mass claim makes me think he's town by trying to make sure we don't get tricked into some wolfy strat. I'd like to hear more on that, it could push Haku towards wolf imo.
Quote:
Haku, if we vote Rapta, you in ?
Keeping that for reference I guess.

I'd like an explanation about that Rapta/Haku wolf/town scenario thing with H&H.
Old 06-9-2017, 11:30 PM   #1045
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
MASS CLAIMING HAS BEGUN, PLEASE CLAIM YOUR ROLE AS SOON AS YOU READ THIS OR RISK MAKING YOUR TEAM LOSE.
Did you have something againt partial mass claim?
Old 06-9-2017, 11:32 PM   #1046
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
Not much, so far he's VT to me. It may change with the last 2 claims however:

Possible claims:

Andy VT & H&H Tracker: Rapta confirmed wolf

Andy Tracker & H&H Tracker: Damn that would be sick but unless I missed something I'd call Andy/Rapta wolf on that one.

Andy Tracker & H&H Watcher: This would mean either H&H or WV is wolf, so we lynch H&H and if he's really PR, WV and Rapta are Wolves; if H&H is wolf, that's 1 down, Rapta almost confirmed VT (unless H&H sacrificing him lmao that'd be a sick play), Andy and WV confirmed PRs, myself VT, that'd leave Sanz or Haku as the second wolf.

Andy Watcher & H&H Tracker: Rapta confirmed Wofl, and either WV or Andy is lying. Not so sure what to do in this scenario because lynching one will confirm the other but then ???

Any scenario where H&H is VT: Again, if H&H is truly VT he fcked up big time in this scenario... I seriously hope this is not it, because all the above is based on this assumption.
Weird post. It's working under the assumption he knows H&H will claim PR.
Old 06-9-2017, 11:40 PM   #1047
sanzath

Quote:
I haven't played a game with Tracker\Watcher before surprisingly and I'm someone who does tend to confuse rules in TWG in more complex setups or in setups with roles I'm not used to see.

You can see me posting things about mechanics on page 1 being uncertain about what to do.
Oh damn, I actually hadn't really paid attention d0 posts. I guess being you confused about the role actually does make sense, or else you'd have to have planned that way in advance, which I'm now thinking is less likely.

But I'm stilling putting more credibility into the "Haku = madman wolf" idea right now than I was EOD2.

Quote:
As for baiting, the goal is not to get a player "caught", it's literally to create a situation where multiple players evaluate one thing and check how everyone interacts with each others. This game has been a trainwreck tho because these voting patterns are crazy.
Yes but I mean, it goes both ways. Towns can use them to try to find wolves through suspicious interactions, and Wolves and use them to try to find targets through those same interactions.
I guess I don't really have a point to make on this anymore since I'm not so sure about the Watcher bait thing.

Rest of post is you claiming your own meta, I don't have much to say about that which I haven't already said.
Quote:
Old 06-9-2017, 11:42 PM   #1048
sanzath

Btw I'm fairly certain I could answer most of your questions for Op in his place, but I'd rather see what he says about it himself.
Quote:
Old 06-9-2017, 11:47 PM   #1049
sanzath

wow I just realized why it's more valuable to ask questions than to simply assume the answers
Quote:
Old 06-9-2017, 11:51 PM   #1050
Hakulyte
the Haku

Answers have little to no value in this game because it is a game of assumptions unless we're talking about mechanics.

How you answer questions have a lot of value and it can rapidly change the game if something special happens.
Old 06-9-2017, 11:55 PM   #1051
Hakulyte
the Haku

If you answer everything for Op, I'm going to receive 0 game content by Op and what he may have said may have been different than you as well.
Old 06-10-2017, 12:03 AM   #1052
sanzath

Yeah, that's pretty much exactly what I figured out.

Anyway I've noted down what I think his answers will be and see with that
Quote:
Old 06-10-2017, 12:04 AM   #1053
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
(Oh, so this is what Haku means by playing safe, woops)
I'll quickly make a list of what I think is more likely from each of my points.
-Op unvoting quickly: not wolfy
-Haku revoting slowly: a little wolfy
-Andy revoting last: wolfy
-Op wanting to insta Sven: tbd*
-Haku accusing me: not wolfy
-Rapta subbing out: not wolfy nor unwolfy, just something that throws me off
-Op going after Haku aggressively: potentially wolfy, but I'm thinking not

*regarding you wanting to insta Sven:
Unrelated, but we actually tried to use this for bigger games and it ended up being a mess because how you evaluate something as wolf vs the reality and what the player was thinking at that point in time can vary.

You're more likely to find a wolf by "follow the vote" logic or with mechanical plays. At least, unless a would massively slip and fail to recover.

Another way is to try to sit down and make a case where you try to explain yourself the progression of a player and give reasons as to why you think something was happening for X reason.

The problem is that with case, meta is kind of mandatory. I played with new players that were simply thinking very differently of me and I ended up misreading their intentions.

So, in your case with xXOpkillerXx, I have to decide if you're pulling off a badass wolf game or if xXOpkillerXx is trying to stay low profile and get away with minimal intervention.
Old 06-10-2017, 12:06 AM   #1054
Hakulyte
the Haku

I really wish I could edit my posts for typos.
Old 06-10-2017, 12:08 AM   #1055
Hakulyte
the Haku

Well, I could also try to go with who is the most towny between you two and try to ally with that person, I'm just not that confident with how to evaluate that properly at this stage.

Derp.
Old 06-10-2017, 12:20 AM   #1056
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiloco217 View Post
OK this really hurts my eyes with all the bumps so I'm going to stop for a little while. I'm on post 200 ish and the biggest thing I've seen is that hh super scummy. Like he's claiming pr but not claiming and going on me (rapta) as a gambit? I haven't found actual reasoning for why he wanted to kill me. If it isn't hh I would guess that it's opk. He voted third on xel after haku (who I have as light town) and xiz with no reasoning. He then came out with a reads list so clearly he knows how to gather and share his thoughts. Feels like a mafia hopping on a wagon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiloco217 View Post
Also sanzath should never be lynched because he is the only player still alive that didn't vote on xel and there is no way that vote was all town
I know it's too late now, but this is kind of hard to emulate as wolf.
Old 06-10-2017, 12:20 AM   #1057
sanzath

Quote:
Unrelated, but we actually tried to use this for bigger games and it ended up being a mess because how you evaluate something as wolf vs the reality and what the player was thinking at that point in time can vary.

You're more likely to find a wolf by "follow the vote" logic or with mechanical plays. At least, unless a would massively slip and fail to recover.

Another way is to try to sit down and make a case where you try to explain yourself the progression of a player and give reasons as to why you think something was happening for X reason.

The problem is that with case, meta is kind of mandatory. I played with new players that were simply thinking very differently of me and I ended up misreading their intentions.

So, in your case with xXOpkillerXx, I have to decide if you're pulling off a badass wolf game or if xXOpkillerXx is trying to stay low profile and get away with minimal intervention.
I want to think that my strat kind of works in this scenario because I can think of how you'd act irl as wolf vs irl as town, but then I realize that you post way more than I'd expect and that (in your case at least) you've got way more experience than I can really account for.

otherwise ty for tips on how to read once I start getting to know peoples' metas
Quote:
Old 06-10-2017, 12:23 AM   #1058
sanzath

Quote:
I know it's too late now, but this is kind of hard to emulate as wolf.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote:
Old 06-10-2017, 12:27 AM   #1059
sanzath

atm I'm at a point where I'm too tired to do any more analysis or contribute anything of substance until Op arrives, so in the meantime,

?????
Quote:
Old 06-10-2017, 12:30 AM   #1060
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
I want to think that my strat kind of works in this scenario because I can think of how you'd act irl as wolf vs irl as town, but then I realize that you post way more than I'd expect and that (in your case at least) you've got way more experience than I can really account for.

otherwise ty for tips on how to read once I start getting to know peoples' metas
Experience doesn't mean much with certain players tbh, it's more about understanding core concepts of that game and taking advantage of them properly.

Probably just going to sleep because I want all 3 of us to be online at same time for this.