Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Films and Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-4-2007, 11:47 PM   #41
cC@Zz
FFR Player

Default Re: Spider-Man 3

Well I liked Spiderman 3 more than Spiderman 1, but Spiderman 2 is still my favorite. I think they could have left Sandman out and the Dancing thing. Other than that I really liked the movie.
Old 05-5-2007, 12:04 AM   #42
Schrammbledeggs
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

The movie was terrible...the beginning was good...the fighting was par with a few "that was cool" moments...the rest sucked

Movie Reviewer at ddrgeek.com
Schrammbledeggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-5-2007, 10:52 AM   #43
xharumoni
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to xharumoni

It was freakin` awesome! Tobey was hawt! x3
xharumoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-5-2007, 11:02 AM   #44
Verruckter
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Verruckter Send a message via MSN to Verruckter

Who cares? Tobey sucks at acting. His voice is annoying.
Old 05-5-2007, 11:15 AM   #45
ohsosilly
Gets all the birds
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to ohsosilly

I really liked the opening credits, how they sort of summarize everything for you. Even though I've seen the first two 6 thousand times.. neat effect. Essentially, I loved everything but the ending. It was like, "THAT'S the end? That's the ending to the hardcore awesome crazy good spiderman trilogy? WHAT?!"
ohsosilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-5-2007, 02:12 PM   #46
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

I loved it
Old 05-5-2007, 02:33 PM   #47
Kinspin
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Kinspin

The movie was good, its worth going to see.
The only problems I had with it was they should of focused a bit more on Sandman's and Eddie Brock's story.
Old 05-5-2007, 06:12 PM   #48
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MalReynolds

The movie really felt more like a Peter Parker, Mary Jane spin-off film than a Spiderman film.

It should have been called, "The Web of Love," and they should have kept Venom and Sandman out of it. It would have been shorter, all the bull**** therein would have made more sense.

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Maledictions: The Offering.

Now in Paperback!
MalReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-5-2007, 06:52 PM   #49
bluguerrilla
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bluguerrilla

It sucked so hard. Especially the flag scene, wanted to puke. And Venom can't be evil and Foreman at the same time, no way. How about that plot accelorator with Sandman and Venom? Lame.

Also, how come evil spidey is emo spidey, wtf? "I'm evil so I must put my hair in my face and do pelvic thrusts at strangers."

At least it's easy to make fun of. I miss the cartoon series...

Edit: Also, I rofled at the quantum mechanics, that interaction hamiltonian totally wouldn't affect the ground state.

Last edited by bluguerrilla; 05-5-2007 at 06:59 PM.. Reason: QM
bluguerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-5-2007, 07:29 PM   #50
shrimpy
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds View Post
The movie really felt more like a Peter Parker, Mary Jane spin-off film than a Spiderman film.

It should have been called, "The Web of Love," and they should have kept Venom and Sandman out of it. It would have been shorter, all the bull**** therein would have made more sense.
Agreed.
The movie is just another Spiderman movie, what's so special about it?
shrimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-5-2007, 07:55 PM   #51
midnghtraver
Icarus Moth
FFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

I give this movie an -A
midnghtraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-5-2007, 08:14 PM   #52
Manmademusic
A.K.A. Stargame
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to Manmademusic

I saw it just last night.... It's the best of the three, it's got 3 bad guys in it!
Old 05-5-2007, 08:59 PM   #53
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds View Post
That's the point of super hero films. Every single successful one ever focuses on the human character rather than the super human alter ego. I guess Superman could be a bit of an exception, but Superman is an exception anyway (see Kill Bill vol 2).

By the way, I got back from seeing it again with my family a bit ago. There's so much foreshadowing I missed the first time.
Quote:
Especially the flag scene, wanted to puke.
Are you joking? Take a look at Spider-man's standard costume. Notice what colors are used. The American flag is a fairly obvious parallel.

Quote:
Also, how come evil spidey is emo spidey, wtf? "I'm evil so I must put my hair in my face and do pelvic thrusts at strangers."
Having his hair in his face does not equal emo. In fact, he was less emotional if you think about it. The things he did... a person with strong emotions would have cut it out much earlier. As for his dancing: it was extremely out of character for him. It was used to show that he was going for a little bit more of a ladies man thing, but in the end he's still a nerdy kid from Queens.

Quote:
At least it's easy to make fun of. I miss the cartoon series...
The cartoon series is even more cheesy. Seriously go back and watch it... try the symbiote episodes for a fairly good parallel. At least the films use more legitimate humor in the form of interactions with JJJ and any time Bruce Campbell or Ted Raimi are on screen.

Spoiler warning:
I'm a bit disappointed that they killed the symbiote and Venom here. It closes the door in terms of Venom being an anti hero and it makes it very hard to justify having Carnage appear in any future film. Dr. Connors has a sample of it, so it could still be done, and actually it might make a little more sense. I always wondered why Carnage wasn't anything like Spider-man when Venom was basically a super bulky, stronger (and evil) version of Spider-man, and if the bit of symbiote left never bonded with Peter, it'd make a bit of sense when it doesn't have any Spider-man-like characteristics when it bonds with Kasady. Really, I don't know if they'd do it though... in order to do it right, a Carnage movie would probably have to be rated R rofl.

Oh and that thing with Venom and Sandman working together kinda bothered me too. Like... why would Venom hold down Spider-man while Sandman clobbered him? Venom would just beat the **** out of him himself.

ps did anyone else notice that Venom's chest spider is almost the same color as the rest of the suit, but the slurpee cups at 7 eleven show a much more visible spider on his chest. AAAAAAND am I the only who is bothered by the fact that Venom gets the right spider leg configuration for his chest spider, but Spider-man does not? If the symbiote can change the legs slightly why not? If the symbiote can regenerate the costume while Peter rips it off, why not? IF THE SYMBIOTE CAN MAKE A FULL ON COSTUME THAT COPIES THE SPIDER-MAN COSTUME, WHY COULDN'T IT CHANGE THE SHAPE OF THE LEGS ON PETER'S COSTUME? The only thing I can figure is that they're trying to say that the legs changing is part of the symbiote making the Spider-man outfit more grotesque, or maybe they're saying that it was Brock who willed it into that shape to be different (since the symbiote does not seem to be sentient in the film). Speaking of which, I was really hoping for a "We are VENOM" line, but best they could throw out was "my spidey senses are TINGLINGGG". Does Venom even ever make mention of having the precog ability that Peter does? It's kinda hard to say anything about the movie when the spider sense in the films is just like bullet time from the Matrix.
Old 05-5-2007, 09:05 PM   #54
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MalReynolds

I felt that the first 2 Spiderman movies balances his personal life much, much better than this movie. Compared to the first two, I thought it was trash, but that's just because I

a: Had really high expectations to begin with

2: Thought the previews did an excellent job

but in the end, it felt too much like a different movie. There wasn't enough Spider-manning around to justify all the personal drama.

For me, at least. I'm still going to buy it on DVD, being a hugely avid fan of the franchise, but I won't dish out extra bucks on the numerous special editions that will no doubt speckle the shelves.

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Maledictions: The Offering.

Now in Paperback!
MalReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-5-2007, 09:26 PM   #55
DaRkLoTuS666
Nobody knows who I am
FFR Veteran

i just saw it today with my girlfriend and we both liked it a lot.. if you're into spider man or just looking for a really good movie to see then spider man 3 is a must see.. but wait like a week because we were waiting inline to get in the movie for like a half an hour just to get good seats
DaRkLoTuS666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-5-2007, 09:41 PM   #56
DarkVampiress21
FFR Player

I had early screening tickets for it.. I was too lazy to go, rofl.
Old 05-5-2007, 09:50 PM   #57
bluguerrilla
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bluguerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Having his hair in his face does not equal emo.
He had a totally emo haircut, irregardless of whether or not he was emotionless. I don't even care, I was just pissed that the movie sucked so much because oh did it suck. At least it was better than Ghost Rider.
Old 05-5-2007, 10:34 PM   #58
craZ_kylo
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to craZ_kylo

ha, me and my Gf are going to see it just cuz we wanna see marry jane get hit by a car... we know it wont happen but mabey if we get a recalled verion of the film....
Old 05-5-2007, 10:43 PM   #59
L_eMo_N
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to L_eMo_N

I had really really high expectations for this movie as well to begin with, but then reading this, most of the bull**** in this thread, i thought a little less of it...

but yaya, it blew me away, i think it was amazazing, but not as good as the other 2 spidey movies, but i thought it seemed rushed trying to fit in sandman and venom... iono =/

RaWR i loved it!
L_eMo_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-5-2007, 10:43 PM   #60
fido123
FFR Player

Fairly poor plot but very nice computer graphics. I yelled out "lol emo spidy" when he got his black suit but when he changed his hair, put on mascara, and started banging his landlords wife I was laughing so hard.
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote