Old 09-2-2009, 10:00 PM   #1981
Bill Kaulitz
FFR Player

Default Re: World of Warcraft

I just noticed that I could do Alterac Valley today. xD
First time there today and got second on the horde side.
Got a crap load of achievements too o_o
It was fun

♪ ♥ ♥ ♪

Bill Kaulitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-4-2009, 09:45 AM   #1982
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Paid same-faction race changes are happening... "soon."

Discuss. (also, lolracials)

hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-4-2009, 10:01 AM   #1983
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Man do I love the new 5-man and the Conquest-from-all change.

I was leveling an alt before 3.2, but resolved to stop it at 60 due to the changes in leveling for that level. I hit 80 in about a week of offtime while not playing my main. I had intended to make this druid feral/feral (cat/bear), but mainly cat.

About 3 runs through Heroic and 10-15 runs on Regular ToC, along with several other heroics and being carried through a Naxx or two, my druid is now a 31k hp unbuffed bear tank with 40% dodge and crit. Hit-capped and at 35 expertise. It took about a week.

This is excellent, because our guild has run out of spare tanks. We have one main tank and a bunch of characters who prefer DPS but will tank when they have to. Now we have two tanks who are Naxx25/Uld10 ready and it only took a week or two for both of us (Tsugo is the other one, by the way).

This wouldn't be possible without these changes, and that's why I was looking forward to them so much. It's wonderful being able to play an alt at 80 and get it caught up with the new content as soon as possible. I hear Tsugo offtanked Koralon after Wintergrasp last night, but it was pretty damn hard for him =p

Also, I hate cat DPS and I resolve to never do it again. In the heroics that Tsugo's warrior tank and I did together, we just both stayed tank. Our healer was a resto druid and just DPSed in resto gear because there wasn't a point in even throwing a heal out. Sure, it takes a little longer sometimes, but chain pulling with two tanks or just having one tank pull a DPS pack while the other tank charges past and starts threatting the next pack is just fun. The most fun I've had in a long time was having competitions to get to the next mob in CoS (I tended to win due to cat form + dash between long pulls--ended up pulling one about 15 seconds before the healer showed up once).
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-4-2009, 02:00 PM   #1984
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

During that Koralon fight, the problem is that it was hard for our main tank to move and build threat at the same time. The warlocks and hunters were always riding close to him on threat so I had to cycle Vigilance amongst them and intervene to them whenever the cooldown was up to decrease threat and charge right back to the boss to absorb magma fists. It wasn't difficult at all, it was just hard to make sure the tank could stay on top of threat.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-5-2009, 06:09 PM   #1985
xObserveRx
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to xObserveRx Send a message via MSN to xObserveRx

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsugomaru View Post
During that Koralon fight, the problem is that it was hard for our main tank to move and build threat at the same time. The warlocks and hunters were always riding close to him on threat so I had to cycle Vigilance amongst them and intervene to them whenever the cooldown was up to decrease threat and charge right back to the boss to absorb magma fists. It wasn't difficult at all, it was just hard to make sure the tank could stay on top of threat.

~Tsugomaru
Wow, you either have some super dps or that warrior needs more hit and expertise...

Also, I was trying a koralon run last night and ended up extremely frustrated with my group who died like 12 times. The problem (in my eyes) was that the tank seemed to be under the impression that the boss had to be constantly moving. This was alright for the most part, but the other tank (like 85% of people who play WoW) was incompetent and couldn't follow the MT around to help absorb meteor fist hits. The healers complained that the damage was too much and a whole lot of other things.

So my question is: What's the point of kiting the boss so much? I was a melee dps last night (normally I tank but there were two tanks already) and I had no problems avoiding the fire on the ground. I told the tank many times to only move when he was in the fire and HAD to. But he didn't listen. Was my group just adding extra complication to this fight?

P.S: I have a geared healer, tank and dps, I know how to play this game. I didn't see any sort of damage besides the meteor fist hits that seemed "difficult to heal through". I'm really wishing I had the capacity to play multiple characters at once; I'm sure I could do better than many of the people on my server who're only playing one...
xObserveRx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-5-2009, 06:15 PM   #1986
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

You kite the boss because he acts like grobbulus: he drops fire at his feet on occasion.

Also, Tsugo was in a pug, so I dunno how good or bad the tank was. When we did it with our guild after killing Anub in ToC, we one-shotted it with absolutely no problems whatsoever.
Old 09-5-2009, 10:37 PM   #1987
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Actually, I woudln't say he acts like grobbulus as a means of describing that mechanic, or rather, he acts more like Grobbulus' mutagen injection than he does the poison clouds.

He picks a random target, and hits them with a fire bolt that leaves a small zone of fire on the ground that causes damage. The tank(s) only need to move him when one or the other is the target of that flame attack ability.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-6-2009, 01:21 AM   #1988
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

We just tried Trial of the Grand Crusader.

I've been saying this a lot lately, but, it's impossible.

Never got to part 2 of the Beasts encounter, but I can tell you how much harder Gormok is. He does more damage, first of all. A lot more. This applies to impales too. Fire gives you a stacking debuff that lasts for a minute. One stack = 1000 damage per second. Each second you were in a fire adds another stack. The fire does more damage too. As do the snobolds.

If you take more than 2 minutes to kill him, the worms come out and join the fight. So, it's essentially an enrage timer.

Apparently the worms have added damage, the dots and debuffs are more painful, and the enraged ally can easily kill a tank. In Icehowl, the freezing breath does 30,000 damage (hits more than one of your healers = wipe) and you don't get a speed boost for the Charge.

I don't think any 10-man-only geared guilds are going to get this down. All of our DPSers are pulling over 4,000 and it's not enough.
Old 09-6-2009, 04:13 AM   #1989
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

Observer, the group I was in was actually pretty good. We had extremely capable healers who was able to keep every single person up throughout the fight. We had extremely good dps. There were two hunters and warlocks who were putting out high amounts of dps, and as such, they were close to the tank in threat. Our main tank, who was a bear, couldn't put up a high amount of threat, but I can see why that may be the case. He had to move Koralan around and was probably panning his camera around to make sure he moved him at the right time and to the right place. That would hurt his ability to generate threat. The off-tank, me, the warrior tank, decided to help him out by reducing the threat on the warlocks and hunters. Most of the time, I just stood next to him and stayed second on threat, but after Meteor Fists, I would intervene to the dps top on threat to reduce their threat slightly. I would also move my Vigilance around if the dps got too high above the tank so that they would generate less threat and allow our main tank to catch up.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-6-2009, 04:09 PM   #1990
Sullyman2007
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Sullyman2007

I went and did 25ToC with my friends guild on Thursday and we got through the entire beast encounter and Lord Jaraxxus in one shot. We then attempted Faction Champions and had a raid wipe in like 30 seconds. The Shaman puts out ridiculous healing.

We're trying again tonight so hopefully we will clear it.
Sullyman2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-6-2009, 06:18 PM   #1991
Gun92
The Paragon of Perfection
FFR Veteran

I'm excited, I have a job interview tomorrow and hopefully I get the job which means I can finally come back and play again. Fingers crossed.
Gun92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-6-2009, 06:49 PM   #1992
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullyman2007 View Post
I went and did 25ToC with my friends guild on Thursday and we got through the entire beast encounter and Lord Jaraxxus in one shot. We then attempted Faction Champions and had a raid wipe in like 30 seconds. The Shaman puts out ridiculous healing.

We're trying again tonight so hopefully we will clear it.
Story of our lives. Fights 1 and 2 are a joke. Faction Champs is just insanely hard in 25 man. It's viciously overtuned. In 10-man, we can usually win without anyone dying at all. It's really easy.

You need to burn down the three healers ASAP. Use your tanks and/or DKs to keep the melee characters busy (chains of ice has no diminishing returns and is the most OP skill in that fight ever). If you have the druid healer, use a warlock to banish, banish, fear, fear, and repeat. The CC refreshes itself. You need interrupters, magic cleansers, amazing healers, quick reactions, and huge DPS.
Old 09-7-2009, 11:10 PM   #1993
Sullyman2007
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Sullyman2007

I love it when people say I'm a ****ty healer when they put out 900 dps.

p.s couldn't finish 25ToC not enough people online

also what does it mean when someone calls you a scrub
Sullyman2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-9-2009, 06:50 PM   #1994
hi19hi19
lol happy

Koralon is a joke. Hes moderately hard to heal (lolhigh aoe damage when the stacks start to build up), trivial to tank (just need decent gear), and even trivial-er to dps (dont stand in fyars hurf durf)

Heroic Coliseum beasts are hugely overtuned... Once you kill them, getting to Anub in heroic should not be a problem at all.
25man Faction Champs is retardedly hard

My subscription ends in 1 week and college has started :X

btw Scrub = u suck
It's not a good thing. btw how the hell do you put out 900 dps? unless you arent talking about @ lvl80, because im pretty sure i was doing more than 900 by like, 75ish in quest greens and blues...

Last edited by hi19hi19; 09-9-2009 at 06:54 PM..
hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 02:53 AM   #1995
Sir Psycho
FFR Player

Gave up tanking, I'm Fury on Tessel now; http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...lneas&n=tessel

And my paladin is now a tank; http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...s&n=aglophobia
Sir Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 12:08 AM   #1996
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Finally did Undying, 9-manned the whole way through. Nice to know people who are capable of walking around Thaddeus and dancing successfully.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:02 AM   #1997
Sir Psycho
FFR Player

I've basically given up on raiding, arenas are 10x more fun for me.

My 2s rating is 1754 and my 3s rating is at 1820(pr is 1690 because Ret/Arms/RestoD sucks or w/e).
Sir Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:23 PM   #1998
ImEric12
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ImEric12

I got my violet proto-drake =)

As such, I'm done with the game for now.

ImEric12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:33 PM   #1999
Gun92
The Paragon of Perfection
FFR Veteran

2 Job interviews...so hopefully I can get a job, I want to play big time.

2000th post of this thread...neat!
Gun92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:41 PM   #2000
Bill Kaulitz
FFR Player

Woot! I just got the Dire BrewFest Achievement
I healed my guild party, and holy crap he was hard D:

♪ ♥ ♥ ♪

Bill Kaulitz is offline   Reply With Quote