Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Films and Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-5-2012, 12:11 AM   #21
psychopete
Quite electrifying.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychopete
Default Re: Toonami (Back? Speculate here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alloyus View Post
Thanks for the update (I don't use Twitter either)
Not a problem; for people who don't use Twitter, I'll try to keep updates going as soon as I see them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
(I like your location by the way, Pete)
\o/

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenAngel91 View Post
If it actually does come back I will be watching every single show in the block, potentially live if I can.

I can't wait to watch Gundam Wing all the way through for like my fourth time
As much as I'd absolutely love for them to bring back their original programming, some things might be difficult to get a hold of (in particular Dragonball Z, due to Nickelodeon possessing the rights to broadcast Dragonball Z Kai). However, if they do get back original programming and if they replace the anime block on Adult Swim (like some speculators feel like it would), they'd be able to air some of their classics unedited (then again, I believe they showed Outlaw Star unedited back in the day...).

I'd personally like to see some new programming on Toonami if it comes back, as well. I mean, not all kids' anime nowadays is crap like Bleach or Naruto; we've got stuff like Heroman and Hunter x Hunter (reboot) that could very easily be marketed towards the earlier timeslot.
psychopete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-5-2012, 12:32 AM   #22
FrozenAngel91
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to FrozenAngel91
Default Re: Toonami (Back? Speculate here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopete View Post
As much as I'd absolutely love for them to bring back their original programming, some things might be difficult to get a hold of (in particular Dragonball Z, due to Nickelodeon possessing the rights to broadcast Dragonball Z Kai). However, if they do get back original programming and if they replace the anime block on Adult Swim (like some speculators feel like it would), they'd be able to air some of their classics unedited (then again, I believe they showed Outlaw Star unedited back in the day...).

I'd personally like to see some new programming on Toonami if it comes back, as well. I mean, not all kids' anime nowadays is crap like Bleach or Naruto; we've got stuff like Heroman and Hunter x Hunter (reboot) that could very easily be marketed towards the earlier timeslot.
Hmm I wonder how they got the rights to air dragonball z for that one episode again, oh well. And I do agree with you, there's quite a few new animes I would love to see on toonami, but I have to be honest I am extremely excited about rewatching some of the animes I loved in my childhood all over again and if they can get those unedited I will cry tears of joy or something.

Also I thought naruto was a great anime up to the naruto sasuke fight before the fillers started, and bleach up to the end of soul society, but fruits basket is one of my favorite animes of all time so I'm probably just crazy lol.

And thanks for keeping us updated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findarian
get a sand hack and don't chicken scratch it and if someone does something stupid hack burn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannytwobyfore
I wouldn't blame them, playing jump dense Konami files in DDR would make anyone's dick hard, maybe that's why the only thing anyone does anymore is stream.
FrozenAngel91 is offline   Reply With Quote