this was the twg I craved
Old 05-2-2019, 02:15 PM   #142
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
Stop.

Neither of you have played with Haku recently.

It wasn't surprising to see a certain level of Haku fixation from Daikyi given the fallout after that one FE game, but I didn't expect this from you too.
Making scornful comments isn't productive. Reread your comment if you disagree.

It's easy to focus on Haku's bad points and see little else. It's easy to make genuine sounding posts scorning Haku when you have genuine scorn towards his play, but neither are productive or even helpful to your own slots.

If the only thing you can direct towards that slot is derisive commentary, consider ignoring the slot for a portion of the remainder of day. Focus on anything else, because it gets hard to read your slots through it.
I feel now is as good a time as any to note that in reading Daikyi specifically I get the feeling that he's trying to keep an open mind on the slot despite personal reservations towards the player, which seems like it would come more from a townie mindset than a scum one if true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
Old 05-2-2019, 02:17 PM   #143
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradiant View Post
No reason to act all holier than thou. It was a small input on a discussion that was going on, not like I've been riding on him all game or anything lmao. chill
I get it fam I know it was your first post on the topic, but one post builds on another pretty quick and next thing you know you've got a mountain. You've seen it before, especially where he's concerned. Better to stop it early, no?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Old 05-2-2019, 02:19 PM   #144
Gradiant
FFR's Resident Trashpanda
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
I get it fam I know it was your first post on the topic, but one post builds on another pretty quick and next thing you know you've got a mountain. You've seen it before, especially where he's concerned. Better to stop it early, no?
We'll see later on I suppose, it depends on if that style of play continues and interactions with that later as well. Your reaction was insightful though.
Old 05-2-2019, 02:25 PM   #145
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Moving star off the table for today. In just the last turbo, her scumplay was "yay I don't have to solve", and here I'm seeing a thought process that seems like almost internally-directed solving rather than one motivated by an effort to *appear* like she's solving.

While she's spoke of a determination to win her next scumgame, and definitely has the adaptability to learn quick from last game, I don't see her producing genuine feeling trains of thought this quick. Not smart to write her off yet, but I think it's safe to move her out of the lynchpool for today

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-2-2019, 02:26 PM   #146
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

mellon-collie

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-2-2019, 02:28 PM   #147
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

that dash was supposed to be an underscore >.>

Yo Raeko there's been enough interaction to do your thing and charge up those feelers. Share some thoughts?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-2-2019, 02:32 PM   #148
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Well, looks like I gave something to talk about at least.

gtg work unfortunately.
Old 05-2-2019, 02:34 PM   #149
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
And with "always", is your sample size just the one game..?
I chuckled. Also, I'm digging the new avatar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
that and the concept of haku thinking very high of his own play, when he's usually also very high on self dep, is amusing to me
I chuckled some more

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-2-2019, 02:46 PM   #150
flashflash account
FFR Player

Star isn't town yet

I know I put her as town last page but
That's more of a guess with only three wolves

Sure she's more town than the turbo but that is not saying much

-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
I’ve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
Old 05-2-2019, 02:47 PM   #151
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Quote:
that dash was supposed to be an underscore >.>

Yo Raeko there's been enough interaction to do your thing and charge up those feelers. Share some thoughts?
I was about to yell at you, not for the vote but for the dash! but now you are forgiven

my thoughts so far would be I agree with you about star. I think she is playing towny so far and wouldn't vote for her today. When I think back to the game where she was a wolf I feel like it became obvious so I think that would probably happen again at some point if she is wolfing

I wish Haku were around to explain the worry of being in the same position as last game, given how it was really different :/ I just thought the way that was brought up was weird, but oh well

I don't really like how Roundbox has shown up but not really said anything meaningful. but obviously he's still at work so I don't want to hold that against him but just keeping note of it

I like YoshL because of his mindset, seems like he is thinking of town-y things. Obviously we picked up on the same weird thing about Haku but just in general I see what he is saying in his posts a lot and he seems towny

Also I think that you are very mean for voting for me

Sorry this post became long
Old 05-2-2019, 02:50 PM   #152
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

There's so much to read already
Old 05-2-2019, 02:50 PM   #153
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daikyi View Post
ok so from what i understand mml, you believe that i am padding, by offering up commentary on what i think someones doing in thread.

like, confirm that you believe thats padding more than someone spamming thread and talking about the previous game, as if the prev. game performance was somehow tightly linked to this game
No one would argue that what your posting is mechanically more insightful then anything Haku posts d0 in the history of ever (I love you Haku but you just shine better later on) but I think what Haku is fixated on and the manner he's going about it is telling specifically for him and his meta

That said I believe that giving general thoughts about Haku d0 is pure easy-mode and I was under the assumption that you knew Haku better then to really see anything worth commenting. That said, I will concede its been awhile for you too and you may not really hold that view.

Still What Haku says tells me about what he sees his role as where yours really didn't leave much of an impression other then d0 thoughts. Which is fine; it's much more then some people give on d0 and all that can be asked but I think it's funny you would call Haku's padding because at the end of the game your d0 thoughts are d0 thoughts.

Hence, your post is closer to padding then his.

If you want to see that remake of mine black/white (as you have accused me of doing to Haku's post) and read that as "He's calling my post padding!"....well, I'd say I don't think I would disagree with that assessment either, but again if it's been awhile since you've played with Haku and you're trying to reset the meta read then I'll concede your post serves a better purpose.

But I'll spoil the fun right now and you that Haku is still extremely easy to solve. He's the one d0 read I always nail right. I understand if what works for me isn't a good reason for you but that's where I am on him. Mechanics / slips would have to be made before I really think what he posted came from WolfHaku.

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 05-2-2019, 02:51 PM   #154
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

raeko you haven't ~_^ in your last couple of pictures and that's pretty wolfy
Old 05-2-2019, 02:52 PM   #155
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Can you give me an example of YoshL's towny things that you saw he was thinking of? Just curious

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-2-2019, 02:53 PM   #156
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Also @Star

We should aspire to be the shepherds of Town and guide the flock to victory, not the sheep that makes horrible votes because someone he sees as a good player got upset at someone else

Old 05-2-2019, 03:03 PM   #157
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

OK I'll be busy all day so here's some thoughts

I like that Shado is doing stuff

I remember Gradiant being more aggressive as town and was surprised that he didn't get into it with Shado

I think what Raeko says about Roundbox is incorrect as I always feel like he doesn't hardly play every d0 I play with him. Roundbox noshowing is null this early.

I don't know how pure Star's vote on me was but I am confident that the logic is bad

FFA acting like he doesn't know what he's doing is a skit I'm extremely interested in seeing develop, I guess.

Old 05-2-2019, 03:04 PM   #158
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Also signal boosting this because I too would greatly benefit in seeing this answered for my own reads

Quote:
Can you give me an example of YoshL's towny things that you saw he was thinking of? Just curious

Old 05-2-2019, 03:10 PM   #159
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Stop.

Neither of you have played with Haku recently.

It wasn't surprising to see a certain level of Haku fixation from Daikyi given the fallout after that one FE game, but I didn't expect this from you too.
Making scornful comments isn't productive. Reread your comment if you disagree.

It's easy to focus on Haku's bad points and see little else. It's easy to make genuine sounding posts scorning Haku when you have genuine scorn towards his play, but neither are productive or even helpful to your own slots.

If the only thing you can direct towards that slot is derisive commentary, consider ignoring the slot for a portion of the remainder of day. Focus on anything else, because it gets hard to read your slots through it.
is there a specific relevance to the bolded that would make haku's meta different that i should know about, or is it just the holdover thoughts aspect between those two
Old 05-2-2019, 03:11 PM   #160
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

wayward

dance for me
Closed Thread