Old 11-9-2018, 09:40 PM   #61
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: An Open Letter Re: Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
I guess if I really had to hammer down a point, it would be that I hope there's open-ness to hearing feedback of mod decisions/rules/etc, and this is kind of an attempt at that... admittedly in a way it doesn't feel much like my feedback is being considered? I didn't really word it eloquently which may be part of it, but uh... I hope the point of establishing better co-operation between mods and non-mods is heard and considered.

I still stand by not wanting posts deleted but I guess the other point would need a place before my stance is heard too much.
FFR isn't a democracy

but maybe it ought to take some hints from it
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2018, 09:41 PM   #62
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Asking people who got banned for their actions whether or not those actions should be bannable seems like it will get some great objective results.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2018, 09:43 PM   #63
Celirra
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Celirra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
i dm'd raeko a while back, so yeah it was

publicly (at least in tgb) we're not even allowed to. one of the rules

see the issue??
I guess post about what's bad here, that is kind of the point of an open letter to mods (and I hope they'd respect not punishing for it or anything)
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Celirra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2018, 09:45 PM   #64
Celirra
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
Asking people who got banned for their actions whether or not those actions should be bannable seems like it will get some great objective results.
I'm giving feedback and I've never been banned...?

Quote:
I don't want this to be a mods vs non-mods thing, I hope I've made that clear. Some of the best friends I've ever had are on the mod team, and that's extended to the rest of ffr as a whole too which is why I'd rather sort through issues before people get exiled. I say this as someone who's never had disciplinary action from a mod in anywhere really, except when I spammed my sig in the stepmania discord a few years ago.

I know this is a forum about dance games, but can we stop dancing around points when convenient
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Old 11-9-2018, 09:45 PM   #65
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
Like seriously. My original posts on this, was a complete hyperbolic parody of the rules, mocking them into oblivion and commenting on them, and intentionally using words and phrases to make my point. But instead of doing things such as adding words to the filter, or really even trying to discuss it (yeah surprise that was an option) I just got deleted. I wanted to talk about it, I would argue rather I may have chose the wrong method.

But, that's not really productive. It's not the correct course of action, because if I had actually broken the rules, I'm well past the point where I deserve any warnings. I know I broke no actual rules with those posts.
I am a moderator of one subforum on the entire site. In what universe would I have the power to add global forum word filters....? Like use your common sense for a second.

I told you you could repost the exact thread word for word, with only the slurs being removed. You chose not to do that and instead chose to post ANOTHER rule breaking thread. Which I was forced to delete, because it broke the rules!

Slurs are not allowed in TGB. That's the actual rule you broke with those posts. The same rule I quoted when I warned you about it both times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
mellonxcollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2018, 09:49 PM   #66
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
I guess post about what's bad here, that is kind of the point of an open letter to mods (and I hope they'd respect not punishing for it or anything)
This. Please go ahead and post rules (or parts of) word for word that you wish to debate. Nobody will accept someone getting a warning for that (at least in non-tgb context I would be pretty certain)
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2018, 09:53 PM   #67
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

Quote:
still havent fixed my laptop so im not about to type up anything huge but if thats something that the mods would be okay with then id appreciate that. its important to allow public criticism
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Funnygurl555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2018, 09:56 PM   #68
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Quote:
publicly (at least in tgb) we're not even allowed to. one of the rules
Quote:
still havent fixed my laptop so im not about to type up anything huge but if thats something that the mods would be okay with then id appreciate that. its important to allow public criticism
That first statement is just false. The rule you're pointing to says

"6. Do not harass moderators over their moderation decisions"

It doesn't say "You aren't allowed to raise issues with the rules" or "You aren't allowed to talk about the rules" it says "When a mod does something, don't harass them in public about it."

Nor do the rules state any risk of banning arbitrarily or without warning. In fact, they explicitly state "If you are found to be in violation of these rules, you will be given a verbal warning privately. After your second verbal warning, a repeat offense will result in removal from TGB."

Now, if you just go ahead and commit flat-out site-bannable rules while breaking the TGB rules, mods outside Raeko's control or purview may apply site penalties, but the TGB rules include warnings, and only oppose public harassment over particular decisions, not general discussion of the rules. The problem is the people who go from "I don't like these rules" to "Lets post a thread calling the mods morons who should be stripped of rank because nobody should be so stupid as to think these are good rules, you idiot" which is not quite the same thing.

Last edited by devonin; 11-9-2018 at 09:59 PM..
Old 11-9-2018, 09:56 PM   #69
Celirra
FFR Player

Quote:
To be honest it might be better to post about tgb rules in tgb just because it's kind of an isolated community, maybe make a separate thread there about it
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Old 11-9-2018, 10:01 PM   #70
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

Quote:
That first statement is just false. The rule you're pointing to says

"6. Do not harass moderators over their moderation decisions"

It doesn't say "You aren't allowed to raise issues with the rules" or "You aren't allowed to talk about the rules" it says "When a mod does something, don't harass them in public about it."
but what even is your definition of harass??? its not rigidly defined, which means raeko theoretically has the power to ban someone for saying something negative about the rules

that might have been why i decided to pm. i definitely thought making a thread there was unsafe

devonin you're typing to fast for me lol

a private warning does nothing when you regularly tread on a line you can't see. which is probably why people are salty about their bans from tgb
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
GET DUNKED FUNNY

Last edited by Funnygurl555; 11-9-2018 at 10:03 PM..
Old 11-9-2018, 10:01 PM   #71
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
I know that's not what you actually took from that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
I am a moderator of one subforum on the entire site. In what universe would I have the power to add global forum word filters....? Like use your common sense for a second.

I told you you could repost the exact thread word for word, with only the slurs being removed. You chose not to do that and instead chose to post ANOTHER rule breaking thread. Which I was forced to delete, because it broke the rules!

Slurs are not allowed in TGB. That's the actual rule you broke with those posts. The same rule I quoted when I warned you about it both times.
YOU CAN BY ASKING AN ADMIN. THAT IS SOMETHING YOU CAN DO. IT'S WHAT I DID.

IT'S. NOT. DIFFICULT.

EQUALLY, YOU COULD HAVE SIMPLY EDITED MY POST. I KNOW WHAT POWERS YOU HAVE.

Let me say this very cleanly.

I think your rule is completely stupid. You are telling me that in the precise context of that post, I am "inciting violence against women" which is not at all the correct context of that post even remotely.

You are one of the types of people who disregards context in pursuit of their own ideals. People like you scare people like me into ever attempting to talk to people because all that's going to happen is my ass is going to get charged just like count dankula from youtube.

THAT is the environment you're making with your shitty, horribly written, completely unneeded rules.

Get off the fucking internet until you actually possess the ability to think for yourself.

People like you, who think like you, fuck up everything. You make this a worse place than I ever did, and I've done and said some evil fucking shit, and not even felt slightly bad about it.

I don't give a fuck that it's you in particular, I give a fuck that you're making the world a shittier place to inhabit, especially a place I give a fuck about.
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2018, 10:02 PM   #72
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=117019

cry more

Quote:
Old 11-9-2018, 10:03 PM   #73
Elena-
FFR Player

haha, big text

Elena- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2018, 10:06 PM   #74
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

im assisting with derailing a thread and im unable to actually flesh out my thoughts, so I'll go back to lurking
Quote:
GET DUNKED FUNNY

Old 11-9-2018, 10:10 PM   #75
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Quote:
You are one of the types of people who disregards context in pursuit of their own ideals. People like you scare people like me into ever attempting to talk to people because all that's going to happen is my ass is going to get charged just like count dankula from youtube.
Oddly I can express the entire range of human emotion about things that happen, including anger, rage, frustration, etc and I can manage to do it without using any slurs. I don't need to use slurs but hide behind 'but the context' I don't need to use slurs and then argue against people who were upset/offended/hurt by those slurs that their feeling that way is their fault for giving the slur power.

You can just...-not use them- really and honestly you can.

I used to use them. You can probably find old posts on this forum where I used them. Then I learned better, and I stopped.

Last edited by devonin; 11-9-2018 at 10:11 PM..
Old 11-9-2018, 10:11 PM   #76
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

@XelNya clearly you're not helping resolving any issue here at all. I don't know if you're finding your posts funny right now with the use of big text like Elena- pointed out but pretty sure it's unnecessary. You're showing a lot of animosity and emotions for a subforum literally called "The Garbage Bin". Either you're enjoying the drama you're causing (or being a part of), or you just don't want / can't argue the rules properly.
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2018, 10:12 PM   #77
Gradiant
FFR's Resident Trashpanda
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
might be a bit unnecessary tbh
Gradiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2018, 10:15 PM   #78
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradiant View Post
might be a bit unnecessary tbh
so is all the animosity toward me when TGB hasn't really changed all that much in the grand scheme of things

Quote:
Old 11-9-2018, 10:16 PM   #79
Gradiant
FFR's Resident Trashpanda
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
so is all the animosity toward me when TGB hasn't really changed all that much in the grand scheme of things
I mean sure. But I still don't think a mod should be posting like that. If you have a position of power you should try to be above that.
Gradiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2018, 10:19 PM   #80
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
I didn't argue that people should or shouldn't be banned (I'm not a mod for a reason).
this is hardly disqualifying (and this isn't even meant to be a jab at staff)

because realistically those same conversations just occur behind the scenes every time an actual ban is considered

every mod's got an angle
inDheart is offline   Reply With Quote