Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk

Old 02-11-2019, 01:24 PM   #1
iamxerbear
FFR Player

Question why does nobody here make jokes?

nobody makes jokes here. when i'm on reddit, jokes are the only thing there. but on this subforum, everybody is serious about this game. is there a subforum for jokes and stuff?

Last edited by iamxerbear; 02-11-2019 at 01:24 PM..
iamxerbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 01:26 PM   #2
dadcop2
FFR Player

Default Re: why does nobody here make jokes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamxerbear View Post
nobody makes jokes here. when i'm on reddit, jokes are the only thing there. but on this subforum, everybody is serious about this game. is there a subforum for jokes and stuff?
devonin
dadcop2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 01:35 PM   #3
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

T O S
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 01:43 PM   #4
Fallaise
FFR Player

Excuse me but I'm going to have to ask you to refrain from posing questions that may or may not distract the users of Flashflashrevolution from performing consistantly
Fallaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 01:48 PM   #5
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

This thread is a joke so that's a start

jk chitchat can be used for that I suppose, or just the ffr discord. Enjoy
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 02:06 PM   #6
AutotelicBrown
Under the scarlet moon
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamxerbear View Post
It seems like you miss some knowledge about humor, forum culture and social interactions. But don't fret, I'm here to help you make a better post in the future!

Jokes are about timing and context. If you are communicating exclusively through "jokes" then you are likely bastardizing what once were rightful jokes for the sake of feeling as part of a social circle. Additionally the average rhythm gamer is more likely to score higher on the autism spectrum which in turn is characterized by an exquisite sense of humor.

Now you can savor the constant flux of amazing jokes made within the FFR forums and, who knows, maybe you might be able to make a good joke yourself!
AutotelicBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 02:18 PM   #7
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

Reddit isn't a forum, it's a social network to chime in an opinion (or joke), and get out without much context at all other than the information in the title of a post or the 1st post. Civilized discussion on a topic rarely happens when the topic is prodded at in the comments.

Forums encourage discussion, conversation, where you need context of more than just a singular post like 95% of the time, and doesn't really fit the ideal of a fast-pace social network. Every post in a forum has more power to what they say than Reddit, which is glossed over.

my 2 cents.

- Tosh 2014

gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 02:25 PM   #8
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutotelicBrown View Post
It seems like you miss some knowledge about humor, forum culture and social interactions. But don't fret, I'm here to help you make a better post in the future!

Jokes are about timing and context. If you are communicating exclusively through "jokes" then you are likely bastardizing what once were rightful jokes for the sake of feeling as part of a social circle. Additionally the average rhythm gamer is more likely to score higher on the autism spectrum which in turn is characterized by an exquisite sense of humor.

Now you can savor the constant flux of amazing jokes made within the FFR forums and, who knows, maybe you might be able to make a good joke yourself!
This made me laugh. Success
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 02:31 PM   #9
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

The moment you set foot in a rhythm gaming forum, it's like everything has to be perfect.

You cannot just do a joke.

It's like you have to become a master of making jokes and devote your life to it.

People here contains qualified joke evaluators and they make sure to remind anyone who dares to make a thread that the joke most be on sync, that it flows gracefully and that any unconventional approach is unacceptable.

There's some hidden protocol about joke divisions that is subtletly kept secret and people has to discover how it all works by reading and understanding the culture of this place.

If you get a good joke going, you'll be able to tell because the others will feel the natural need to follow up with its continuation to make sure the playfield of the fun within the joke is kept during the existence of the thread.

So, I wish you the best in your quest.
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 04:11 PM   #10
Psychotik
Heckin' Cute
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I'm a joke
I want me a grrrl that will call me at 4 in the morning and ask me what my best is on Ants.
Psychotik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 06:32 PM   #11
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket

if only u were here for the final era of arch

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 06:42 PM   #12
dashoe93
Alphabet Crowd
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Pennis
dashoe93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 06:43 PM   #13
Happeh
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Happeh

the trick is to always have a picture of a drum handy
Old 02-11-2019, 07:03 PM   #14
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

So random xD
Old 02-11-2019, 10:52 PM   #15
samurai7694
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
The moment you set foot in a rhythm gaming forum, it's like everything has to be perfect.
I love this so much you have no idea
samurai7694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:22 PM   #16
kawaiifu
Ostensibly retired
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai7694 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
inb4 haku made a joke because i can never tell with you and i take the post mostly seriously. This place was my first rhythm game forum (i guess 2nd if you count lurking the Frets on Fire wikidot in the early 00's) and that quote holds true to the moment i first set foot in a rhythm game forum, or at least i believed it did. from when i was young, i remember questioning myself on almost everything i posted. like some kind of anxiety-driven demagoguery machine (demagoguery is actually a word trust me i just googled, fuck yeah earth), I'd throw away every natural instinct or better natured expression I was capable of because I was afraid of the permanency of my actions, I wanted my posts to be liked, to stay liked, to be undisputed. basically just wanted to feel like i'd found actual people who could do what i couldn't and actually respected what i had to offer. I wanted to fit in and i wanted to get good, I wanted to prove to others I could improve at this game almost as much as I wasn't aware that I was the only person who doubted I could.

Worlds like this can often glamorize perfection and other ideals, but after some time coming to terms with humanity i've realised no single body gives nearly as many fucks about what you do as much as you do, they're more genuinely likely to be interested in whose doing it rather than what is being done. people care about people, they rarely truly give a fuck about differences, those differences just give us something to talk about.

If we get caught up on sets people apart, we'll forget why we're all here in the first place, the mutual interest

the arrows are a pastime, the arrowsmashers are a reminder we're not all as lost as we think. forget perfection, its your flaws i love most ffr
kawaiifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:24 PM   #17
dashoe93
Alphabet Crowd
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

K I'm going home bye
dashoe93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:24 PM   #18
dadcop2
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutotelicBrown View Post

exquisite sense of humor that consists of roblox and sonic memes
dadcop2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:35 PM   #19
AutotelicBrown
Under the scarlet moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai7694 View Post
Marvelous, isn't it? Unless you are playing Guitar Hero or similar games that is, those guys are only good at squeezing underhanded jokes that tap into questionable territory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadcop2 View Post
exquisite sense of humor that consists of roblox and sonic memes
That too, but sometimes ironically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiifu View Post
It's natural to be wary when learning the customs of a new community, so it's important to be prepared! Just post often enough to ensure it would be overwhelming to scrutinize your post history for the occasional blunders. Alternatively make your posts long enough so that the average user won't read.

Last edited by AutotelicBrown; 02-11-2019 at 11:48 PM..
AutotelicBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 12:31 AM   #20
blanky
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiifu View Post
inb4 haku made a joke because i can never tell with you and i take the post mostly seriously. This place was my first rhythm game forum (i guess 2nd if you count lurking the Frets on Fire wikidot in the early 00's) and that quote holds true to the moment i first set foot in a rhythm game forum, or at least i believed it did. from when i was young, i remember questioning myself on almost everything i posted. like some kind of anxiety-driven demagoguery machine (demagoguery is actually a word trust me i just googled, fuck yeah earth), I'd throw away every natural instinct or better natured expression I was capable of because I was afraid of the permanency of my actions, I wanted my posts to be liked, to stay liked, to be undisputed. basically just wanted to feel like i'd found actual people who could do what i couldn't and actually respected what i had to offer. I wanted to fit in and i wanted to get good, I wanted to prove to others I could improve at this game almost as much as I wasn't aware that I was the only person who doubted I could.

Worlds like this can often glamorize perfection and other ideals, but after some time coming to terms with humanity i've realised no single body gives nearly as many fucks about what you do as much as you do, they're more genuinely likely to be interested in whose doing it rather than what is being done. people care about people, they rarely truly give a fuck about differences, those differences just give us something to talk about.

If we get caught up on sets people apart, we'll forget why we're all here in the first place, the mutual interest

the arrows are a pastime, the arrowsmashers are a reminder we're not all as lost as we think. forget perfection, its your flaws i love most ffr
Can lowkey relate to this-
I don't post online nor talk in chatrooms nor in real life too much and it's because of what you said. I find it incredibly hard to come up with words to say, even if I fully recognize the implicit ideas in the context of the conversation. It isn't quite caused by autism because some of the most prolific posters here are on the spectrum and know how to hash out well-thought posts on the daily.

Some more consequences of caring too much about what others think include: taking too long to come up with a username -- taking too long to come up with an avatar -- not really feeling like you have an identity out of fear that they'll criticize you if you express that identity
blanky is offline   Reply With Quote