Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-4-2012, 09:36 PM   #1
~kitty~
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Sega, Capcom, Namco Mystery Project

There's a project Sega, Capcom and Namco are working together with for the 3DS. http://pxz.channel.or.jp/ Official teaser site

and speculation from users
http://dsmedia.ign.com/ds/image/arti...1333570858.jpg
It doesn't seem to be on the site anymore, but the site used to have petri dishes with what seems to be the 8-bit art blocks next to the characters. The characters are what they think it means. On the site, the blocks were actually in the form of chromosomes though.

Anyone have any ideas? Most people think it's going to be some kind of fighting game like Marvel vs. Capcom. In about a week, we'll find out.
~kitty~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-4-2012, 11:02 PM   #2
xferrarix
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to xferrarix
Default Re: Sega, Capcom, Namco Mystery Project

This looks like a really cool game if it's going to be a fightingame

I haven't seen a Fighting Viper character from Sega in ages, haha
xferrarix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-4-2012, 11:52 PM   #3
Arntonach
Owlbears Rock!

tekken x virtua fighter x street fighter. Just saying. Still waiting for a new Darkstalkers game.

Also, why is the first sega sprite without a character?

Last edited by Arntonach; 04-4-2012 at 11:55 PM..
Arntonach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-4-2012, 11:58 PM   #4
~kitty~
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
tekken x virtua fighter x street fighter. Just saying. Still waiting for a new Darkstalkers game.

Also, why is the first sega sprite without a character?
It isn't "official." It's purely speculation, which means that the sprite without a character is one they couldn't figure a possibility for. This could be something totally different than we expect it. Chances are it's a fighting game, but there's no reason to completely blow off any other possibilities. Some people think, because of the updated site, that it might even be a horror game.
Old 04-5-2012, 09:56 AM   #5
psychopete
Quite electrifying.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychopete

It could very well be a fighting game, but also remember that Namco x Capcom, a strategy-JRPG.

Still, interest has been piqued.
psychopete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-5-2012, 06:24 PM   #6
~kitty~
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Some people are saying that the game might be a lot less than what we think it is, but I find that hard to believe considering all the effort they went through to advertise the game. What kind of company makes a mystery project game and does a half-assed job on it? Especially a collaboration of three well-known gaming companies. The fact they made it all mysterious could mean that the game could very well not be a fighting game.

There's also the fact that there must be a significance with the number entry at the beginning. 032760 has to mean something. It looks like a date. Maybe March 27th, 1960? Maybe it's backwards? 067230? Is there a significance in the timing in which the numbers were pressed? I noticed that there is some kind of lag in it. It could be simple, or it could be very complex. Either way, it doesn't seem like some kind of small time game with all the effort put into constructing this whole puzzle.

Something else that was noticed was the "Banpresto" logo on the site. I have no idea what banpresto does, but some people think it will be reflective on how the game will be. I find that kind of unfair, to be honest. Gaming companies don't have to always make games just like the ones they did in the past. Maybe this is to show that they're working on something new? Just like n-Space with Heroes of Ruin. It's a ground-up game that is the first of its type from them. Any ideas or counter arguments?

EDIT: I looked up Mar 27, 1960. Solar Eclipse on that date. Possible connection or coincidence?
Old 04-5-2012, 06:37 PM   #7
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Three companies that I mostly enjoy games from form together to make a game?
Whatever the genre may be count me in. Sounds swell.
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-6-2012, 06:38 AM   #8
darklordsarumon9
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to darklordsarumon9 Send a message via Skype™ to darklordsarumon9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
Still waiting for a new Darkstalkers game.
I'll look for it later, but I believe GameInformer had a small article about an "upcoming Darkstalkers project"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cetaka View Post
whats namine like in person
darklordsarumon9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-6-2012, 07:35 AM   #9
Trogdor!!!!
Forever
FFR Veteran

I haven't played a game by Sega in so long. I thought they died out for some reason from seeing a lack of games by them, so it's pretty cool seeing this. It's also obviously going to be a fighting game because that's all Namco is good at (all of their new stuff at least, all of their old games are classics i.e. Pac-Man, Galaga, Dig-Dug etc.). :3
Old 04-6-2012, 02:29 PM   #10
~kitty~
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor!!!! View Post
I haven't played a game by Sega in so long. I thought they died out for some reason from seeing a lack of games by them, so it's pretty cool seeing this. It's also obviously going to be a fighting game because that's all Namco is good at (all of their new stuff at least, all of their old games are classics i.e. Pac-Man, Galaga, Dig-Dug etc.). :3
The thing is that you've got other gaming companies involved as well. Banpresto has some involvement, too. We don't know which companies are working on what in the game. That's why I wouldn't say it's "obviously" a fighting game. It's the most likely option, but there's a definite possibility of it being something different due to the lack of information of the details. That's why we should wait until further information before making such statements.

If we do want to go and say it's a fighting game, what kind of fighting game? It couldn't possibly be something too lackluster, could it? The way it's being presented doesn't seem like it would be too dull. Taking into consideration the effort put into the project, it must be something at least a little more than ordinary.

EDIT: Looking into Banpresto, it seems to be a division of Namco. From the information available, it points to a fighting game. I still do not want to blow off the possibility that it could be something different.

Last edited by ~kitty~; 04-6-2012 at 02:32 PM..
Old 04-7-2012, 04:58 PM   #11
~kitty~
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

The mystery project might be Project x Zone.

"Namco Bandai has filed two trademarks: All Star Battle and Project X Zone. It’s expected, then, that one of these trademarks is the name of the mystery project that’s being worked on by SEGA, Capcom, and Namco Bandai, there’s a good chance it’s the latter name. Project X Zone. Why?

You only have to look at the URL of the mystery project’s website: pxz.channel.or.jp. The “pxz” is right there as the sub-domain and acts as an acronym for Project X Zone."

-pulled from nintendo3dsblog.com
Old 04-10-2012, 08:56 PM   #12
~kitty~
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

http://nintendo3dsblog.com/revealed-...more-611556866

Quote:
There are reports from Famitsu magazine that the mystery project from Capcom, SEGA, and Namco Bandai is not a fighter, as I assumed, but rather a simulation RPG. It is, however, known as Project X Zone, like we guessed. The speculation about the characters in the game also seems to have been accurate.

You can check after the break for the full list of characters in the game, and I’ll write about more details as they arrive. There’s said to be a trailer arriving at the end of April.

Capcom

Ryu & Ken Masters (Street Fighter 0)
X & Zero (Rockman)
Demitri and Dante (Darkstalkers and Devil May Cry)
Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)
SEGA

Ichiro Ogami and Sakura Shinguji (Sakura Wars)
Akira Yuki Chen and Pai Chan (Virtua Fighter)
Kurt Irving & Riera Maruserisu (Valkyria Chronicles)
Cyrille & Toma and Urara (Shining Force EXA & Space Channel 5)
Namco Bandai

Sanger Somvold (Super Robot Wars)
Jin and Ling Xiaoyu (Tekken)
Kos-Mos and T-elos (Xenosaga)
Yuri Lowell & Estellise (Tales of Vesperia)
Kite and Black Rose (.Hack)
EDIT: http://nintendo3dsblog.com/a-couple-...more-611556871

Last edited by ~kitty~; 04-10-2012 at 11:46 PM..
Old 04-12-2012, 08:10 AM   #13
Profraine
FFR Player

So it's akin to a Namco X Capmcom 2 with Sega along form the ride. Only surprises I can think of is no Morrigan or Heiachi and the fact that Ulala isn't just a cameo.

EDIT: I just saw Dimitri on the list. Holy crap if they give him Midnight Bliss in this game...

Last edited by Profraine; 04-12-2012 at 08:15 AM..
Profraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:52 AM   #14
~kitty~
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profraine View Post
So it's akin to a Namco X Capmcom 2 with Sega along form the ride. Only surprises I can think of is no Morrigan or Heiachi and the fact that Ulala isn't just a cameo.

EDIT: I just saw Dimitri on the list. Holy crap if they give him Midnight Bliss in this game...
What it seems to be is that it's going to be more akin to Super Robot Wars and actually it seems like the character list is NOT complete yet. There are still more to come.

EDIT: Well, they're more or less the same. I am just saying that because of the Banpresto logo.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:59 PM   #15
~kitty~
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

This is a bump to inform you guys that http://pxz.channel.or.jp/ has updated. Go check it out.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:21 AM   #16
~kitty~
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I have no idea why no one is ever saying anything here, but the first trailer has been released for the game.