Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives

Closed Thread

Old 03-5-2019, 05:06 PM   #601
Svaz
quite clever

Default Re: TWG CLXXXIII: star-crossed Can't Roll Wolf Because... Game Thread

Gonna try to get my laptop fixed/cleaned tomorrow, set up an appointment for it at best buy etc. I tried getting a USB keyboard but my now haunted ass laptop keyboard randomly deletes shit and types "ooooooooooooooo" a lot so I'm using a computer at school for this post instead, mostly because I really dislike typing over mobile at length (but down to do it to some extent, I suppose I don't have much choice here).

I guess it might not be FFA (though "dude just get wolves" isn't a good defense to me, like obviously getting the [singular] wolf is the point here...), but I'm not sure who my second alternative would be. I suppose I wouldn't mind assisting people on clearing out their suspicions for the most part except that the next likely candidate is T-Force and perhaps due to the no voting, I'm inclined to find that less wolfy somehow -- I kind of assume the wolf would want to use voting as their leverage to save their hide (or pelt, I guess?) in assuring a greater volume of townish-ness.
Old 03-5-2019, 05:12 PM   #602
Svaz
quite clever

Between DBP and MML I really don't know, as those are the only two remaining options, I doubt kind of that MML would be as vocal and as prone to error as he was on that big ramble (though initially I did find the flurry of activity suspicious) -- it's a lot of vulnerability to expose oneself to. Somehow DBP being wolf doesn't feel quite right either, though I suppose I don't have much experience with either being wolves to use as a past history to reference from, which seems to be significant for at least most other posters. I suppose between these two I could see DBP being the more likely result, but I don't really feel like the wolf is either of them.
Old 03-5-2019, 05:17 PM   #603
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Hopefully your tech problems get solved sooner and not later. For one, everyone needs a computer bit for another, your game is suffering from severe lack of content.

Like I get life sucks and that comes first bit as of note all you have done this game is Vote me and then translate Xel's readlist. Right now your saying T Force is leaning town but the next wolfy after FFA....who you're entertaining is not a wolf possibly....?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
I guess it might not be FFA (though "dude just get wolves" isn't a good defense to me, like obviously getting the [singular] wolf is the point here...), but I'm not sure who my second alternative would be. I suppose I wouldn't mind assisting people on clearing out their suspicions for the most part except that the next likely candidate is T-Force and perhaps due to the no voting, I'm inclined to find that less wolfy somehow -- I kind of assume the wolf would want to use voting as their leverage to save their hide (or pelt, I guess?) in assuring a greater volume of townish-ness.
Also I feel like a lone wolf is just as likely to not worry about voting that much because he can't easily be questioned about why he went a wagon and it isn't like he has a high stake in the lynch so long as he isn't in the running. That's probably a null all things being equal, but I frankly don't see it as a good look. If you're town, your vote is your weapon so fucking use it.

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 03-5-2019, 05:19 PM   #604
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Didn't see this.

Quote:
Between DBP and MML I really don't know, as those are the only two remaining options, I doubt kind of that MML would be as vocal and as prone to error as he was on that big ramble (though initially I did find the flurry of activity suspicious) -- it's a lot of vulnerability to expose oneself to. Somehow DBP being wolf doesn't feel quite right either, though I suppose I don't have much experience with either being wolves to use as a past history to reference from, which seems to be significant for at least most other posters. I suppose between these two I could see DBP being the more likely result, but I don't really feel like the wolf is either of them.
So it's still FFA -> T Force -> DBP/MML?

Old 03-5-2019, 05:29 PM   #605
Svaz
quite clever

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
So it's still FFA -> T Force -> DBP/MML?
I'd say FFA>TWGma>DBP>You

though it's sort of based over my perceptions of overall contributions/content over perhaps a more thorough analysis of play style. I should probably re-read at some point, though I've got a long class in about half an hour.

I will say though, my activity aside I did expect a lot more content in the thread at this point/hour; it's pretty quiet for being somewhat close to EoD.

Also re: activity, I suppose the proper-est thing to would have been subbing out over the weekend since the training schedule was so awful, but I like the notion of seeing stuff through, and perhaps replacements already eased into the mindset of not playing. The last thing I'd want to do is make it even worse somehow through substitution. IIRC it's frowned upon to talk about this, hence the spoiler tag.
Old 03-5-2019, 05:41 PM   #606
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:

I guess it might not....but I'm not sure who.... I suppose I wouldn't mind.....I'm inclined to find that less wolfy somehow -- I kind of assume ...I really don't know...doesn't feel quite right either, though I suppose I don't have much experience with....I suppose between these two..., but I don't really.....
Man I get people aren't as aggro as i am and no body wants another FFA just stating something with no thoughts but these some wishy washy ass language.

Could be that Svaz is naturally resolved. Could be that she really feels unsure because she's had to miss the game. Could be a wolf going back on her reads and trying to open the door for whatever wagon developes. CynicalMasterLar says it's a wolf that wants an excuse to vote T Force later with some sort of breadcrumbing; ALittleMoreChilledLar could believe it's her being reserved. I don't know her meta so I can't logically think it through.

I think, for reasons I'll keep close to my chest for now, it's important to solve the game this phase. Unless I'm wildly off in my reads I don't think final 3 ends well for town so while I should be happy that we have it narrowed down to two people I'm actually paranoid and second guessing everything in trying to figure out which one.

The key to solving Svaz is trying to figure out if she normally talks like that. I just ISOd her but another look won't hurt.

Old 03-5-2019, 05:43 PM   #607
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
I'd say FFA>TWGma>DBP>You

though it's sort of based over my perceptions of overall contributions/content over perhaps a more thorough analysis of play style. I should probably re-read at some point, though I've got a long class in about half an hour.

I will say though, my activity aside I did expect a lot more content in the thread at this point/hour; it's pretty quiet for being somewhat close to EoD.

Also re: activity, I suppose the proper-est thing to would have been subbing out over the weekend since the training schedule was so awful, but I like the notion of seeing stuff through, and perhaps replacements already eased into the mindset of not playing. The last thing I'd want to do is make it even worse somehow through substitution. IIRC it's frowned upon to talk about this, hence the spoiler tag.
There absolutely should be more posts.

As for the spoiler, I'd do the same so no worries.

Old 03-5-2019, 05:46 PM   #608
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Man I wish there where more posts to look at but jjudging from this

Quote:
Hi, just wanted to say I feel awful about missing end of day yesterday, I started playing OneShot and didn't stop because it was really fun (big recommend) and wrote an essay like right after and by the time I thought about this thread it had been night for some time. I'm kinda awful about time management/general comprehension sometimes, I guess as a weird side effect of ADD, I'll set some calendar reminders from here on out. (as an aside, one nice thing about OOTC is that missing stuff like that is pretty challenging since people are so active over discord)

Also I guess I should say this now, this perilously this falls on my drill weekend again somehow (I guess it has been about a month since last game) but I'll try to check in during idle time, of which there will probably be some since the unit has us waiting around for nothing pretty often (perhaps the same could be said of all units, etc. etc.).

Anyway I guess I should reflect on the game a bit, so: I feel like Nakah is a pretty peculiar choice just because he generates a lot of suspicion on his own, and I gotta say I'm a little surprised wolf didn't use the option to kill twice right away since it's probably advantageous to do it earlier before the rest of town forms an alliance, at least I'd think so.
I think Svaz just talks like that.

Old 03-5-2019, 05:50 PM   #609
flashflash account
FFR Player

Quote:
Man I get people aren't as aggro as i am and no body wants another FFA just stating something with no thoughts but these some wishy washy ass language.

Could be that Svaz is naturally resolved. Could be that she really feels unsure because she's had to miss the game. Could be a wolf going back on her reads and trying to open the door for whatever wagon developes. CynicalMasterLar says it's a wolf that wants an excuse to vote T Force later with some sort of breadcrumbing; ALittleMoreChilledLar could believe it's her being reserved. I don't know her meta so I can't logically think it through.

I think, for reasons I'll keep close to my chest for now, it's important to solve the game this phase. Unless I'm wildly off in my reads I don't think final 3 ends well for town so while I should be happy that we have it narrowed down to two people I'm actually paranoid and second guessing everything in trying to figure out which one.

The key to solving Svaz is trying to figure out if she normally talks like that. I just ISOd her but another look won't hurt.
posts like these (you've made several) don't come across as you actually thinking about anything to me. You're shooting off baseline thoughts everywhere but you aren't like worldbuilding, you're not solving, I don't see any progression happening here. That's scary.

-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
I’ve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
Old 03-5-2019, 05:51 PM   #610
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

I think DBP said he found Svaz assertive doing the wolf game.

I honestly can't recall how assertive tho.
I
DBP you can help me with this but I thino Svaz is legit playing opposite then that OoT game. If that's true then voting her over T Force is madness.

Probably voting T Force via PoE

Old 03-5-2019, 05:52 PM   #611
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
posts like these (you've made several) don't come across as you actually thinking about anything to me. You're shooting off baseline thoughts everywhere but you aren't like worldbuilding, you're not solving, I don't see any progression happening here. That's scary.
Did you read the other post that go along with that and actually reach a conclusion or you just think your a clever boy?

Old 03-5-2019, 06:06 PM   #612
TWGma
FFR Player

Quote:
Has he though?

I know from d0 to know I 180d on you but I don't recall DBP particularly being worse then that.

Is this flip flopping the reason you're wolf reading him or dies the read go deeper?
From D0:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
twgma rising up in my wolf rankings
Re: FFA saying he'd want to lynch Bone.
Quote:
what about twgma
And then:
Quote:
damn twgma's town

Over to D1:
Quote:
1) flashflash account town
2) MixMasterLar town (weakest)
3) DaBackPack town
8) Charu town
9) XelNya town

leaving

4) TWGma null-wolf
5) Svaz null-town
6) Daikyi wolf or stupid town

Quote:
sorry about using the 'r' word, I was doing a movie quote

you called out TWGma for not reading LK's past day, but he didn't contribute anything iirc
Interesting to note as well, seeing as he read LK town pretty early on. I still have no idea how anyone got any solid read on the little LK posted.

Also,
Quote:
dude there's only one wolf this game is free
How're feeling about that quote now, FFA?
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
Why are you fucking pockets again?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
i like tforce more than you
Old 03-5-2019, 06:07 PM   #613
TWGma
FFR Player

Also, interesting to note DBPs readslist that everyone who has died during the night has been a townread by him when others weren't so keen to read as heavily into those players.
Quote:
Old 03-5-2019, 06:07 PM   #614
flashflash account
FFR Player

GAME IS STILL FREE
DON'T WORRY
JUST MIGHT TAKE A WHILE

-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
I’ve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
Old 03-5-2019, 06:08 PM   #615
TWGma
FFR Player

DaBackpack
Quote:
Old 03-5-2019, 06:08 PM   #616
TWGma
FFR Player

Quote:
GAME IS STILL FREE
DON'T WORRY
JUST MIGHT TAKE A WHILE
For someone saying don't worry, you sound worried.
Quote:
Old 03-5-2019, 06:10 PM   #617
TWGma
FFR Player

I guess one other thing to note is that DBP seemed to be townread by a majority of people this game.

So why is he still alive. I would imagine taking out a strong town voice is a higher priority than no noise/minimal noise from people who have mixed reads on them.
Quote:
Old 03-5-2019, 07:25 PM   #618
Svaz
quite clever

Quote:
I think Svaz just talks like that.
Fwiw it’s also so prevalent irl a drill sergeant called me out in basic and said I need to fix my speech pattern by “recording everything (I) say for a day, play it back to (myself) at night, then fix how (I) talk by eliminating all (my) filler vocabulary” so it’s nothing new I’ve just never improved on it I guess
Old 03-5-2019, 07:56 PM   #619
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWGma View Post
I guess one other thing to note is that DBP seemed to be townread by a majority of people this game.

So why is he still alive. I would imagine taking out a strong town voice is a higher priority than no noise/minimal noise from people who have mixed reads on them.
twgma this is what grasping at straws looks like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
Old 03-5-2019, 08:06 PM   #620
TWGma
FFR Player

Nice blinders, son. Just going to ignore the rest of the above?
Vote stays.
DnD is beginning though. I fully expect to be lynched. Godspeed, town.
Quote:
Closed Thread