Old 05-24-2011, 01:40 AM   #1
Sakish
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Sakish Send a message via MSN to Sakish Send a message via Skype™ to Sakish
Default Epic battle incoming

So i've been whoring (literally whoring) FFX (Final Fantasy X for those who dont know) these past days, and i recently got down to actually killing all the dark aeons. Most of you from US might not know what these are but i'll explain a lil bit soon.

My party: Tidus, Wakka, Rikku, Yuna

Before fighting penance:

So basically the funny story is that i have TWO characters with ribbon, Tidus and Yuna. Yuna doesnt have a single stat over 150 (LOL) so she's not really helpful other than taking hits. Rikku and wakka has max stats except magic and luck, luck is around 60 on rikku and 150 on wakka. This indicates that i have to GRIND for more luck on rikku and tidus (tidus has around 105) As for hp, i dont even have bhl (break hp limit) on more than tidus and yuna (again LOL) not that it is that needed but i'd love to see at least 40k+ on everyone before fighting penance.

Now to explaining briefly about dark aeons:

These only exist in the PAL/international release. They are hard bosses that appear in the place that you get them in (valefor = besaid and so on)

For example, the hardest boss you guys can fight in the us version is Nemesis which you unlock for capturing 10 of each monster and beating all the bosses in monster arena. While we can fight a boss called penance, which holds a gruesome ~45minute battle of pumeling and doing absolutely correct turns.

You unlock penance by defeating all the dark aeons, Valefor, Ifrit, Ixion, Shiva, Bahamut, Anima, Yojimbo and the three Magus sisters.

This is ridiculous.. Dark anima has over 8mil hp and can easily do 99k if you arent on max stats, also her normal attack inflicts you with petrify so you break if you dont have ribbon or stoneproof.

So to set this straight, Yes Penance "only" has 12 mils of HP, however it has two arms that regenerate every 10 turns or so, and they have 500k hp each.

To the main thing:

I will be streaming my fight with Penance next saturday, i'll set a time when i know ppl will be coming in to see me pwn this guy. So make sure to check in here on saturday 8)

Last edited by Sakish; 05-24-2011 at 01:58 AM..
Sakish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:43 AM   #2
virus003
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to virus003
Default Re: Epic battle incoming

cool story bro

tell it again

oh yeah and i remember yuna she was hot as hell.

basically i have no idea what you're talking about here, all the aeon crap sounds so familiar because i didn't finish X but I finished X-2, i got to like level 80 in that game, then i realized it was pretty boring.

i'm getting ff13 tomorrow because it's only 20 bucks and it's the most recent one, pretty excited for it, but i don't know anything about the new battle system, requires some getting used to

so yeah we're all ff fans here

Quote:
Originally Posted by XUioX View Post
too hard and too long.. the rest of it was easy though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundb0x View Post
i still have photos of my dad dickfeeding me when i was like 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by who_cares973 View Post
stop back seat modding its annoying

Last edited by virus003; 05-24-2011 at 01:47 AM..
virus003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:00 AM   #3
Yuyuko-sama
Banned

That Penance guy is news to me since I never got to play the PAL version of FFX, but I know the existence of Dark Aeons since you have to fight them on X-2 as well (even though they are piss easy). Definitely want to see that fight.
Yuyuko-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:56 AM   #4
G.S.M
He is watching
FFR Veteran

I hate Tidus. What a big baby. Wahhhhh wahhhhhhhh!

Good game though! Haven't played it in a while
Old 05-24-2011, 01:15 PM   #5
Lucmarceau
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Lucmarceau Send a message via MSN to Lucmarceau

Too much hype for something everyone can just go watch on youtube.
Lucmarceau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 03:16 AM   #6
Sakish
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Sakish Send a message via MSN to Sakish Send a message via Skype™ to Sakish

Oh well, im doing this tonight. However planning on doing it at least in the middle of the night so its not like 6am for you guys lawl.

I'm soon done with all the stat grinding, i decided to go with auto-protect/auto-haste/auto-potion/def+20% instead of the build with break hp limit. Way to tiresome to grind for hp, grinding for luck aint that hard tbh and is easier than hp by far.

I've also studied penance's turns for quite some time so i have at least a hum of whats going to happen if i do x wrong etc etc