Default Re: Anime North 2014 discussion/hype/planning thread

EXPANDING POST TO SHOW BRO LOVE

dude
out west?
the fuck kinda location is west?
am i buying weed off a gotdamn pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
remind everyone that i am an outed racist neo-nazi who no one in their right mind should ever interact with in any way whatsoever

http://imgur.com/a/Ww9g3
Litodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 10:21 PM   #942
linky123456
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to linky123456 Send a message via Yahoo to linky123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
are you cosplaying Jinx or something lmfao
Damn right I am. There are more pictures floating around on the internets, it was pretty fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar View Post
linky: it was maybe just a 20 second conversation but you actually gave a gigantic boost to myself esteem. thanks a lot for that. I was genuinely touched.
Glad to be of service <3
Old 05-27-2014, 11:25 PM   #943
CondorTalon
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar View Post
ps you should hook me up with you and condor's pad packs

they were hella fun
GPOPS
TalonMix Super Bundle (TalonMix I - IV) + (Correctly re-synced TalonMix I)
TalonMix V
TalonMix VI

Consider yourself hooked up
CondorTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 01:10 PM   #944
melonpapes
FFR Player

awesome time even tho i didnt meet all of you~

cool to see danceguy again, and kommisar, fun times chillin with cedolad in michgian and I met very briefly sunfan and litodude (who has some legit dance moves).

maybe its time to actually finally get absorbed into this community. i've known enough members irl for too long now -_-
melonpapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:36 PM   #945
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by melonpapes View Post
maybe its time to actually finally get absorbed into this community. i've known enough members irl for too long now -_-
yeah dude

You should sign up for a twig too.
Old 05-30-2014, 03:24 PM   #946
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

TWIG
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:02 PM   #947
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

my cosplay if anyone missed it

Old 05-30-2014, 04:06 PM   #948
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay. okay.

What
I don't remember any of this
8D

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:22 PM   #949
smartdude1212
2 is poo
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

8D
smartdude1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:25 PM   #950
cedolad
moonchild~

Send a message via Skype™ to cedolad

nice signature
Old 05-30-2014, 04:28 PM   #951
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Team QC when will the vlog be uploaded ?
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:37 PM   #952
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Oh I almost forgot

Also, for anyone who wants new TOASTY stepmania images, here are some great ones (click for pic pic):

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:51 PM   #953
samurai7694
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

that's amazing lmfao
Old 05-30-2014, 04:52 PM   #954
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

fml
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:59 PM   #955
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

How's it feel dAnce that you will be a toasty for someone in the SM community?

<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 11:22 PM   #956
Pawn535
FFR Player

Little late to the party, but having just returned from Toronto yesterday and being tired, you'll have to understand.

I wish to give shoutouts and thanks to the people whom I recall and made the weekend extraordinary. I don't remember nearly all the names, and even fewer usernames, so please bear with me!

To Maggie/Rob, Very many thanks for the vehicular transportation provided! Despite very sore feet, that little excursion through High Park, and the bumbling through the woods within was entertaining.

Pete/Bridget, Also many thanks for the vehicular transportation provided over the weekend! Additionally, very nice job with the Shino/Tsuda cosplay from Seitokai Yakuindomo. I'll definitely be attempting my hand at cosplaying as something next year!
Pete: For sharing pitchers of beer, I don thee Beer bro. Bridget: I think you're the only one I really talked anime with so you are anibuddy

Ally (Allie?), Probably saw you the most out of everyone over the weekend, so thanks for all the chill time! Many thanks for the organizing, and generally knowing what was what and what was going on. Many great times at Canada's Wonderland!

Jordan, or Pandaman as I called you in my head, For spending many hours running about getting peoples orders, collecting payments, retrieving, and delivering all of that deliciously orgasmic Smoke's Poutine, you have my very sincere thanks. And also for braving some of those rides at Canada's Wonderland. Also for

Matthieu, despite the lack of influences, we had a pretty damn good time at the rave Saturday night!

Bobby, Concrete jungle wet dream tomato!

Stian/Luis, I think you two were the first I was introduced to in the lineup for passes on Thursday. Saw quite a bit of you two over the weekend so thanks for helping to make it memorable! and Stian, just... just don't change. XD

Lito, we'll always have the wooden roller coaster. (seriously, that thing left me with injuries.)

I'm probably forgetting people who's names elude me, or whom I'm just generally not remembering as there were a lot of people, so I apologise to them!

Last edited by Pawn535; 05-31-2014 at 12:52 AM..
Pawn535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 11:45 PM   #957
samurai7694
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

"Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? SpONGgeBO---OOOOO SHIT!" - The Bat ride
Old 05-30-2014, 11:59 PM   #958
smartdude1212
2 is poo
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai7694 View Post
"Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? SpONGgeBO---OOOOO SHIT!" - The Bat ride
Or us being on the D7 train to Dossar heaven (hell?) regarding the Leviathan.

I still have to compose a shoutout post whoop whoop.
smartdude1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 03:53 AM   #959
ohsosilly
Gets all the birds
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to ohsosilly

This post is super late (I've had a crazy week) but... sending so much love and hugs to all of you. This AN was just as amazing as last year's, if not better! I didn't take as many pictures as I wanted to, but there are a few below In the meantime, gonna jump on the bandwagon and do some shoutouts to all of the kickass people that I met/got to see again:

To the incredible Thursday night Kelsey's-goers, who kicked off everything with a bang:
Adam, can I just say that after AN I am about 400 million times more excited to have you come to Vancouver?! From our "good day" shots (why didn't we get the "bad day," again?) to every hilarious comment you made throughout the weekend, to finally getting to see you *actually play FFR*, you are just an excellent human being and I cannot wait to be able to chill with you anytime we want! VancouFFR is so lucky to have you!!!
Ally-bean, you wonderful girl. We always have such a blast at AN, and it was so lovely getting to see and hug and just spend time with you some more! Thanks for always being the gal with a plan, for being the indisputably sweetest, kindest and most patient person around, and for always making me smile. Love you doll, can't wait til next year!
Bobby, for all of those pre-AN hype texts, for a total blast on Thursday and Sunday nights (I loved what you said about us being there from beginning to end, so true!) and for being way chill. :] So glad that there's a fellow teacher in Canada that I know now. Was awesome getting to hang out with you!
Luis for being a complete trooper on Thursday, for the excellent goodbye hug I got from you on Sunday, and for everything in between! It was a blast meeting you!! Can't wait to talk even more!
Stian for dealing with all of the crazy text message convos that we had to endure throughout the weekend! I have no idea what I would have done without you!! Was great getting to meet a tru FFR master :')
Chris, so glad you're getting back into the FFR thing! Thank you, first and foremost, for always being visible and easy find-able ;P Haha jk, it was a blast getting to know you and I really hope you come next year!! Thanks for all of the sweet anime convos and THANK YOU for being the only one to understand how truly majestic that Whitebeard drawing was, holy hell :P

Other shoutouts to cool people throughout the weekend (in chronological order for when I saw you lol)
Terry for giving me another chance to have the Religious Hypocrite, which is still the best name for a burger in existence. Was great getting to see you again, and I loved our McDonald's adventure. Thanks for comin' out!
Rob & Maggie, was great to meet you guys! Wish we'd gotten to talk a bit more
Arc aka Aaron, now that I finally know your tru name ;D Was SO awesome getting to see you again! You give really good hugs, by the way. Definitely an A+ hugger. Anyway, thank you for the pre- and post- poutine conversations that normally, funnily enough, seemed to revolve around poutine ;P and for being a simply wonderful person to spend time with :') Let's make it 3 years in a row next year, shall we?!
Andrew and Becky, thanks for letting me watch you play Magic, even it was only for a minute! Was awesome to meet you!
Vince, I suppose you deserve a shoutout ;P Nah jk, was great to see you again this year! Thanks for being mostly nice to me and for letting me take the most glorious photo of you, me and greggy that I will forever frame and for enduring far too many hugs (whateva like there's any such thing)
Sarah, your Kiki cosplay was lovely and it was awesome to see you again this year!
Raeko and Afrobean, was great to meet you guys too! Raeko, both of your cosplays that I saw were the cutest damn thing, for real.
Lito for having some sick ass dance moves and for being hella chill! The video of you dancing at Swiss Chalet is coming as soon as I can figure out how to rotate it lol
Tyson and the rest of the people that ran to get the poutine: thank you SO much, that was awesome of you guys and it was really appreciated. Best pulled pork poutine I've ever had!

To the unparalleled Team QC, je vous adore tellement ! Merci de m'avoir donné l'occasion de parler français ce week-end <3 Plus spécifiquement...
Sven, that t-shirt was legendary. Thank you so much for the most cringeworthy-but-also-beautiful present I have ever gotten. Thanks for all of the hugs and for the chance to chill with you a second time 8) Finland isn't gonna know what hit it!!!
Félix, mon prof de français, THANK YOU for loving the fact that I speak French (most people are like 'but why?') and for proceeding to talk to me in French for the rest of forever. That was a serious breath of fresh air. You are so funny (sorry for almost killing you while you gave us high-fives on the way out of the hotel, by the way) and I look forward to so many more conversations with you. I'm sure it'll be super ~bouche bée~ lmao
Mathieu, we killed that rave!!! That was such a blast, can't wait to do it again next year! I absolutely loved our discussions in the car on Saturday night (thanks for watching all of the hoola hoop videos looool). Thanks for being a genuinely kind, mad chill dude. 8)
Sanz, nothing makes me happier than seeing Okabe staring at me from across a Sheraton lobby. SO glad I got to hang out with you again this year - your cosplay was truly excellent and I can't wait to see the Team QC vid footage!!

And finally, to the dudes who put up with sharing a room with me for four days:
Silv, thanks for running around the dealer's room with me, for stalking cosplays from random anime with me (there was a LINK, can you believe it? And, what's that, Attack on Titan? Wow, so original! ;P) You make beautiful art and have fantastic music taste. Also, you are the haircutting masta and I am truly in awe of your skills. Thank you for kicking Greg's (and also me and Pete's but that's less important) ass in President and for being a wonderful, constantly positive presence in the room. You da best <33
Pete, what can I even say about someone who endures going to a sex shop to buy a wig JUST to do a cosplay with me? You are a great Tsuda and an even better friend. Thank you for all of the laughs, all of the ganging up on Greg, the off-roading experience, (actually the entire Target experience in general was a fabulous bonding moment), for kicking ass at ITG no matter what your wig is doing, for pulling basically all-nighters for the sake of said wig, for checking on me in gazebos when I'm sad, and for all of the other fantastic experiences we had this weekend. Also, an added note: thank you SO much for driving us around all weekend, I really appreciated that sacrifice, but that's just part of the genuine, selfless person that you are, so I am in no way surprised :') Thank you sooooo much for everything, Petey.
Greg, meh. :P Bwahaha, I know, I'm not clever at all. Anywhore, thank you for, as always, being the perfect mix of humor and tough love that makes our friendship so damn enjoyable. It's always fun to see how our online banter moves perfectly and flawlessly into real life. In addition to rolling your eyes at my excited declaration of every Soul Eater cosplay, hiding the inevitable "Greggers" StreetPass from me, and for yelling at me for various things throughout the weekend, I also loved our long convos throughout the day and evening on Sunday, and really appreciated your 'suggestion' that people come and check on me. I'm glad we got to chill for a few days and that you finally got to get out of damn Alabama, looool. You're a really good friend, Greggy... Nah, I'm just kidding, I hate you. <3

Photos/Vids by category:

Day 1!

"Just a second" says Greg

Terry!

The prettiest

Haircut genius

Ally <3

Adam <3

another, slightly different copy of this excellent photo

Look what the cat dragged in

My boys :')

Arc!!! <3

Oh hello HOUOUIN KYOUMA

Chris onstage at the rave looool

Greg pretends to be happy

(sorry Silv :[) Also apologies that this is huge

Selfie style

I can just hear Pete saying "this pose doesn't even exist!"

This will always be my favorite, though.

Shino and Tsuda play ITG:

"This is my excited face"

He's actually not unhappy in this one, because you can't be sad whilst eating a quesadilla

and finally, the rest of Pete's wig saga:

To everyone else, if I forgot you or didn't get to meet you - thank all you so much for making this such an amazing weekend! I had such a blast, and it really is the general atmosphere of AN that makes it so amazing, so yeah... hope I get to see you all next year!

Last edited by ohsosilly; 05-31-2014 at 01:01 PM..
ohsosilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 02:52 PM   #960
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

maybe I'll do a shoutouts post later.

I kinda compiled a listing of those who showed up or at least went to the con, but I'm fairly certain I'm missing people (give me a shout if I'm missing someone!):
AN 2014:
    .Layne.
    Afrobean
    arcnmx
    Becky8
    clasko1000
    CondorTalon
    coolrun
    Coveyduck
    dAnceguy117
    DarknessXoXLight
    Dynam0
    Gpop
    Gundam-Dude
    Hakulyte
    Halfstep
    Hateandhatred
    Hurleyisgod
    Kaneh
    Kommisar
    linky123456
    Litodude
    lurker
    MarioNintendo
    megamon88
    mellonxcollie
    melonpapes
    MrPopadopalis25
    Nuyaka_Jaren
    ohsosilly
    One Winged Angel
    Pawn535
    pmonibuv1
    rCaliberGX
    samurai7694
    sanzath
    SCWolf
    silentoath
    Silvuh
    Sky Kitten
    smartdude1212
    Spenner
    Staiain
    thesunfan
    TrixiePuff
    tyson ultima
    Vickieex3
    Wineandbread
    Winrar
    WTFBrandon
    xMUSICxMASTERx
    xXOpkillerXx
    xThai
    Zeldagurlfan1

p.s. for those of you that asked me in person who I was cosplayed as, I grabbed this gem on sunday before the con ended

I didn't bother with a knife prop because I was too lazy to go through weapons check so I ended up carrying the haagen-dazs instead as an accessory. kommi has a comparison photo somewhere, lol

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)

Last edited by Gundam-Dude; 05-31-2014 at 02:59 PM..
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote