Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-9-2018, 07:11 PM   #1
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Dossar's Foot Play goals

On September 3rd I adjusted my StepmaniaX Stage to a more playable state and had my first session on it. The up arrow is still a bit funky, but otherwise the pad is pretty good.

This thread is for tracking some goals I have related to foot play in addition to weight loss goals.

July 2019 Goals
DDR:
- Normal clear lamp on all 18s
- Break 980k on another 18
- Pass Egoism 440 CSP 19

ITG:
- Pass 10 total 15s, with at least three of them being from the Pendulum pack

Click the below spoiler for the 2018 entries.

September 2018

September 7
There was some 170-range streaming this day, but it was more suited for crossovers. I got my first Crossover Spectrum 13 star this session and a pass on exotic ethnic 1.8 rate that raised my 1.7 rate score from a while ago by 2%.

September 9
This session was an hour of only playing 170-range stream songs. The most notable score was a 32 measure run at 173 that I played three times, and the best score was 97.76%.

September 11
In this session I tried out fitkicks for the first time with socks over them. They're certainly good for streaming after you get used to them.

It's worth noting that this is probably the most 14s I have played in one session and I got my first FEC on Silence 1.1x rate. Be Lovin was improved from my first pass which was around 70%. This session was very tiring, and I'll probably have a similar one Thursday.

September 13
Today I started the session differently; I only played three 12s and then after that I only played 13s. I played exactly thirteen 13s this session, starting with accumulating around 120 measures of 155 from Last Message (this was hard to jump into after only three songs), and accumulating about 350 measures of 170-range stream from the other songs. Squeeze is 173 BPM.

September 15
After this session, I've decided to update the September goals to be about consistently playing 13s rather than the specific 170 BPM goal I had previously. After playing a handful of 12s, I did mostly 13s and passed London Evolved 14 again from 170 BPM Eternal with a really bad score.

September 17
In this session I re-passed two Pendulum 14s and FC'd Breathe. Crush is around a 6% improvement from my previous pass. It was a pretty good session, although failing Granite 6 measures from the end was unfortunate (the jack-heavy patterns in that chart kill me).

September 19
This was the first session where I passed 16 measures of 200 BPM stream. I did it four times and after that I was very sore. I might consider uploading the 200 BPM training video I took.

September 22
Since the session on September 19 I noticed my right leg had a sting. For some reason I was also feeling super fatigued (mind and legs felt heavy), and was barely able to do 16 measures of 175. Definitely the worst session I've had so far, and I'm hoping how I felt this day is not recurring (if it is, I'll consider seeing my doctor).

I also got a better idea of what goals to move over to October and what they should change to.

September 25
This session was more reassuring but still not that great. I was able to play Breathe three times in a row near the end of it (the 32 measure 173 stream) and the highest score was only a 93% although it's an improvement from the last session. I'll probably continue building a foundation on the 170 range for a while.

September 27
I was going to have a session today but then the down panel had a sensor that was acting up. I'm currently trying to figure this out, and will probably get a better look on Sunday. Saturday I'll be playing over at a friend's house instead.

September 29
Got my first pass on Calamity Fortune SX 14 this session, playing on a friend's setup. On Sunday I got the down arrow on my SMX pad back to a playable state.

October 2018

October 1
This session was a great start to October. I played Calamity Fortune 5 times in succession. The best score was a 92% break with 5 misses, where all misses were in the longer stream section and all the notes outside of it were FC'd. I also got my first 90 break on Hold Your Colour Bipolar Vocal Mix SX 14, FC'ing the last stream. Both were on video too! I should note that Hold Your Colour Bipolar Vocal Mix was after Calamity Fortune, and its speed in the 170s felt way more manageable than 200. The two runs I had were 86% and then 93% (main difference was cutting down misses, the accuracy was similar).

Calamity Fortune 5 times in the session

Calamity Fortune SX 14 - 92.33%

Hold Your Colour (Bipolar Vocal Mix) SX 14 - 93.34%

October 4
Mind felt heavy today and didn't get as much sleep the past couple of days, so it was expected this session wouldn't be that good. I was still able to get 12 measures into the middle run of Calamity Fortune SX 14 though, even if it was a lot of greatrushing.

October 6
Pretty good session today. I played a turn/candle heavy chart with 32 unbroken measures of 175 five times in succession, and passed Silence 1.2 rate afterwards as the last song.

October 8
I almost FC'd three sets of 4 measure 220 runs (simpler patterns with a turn every half measure), focusing more on speed this time. However, the down panel was probably more fragile than I thought compared to the other ones and it got a crack. Messaged Kyle to see what I can do in the meantime -- otherwise, no more sessions until that's resolved.

October 13
Played DDR A and got a 930,000 break on Fascination Maxx CSP 18 and broke 920,000 on Come To Life CSP 18. It didn't take very long to start getting into these, which to me is an indication of my speed improving. The replacement panel also arrived today so I'll get to installing that on Sunday in addition to adjusting the left and right panels.

October 15
Was doing pretty good before the rubber supports became uneven and I had to stop to turn the pad over and re-adjust them.

October 18
Was feeling rather sluggish today, but at this point the right panel started to totally screw me over. I still managed to barely pass Breathe SX 13, with 19 misses on the right arrow. I spent over an hour adjusting it and it should be better after my riser frame arrives (I ordered it earlier this week).

October 20
I visited the Round 1 Maine location for the first time and it was a pretty good session.

Highlights include:
- First Single 18 950,000 break (Max 360 ESP 18)
- Another Doubles 18 Pass (Paranoia Revolution EDP 18)
- Two new ESP 16 AAAs (Life is Beautiful and Wadatsumi)
- Passing Pursuer ESP 17 (Life4 on this can be stressful with the slow reading)
- Fascination Maxx CSP 18 double digit greats and single digit misses

October 23
Played on the StepmaniaX Stage for about 40 minutes before it shut off and didn't turn back on. Sent Kyle an e-mail about what I can do.

October 25
Highlighting in red to indicate it wasn't actually a session. I took this night to open the control area and adjust the power brick to not be loose, and the pad turned on again. I also installed the riser frame.

I'm just going to take the rest of this week off and start again on Sunday. I'd rather get some more rest and go fresh Sunday, despite how much I want to play on the pad right now with the riser frame installed. Eyes and mind are heavy. In general, this was an uneventful month so I'm not that concerned about doing this.

October 28
The riser frame helped, although I'd like to see if the right panel can be lowered a bit since it's currently the highest panel given how the sensors are laid out right now.

Today was an alright session, first hour session in a while without the pad having some sort of weird thing happen. Socks had a lot of grip though.

October 30
Last session for October. Focused entirely on DDR songs today to cover speeds faster than what I'm used to (180+ BPM) and be more familiar with the files next time I play on a DDR A machine.

In the future, Be a Hero ESP 17 might end up being my first 990k break, and I can see myself breaking 950k on a few other 18s.

November 2018

November 1
Played for about 45 minutes before the right arrow convinced me to stop and adjust again. This month I'll have a focus of tuning the bottom-right of the up arrow, and the inner two corners of the right arrow. I'm not sure why these particular areas are so special when it comes to the pressure applied.

November 3
Another pretty good session. For the first 20 minutes I warmed up with ITG 10-13 and then went over to some DDR songs. I got less than 10 misses on Paranoia Hades CSP 18 with decent accuracy, so surprisingly enough this could be an 18 to aim for a 950k break. The first half with the jumps is usually what wrecks my score in addition to the 12th jacks in the middle though.

It's also worth noting that I lost 1.5 pounds of water weight this session, and it was 1 hour 15 minutes. Definitely nice to have a longer one than 40-45 minutes.

November 5
Today was a great session for speed! 1 hour, did a good number of 190+ BPM charts. The November goals are looking like more of a reality next time I go to a DDR A machine.

November 7
Had a Dave N' Busters meetup and realized that if I didn't want to get the technician in trouble I had to keep my shoes on so my performance wasn't good. In addition, the up arrow was bad (true story, ITGAlex got 11 greats 12 misses on Come To Life CSP 18 with most of the misses and greats on up)

November 10
My legs were super stiff today for some reason, anything above 160 BPM was impossible to control this session. I played mostly songs at or below that BPM range and had some pretty good accuracy though.

November 12
Today my speed and accuracy was pretty good but from a stamina standpoint, not so great.

November 14
Best session of November so far. I got another star on a 14 and it's the fastest 14 star I have as of now (169 BPM), with the previous one being Endless Flyer SX 14 at 160 BPM. Speed Over Beethoven also crushes my previous score of 88.27% from September 11 this year where I ran out of juice at the end and my score fell apart.

Also broke 90% on Senorita Speedy Mix SX 14 for the first time, a major improvement from the previous 84.78% score I had from September 11 this year.

I also got an accuracy increase on Calamity Fortune but the misses were a good deal higher.

Speed Over Beethoven SX 14 - 96.79%

Senorita Speedy Mix SX 14 - 93.65%

There You'll Be SX 13 - 98.03%

November 21
Session was pretty good, I played some songs from DDR again to prepare for the Saturday Maine R1 visit to accomplish my DDR goals for this month.

November 24
So much happened in this session that it has its own post. In short, accomplished the goals I listed for this month on DDR A.

November 28
Legs weren't really feeling warmed up today, but still managed to do a lot of songs around 160 BPM.

November 30
Last session of November. Done at the Taunton Round 1 location, you can find the score post here. It ended with a bag 0.25x speed modifier pass, the first one I've gotten on a DDR A machine.

December 2018

December 6
This was my last home session before leaving to California. It was pretty good and made me look forward to playing DDR A for any Round 1 trips we would make!

December 13
A solid DDR A session at Puente Hills Round 1 with Seth. More information can be seen in this post.

December 22
Still in California, this was the first day I used Skinners for a full DDR A session. The results were nice! See the scores in this post.

This is the last session I'm listing for 2018. There was some PIU play in between December 13 and 22 but I didn't list them here. I think my most notable accomplishments were that while not being a pump player, I was able to get my first S on a singles 15 (Final Audition) and a stage pass on a singles 16 (Flying Duck).

Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 07-7-2019 at 01:19 PM..
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote