Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 10:51 AM   #961
Kyoko Kirigiri
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

Also (obviously), if the no-lynch strategy plays out favorably, it would still require a correct lynch tomorrow.
Old 06-26-2018, 03:26 PM   #962
Kyoko Kirigiri
FFR Player

This intro is just to get the post to show up.

We really should get to talking again. All remaining scenarios depend on identifying the Acqui and deciding whether they're currently controlling a town or wolf account. We can scumhunt based on past days, but finding the Acqui requires that we analyze the present.

As it currently stands, I suspect either Makoto or Sakura is the Acqui. This post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakuya Togami View Post
I checked Kyoko's D0 and she voted for Junko. There was no interaction between Kyoko and Sayaka, but Sayaka didn't interact much anyway.

I'm hesitant to accept a world where Kyoko is a wolf because if that's true, then the town is probably going to lose.
is tonally consistent with my view of Byakuya as a writer and isn't something that I would expect from Junko, although making that assumption based on a single post is dangerous (which is why further discussion from everyone would be beneficial). Sakura has obviously been more vocal today, as has Makoto, but that's easily explained by reduced player numbers and an endgame setting.
Old 06-26-2018, 06:29 PM   #963
Sakura Ogami
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoko Kirigiri View Post
This intro is just to get the post to show up.

We really should get to talking again. All remaining scenarios depend on identifying the Acqui and deciding whether they're currently controlling a town or wolf account. We can scumhunt based on past days, but finding the Acqui requires that we analyze the present.

As it currently stands, I suspect either Makoto or Sakura is the Acqui. This post

is tonally consistent with my view of Byakuya as a writer and isn't something that I would expect from Junko, although making that assumption based on a single post is dangerous (which is why further discussion from everyone would be beneficial). Sakura has obviously been more vocal today, as has Makoto, but that's easily explained by reduced player numbers and an endgame setting.
We're fucked. Kyoko is looking for the acquisitioner and not even pretending to scumhunt, which means that the wolf and the acquisitioner are not the same person.
Old 06-26-2018, 06:41 PM   #964
Kyoko Kirigiri
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura Ogami View Post
We're fucked. Kyoko is looking for the acquisitioner and not even pretending to scumhunt, which means that the wolf and the acquisitioner are not the same person.
We can scumhunt based on information from previous days, and in fact that's likely to be more useful for scumhunting than anything that happens today. We can't use past days to determine who the acquisitioner is (except for the purpose of comparison) because, mechanically, no one left in the game was the acqui until today. As I already explained, lynching either a sole wolf or a sole acqui results in an endgame loss. The goal here should be to create enough discussion that people can come to their own conclusions regarding the identity of the acqui, and see if that matches their suspected wolf.

But by all means, please continue complaining about how we're fucked. I'm sure that will solve things.
Old 06-26-2018, 06:46 PM   #965
Sakura Ogami
FFR Player

Quote:
The goal here should be to create enough discussion that people can come to their own conclusions regarding the identity of the acqui, and see if that matches their suspected wolf.
...which is precisely what my previous post does
Old 06-26-2018, 06:48 PM   #966
Sakura Ogami
FFR Player

Quote:
We can scumhunt based on information from previous days, and in fact that's likely to be more useful for scumhunting than anything that happens today. We can't use past days to determine who the acquisitioner is (except for the purpose of comparison) because, mechanically, no one left in the game was the acqui until today. As I already explained, lynching either a sole wolf or a sole acqui results in an endgame loss. The goal here should be to create enough discussion that people can come to their own conclusions regarding the identity of the acqui, and see if that matches their suspected wolf.

But by all means, please continue complaining about how we're fucked. I'm sure that will solve things.
While we're here, do you have any SCUMreads? It seems backwards that you're trying to match the wolf and the acqui together instead of looking for wolves, which is "easier" and then seeing if they're the acqui.
Old 06-26-2018, 06:49 PM   #967
Sakura Ogami
FFR Player

Like ffs, Leon flipped red last night. The first thing that came into my mind was to use that information to find wolves
Old 06-26-2018, 07:08 PM   #968
Sakura Ogami
FFR Player

I guess my fundamental question with your play this phase is this:

If we need to lynch both the wolf and the acqui this phase in order to win (we is true), why are you intentionally making it harder on yourself by looking for the acqui this phase instead of the wolf, where there are actual previous day connections and red flips? It makes little sense to begin your search this way. And you haven't even made lipservice about who you think a wolf is.

My answer is that you're a wolf and you only care about the acquisitioner because lynching them is the only way you can win. You are totally correct that town can only win if wolf+acqui are same person, but you are using this as an excuse to only hunt for the acqui and try to get them lynched because "hey, they have to be a wolf too, or else we lose anyway." Which, again, is true, but you are making use of that as a convenience for yourself to win as a wolf.

I'm pretty sold on you being a wolf, which sucks, because your preoccupation with the acqui means that they are NOT you, and thus we can't win at this point. But at the very least, I'm not going down on your terms.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:11 PM   #969
Sakura Ogami
FFR Player

Regarding the acquisitioner, just because, it's either Byakuya or Makoto. Byakuya has been playing consistently and their play style is easy to read, which makes it easier for somebody to assume that slot without it being suspicious. Makoto has been all over the board with play and consistency this game, which makes it difficult to emulate. They also are inherently more suspicious for this, which makes an acqui jump into them less desirable.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:51 PM   #970
Kyoko Kirigiri
FFR Player

Honestly, Sakura, I think you're the Acquisitioner. Your case against me relies considerably on Leon's actions, which isn't unreasonable. But you conveniently ignore that Leon yesterday wasn't Leon the Wolf. It was Leon the Acquisitioner.

Quote:
How on earth are you still reading Kyoko as town???? After Leon flipped, seriously?

Go back and read the last two EODS and see all the relationships between Leon and Kyoko. It's appallingly obvious that Kyoko's slot is wolf. Kyoko
Yesterday's EoD (as it pertains to Leon's behavior) needs to be contextualized by that. Everything Leon did yesterday was actually Junko, in pursuit of their own agenda. Now, Leon tethered to me before that, so Leon-nort's behavior yesterday was likely meant to be a believable recreation of his prior behavior. But Fake Leon would also have known they had finally acquired a scum account, and thus that today would probably look much like this. So that also allowed them to set up a false case against me.

As soon as today started, you came out hard against me. That's not problematic in and of itself, and for a time I actually read you as townier as a result. But you've deliberately avoided considering any other possibilities, even to the extent that your goal is apparently to lynch me over winning the game.

Quote:
Probably not but I still want to nail Kyoko here.
Quote:
And here, finally, Kyoko gets her lipservice of "I might be wrong!" but then realizes that she kind of has to get this Mondo lynch through so she covers her tracks IMMEDIATELY after saying that.

I will have your head Kyoko.
Quote:
The only way town can win here is if Kyoko was acquisitioned last night I think. So, whatever, but I'm going out on my own terms.
Your approach is much more emotional than it had been previously. At the same time, it's way more aggressive and ordered than your previous play. I'd argue that your voice and style have changed substantially overnight.

What I think happened is that the Acqui acquired Leon, continued linking Leon to me, then acquired you. Having built a case against me previously, you're attempting to use it now. The thing is, that's still dangerous for you if you're NOT the wolf. But that doesn't mean you have to be, unfortunately. At the same time, I wonder why you'd sell out so heavily on this case if it weren't a guaranteed win.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:54 PM   #971
Kyoko Kirigiri
FFR Player

Having said all that, I can't be sure you're the wolf (or technically even the acqui, although it seems likely when tone reading everyone). I'm reviewing Makoto and Byakuya now. I've read Makoto once already, but there simply isn't a lot there. Byakuya feels town, but a good scum player can project that.
Old 06-26-2018, 08:05 PM   #972
Sakura Ogami
FFR Player

Quote:
Honestly, Sakura, I think you're the Acquisitioner. Your case against me relies considerably on Leon's actions, which isn't unreasonable. But you conveniently ignore that Leon yesterday wasn't Leon the Wolf. It was Leon the Acquisitioner.

Yesterday's EoD (as it pertains to Leon's behavior) needs to be contextualized by that. Everything Leon did yesterday was actually Junko, in pursuit of their own agenda. Now, Leon tethered to me before that, so Leon-nort's behavior yesterday was likely meant to be a believable recreation of his prior behavior. But Fake Leon would also have known they had finally acquired a scum account, and thus that today would probably look much like this. So that also allowed them to set up a false case against me.

As soon as today started, you came out hard against me. That's not problematic in and of itself, and for a time I actually read you as townier as a result. But you've deliberately avoided considering any other possibilities, even to the extent that your goal is apparently to lynch me over winning the game.

Your approach is much more emotional than it had been previously. At the same time, it's way more aggressive and ordered than your previous play. I'd argue that your voice and style have changed substantially overnight.

What I think happened is that the Acqui acquired Leon, continued linking Leon to me, then acquired you. Having built a case against me previously, you're attempting to use it now. The thing is, that's still dangerous for you if you're NOT the wolf. But that doesn't mean you have to be, unfortunately. At the same time, I wonder why you'd sell out so heavily on this case if it weren't a guaranteed win.
Wherein Kyoko hasn't gotten the message and is still concerned with the acquisitioner

1) a) Leon the Acquisitioner probably thought you were his partner and replicated that same behavior to save his ass yesterday. And while that does make me look bad because I also think you're a wolf, that's not a counterargument as to your wolfiness. Furthermore, it would be way safer to... not put all my eggs in one basket...? to just sit back and let exactly what is happening right now happen and then jump on board that wagon.
b) I almost died yesterday so acquing me would be lol.

2) I'm pressuring you and you're failing. I'd be able to move on to other people if
a) you actually addressed any of my concerns, or
b) if there was any other activity in this game right now.

3) I'm emotional because
a) the identity wolf is dead and I don't have to be restrained in my posting
b) I want to lynch antitown today because that's really the only meaningful thing we can do today
Old 06-26-2018, 08:27 PM   #973
Byakuya Togami
FFR Player

Quote:
At the same time, I wonder why you'd sell out so heavily on this case if it weren't a guaranteed win.
This.
Old 06-26-2018, 08:28 PM   #974
Sakura Ogami
FFR Player

What else is there to do in this fucking game at this point????
Old 06-26-2018, 08:29 PM   #975
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz

To clarify, No lynch is allowed.

Old 06-26-2018, 08:30 PM   #976
Sakura Ogami
FFR Player

I've had this wolf read for two fucking days now and you're surprised that I'm trying to lynch her for it??? It's not even meaningful because this game is already over fmpov
Old 06-26-2018, 08:32 PM   #977
Sakura Ogami
FFR Player

Kyoko is the wolf and Byakuya is the acquisitioner

what do we do with this information?
Old 06-26-2018, 08:34 PM   #978
Byakuya Togami
FFR Player

I was thinking. It was in the acquisitioner's best interest to acquire the wolf this phase. I think they have a good chance of knowing who the wolf is because they can infiltrate the wolf night chat.

Why would Leon link himself to Kyoko last phase?

Also, rip Makoto. I don't think he's making it to EOD.
Old 06-26-2018, 08:35 PM   #979
Byakuya Togami
FFR Player

Quote:
Kyoko is the wolf and Byakuya is the acquisitioner

what do we do with this information?
So if you were really on the town's team, you'd want a no lynch. This is definitely wrong, though.
Old 06-26-2018, 08:36 PM   #980
Sakura Ogami
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakuya Togami View Post
I was thinking. It was in the acquisitioner's best interest to acquire the wolf this phase. I think they have a good chance of knowing who the wolf is because they can infiltrate the wolf night chat.

Why would Leon link himself to Kyoko last phase?

Also, rip Makoto. I don't think he's making it to EOD.
It's never in the acquisitioner's best interest to get the wolf this phase. The correct mechanical play is for them to have 1 wolf, 1 acqui, and 2 town in final four.

You should know this
Closed Thread