Metro 102 -> 101
Inspector Gadget 87 -> 86
Horizon Remix 43 -> 48
Aggressor [hi19hi19] 91 -> 89

(June 10th, 2018):

Sis Puella Magica 50 -> 53
ABCDEath 54 -> 48
Anima 92 -> 93

Last edited by Hakulyte; 06-25-2018 at 02:02 AM..
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 02:40 PM   #2
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Difficulty Changes (Changelog)

When I finally update the TCG, I'm going to have to swap out call me it for an equivalent tier for someone lol

TheSaxRunner05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 02:12 PM   #3
FirstMaple8
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to FirstMaple8 Send a message via AIM to FirstMaple8 Send a message via Yahoo to FirstMaple8 Send a message via Skype™ to FirstMaple8

damn, that change on the impresario!
FirstMaple8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 10:15 AM   #4
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Interesting

_Zenith_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2018, 10:14 AM   #5
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Welp getting 100 is now even less in my range than ever gg
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2018, 01:46 PM   #6
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I improved 2 ranks for doing nothing weee

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2018, 01:48 PM   #7
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179

How did a song go from 37 to 50? Holy hell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now
blindreper1179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2018, 03:23 PM   #8
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindreper1179 View Post
How did a song go from 37 to 50? Holy hell.
Long songs are often underrated when they first release

TheSaxRunner05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-2-2018, 12:11 AM   #9
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

The Impresario has a pretty nasty dunk at the end too...

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 12:09 PM   #10
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

does anyone disagree with my idea that Go 60 Go should be bumped to a 70 at least

edit: also lol at the fact that abcdeath is now equivalent to an old mid-8 when 9 vs 10 was a big debate

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.

Last edited by rayword45; 10-30-2018 at 11:53 AM..
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 04:42 PM   #11
Psychotik
Heckin' Cute
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

It's around my skill level. I score on it consistently like other 67s. The only tough bits is the jump section at around 640~ notes and some of the minijacks. Otherwise it doesn't feel too bad.
I want me a grrrl that will call me at 4 in the morning and ask me what my best is on Ants.

Last edited by Psychotik; 10-28-2018 at 04:45 PM..
Psychotik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 08:15 PM   #12
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

The PA ability required on that file is absolutely insane and the stats on it are much worse than many other 70-71s from around the same era or newer (Crimson Flood, Her Majesty, You Goddamn Fish). I'd be less annoyed with the rating if it was a short file but the amount of time it runs means you need a ridiculous amount of consistency with the constant switch from 64th swing to regular 16ths then back (or worse they're all mixed together), and frame conversions mean you can't just treat it all as swing or stream.

Comboing might be mid-high VC, but if someone actually managed to AAA that file as their first FMO I'd argue that's a HIGHLY deserved Oni unlock.

EDIT: Comparing the PA difficulty to Feldschacht which I always assumed was considered the VERY border, Feld has its PA-fucky parts a lot more spread out and its densest parts are roughly as dense as Go 60 Gos.

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.

Last edited by rayword45; 10-31-2018 at 02:23 PM..
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 10:02 PM   #13
ULTIMEGA
Torn to oblivion!
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I'm kind of feeling Choprite's difficulty level should be bumped up to at least 71 or 72. Reason being:

At around 300 combos there is a 32nd note burst that quickly changes into a 24th note burst. Not exactly difficult to hit, but tricky enough to throw others off.

Some deal somewhere later on in the song. There also is a section with a light blue note (43!2,1,4). This little burst isn't hard to hit either. But I feel like this part should be enough to bump the chart up to at least 71. A 48th note right before a 12th note, followed by 16th to a 4th. Though it's technically a mash roll and I understand this isn't hard to hit, it's not really suitable to be qualified as a level 70 burst. Personally, I feel like this is like a level 76 or 77 given the speed.

There are other bursts around 800 and 960 combos where, as before, 32nd note bursts into 24th note bursts. These sections feel a bit clunky in a way as the finger coordination required is a bit tricky to master at that speed.

Overall, the chart itself isn't exactly hard. It's just those bursts that make it feel like it's a bit harder than where it's been set at. Just my personal opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
@ULTIMEGA, dank meme genie.

HIGHEST AAA:Necropotence [90]
HIGHEST SDG: Magical 8 Bit Tour [100] (7-0-0-4)
HIGHEST FC: Six Acid Strings [101]
HIGHEST SCORE: Magical 8 Bit Tour [100] (7-0-0-4)
ULTIMEGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 02:08 PM   #14
LeKrispyKreme
Banned
FFR Veteran

Elusive Reaches by Ensiferum is a fitting name with a non-fitting difficulty.

Reasons:

A) Not like this is taken into consideration much at all, however It's a 657 notes per minute song with no let up whatsoever.
B)The jump patterns in the song are fast and hard to read. Jumpjacks that are edging on Jumpgluts.
This first two things are only in the first minute of the song mind you.
C) The "Cooldown" isn't really even a cool down it drops from 12 nps to 8 for not very long. Which leads me to my next thing.
D) The streams in the back half are messy and all over the place with jumps thrown in to make the player miss. These are roughly 13 nps.
E) At the peak of the song it's nearing towards 24 nps (probably near the streams cuz those are ungodly).
F) This may not be that important or pressing, but, in the last 34.5 months of this song's release, only 35 have AAA'd it. Whereas all the other songs rated the same difficulty are anywhere form 80-250 AAAs.
G) Going back to the Notes per second thing, it ranges from 12-24 according to the chart with a peak of 745 in a minute.
H) This chart is very clear evidence that hands not only make the song's rating go down, but make it way more difficult as a consequence.
With all these things in mind and in consideration, I think this song should go up to at least a 72. Everything about this chart is a mess, the range of notespeed never really let's up. And finally, there have only been 34 people who've AAA'd the song with an addition 55 who've FC'd the song. These don't really sound like the stats of a song that's just slightly harder than average on the new 120 difficulty scale. It's sounds a bit harder. With it's jumps and streams why not put it in with the 72s or 73s. It fits better there since the 70s seem to mostly focus on Jumpstreams anyways.
These are my thoughts on the chart. Hope it can be taken into serious consideration.

Thx,

LeKrispyKreme.
LeKrispyKreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 05:26 PM   #15
boomerangbro10
FFR Player
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

this probably isnt the right place for this but
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeKrispyKreme View Post
Elusive Reaches by Ensiferum is a fitting name with a non-fitting difficulty.

Reasons:

A) Not like this is taken into consideration much at all, however It's a 657 notes per minute song with no let up whatsoever.
B)The jump patterns in the song are fast and hard to read. Jumpjacks that are edging on Jumpgluts.
This first two things are only in the first minute of the song mind you.
C) The "Cooldown" isn't really even a cool down it drops from 12 nps to 8 for not very long. Which leads me to my next thing.
D) The streams in the back half are messy and all over the place with jumps thrown in to make the player miss. These are roughly 13 nps.
E) At the peak of the song it's nearing towards 24 nps (probably near the streams cuz those are ungodly).
F) This may not be that important or pressing, but, in the last 34.5 months of this song's release, only 35 have AAA'd it. Whereas all the other songs rated the same difficulty are anywhere form 80-250 AAAs.
G) Going back to the Notes per second thing, it ranges from 12-24 according to the chart with a peak of 745 in a minute.
H) This chart is very clear evidence that hands not only make the song's rating go down, but make it way more difficult as a consequence.
With all these things in mind and in consideration, I think this song should go up to at least a 72. Everything about this chart is a mess, the range of notespeed never really let's up. And finally, there have only been 34 people who've AAA'd the song with an addition 55 who've FC'd the song. These don't really sound like the stats of a song that's just slightly harder than average on the new 120 difficulty scale. It's sounds a bit harder. With it's jumps and streams why not put it in with the 72s or 73s. It fits better there since the 70s seem to mostly focus on Jumpstreams anyways.
These are my thoughts on the chart. Hope it can be taken into serious consideration.

Thx,

LeKrispyKreme.
just some notes:
tl;dr this is pretty on par for a high 60.

first, the song is 200 bpm
a good portion of this song is 8th note jumps with a few 16ths sprinkled in. the hardest parts seem to be the denser part near the start (starting at combo 270) and the mixed stream near the end (combo 1550-ish to 1700-ish?). both of these feel within a reasonable margin of 67 given their length, although this were rated slightly higher (68-69) i'd understand.

specific points:

A) for convenience 2226/203 = 10.97 nps. its slightly higher than other songs in its range, but its consistently ~11-12 nps, with few spikes above 14 lasting more than a few seconds looking at the nps graph (just the ones at the end). neurotoxin is another 67 with a similar nps graph, although with a few more breaks.
B) 200 bpm 8th jumps isnt that bad, and is most certainly not what gives this song its difficulty. ievan polkka (65) has the equivalent of 240 bpm 8th jumps at its peak. spider dance (66) has the equivalent of 230 bpm 8th jumps through at least the first section.
C) the solo has several short breaks of just 8th notes, and before the solo there is a decent time window where nothing happens except 2 hands. theres also a section near the middle that is very calm relative to the rest (might be the 8 nps section you mention)
D) the mixed stream is difficult, that's true. it doesnt bring the difficulty into the 70s though. also i dont see any jumps in that stream aside from the last note of one?
E) 24 nps in 1/3 of a second is very common in this range. piano x forte (67), neurotoxin (67), and even maelstrom (62) all hit this. pimp slap (67) hits 30.
F) i agree that thats a low number, but consider that only 555 different people have played it. that means 6.13% of people that have played the song have aaa'd it. 6.27% of people that have played neurotoxin have aaa'd it. only 1.68% of people that have played piano x forte have aaa'd it.
G) again, its higher than other songs in it's range, but its more consistent. also the nps actually ranges from 3 to 18 according to the chart.
H) honest question: what does this mean

67 is well within the range of reason for this chart. the only reason i'd see it go higher is because of it's length, and even then its only by 1 or 2. a consistent 11-12 nps is no problem for a 67, especially with the simple patterns outside of the two hard sections i mentioned earlier. saying this song is a 67 does not mean that it is slightly harder than average. the 120 point scale, as far as i can tell, is pretty arbitrary and is not linear. this chart has only one section with jumpstreams, and it's near the beginning. also the 70s are not just jumpstreams, although more are there than in earlier sections. take for example false white (67), spider dance (66), southern cross (69), etc..

anyways that's my opinion, if im wrong tell me
Best AAA - Goatstep 0-0-0-0 (71)

5th place

Last edited by boomerangbro10; 08-27-2019 at 06:55 PM.. Reason: mid-high 60 -> high 60
boomerangbro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 06:00 PM   #16
Psychotik
Heckin' Cute
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

While I do agree it's not a 67, I think 72/73 may be stretching it. It's a 70 at most. I would like to see it bumped up a bit tho. I've always felt it was the hardest "67".
I want me a grrrl that will call me at 4 in the morning and ask me what my best is on Ants.
Psychotik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-4-2020, 11:45 AM   #17
M0nkeyz
Simfile Judge
Simfile JudgeDifficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I have suggested a slight bump to elusive reaches many times. I think we came to the conclusion that it's a 69-70.
M0nkeyz is offline   Reply With Quote