psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691
Default Re: Official Tournament Special Batch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioNintendo View Post
You are so predictable psychoangel, lol. Great! Things are moving again.
Honestly, why are you still here? All you do is complain about literally everything. What I did has nothing to do with you.
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 02:25 PM   #202
One Winged Angel
Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I'm not going to come in here being combative picking apart things from your post to respond to, but I will say a few things. I posted in here nearly a month ago to this day hoping it would illicit some sort of response from anyone that knew what was going on with this, and I acknowledged that life happens. No one responded. You ask that people PM you, but at the time of me creating that post at the end of June, the staff page displayed you hadn't logged into your account in over a month, and the lack of response to that post makes me believe that hadn't changed until yesterday or today.

It's clear to me that while you may also be pushing the tournament forward now to finally be rid of a responsibility taken on a while back, it's lines like these:
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Winged Angel View Post
I strongly advise releasing charts that have been queued several years for a tournament that is most certainly not happening anytime soon.
that I'm more than well aware will end up lighting a fire with you because you'll jump on the opportunity to prove someone wrong or whatever. I don't think I was too harsh with anything I'd written after witnessing several months of zero progress being made with no updates from anyone. If there was any progress, it certainly wasn't being shared. It may not have been anyone's intention to cause disrespect, but that doesn't mean it didn't exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
i want to be cucked by cirno

Last edited by One Winged Angel; 07-27-2019 at 02:27 PM..
One Winged Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 02:31 PM   #203
M0nkeyz
Simfile Judge
Simfile JudgeDifficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Really happy you still have alot of soul into this game and care about getting this thing rolling, but don't give up on the community it's out of love for the game and you guys that they ask what's going on and want clarification.
M0nkeyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 02:38 PM   #204
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Quote:
I'm not going to come in here being combative picking apart things from your post to respond to, but I will say a few things. I posted in here nearly a month ago to this day hoping it would illicit some sort of response from anyone that knew what was going on with this, and I acknowledged that life happens. No one responded. You ask that people PM you, but at the time of me creating that post at the end of June, the staff page displayed you hadn't logged into your account in over a month, and the lack of response to that post makes me believe that hadn't changed until yesterday or today.

It's clear to me that while you may also be pushing the tournament forward now to finally be rid of a responsibility taken on a while back, it's lines like these:

that I'm more than well aware will end up lighting a fire with you because you'll jump on the opportunity to prove someone wrong or whatever. I don't think I was too harsh with anything I'd written after witnessing several months of zero progress being made with no updates from anyone. If there was any progress, it certainly wasn't being shared. It may not have been anyone's intention was to cause disrespect, but that doesn't mean it didn't exist.
Just because I wasn't logging on here doesn't mean I wasn't reachable nor that talks/things weren't happening. Discord is the most widely used tool now for basically all of us. Your post didn't make me do anything, I was already doing things. The only difference was I had to now come in here and respond to posts that were completely unnecessary.

This is in no intentional or non-intentional disrespect to simfile artists. There were files that were what 3+ years old that hadn't even been released on to the site. There was such a HUGE backlog that nothing had been done about until Dossar, AJ and I stepped in. You cannot sit here and get on our case for this when the system has been horribly flawed always.

I ask for things, I get ignored. This has been a trend for years. But go ahead, be angry with me, say things about me, attack my character, it is what it is. This tournament isn't going to be the quality I want it to be, but if I hold out to make it so apparently we get mutinied against.

My plan was to aim for winter for the big all-new content, and I'd asked for an official with in-game content to be run in the meantime. All word of that died off so I said alright screw it, I'll just do whatever I gotta do. I didn't mention it here because if I did and it had fallen through then what? I try to make sure I have things more solid before saying anything because this is what happens here. All I wanted the break to recover because a pulmonary embolism is no joke, I may be on meds for life depending on how this goes.\

Edit: wait the batch here isn't several years old, where are you getting release files that are several years old. Anything from the previous tournament batch was free to be released once it wasn't used.

Last edited by psychoangel691; 07-27-2019 at 02:39 PM..
Old 07-27-2019, 02:45 PM   #205
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
I could use people who want to help comb through people for placements so I can spend more time on the file logistics part of this since I don't have it mapped prior like I normally would. Especially with people over from OSU and such that I'm not familiar with.
You still have YoshL and I for this. I'm not that familiar with the o!m imports fyi, except for a few standouts.

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 02:49 PM   #206
One Winged Angel
Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

There are files currently queued that were in consideration for placement in the last official tournament (lurker's Nest for instance, among others). I know that Dossar would want to rid the backlog of oldest files if it was possible to do so, but I'm sure they're still unreleased because they've been reserved for this tournament, where progress has hit a stand still multiple times and nothing has been shared with the community. If you don't think that's inherently disrespectful to those stepartists, then I'm at a loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
i want to be cucked by cirno
One Winged Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 02:51 PM   #207
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0nkeyz View Post
Really happy you still have alot of soul into this game and care about getting this thing rolling, but don't give up on the community it's out of love for the game and you guys that they ask what's going on and want clarification.
Asking is totally fine, I have no issues at all ever with that. The issue here is the attacks. MarioNintendo for example, for years, has run around with the "expect delays" and other snide comments. These are honestly the things that make us go "is it even worth it anymore" AJ's completely done, he legit sounded like he was going to cry earlier in his voice. Call us pussies or whatever you want but legit, it's hurtful.

If all these people who make these comments sent over a message and said: "hey what can do to help?" This probably would have been done already.

Anyway, I have said my piece, and like I mentioned earlier I'm too old for this crap and have way bigger worries in my life than what people want to say about me here. So I will not respond any futher to those types of posts. If anyone has questions the best way is to hit me up on discord. I don't hop on the forums so much anymore because well I'm old, my memory sucks and without a notification in my face I derp out.
Old 07-27-2019, 02:53 PM   #208
Pizza69
Simfile Judge
Simfile JudgeDifficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I remember leading up to last tournament, it was posted roughly which difficulties each division had for each round, and whether there was a song slated for each of those. If you still need more files, I might be able to help if you post something like that.
Old 07-27-2019, 02:58 PM   #209
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
You still have YoshL and I for this. I'm not that familiar with the o!m imports fyi, except for a few standouts.
Yeah, that's gonna be the rough part so I'm hoping for an extra person or two that might be able to help on that end. Hopefully all with discord so I can have a channel for us all to chat in.

Quote:
There are files currently queued that were in consideration for placement in the last official tournament (lurker's Nest for instance, among others). I know that Dossar would want to rid the backlog of oldest files if it was possible to do so, but I'm sure they're still unreleased because they've been reserved for this tournament, where progress has hit a stand still multiple times and nothing has been shared with the community. If you don't think that's inherently disrespectful to those stepartists, then I'm at a loss.
But those were free to be released once they weren't used for that tournament. I personally never reserved anything, I just asked AJ he said he asked for only one to be please be held if possible because it was perfect for D7. He mentioned "we have that backlog we can look through" but I don't recal either one of us ever saying "don't release these" if we did that's our bad but I mean there was still a time between last tournament and this they could have been released in.

So frankly, I think you may not have all the correct info. This is why people really gotta come to us directly rather than this type of stuff going down in threads. All this does is cause a lot of strain that didn't have to happen. Could've been a discussion then one concice post that explained everything.
Old 07-27-2019, 03:00 PM   #210
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza69 View Post
I remember leading up to last tournament, it was posted roughly which difficulties each division had for each round, and whether there was a song slated for each of those. If you still need more files, I might be able to help if you post something like that.
I'm grabbing everything now so I can see where we stand. I know with this batch it was basically all like D6/7 level stuff maybe late D5. So we're likely still lacking heavily in the midsection for like late D2 through mid D5. I have to judge all the easy batch stuff I guess. Aj had some struggles with that cause he'd said most a bit harder than expected.
Old 07-27-2019, 06:25 PM   #211
AutotelicBrown
Under the scarlet moon
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Aside from thinking some public heads-up could have gone a long way, I don't think the pace is particularly unusual from the activity I have witness on the site in the few years I've been around.
From a stepartist perspective, getting anything released in less than 2 years is a luxury already, so calling this particular delay a big disrespect to stepartists is a bit of an exaggeration.

I personally think taking longer to have all new files and the best possible tournament would be better but I also didn't have time to submit for easy batch in time so

Would be nice to have some information on what is still missing chart-wise and the appropriate way to send them over.
A bit of a short notice with the tournament coming up now but I might be able to get 1 or 2 easy files done in time.
AutotelicBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 06:57 PM   #212
-paexaea-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

just popping in to say fucking yikes that all this has been boiling under the surface, but i dont pay attention to literally anything on this site anymore. i just play here and there. more-so etterna nowadays. i kinda gave up on the tourney being a thing so its nice to hear news about it. hopefully i got some neat new files to play
Old 07-27-2019, 07:11 PM   #213
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutotelicBrown View Post
Aside from thinking some public heads-up could have gone a long way, I don't think the pace is particularly unusual from the activity I have witness on the site in the few years I've been around.
From a stepartist perspective, getting anything released in less than 2 years is a luxury already, so calling this particular delay a big disrespect to stepartists is a bit of an exaggeration.

I personally think taking longer to have all new files and the best possible tournament would be better but I also didn't have time to submit for easy batch in time so

Would be nice to have some information on what is still missing chart-wise and the appropriate way to send them over.
A bit of a short notice with the tournament coming up now but I might be able to get 1 or 2 easy files done in time.
I'm going through everything, it's gonna take me a lil bit to figure out what's needed where. From the quick peek in the easy batch I see what AJ meant. I think we have a major lack for D1 early D2 if you want to aim for those areas.

What most of you don't know is honestly, the majority of the tournaments I've run did not have every file slot filled out. I've had to improvise and fly by the seat of my pants a LOT. I just don't like being under all that pressure and with my health as it's been the last yearish and especially the last couple of months this isn't preferred, but I'll make it work as I always do.

With that said if people have files sitting in reserve still they haven't submitted for anything reach out to me and I'll poke as needed.
Old 07-27-2019, 07:29 PM   #214
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
I'm going through everything, it's gonna take me a lil bit to figure out what's needed where. From the quick peek in the easy batch I see what AJ meant. I think we have a major lack for D1 early D2 if you want to aim for those areas.

What most of you don't know is honestly, the majority of the tournaments I've run did not have every file slot filled out. I've had to improvise and fly by the seat of my pants a LOT. I just don't like being under all that pressure and with my health as it's been the last yearish and especially the last couple of months this isn't preferred, but I'll make it work as I always do.

With that said if people have files sitting in reserve still they haven't submitted for anything reach out to me and I'll poke as needed.
I also have a listing of the files currently in Accepted and CQ/Pending Fixes that I'll be providing. I'm looking forward to this Official Tournament
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 07:58 PM   #215
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Quote:
Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI View Post
I also have a listing of the files currently in Accepted and CQ/Pending Fixes that I'll be providing. I'm looking forward to this Official Tournament
Awesome, thanks much Dossar.
Old 07-27-2019, 10:25 PM   #216
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutotelicBrown View Post
I want to change this so much.

- Tosh 2014

gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 03:51 PM   #217
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Here's the spreadsheet for the tournament of aimed for difficulties. I grabbed the one from 2016 and tried to adjust it for the scale change to 110 so I may still be shifting some numbers. I'll be turning slots green as I fill them.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Old 07-31-2019, 05:42 PM   #218
ositzxz369
Venetian Snares stepper
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

The spreadsheet says stepfile slots for D4-D6 songs are available? If so, then BOY DO I HAVE A LOT (AKA - possibly 10).

Last edited by ositzxz369; 07-31-2019 at 06:09 PM..
ositzxz369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 06:35 PM   #219
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

Them D7 song ratings.

Imma die.

- Tosh 2014

gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 07:33 PM   #220
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Quote:
Originally Posted by ositzxz369 View Post
The spreadsheet says stepfile slots for D4-D6 songs are available? If so, then BOY DO I HAVE A LOT (AKA - possibly 10).
I just started going through and filling slots. I don't know what's needed yet