Old 05-12-2019, 11:45 AM   #1481
Gradiant
FFR's Resident Trashpanda
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Gradiant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Michigan
Age: 26
Posts: 1,182
Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
"I guess I should try to find something better."

I wish we where playing in person because I would love for anyone to look me dead in the eyes and tell me town Haku said that sincerely
Can't really shit talk here, he's the only one of you two looking like they're trying to go through game to make a case against the other
Gradiant is offline  
Old 05-12-2019, 02:04 PM   #1482
mellon_collie
FFR Player
 
mellon_collie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Age: 29
Posts: 56
Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
"I guess I should try to find something better."

I wish we where playing in person because I would love for anyone to look me dead in the eyes and tell me town Haku said that sincerely
Kinda liking Lar's attitude here. It reminds me of myself when I'm thunderdoming as a PR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradiant View Post
Can't really shit talk here, he's the only one of you two looking like they're trying to go through game to make a case against the other
Connected to what I said up there, I can have a hard time making a case for myself while thunderdoming. because if I'm a PR, from my perspective there is no case to be made.

I still think that Lar should do everything he can to make a case for himself. But I could understand why he might have difficulty doing so even if he is real
mellon_collie is offline  
Old 05-12-2019, 02:24 PM   #1483
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author
 
MixMasterLar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Emerald Coast
Posts: 5,069
Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradiant View Post
Can't really shit talk here, he's the only one of you two looking like they're trying to go through game to make a case against the other
Haku's play comprises of earlier posts that I liked the tone of (hence the early townread) and him speculating the setup when Shado, InD and Yosh where posting endless examples. Besides the actual claim and what he has done this phase (Which I feel I've covered both pretty well, I've addressed everything Haku's said this phase but point something out if you feel I've missed it) I don't know what you're expecting.

I would hope you would look at the quality of his push to try and read him but this post just makes me think you're going to judge it off of who makes more of a push, which is already pretty unfair since I'm obviously tied up for mother's day and Haku didn't have that much of a postcount before the claim anyway; really seems like the bulk of the work he's done is this phase and again, I've addressed it all.

If you've seen Haku posts before this phase that look really good/Bad and clear/condemn him, share with the class.
__________________

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter
I have a Let's Play Channel that I update weekly
(most of the time)
Subscribe and be a part of the fun!



Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
Achievement unlocked: reading the setup
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Mad Dummy (Neee) View Post
But, I mean, shado claimed to seer check his N0 on N4, so obvs there's some NEXT LEVEL SHIT going down..
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I have beat my meat to storn's posts no less than four times
.
MixMasterLar is offline  
Old 05-12-2019, 04:34 PM   #1484
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author
 
MixMasterLar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Emerald Coast
Posts: 5,069
Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradiant View Post
Can't really shit talk here, he's the only one of you two looking like they're trying to go through game to make a case against the other
You know the way you where throwing shade on me I expected something more from you in terms of thoughts when I finally checked back


My bad.
__________________

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter
I have a Let's Play Channel that I update weekly
(most of the time)
Subscribe and be a part of the fun!



Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
Achievement unlocked: reading the setup
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Mad Dummy (Neee) View Post
But, I mean, shado claimed to seer check his N0 on N4, so obvs there's some NEXT LEVEL SHIT going down..
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I have beat my meat to storn's posts no less than four times
.
MixMasterLar is offline  
Old 05-12-2019, 04:36 PM   #1485
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author
 
MixMasterLar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Emerald Coast
Posts: 5,069
Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

I think the fact that Haku was afraid of engaging me because he didn't want to indict himself speaks volumes.
__________________

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter
I have a Let's Play Channel that I update weekly
(most of the time)
Subscribe and be a part of the fun!



Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
Achievement unlocked: reading the setup
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Mad Dummy (Neee) View Post
But, I mean, shado claimed to seer check his N0 on N4, so obvs there's some NEXT LEVEL SHIT going down..
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I have beat my meat to storn's posts no less than four times
.
MixMasterLar is offline  
Old 05-12-2019, 04:48 PM   #1486
Gradiant
FFR's Resident Trashpanda
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Gradiant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Michigan
Age: 26
Posts: 1,182
Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
You know the way you where throwing shade on me I expected something more from you in terms of thoughts when I finally checked back


My bad.
Sorry I'm busy, probably will be rest of the night. Don't really think I was throwing shade there though tbh, just pointing out that you can't be cussing and talking shit at somebody that's reading through for posts to make a case while all of your posts are just reactions to them and calling him dumb. And I think that's why he said he didn't want to talk with you anymore, because it really did seem like you were waiting for him to say certain things that you could jump on, which isn't productive for him. mml
Gradiant is offline  
Old 05-12-2019, 04:50 PM   #1487
Gradiant
FFR's Resident Trashpanda
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Gradiant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Michigan
Age: 26
Posts: 1,182
Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

Liked haku's posts regarding mml thoughts on antori, think wolf haku here would act bit more defeatist rather than looking for connections like that.
Gradiant is offline  
Old 05-12-2019, 04:52 PM   #1488
Hakulyte
FFR & TWG Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran
 
Hakulyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,125
Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
Kinda liking Lar's attitude here. It reminds me of myself when I'm thunderdoming as a PR
I want you to describe what you mean by that because all I see is someone sitting back and hoping I derp or find nothing conclusive while investigating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
No one would argue that what your posting is mechanically more insightful then anything Haku posts d0 in the history of ever (I love you Haku but you just shine better later on) but I think what Haku is fixated on and the manner he's going about it is telling specifically for him and his meta


That said I believe that giving general thoughts about Haku d0 is pure easy-mode and I was under the assumption that you knew Haku better then to really see anything worth commenting. That said, I will concede its been awhile for you too and you may not really hold that view.

Still What Haku says tells me about what he sees his role as where yours really didn't leave much of an impression other then d0 thoughts. Which is fine; it's much more then some people give on d0 and all that can be asked but I think it's funny you would call Haku's padding because at the end of the game your d0 thoughts are d0 thoughts.

Hence, your post is closer to padding then his.

If you want to see that remake of mine black/white (as you have accused me of doing to Haku's post) and read that as "He's calling my post padding!"....well, I'd say I don't think I would disagree with that assessment either, but again if it's been awhile since you've played with Haku and you're trying to reset the meta read then I'll concede your post serves a better purpose.

But I'll spoil the fun right now and you that Haku is still extremely easy to solve. He's the one d0 read I always nail right. I understand if what works for me isn't a good reason for you but that's where I am on him. Mechanics / slips would have to be made before I really think what he posted came from WolfHaku.
Annoyed to read this, but I guess I can't do much about it because others don't know 100% why it's so confidently coming from nowhere.
Hakulyte is online now  
Old 05-12-2019, 05:02 PM   #1489
Hakulyte
FFR & TWG Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran
 
Hakulyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,125
Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

Interacting with MML for me is detrimental because we're both forced to defend opposite stances at this point.

It's just going to make both of us look bad.

It's more win/win to either iso each others or find connections that would incriminate the other.
Hakulyte is online now  
Old 05-12-2019, 05:03 PM   #1490
mellon_collie
FFR Player
 
mellon_collie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Age: 29
Posts: 56
Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
I want you to describe what you mean by that because all I see is someone sitting back and hoping I derp or find nothing conclusive while investigating.
I'm thinking of my own meta mostly and how I would react and have reacted in the past, while being in the middle of a claim solving situation. From the angle of the PR it's hard not to think your own softs were good etc because you know that you are telling the truth, so you look at everything from that angle. Your case seems more solid than it really is because you know the solution. and it can be hard to put your mind into the zone that everyone else is in

I don't know if that's a good way to explain it, but yeah.
mellon_collie is offline  
Old 05-12-2019, 05:15 PM   #1491
Hakulyte
FFR & TWG Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran
 
Hakulyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,125
Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
I'm thinking of my own meta mostly and how I would react and have reacted in the past, while being in the middle of a claim solving situation. From the angle of the PR it's hard not to think your own softs were good etc because you know that you are telling the truth, so you look at everything from that angle. Your case seems more solid than it really is because you know the solution. and it can be hard to put your mind into the zone that everyone else is in

I don't know if that's a good way to explain it, but yeah.
Not really. It's as simple as knowing that the others don't know that I know he's wolfing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
Lar is a wolf in my eyes because his play doesn't feel authentic, it feels like it plays to a narrative, and he's dodged things and provocations in a way I don't think he usually does, especially when someone outright says come at me and he doesn't, particularly because of the context of where it happens in the game.
btw, Xel had the right idea overall in terms of describing what's off.
Hakulyte is online now  
Old 05-12-2019, 05:20 PM   #1492
Hakulyte
FFR & TWG Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran
 
Hakulyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,125
Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
I think the fact that Haku was afraid of engaging me because he didn't want to indict himself speaks volumes.
I'm just picturing you saying "No, you're wrong; You should know better" every single thing I would post to the point that it's discouraging to want to directly engage you if it doesn't serve a purpose.

What do you gain from interacting directly with me ?
Hakulyte is online now  
Old 05-12-2019, 05:36 PM   #1493
Hakulyte
FFR & TWG Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran
 
Hakulyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,125
Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

I think town MML would be more enthusiastic about being in a thunderdome with me because I don't really tend to pressure players much in a 1v1 scenario.

I'd expect him to just rain quotes and laugh about how it's obvious wolf haku here etc.

Seeing him being content with just reacting to my posts and mentioning volume over wolfy stuff is not good.
Hakulyte is online now  
Old 05-12-2019, 06:17 PM   #1494
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author
 
inDheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 479
Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

hope everyone's having a nice holiday

i'm having a good headache thanks for asking

i feel some amount like chopped liver over my posts earlier this phase getting rather little attention, but at this point i'd understand if people don't want to interact with me and that's fine i guess

sorry about that. i'd rather we actually talk to each other if you've got thoughts though, that's how the game is played after all

i guess that's more for successive days

this game state is easy to be complacent in and i'm kinda feeling it - although more generally it's one of those days where opening up a twg thread doesn't feel great to me. bleah
inDheart is offline  
Old 05-12-2019, 06:19 PM   #1495
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player
 
ShadoWolfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: On a life-size Flat Earth model
Posts: 136
Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

Quick summary: On ISO, Haku doesn't look so hot. There's a bunch of times this game where there seems to be a clear filter he's forcing on himself in his posts. Whether that filter is from him wolfing and trying to seem natural or whether it's because he's the real cop remains to be seen, but I lean towards the former after reading thru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
Considering this is D0 and how many people I've seen while being online after work; I can pmuch tell I won't be leading this game.

I guess I will mostly just echo feedback as the game goes on and try to fetch what I think will make a difference.
For his first post in this game, this post betrays a mindset unnaturally focused on how he's going to play/post. He sets up a posting style (don't lead, echo feedback, bring up relevant posts) and surprisingly doesn't err from it in retrospect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
Hey, I'm back.

Time to be uncertain about which posts I'm supposed to answer.
Here again his focus in coming to thread is how he's going to post. While uncertainty is an expected staple of Haku's game, "time to be uncertain" and "supposed to answer" do more to showcase a filter on his play than they actually show uncertainty. Almost like he's reminding himself to be uncertain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
I'd tend to wait it out on that and try to see if there's not something easier to figure out tbh.
In response to star asking me to argue about views on Raeko. Follows this up with:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
Yeah, okay, no. I won't stand for commentary / non committal playstyle.

wayward vagabond
"I won't stand for commentary" raised my eyebrow as unexpectedly harsh coming from Haku. Is there a historical anti-commentary meta from Haku? because this is the first I hear of it for such a strong stand he's making.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
So, basically we're waiting for Shado's input at this stage ?
This struck me as odd when it first happened, and age has not helped it mature. One thing I don't like about Haku's game this game is that *normally* his posting feels FREE and unrestricted. Even during night phases as town, he brainstorms world after world regardless of how realistic they are and doesn't hold back his posts.

Here, not only is there a filter on *what* he's posting, but he doesn't even brainstorm when there's a lull in dayphase? Instead, "we're waiting for Shado's input at this stage ?"


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
Actually, who have you played before here and who are you comfortable reading ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
I'm like really curious because it's my first game with him.
This only became weird once Antori flipped wolf. Here, he's asking Antori which players he's familiar with and so on. The first post is an absolutely standard question that wouldn't raise any flags no matter who asked it.

He immediately followed it up with a justification, though: "I'm *like really curious* because it's my first game with *him*."

That first post requires no justification, and the "like really" emphasis on "curious" combined with the "him" rather than "you" means he's addressing that justification to us. It's not to get Antori to answer his question, it's to make sure everyone knows how curious he is about who Antori's played with.
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
ShadoWolfe is offline  
Old 05-12-2019, 06:23 PM   #1496
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player
 
ShadoWolfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: On a life-size Flat Earth model
Posts: 136
Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

I'll be transparent and say that Raeko's post saying she liked MML's tone made me apprehensive about lynching MML, because I'd expect her to go for some townpoints by trying to highlight something scummy about her partner.

I might not have been motivated to ISO Haku if that post hadn't made me worry

I guess this is all irrelevant if Raeko's town, but that world is just... idk
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
ShadoWolfe is offline  
Old 05-12-2019, 06:28 PM   #1497
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player
 
ShadoWolfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: On a life-size Flat Earth model
Posts: 136
Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

I'm remembering "F3" in BOATS where I wasn't looking forward to having to decide between Xiz and.. roundbox (?) in F3 and then I woke up and they had both shot each other and town won.

Why can't everything end like that
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
ShadoWolfe is offline  
Old 05-12-2019, 06:30 PM   #1498
Hakulyte
FFR & TWG Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran
 
Hakulyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,125
Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

Read my entrance knowing I'm Town Cop. It should make more sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
"I won't stand for commentary" raised my eyebrow as unexpectedly harsh coming from Haku. Is there a historical anti-commentary meta from Haku? because this is the first I hear of it for such a strong stand he's making.
I loss to WV before where he was just sitting back and doing nothing the entire game. Normally I town read WV based on him indirectly trying to do something meaningful to the push the game in some direction.

I didn't see that this game. It was mostly just filler and that contradiction about him reading/not reading his own posts related to MML.

Even at this point I don't know what he was trying to do.
Hakulyte is online now  
Old 05-12-2019, 06:30 PM   #1499
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author
 
MixMasterLar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Emerald Coast
Posts: 5,069
Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
I'll be transparent and say that Raeko's post saying she liked MML's tone made me apprehensive about lynching MML, because I'd expect her to go for some townpoints by trying to highlight something scummy about her partner.

I might not have been motivated to ISO Haku if that post hadn't made me worry

I guess this is all irrelevant if Raeko's town, but that world is just... idk
I would bet my lunch Raeko is town

Haku is obviously being couched and I don't see Raeko doing that.

I'm biasedly going to say I like Yosh's post on me the least so that he's Haku's partner, and that if I was in final 3 with Yosh this game i vote him 100% of the time over Raeko
__________________

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter
I have a Let's Play Channel that I update weekly
(most of the time)
Subscribe and be a part of the fun!



Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
Achievement unlocked: reading the setup
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Mad Dummy (Neee) View Post
But, I mean, shado claimed to seer check his N0 on N4, so obvs there's some NEXT LEVEL SHIT going down..
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I have beat my meat to storn's posts no less than four times
.
MixMasterLar is offline  
Old 05-12-2019, 06:30 PM   #1500
star-crossed
FFR Player
 
star-crossed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 11
Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

Haku (1)- MML
MML (2)- Haku, Gradiant
unvote-
star-crossed is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution