Old 05-10-2012, 10:35 AM   #1
Zekramcross
The Break Ends
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Zekramcross
Default What do I do?

Hey guys,

I've have a serious problem to discuss and so I'm expecting serious answers. Let me give you some background first before I dip into the problem itself. I have been picked on at school since the 5th grade, which in my opinion is just ridiculous, and it hasn't stopped since. During that time I threatened to end my life due to how bad it was. I later realized that there's no point to it and that I had to "suck it up".

Well, here I am in high school senior year and I'm STILL getting picked on. I'm just at the point of exploding and just beating the living shit outta someone. I'm usually a cool guy with a high annoyance tolerance, but this has gone off for far too long. The problem that I'm dealing with is that I'm constantly picked on by people in the school, bus, or any other event involving the school. Sure I tried ignoring and the whole "tell an adult" is completely redudant at this point. It has gotten bad to where it has became physical frequently.

What do I do? I have no clue as to how I'm going to solve this.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:40 AM   #2
iironiic
D6 FFR Legacy Player
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: What do I do?

Well did you make any attempt to speak to someone closer about the problem? I would talk to someone who would listen, like your parents, teachers, friends, the principal, etc.

An alternative way is to make fun out of their insults. I've done this back in middle school when I was constantly picked on for being Asian. Someone at one point stretched their eyes at me, but instead of the typical "whatever" response, I started acting like a ninja. They were scared and ran away hahaha. I wouldn't do this too much though because well, it's like degrading yourself in a sense.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by iironiic; 05-10-2012 at 10:42 AM..
Old 05-10-2012, 10:58 AM   #3
Xayphon
sausage
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

People who mock on you usually expect rage from you as a result of their doings in order to feel satisfacted, accomplished, cool in front of their buds etc etc. Talking to an adult person is not really working anymore, except they make sure these people will get into ****ing re-educational camps

- Best thing to do is not to rage, go mad or ignore them, because that's what they expect the most and it's like feeding the trolls if you know what I mean

- Do something unexpected, e.g. any reaction that makes them feel weird instead of accomplished

- Mock them back at an instant if possible (not with an insult, but maybe with some logical conclusion or any other thing that makes you look rather intelligent than a qq-person)

- Always stay calm and try to make some I-don't-give-a-****-about-you-gaise expression

- Sarcastic hey-I-find-that-funny joke

- Go into a Karate or Self-Defense club /secretly/

- Anything else that is mentioned here

- If your anger is really getting that uncontrollable, feel free to go all out on them, but make sure you're aware of possible consequences

Sometimes those who pick on you are losers themselves or stupid as shit and need the attention by their friends in order to hide their true problems in rl, like an unsecure future, family problems, bad grades and so on (I don't know the people who annoy you, so that might not be true, but I expect people at your age to be intelligent enough to know that picking up on someone innocent without a reason is more than a dickmove) so keep that in mind as well for some more self-esteem to speak up against them

Last edited by Xayphon; 05-10-2012 at 11:17 AM..
Old 05-10-2012, 11:20 AM   #4
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

People stopped picking on me when I got physically violent the middle of class. But I'm a girl and the people picking on me weren't the 'let's make a gang to beat her up' type people, so I didn't have to worry about getting the snot kicked out of me. It was also grade 8. I don't really recommend it.

So, umm, by highschool senior, are you almost done or have 1 more year after this? Because if you're almost done just focus on the fact that once you're not with the same group of people who've probably picked on you your whole life, things will get better.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:28 AM   #5
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Considering you are a high school senior, I assume that means you're graduating soon. With that in mind, know that things will likely get much better when you head off to college. You'll get to start off with a clean slate, most of the people there won't know of your past experiences back in high school. Just know that first impressions still mean a lot, so keep your head up high and keep confident.

Also, try to keep in touch with any close friends you have, even if it means by phone/internet if you are too far away from any of them once you move. The good thing about moving to a new place is that you get to keep all the good relationships you've had with people via the technology we have today (phone/internet) and you won't have to deal with any bad relationships you've had from before.

That being said, once you do move, try your best to get to know people, creating a network of people you can trust and depend on is very crucial. And when I saw get to know people, I mean more than just other students. Of course, you'll want to make some new friends as well (see if any of your friends has a friend that'll be going to the same school as you. The easiest way to make friends is by becoming friends with your friends' friends.)

Also get to know some of your professors. If you come across a professor that you enjoy (i.e. no-monotone, enthusiastic in a non-creepy way, makes the class internesting, etc) go visit them during their office hours and ask questions or discuss some things about the subject; some professors, if they are a good one, will be happy that you are interested in the subject they teach (and they'll be happy that they motivated you) and creating good relationships with professors like that will be more than useful after you finish the class, they can give you handy information (I've gotten information about a paid summer internship in the math department at my local university from my calc professor), they can be a valuable resource (I've asked my high school chem teacher for help for a chem class over facebook, lawl), and they can write you a good recommendation letter.

I know that I've done almost nothing to solve the original question, my bad. Just know that things are sure to get better later, and know that later is rather soon.

EDIT: broke up what I said into paragraphs instead of a wall of text

Not happening now! Don't click to join!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
(^)> peck peck says the heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing

Last edited by reuben_tate; 05-10-2012 at 11:59 AM..
Old 05-10-2012, 11:41 AM   #6
Mau5
FFR Player

Things will get much better, especially considering you've made it this far into schooling and you're almost done. If people pick on you, they're looking for a negative response from you. If you play it out cool like you don't even care and they're not worth the time, you win. Because if you don't let them ever win, they know they're a failure at even trying, and after awhile it just ends because they give up.

That's just in my own experiences, it depends on the gravity of what this "picking on" is, I mean don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong with like physical self defense haha.

Just let the worthless human beings that pick on you know that they're not good at anything they do by simply playing it out without caving in. They'll stop haha. Atleast they did for me

Hope this helps! Just so you know once you finish highschool you'll probably never see any of those people again.

Edit: Oh yeah what Iironic said, don't ignore them, they're expecting that, especially if they're being physical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
It's great to see how the internet works, it's mask of anonymity bringing out the worst in people.

Last edited by Mau5; 05-10-2012 at 11:50 AM..
Old 05-10-2012, 12:02 PM   #7
Kibblre
Caelondia Represent
FFR Veteran

I'm going to sound like a jerk for saying this, but just try to ride it out. If you're a senior, you've only got a little bit left. As far as my college experience so far has played out, everybody is much nicer than in high school. I'm the gamer-type kind of guy, and I live in a hall with a couple other gamers, some sports players, band kids, and various other "groups" from high school. Everyone here gets along just fine.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:10 PM   #8
wargasm1
Cowbelling FFR
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to wargasm1

heres my advice to you : **** them up and they'll stop. every punch you throw u might receipe 5 in return, but nobody likes to be punched so they'll stop.

u might also want to consider weightlifting.

Remember people pick on others usually becuase they lack confidence, work on that too.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:15 PM   #9
reptile3141
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Aww, man. Since you're almost done with school, my best advice to you would be to stay strong and tough it out. Like others have said in this thread, college is so much better. Based on my own experience and the experiences of the people I know, all the drama/bullying shit that goes on in high-school is practically non-existent in college.
P.S. I would recommend against getting physical unless it's self-defense, bro.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:23 PM   #10
Hateandhatred
"The Quebec Steparatist."
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wargasm1 View Post
heres my advice to you : **** them up and they'll stop. every punch you throw u might receipe 5 in return, but nobody likes to be punched so they'll stop.

u might also want to consider weightlifting.

Remember people pick on others usually becuase they lack confidence, work on that too.
As ass as this is, it;s pretty much the only thing that works, depending on the level of the picking up.

It didn't work for me because that meant getting screwed by 10 of them and getting ruined by baseball bats, hockey sticks, lighters and other craps I'm no too sure I want remember for very, very painful minutes.

But if they're not the type to gang up on you, show them who's the boss. Violence is never the solution, but only in a perfect world.

And like anyone said, you're graduating. People are more civilized after high school.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:27 PM   #11
DarknessXoXLight
sonder
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to DarknessXoXLight

I've been picked on since the 2nd grade and being the kind of person I am, I just tolerated it until high school. In high school I fought back, not in a rage way or physical way, but I would laugh at everything people would say. It eventually stopped because I would make the people picking on me feel worse than they could make me feel. Make them feel absolutely idiotic for what they say. Make it look like their insults are completely stupid and just don't let them get to you. If you've got nothing, just smile. It's hilarious.

Or if you feel like getting suspended, destroy them~
Old 05-10-2012, 12:43 PM   #12
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I know at my high school, if you get caught even stepping on an ant (exaggerating a bit) in the last quarter before graduation, they won't let you "walk the line" (i.e. participate in the graduation ceremony) If the graduation ceremony means anything to you, then I'd advise against getting physical with others.

Not happening now! Don't click to join!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
(^)> peck peck says the heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing
Old 05-10-2012, 02:20 PM   #13
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
I know at my high school, if you get caught even stepping on an ant (exaggerating a bit) in the last quarter before graduation, they won't let you "walk the line" (i.e. participate in the graduation ceremony) If the graduation ceremony means anything to you, then I'd advise against getting physical with others.
This is true don't fight

I can't give any real advice because I was never.picked on. But uh ride it out its almost over. When school ends light them on fire
Old 05-10-2012, 02:20 PM   #14
Zekramcross
The Break Ends
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Zekramcross

Thanks guys for helping me out here. I'm just getting fed up with all these immature acts. The people who usually pick on me are the ones on the bus, but I constantly tried to ignore, self-defense, mock, or even telling them to stop. Nothing seems to work. It's like it doesn't phase them at all. I'm at that point to where I'll graduate and after I do just beat some asses. I have all this hurt bottled-up and I tried letting it go, but it still remains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
This is why I don't want to fight anyone. I don't want to get suspended or not walk over some stupid shit someone else said or did to me.

Old 05-10-2012, 02:58 PM   #15
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Syhto

I'd try to let it blow over. bullies usually have a lot of issues. picking on them back probably wouldn't help. you have to surprise them with understanding or cleverness, but don't confuse them too much cuz they might hulk rage on you

I actually had a dream last night this huge chick was about to beat me up for something I didn't do, all I did was go shhhh and she was like dont U tell me to SHOOOOSH !! and I was like I'm sry, you don't deserve that. and she was all ik ya dumbass then she left. appeal to a different side of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tao of Dossar
I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:12 PM   #16
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

@OP Incoming WoT

I was a lot like you, I started getting picked on in 5th grade, and up until 10th it was relentless. I never really understood why it died down at the time, but now that I'm older and can reflect on my experiences the whole process is a lot clearer.

First off, my shortish backstory:

When I changed school districts between 4th and 5th grade, I didn't understand the culture at the new school. I was the new kid, I didn't fit into any of the clicks, I was immediately ostracized for being the showoff smart kid (really bad idea >.<). Top that all off with being a noodle armed wimp (couldn't do 3 pushups to save my life) and you've got the makings of class nerd in action (Had some decent sized glasses to help fit the description).

5th grade wasn't so bad because there were no periods, but I was kept out of kickball at recess because nobody wanted me on their team. When i did get on a team people would skip in front of me all the time. The anger i felt at those moments was palpable.

Enter 6th grade. Lockers, Periods, 7 times a day where people had the chance to pick on me for being me. I had books stolen, binders knocked out of my hands between classes. Eventually I just beelined from class to class getting through the hallways before anyone else noticed me.

After 6th grade my dad was sick of seeing me get picked on so he started making me do pushups and stuff. By the end of the summer I could do 5.

7th grade was 6th grade repeated, but some jerk caused me to fly off the handle one day and I got in a lucky punch that broke his nose. (Honestly total luck I'm still scrawny as shit at this point) For a couple weeks after that people left me alone. It was the best time I had in 7th grade.

I'll spare you 8th and 9th grade because it was a lot of the same. I got in one more fight, I kept working out, I started participating in sports (bball, track). But I kept doing weird shit that got me picked on.
-I'd skip up stairs
-I was always racing through the hallways
-I'd ALWAYS botch some cool comeback which would AWLAYS be turned around on me

Eventually in 10th grade I was having a really sour day. I had pretty much perpetually developed the "Your shit doesn't sting me anymore" mask, but that day it just wasn't up. I passed by one of the groups in the corridor that always gave me shit and felt each barb needle me. I don't know what caused it, but one of the guys in the group noticed and told the group to leave me alone.

I found the kid later in the hallway when he was alone and thanked him for getting them to stop. I don't think I said much. Something to the effect of "Hey about earlier, thanks for sticking up for me. I really appreciated it."

I think the kid was shocked for a second or two, but he told me no problem and we went our seperate ways.

From there stuff got better. The two of us hung out, found common interests. He's my best freind now and we're 7 years out of HS.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

So long story short:

----- There's two types of bullies
--------------One makes fun of other people maliciously to laugh as they cause discomfort
--------------The other does it to make the group they're with laugh, normally at the expense of the target.

------Fighting people does work, but ONLY if the person you end up in a fight with is known to be a jerk/prick (the first type of bully). Getting into a fight with a popular person (usually the second type of bully) always hurts you, because it makes you look like the jerk. It also turns public opinion away from you (believe it of not a lot of people probably think you're getting a raw deal, but won't speak up because they're scared it'll make them unpopular.

------Telling a teacher ALWAYS makes the situation worse (unless it's already physical). It might save you the first or second time, but kids get craftier and generally make the second time twice as bad, and the third three times as bad etc....

-----The Ignore/ I don't really care/ this is old now guys Face isn't going to stop them at this point. You're an easy target now, which sucks. Honesly being as you are in 12th grade and it's May just ride it out from here. It's going to be really difficult (close to impossible) for you to change your image in a month.

-----People prey on the lack of confidence that the people they bully tend to have. I always felt akward, I always felt like I didn't fit in, so for the longest while I stopped trying to. That made it easier for them to pick on me, because I didn't have a group of people that I fit in with. Keep trying to find something you're good at and people that share that same hobby. When you find that group, you'll be picked on less because now there's more people like you.

-----If someone does stick up for you make sure you go out of your way to tell them you appreciate it. In person. That day. Don't make it a huge ballon and ribbon thing, just make sure you do it.

-----Finally, THE MOST IMPORTANT THING you can do before you make the transition to college is to take a look at what makes you a target and eliminate those actions/reasons in public.

Stuff that used to get me singled out:
-----I used to wear rolled down knee high socks because they were the shortest socks mom would buy me. Bought my own damn socks.
-----The stupid effing blue lunchbox I used to have! God how I wished for paper bags I could throw out.
-----The weird stair skip I used to do. Brought to my attention by the guy from above.
-----Deodorant OMFG If you're not wearing any start! I never realized that I smelled bad, but other people sure did. Especially after gym.

I hope some of these things help you on your way. Remember you've got a ton of people here who share similar interests. Interact more with the community here if you're having a bad time closing out your HS career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

Last edited by DarkManticoreX2; 05-10-2012 at 03:17 PM..
Old 05-10-2012, 03:14 PM   #17
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syhto View Post
I actually had a dream last night this huge chick was about to beat me up for something I didn't do, all I did was go shhhh and she was like dont U tell me to SHOOOOSH !! and I was like I'm sry, you don't deserve that. and she was all ik ya dumbass then she left.
lmfao

Quote:
Originally Posted by FictionJunction View Post
wow
Old 05-10-2012, 03:55 PM   #18
Hazelle
Let's GO.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Hazelle

Guys, no. Help Shark is viewing this thread, we just need his advice.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:21 PM   #19
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

Deal with it until graduation. I personally wouldn't go to graduation ceremony, if I was being bullied this much.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:34 PM   #20
earlymonarch
FFR Player

I had a similar problem as well. People would pick on me in elementary school because I had really bad adhd and id be uncontrollably hyper. Everyone thought I was different and some teachers even didn't like me because they didn't know how to control me. I was put on meds by the doctor that supposively would make me act better. They made me act like a zombie and eventually I lost my appetite and had to go to the hospital due to dehydration.
I was taken off of them the beginning of 6th grade and the bullying got worse. Guys "in gangs" would even make fun of me and punch me in my back in the hallway, took my shoes and threw them in the boys restroom. Every day at my locker in the hallway girls would cuss at me and nobody would want me to sit by them in the classroom. Before gym in the locker room girls would make fun of me because of the way I looked when we'd change and one of them would push me away from her locker (but I was assigned to that locker and could not change it, the gym teachers didn't care about me even when I told the situation to them. I was constantly counted late because I would hide and change in the bathroom stalls..). In art class when we would get in line to either file into the classroom or file out of it, people would force me to the back of the line.
I finally had the courage to tell my homeroom teacher about everything, (I had constant threats that if I was a tattle tale i'd get beat up), they had the great idea to get one of the bullys in the office in the same room as me and left us alone to apologize to each other! All I got were more threats and everyone thought I was a geek. After that year 7th and 8th grade I went to a private school and everyone accepted me and I made a lot of friends there. In highschool when I came back to the original public school system, there was drama, but the stupid bullying stopped. Mostly everyone matured out of that stage and the really bad bullys had been transferred to alternative schools.

Bullying is completely idiotic. I don't know why they're still doing it to you especially during your senior year of highschool. Just remember the people are completely stupid for wasting their time making fun of you. They're most likely insecure about theirselves and try to make it seem like they're higher up. Stay positive and look forward to graduating, the time will go by much faster than you think. I graduated in 2011, and it's great being away from all the drama and stressful situations. I wish you luck in your future and try to stay in the positive state of mind, and you don't need to take any bullcrap from anybody.

~courtneywins
Closed Thread