Old 11-26-2016, 01:30 AM   #41
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan
Default Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Postgame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Mad Dummy View Post
was the rand completely random? including the number of wolves and neutrals?

just curious.
the # of wolves and neutrals is not the same kind of random as the actual rand was, but it is something that was certainly not set in stone

I don't wanna say too much if I'm gonna be doing a V2 of this
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 11-26-2016, 01:34 AM   #42
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

i didnt get to follow rb's reads and i'm sad that i didn't

Why are you here?
Old 11-26-2016, 01:40 AM   #43
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

Quote:
[1:03 AM] thesunfan: 5 living wolves and a third party that wins when they read the PM I sent them
[1:03 AM] thesunfan: go
[1:03 AM] Daikyi: lmfao
[1:03 AM] Daikyi: uh
[1:03 AM] Daikyi: wolves
[1:03 AM] Charu: Wait, really?
[1:03 AM] Charu: LMAO
[1:03 AM] Charu: Town's gonna freak
[1:03 AM] Daikyi: dfr, tokzic, indheart, prec, storn
[1:03 AM] Charu: Daaaaaaaamn
[1:04 AM] thesunfan: missing one
[1:04 AM] Daikyi: third party is mml?
[1:04 AM] Daikyi: idk the last
[1:04 AM] thesunfan: v
right after i died btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

Last edited by YoshL; 11-26-2016 at 01:41 AM..
Old 11-26-2016, 01:55 AM   #44
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

I just read wolfchat

I am ashamed that I invited V just so he could come in and advocate not posting

I hope you feel like ass for that, because you played like one

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 11-26-2016, 01:58 AM   #45
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
sorry xel
I was acting like a fucking loser all game, and when I saw the part about that I'd seer red I kinda understood what had happened. It's all good. I think another afk win is kinda stupid, but I could have played way better, so it's not like it wasn't avoidable.

Work / stupid bad mental state got in the way of me playing a good game. I actually meant it when I said "at least I won't have to check the thread anymore." Which just, isn't good and isn't really fair to you guys tbh.
Old 11-26-2016, 02:45 AM   #46
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

yoshl with the boss reads
Old 11-26-2016, 08:29 AM   #47
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
I just read wolfchat

lol he literally thought we'd win by slacking, which i guess is what happened considering i stuck my neck out there and got checked for it

inactivity legit made me salty this game; there's a place or two where i tagged all the wolves and they just kinda didn't show

wolves also missed a lot as you'll see if you read deadchat. like, a LOT. but shado/gs roleswap was cool and he totally called that we got fooled by it
Old 11-26-2016, 08:31 AM   #48
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
yoshl with the boss reads
seconded

i'm also surprised that i didn't get called in the game for posting the exact evidence for why i could see yoshl as a PR even if it was wrong

also gj blocking our rb
Old 11-26-2016, 08:58 AM   #49
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Ike View Post
Night 2
andy gives a 1-shot gun to ShadoWolfe
Tokzic Roleblocks andy (redirected onto Lar)
Pazzaz buses andy and Lar
e.g. here's something we missed, which should have told us pazz was not a 1shot, and that would have helped a lot. we're kind of lucky that none of his swaps really wrecked us

there was also a funny thing that came up which was what happens if pazz swaps shado and his target while he's tracking, and we ended up with e.g. "nee is green and visited shado" (and this was after V flipped as well)
Old 11-26-2016, 10:44 AM   #50
Wineandbread
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Endgame credits:

Reyson sang his swansong, amidst a camp of empty vessels. But despite his efforts to rejuvenate his team's battle morale, they were for naught.

Soren grew weary planning the battles to come. Bogged down by his comrade's conflicts, he took a small nap that would inevitably be his downfall.

Janaff decided to go on a scouting mission. Possibly with booze, as he needed to settle his nerves after his paranoia got the best of him. He never came back.

At the end of the day, Mist was still nowhere to be seen. One could say... enshrouded in mist. :sunglasses:

And Brom, whose generally calm and innocent demeanor won the hearts of many Greil Mercenaries, had been twisted into a foul psychopath by the Fire Emblem with no regard for human and laguz life. He cackled menacingly as Haar was taken away for questioning, knowing he'd won in the tearing apart the group from the inside.

The TWG_Ike one-shot him and Mist and ended the game. Cause Aether.

The end.
We climb up a lot of ladders, and fall down a lot of chutes.

Taking "all" oddjobs! PM me requests. Requests filled: 2 last active Mar. 6th, 2017

Keep it real pls. Will deny requests I cannot manage.

Old 11-26-2016, 12:26 PM   #51
andy-o24
Private Messages, please.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to andy-o24

Thanks for letting me play, friends. It was an interesting experience. Might join another next semester sometime.

-o24

When the game isn't fun for you anymore, take a break. It's not a job, nobody here is professional and getting paid to play and force themselves to constantly improve... it's a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post
Yeah, FFR is addicting...I don't think I'll get bored with this game unless I somehow become the best at it, which won't happen.
Old 11-26-2016, 06:38 PM   #52
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Hey bro thanks for dropping in. You actually did really well for a first timer (and a complicated setup)

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 11-27-2016, 03:05 PM   #53
Vendetta21
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Vendetta21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
I just read wolfchat

Even though it decimates my meta I literally absolutely hate playing wolf at this point and I just can't put any effort into it like I can with my human game. When I roll wolf I pretty much lose all enthusiasm
Old 11-27-2016, 03:07 PM   #54
Vendetta21
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

And to be fair my nearly untarnished wolf record remains the same after slacking to the high fucking heavens

Ugh I hate wolfing tho
Old 11-27-2016, 03:11 PM   #55
Vendetta21
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

i really only like playing vanillager
Old 11-27-2016, 03:11 PM   #56
Vendetta21
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

I apologize
Old 11-28-2016, 10:25 PM   #57
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

What a game... What a shitty ending though. Sorry for not being there to push mellon harder, lost service in the mountains and when I drove down to send an action during scheduled night phase I found that the game had already ended.

Mad Dummy can hate all he likes, but I really made just two questionable plays this game, and we were lucky in that none of them hurt town.

Aside from disappearing that last phase, the things I felt I could've done better were my reaction to dummy's guilty hypo, and my choice to watch gold stinger instead of clearing another player.

My reaction to dummy's guilty hypo: I totally outted myself as cop there, and was really surprised wolves didn't kill me for it. I wouldn't have reacted that way if he hadn't left that guilty check right as I was about to shoot, but I still could've done better there. I reevaluated his claim and read him town at the start of the next phase because it really seemed like his intentions were good, but I still think that his play was really bad in that given situation, with that timing.

Choosing to watch gold stinger: I had spent all night phase deliberating this, and had decided against it. I sent in an order to investigate+check Xel and was happy with that. Then, I started really overthinking things and went with a high-risk-high-reward play in watching gold stinger, assuming one of us would have to die after our lynch of inDheart. "Checking" an N0 check would be a terrible move, but watching a known green and semi-universal copread isn't nearly as bad and had a good chance of leading to a wolf. The reason I consider this to be a bad play is because I didn't fully take into account the heal staff and how it would potentially affect wolf choice. In retrospect, I'm still really glad I did that because it caused me to not investigate XelNya. If I had gotten a red report on Xel, I would've hardclaimed one day earlier and died after mislynching Xel as a result. That would've prevented me from ever investigating Mellon the next nightphase, and would've been a lot worse for town.

Speaking of Mellon, I'm extremely salty that she wasn't lynched. As town, voting in MYLO "for pressure" is garbage. All it takes is one town to vote a green for a mislynch to occur, so voting anything other than your top red is just lol. I don't know if your "lettuce lolshado" was misdirection or not for falling asleep after placing a garbage vote, but what you did there is a million times worse than anything I've done and you should feel bad about it.

On my XelNya wagon: I don't regret this, and I don't think it was a bad play. I didn't want to lynch pre or mel because they were both softcleared by negative association, and I was going to investigate one of them the followimg phase to be certain. I pushed Xel repeatedly, and he continued to respond only by crumbling further. He deserved to be lynched for playing badly, but I'm sorry that his play had to lead to that.

On wolves: GG. Your strategy won you this game, but if you keep taking the easy way out by playing an inactive strat then you will cost this site all its players. Using inactivity as a strategy is cancer. It means you aren't confident in being able to play as a wolf. It means you'd rather stay silent fpr a meaningless "win" than play the game. If you don't want to play the game, then stop signing up for games. If you keep doing this, there won't be an FFRTWG for you to play on because everyone will have left to play on more active platforms. I was excited to see V join this game, but it seems as though he returned only to encourage others in proliferating a cancer that will be the demise of this community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
Old 11-28-2016, 11:04 PM   #58
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
Choosing to watch gold stinger: I had spent all night phase deliberating this, and had decided against it. I sent in an order to investigate+check Xel and was happy with that. Then, I started really overthinking things and went with a high-risk-high-reward play in watching gold stinger, assuming one of us would have to die after our lynch of inDheart. "Checking" an N0 check would be a terrible move, but watching a known green and semi-universal copread isn't nearly as bad and had a good chance of leading to a wolf. The reason I consider this to be a bad play is because I didn't fully take into account the heal staff and how it would potentially affect wolf choice. In retrospect, I'm still really glad I did that because it caused me to not investigate XelNya. If I had gotten a red report on Xel, I would've hardclaimed one day earlier and died after mislynching Xel as a result. That would've prevented me from ever investigating Mellon the next nightphase, and would've been a lot worse for town.
i think your gamble on gs was a decent idea, you just picked the wrong night to do it, as we were trying to avoid andy's item getting used
Old 11-28-2016, 11:45 PM   #59
Precarious
Unacceptable
FFR Veteran

I want to apologize to everyone; I didn't intend to play via absence, and I was serious when I said I was hoping someone would kill me. It would have simplified things for everyone.

For what it's worth, my inactivity was not strategic. I really did start a new job, I really have been busy, and I did actually request to be replaced (although by that point there were no more replacement players available). Things have calmed down the last few days, but I still don't plan on doing any more TWG games until 2017.

So, again, sorry guys. Won't happen again.
Old 11-29-2016, 02:18 AM   #60
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
On wolves: GG. Your strategy won you this game, but if you keep taking the easy way out by playing an inactive strat then you will cost this site all its players. Using inactivity as a strategy is cancer. It means you aren't confident in being able to play as a wolf. It means you'd rather stay silent fpr a meaningless "win" than play the game. If you don't want to play the game, then stop signing up for games. If you keep doing this, there won't be an FFRTWG for you to play on because everyone will have left to play on more active platforms. I was excited to see V join this game, but it seems as though he returned only to encourage others in proliferating a cancer that will be the demise of this community.
i don't think this is the right takeaway here though; i think we as a playerbase can get better at policing inactivity

like AA said, policy lynch inactives (particularly the egregious cases), maybe try to read them if you need to pick between a couple
Closed Thread