Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-5-2019, 01:26 PM   #641
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

Shado posting and reading d0 = good
Shado making a case against Antori before he can post today after we've already decided that those reasons were not good enough for lynch last phase = kinda bad

I'm glad that wasn't his only output because that part of his wall just looked like picking on the easy target who wasn't there

That said, I'll undercut myself and say that I'm expecting a lot more from Antori this phase

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 05-5-2019, 01:27 PM   #642
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

With family I'll reread Antori's recent posts later and comment on them then

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 05-5-2019, 02:12 PM   #643
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

shadowolfe notice my toxicity uwu
Old 05-5-2019, 02:15 PM   #644
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
I took your vote on Wayward as a protest vote so Antori wouldn't get wagoned. Is this not so?
no i had wayward reasons for voting wayward. he wasn't playing the game and the post where he read an mml post and called haku town from it just. wasn't a thing after he contradicted it
Old 05-5-2019, 02:17 PM   #645
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

i will be around a little later for interacty purposes and reading but i'm just a lil too tipsy now to focus
Old 05-5-2019, 02:18 PM   #646
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
I would very much like you to still signalboost the post of Raeko' s that illustrate the praise you where giving her for that time.

Misreading my intentions and being a dick, while waiting forever to log in and have it clarified is no excuse for you to just decide it's time to not answer the question. Either show me that wasn't fluff or just admit you like defending Raeko every single game you two play together.
I said it was an accident and acknowledged it? I think you are misreading the tone of my post, especially the "time to move on" part. That was a thought to myself, not telling you to move on, lmao.

I'll grab the posts later. Also, I would have no problem throwing raeko under the bus if she was posting wolfy fmpov, don't get me wrong. For what it's worth, take a look at the games that we've played with each other. The last game that we were on opposite alignments was TWGood End, and raeko was hard reading me wolf. All of the other games we've played together we've happened to be the same alignment (both wolf and town). I've yet to have a game where I'm town and raeko is wolf. Based off of how she read me in TWGood end, I've been scared of going into the same game as her and rolling wolf while she's town. I think I'd be fucked, frankly. See how many people have asked her about her read on me this game. I don't understand the double standard of people being able to ask her about her read on me, but not me about the read on her. Frankly, I find it insulting that people would insinuate such a bias for a game that's all about figuring out if people are lying. If I was town and I had indications that she was a wolf, I would not hesitate to hold that back. It's ridiculous to assume otherwise. I think I know her enough that I would be able to spot any wolfiness if it was the case this game or any other game. You can believe that I will arbitrarily defend her every game, or you can hear me out and tell you why it seems like this.

I was planning on chilling and playing video games a bit until playing some more TWG for the day, but I guess if you're going to patronize me, I have no choice but to bend to your whims.

WHY I TOWNREAD RAEKO THIS GAME (SO FAR)
1. POST VOLUME
-one of raeko's struggles with being a wolf (since I've been her wolf partner at least 2 games) is generating posts and sticking with the game. Taking a quick look at the post count, raeko has more posts than Antori, Hakulyte, and is pretty much tied with Xel.
-if raeko was wolfing, I would expect her post count to be firmly on the bottom, rather than just above.

2. POSTING READS
-another struggle area with raeko's wolf is EOD as well as posting reads in general.
-looking at EOD, raeko consistently made posts within the last hour. not just any kinds of posts, but posts that weren't as vague as something like THIS post from a previous wolf game of hers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
nah I read them I've read the entire thread I'm pretty sure. I just don't have anything to say really. First of all we've said it all before, and if I defend myself I get accused of only coming in to defend myself. I meant to prove you wrong with actions but you can see how well that went.
-look at how vague it is. "I've read the entire thread and I'm pretty sure. I just don't anything to say really. First of all we've all said it before"
-This is her struggling to come up with any novel idea about any sort of read. She insists that she has nothing really new to say, and that anything she says will just be a repeat of what's already been said in the thread. Let's compare that to some posts from EOD she made this game:

Quote:
but why
Quote:
Kinda? I think the things he says/does are weird in general, but I've had that problem in previous games where he turned out to be town. So that "weirdly" just means he's being himself and it's hard to read I guess
Quote:
feeling offended that Ind left me out of his reads </3

I'm not sure about flash flash, he hasn't screamed town to me so I'd be ok with lynching him but he's not my top choice

how are you
here, she's developing some reads and contributing to discussion. She provides a response to inD about her read on Antori (which is a NEW, NOVEL READ)
she provides a read on flashflash, even though it's a bit paper-thin. she also responds to flashflash calling for indheart's lynch, so she's actively engaged in game solving rather than doing the alternative of "nothing new to say"

3. POST TIMING
-wolf raeko will wait until the last minute to start posting instead of trying to keep a consistent dialogue throughout the days. If you just look at this game, she's made posts at pretty regular intervals.
-if you were to look back at the same wolf game of hers that I quoted earlier and look at her posting frequency, you'll find this:

Quote:
hi it's me Raeko I have arrived on the scene
POSTED AT 2:26 PM, eod was at 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
This is a bit of a weird thing to say but I mostly bring it up because I’m not really clear on how this cleared things up for you. You thought ind/sunfan/star were all on the same team, and now you still do? and so that cleared things up for you to think the others are town? Or am I misunderstanding? This is also based on posts I read afterward and I was reading them all out of order so idk if I'm just confusing myself here

I feel you a lot on this. It’s been hard for me to get into forum games lately, and this one has been especially difficult for some reason
posted at 4:25 PM, two whole hours later for this ONE post. she does provide a townread on lar later in this post, but let's look at these first two points
-she's unsure and confused about her read on t-force. read the last line of this section. It's not taking an extremely firm stance.
-this right here is probably her biggest scumtell: "It's been hard for me to get into forum games lately" or "I just can't get my head in the game". I've seen her use this multiple times as a defense for being unable to come up with authentic reads, and I have yet to see it this game

Quote:
sounds like someone's breathing salty
posted at 8:25 PM.
and also this is not providing any sort of fundamental read. she's just making a joke about modest mouse. no reads furthered, no large posts. just wavering and not coming up with any new ideas.

---

If this doesn't convince you that my read is authentic and that I'm basing it off of my understanding of her gameplay, I don't know what will.
Old 05-5-2019, 02:19 PM   #647
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

also, since you brought up me playing DotA this game, here's my dotabuff lmfao
https://www.dotabuff.com/players/10862432

I don't really play it anymore
Old 05-5-2019, 02:32 PM   #648
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

NOW I'm gonna go play video games a bit before playing more twg
BRB, gotta get my burgers out
Old 05-5-2019, 02:35 PM   #649
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Hey roundbox

let me ask you something

would you be down to lynch lar today
Old 05-5-2019, 02:46 PM   #650
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
Hey roundbox

let me ask you something

would you be down to lynch lar today
it's not outside of my window of "who I might be ok lynching", but I need to read his posts again to see if I would rather lynch him above other people, and vice versa

to put this more clearly: he's not screaming "too town to lynch" at the moment for me, but it's not based off of much
Old 05-5-2019, 02:58 PM   #651
Gradiant
FFR's Resident Trashpanda
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
Ok you've mentioned this twice now so I think it's better I clarify now than after game in voice or whatever

the "pat on the back" comment was really really not intended dickishly

Gradiant said I needed to get off my high horse and that I was acting better than ppl and gave the "good scumhunting" comment as an example.

-->

I thought he thought I meant "good scumhunting" as a condescending complement like a pat on the back kinda thing, which *WOULD* be condescending and acting better than ppl, so I TRIED to clarify that I wasn't trying to pat him on the back

-->

My attempt at saying I wasn't being condescending in saying "good scumhunting" ended up sounding condescending "don't go thinking I was trying to pat your back" and just made things worse

----------

figured I wouldn't be getting through to anyone if I tried to clarify that at the time, so I was just gonna say it after game like HEY DUDE I WASN'T BEING CONDESCENDING BUT IT'S HARD AS HELL TO CONVEY TONE IN TEXT
No matter how you intend to say that 'pat yourself on the back' part, it's impossible for anybody reading it to see it as anything but dickish. And as I said before several times, it wasn't the 'good scumhunting' that was condescending, but the 'but you're wrong'. Which again, was out of nowhere because I wasn't even asking you anything, I was asking mml to elaborate.
Old 05-5-2019, 02:58 PM   #652
flashflash account
FFR Player

Last time Lar was too town to lynch he was a wolf :V

-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
I’ve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
Old 05-5-2019, 03:04 PM   #653
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

YO roundbox

I agree with your analysis of her wolfplay. Yes to all three of those difficulties she has in her wolfgames.

Look again at your own "proof" that she's different this game, though. I think your own examples work against her using your own rubric.

Postcount: She's near the bottom of players in postcount (3rd lowest)

Posting reads: almost all her reads this game (including both the ones I've posted and the ones in your own quote) are waffly and inconclusive. The NOVEL Read ends in "hard to read I guess" the FFA one you admitted is paper thin. In the post I quoted she's asked about her wolfreads and responds with 4 people. Out of those 4 in her wolfreads list, she ends 3 f those reads of them with a near dismissal of her own read "could be way off" "may be a lack of experience" "I'm having flashbacks". I can show you more if you'd like but this should illustrate the point we'll enough

Post timing: with 38 posts in 68 hours, I don't much think her timing here supercedes the other two factors, but I will grant that her timing isn't as overtly opportunistic as it's been in prior wolfgames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
Old 05-5-2019, 03:05 PM   #654
Gradiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antori View Post
i was expecting to die there not sure why everyone decided to go for the safe kill but i still have wolf reads on Gradiant

I'm not making any more reads lists btw I'll just say what i think
I was about to say I was okay with you now because of your responses to shado but I can't now with this. you've never had a scum read on me, you just said you were happy to lynch me because you didn't know how to read me.
Old 05-5-2019, 03:08 PM   #655
Gradiant

I'm not really getting mellon using 'over-confident' being a buzzword for me shado. I'd say you were overconfident last game because you knew you were caught but knew that town wasn't going to do anything about it. Here, your role isn't known but you're just being arrogant. arrogant over over-confident.
Old 05-5-2019, 03:10 PM   #656
Gradiant

I'm also really not comfortable reading mellon because I always have a bias of scumreading her everygame I play with her. It's either scum because inactivity or scum because I think she's not making much of her own points and just going with other people. Somebody that has played more games with them or know them better as a person would have a much better idea of her siding her than me
Old 05-5-2019, 03:13 PM   #657
Gradiant

Not really caring much for ffa or xel atm. xel is sorta fine though because he said he'd post more once he had time so I'm waiting for that, while ffa is just shitting around with 'confirmed town' and it's irritating me.
Old 05-5-2019, 03:14 PM   #658
flashflash account
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradiant View Post
Not really caring much for ffa or xel atm. xel is sorta fine though because he said he'd post more once he had time so I'm waiting for that, while ffa is just shitting around with 'confirmed town' and it's irritating me.
That's like
Not even a read
Try again

-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
I’ve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
Old 05-5-2019, 03:15 PM   #659
Gradiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
That's like
Not even a read
Try again
no.
Old 05-5-2019, 03:17 PM   #660