FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean
Default Re: Dog's Super Smash Bros. Brawl Ladder

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbiemonGoesRaWr View Post
If WTF is really a girl...
I want her awesome Brawling skills.
Power to you.
I'm no representation at all of the fact that females can play video games, too AND be good at it. D:
*envy*

EDiT:
Afro... sorry about earlier.
That 4-for-all...
Jordan said you were pretty "peeved".
Sorry for chain-grabbing on you, I guess. :\
Uhhh. Just please don't type up a huge flame post on me please.
Honestly, Jordan and I guess you now are the only ones I know who make a big deal out of chain-grabbing, so idk. >.>
I'm not saying you shouldn't if it bothers you. I'm saying that since there aren't many people who seem to be completely irritated of it, I do it.
It's a technique. Like wavedashing on Melee... maybe an "annoying technique" like Jordan stated on AiM; but, still.
Anyways. Sorry. ._.
It was just ****ty to do. It was a match that didn't matter, I was fooling around on a character I'm not even comfortable with, you were almost certainly going to win regardless. All you doing that did was cut the match short.

And that was my last match before bed. I wanted to get as much play out of it as I could, and I didn't wanna get cheapshotted in the final stretch, particularly when I was sure I'd be losing anyway.

Quote:
i dont understand at all, its like saying 'stop comboing me'
Combos are, by nature, escape-able (even if the escape is something as stupid as an airdodge). Chain grabs, by nature, are inescapable (the good ones, anyway). The only way to avoid a good chain grab is to not get trapped in it in the first place, and trust me, it's not like I go around asking to be grabbed in the first place.

In addition, I was fooling around with ****ing Luigi, it was my final stock and she was clearly leading. I wouldn't expect to be cheapshotted like that in a match whose outcome is irrelevant to ANYTHING, particularly with how vocal I've been about my feelings about cheap **** in friendly matches. Again, if it was a ladder match or a tournament, I'd be offended if you didn't go all out, but to bring it to a meaningless match for fun just rips fun from the match and cuts the match short.
Old 07-1-2008, 10:37 AM   #2603
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

Afro, I got up extra early, and you're already in bed =/

Anyone else up for games, feel free to join. I have a room up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
DarkManticoreX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-1-2008, 03:28 PM   #2604
dogdude84
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Games were fun manti, sorry I had to leave to get my haircut during that last one.

Tournament Wins:
Cry4eternity's First Tournament (Standard division)

^lulz^

Super Smash Bros. Brawl LADDER

^ScArY^
dogdude84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-1-2008, 03:58 PM   #2605
Suicidalfatman
Claws are better to FFR
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Suicidalfatman

kk dogdude..sui wants his assist trophy,

Highest AAA ~ Musicmaker Rx (52) 1-24-2015
Portalbob340's Round Robin Tournament (Div. 3) -> 1st
Trumpet63’s “Divisionless” Tournament -> 15th
Suicidalfatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-1-2008, 04:08 PM   #2606
GutsyBat
FFR Player

Hey Afro, if the match didn't matter at all than who cares that abbie did chain grabbing. It isn't like it was a ladder match and you lost your spot. If it was her KD3 chain you can avoid that pretty easily. I think you are just looking for a reason to complain. Chain grabbing IS quite annoying but can be avoided. Just because YOU can't doesn't make it unavoidable. On a side note. I might be getting back into these whole ladder matches I've taken a break from Brawl to play the Metal Gear Solid games and I'm almost done with them.
Old 07-1-2008, 04:41 PM   #2607
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GutsyBat View Post
Hey Afro, if the match didn't matter at all than who cares that abbie did chain grabbing.
Because that was my last match and I wanted to get all of it I could out of it, and I don't appreciate being cheap shotted when I'm already going to lose anyway.

Also: cut the stupid ass short hand that makes no sense. What the **** could KD3 POSSIBLY mean. Shorthand should be short, but still decipherable, not **** that makes no sense.
Old 07-1-2008, 04:42 PM   #2608
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Afro, I'm terrible with ness halp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 07-1-2008, 05:07 PM   #2609
Shamo0
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Shamo0

Don't get chaingrabbed.

If every character had the ability to chain grab, EVERYONE would be doing it and thus would play more cautiously. If you're playing against a char that is good at chain grabbing be prepared. IMO even if it is a fun match, I'm still going to do all I can to win. Things can be fun, but I still want to improve so I'm prepared for when I do play other serious players.

Nintendo Network ID: BigBadShamoo
Shamo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-1-2008, 05:13 PM   #2610
ddrapper25
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ddrapper25 Send a message via Yahoo to ddrapper25

moo i wanna challenge for your spot

ddrapper25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-1-2008, 05:55 PM   #2611
abbiemonGoesRaWr
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
It was just ****ty to do. It was a match that didn't matter, I was fooling around on a character I'm not even comfortable with, you were almost certainly going to win regardless. All you doing that did was cut the match short.

And that was my last match before bed. I wanted to get as much play out of it as I could, and I didn't wanna get cheapshotted in the final stretch, particularly when I was sure I'd be losing anyway.

Combos are, by nature, escape-able (even if the escape is something as stupid as an airdodge). Chain grabs, by nature, are inescapable (the good ones, anyway). The only way to avoid a good chain grab is to not get trapped in it in the first place, and trust me, it's not like I go around asking to be grabbed in the first place.

In addition, I was fooling around with ****ing Luigi, it was my final stock and she was clearly leading. I wouldn't expect to be cheapshotted like that in a match whose outcome is irrelevant to ANYTHING, particularly with how vocal I've been about my feelings about cheap **** in friendly matches. Again, if it was a ladder match or a tournament, I'd be offended if you didn't go all out, but to bring it to a meaningless match for fun just rips fun from the match and cuts the match short.
Yeah well I didn't know you were uncomfortable with Luigi. Before yesterday I had only played you once like what? 3/4 months ago? So it's not like I knew it would've been easy for me to chaingrab you and get an easy win by chaingrabbing you or anything. I thought he was a new main or something. :/
Honestly, if I knew, I wouldn't have chaingrabbed, because I see where you're coming from, too.
Jordan also told me you guys were just playing some friendlies. I didn't know that either and I always play my best unless I'm asked not to or know it's not a serious game.

Anyways... if it's fine with you; can we have some real matches some time? I just don't want you to all of a sudden think I'm some big cheapo. It's not like I chaingrab 75% of the time during a match with Dedede I still use a variety of his other moves, too. :/ I rely more on his side smashes, actually. :/ I only chaingrabbed once out of the one match I had with you.
+ I'm sure if you used Pikachu, which I guess is still your only main, then I'm sure you'd be able to avoid a chaingrab if I tried, I understand why you got frustrated with the fact that I chain grabbed you while you were a character you don't feel comfortable with.

Last edited by abbiemonGoesRaWr; 07-1-2008 at 05:59 PM..
abbiemonGoesRaWr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-1-2008, 05:57 PM   #2612
Jor-Dan_the_greatest
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Jor-Dan_the_greatest Send a message via Yahoo to Jor-Dan_the_greatest

Quote:
What the **** could KD3 POSSIBLY mean.
it definitely means King Dedede

King DeDeDe
^.....^..^..^..

K D D D
KD3

EDIT: btw calm the HECK down... jeez...

Last edited by Jor-Dan_the_greatest; 07-1-2008 at 06:02 PM..
Jor-Dan_the_greatest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-1-2008, 06:06 PM   #2613
ddrapper25
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

i wanna play somebody

Old 07-1-2008, 08:47 PM   #2614
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny

I'm getting in the shower and when i get out i'll be able to play some matches if anyones down. I'm not sure how well i'll do since i never play anymore but i'll be using toon link.

EDIT: I'm ready whenever whoever is.

EDIT: Damn it lol. I brought my only controller left at my house to my friends so i can't play anyway. My bad.

Last edited by korny; 07-1-2008 at 09:32 PM..
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-1-2008, 09:52 PM   #2615
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrapper25 View Post
wow GG's abbie. didnt think id improve that much since playin ya. well, do you think i improved?
hey manti, can i challenge you with the once a week thing?
Tommorow after 7 would be fine. or thursday after 2.

Edit: blar korny i just got off =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Old 07-1-2008, 09:54 PM   #2616
ddrapper25
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

all right then i'll be there

Old 07-2-2008, 12:52 AM   #2617
GutsyBat
FFR Player

Quote:
Because that was my last match and I wanted to get all of it I could out of it, and I don't appreciate being cheap shotted when I'm already going to lose anyway.

Also: cut the stupid ass short hand that makes no sense. What the **** could KD3 POSSIBLY mean. Shorthand should be short, but still decipherable, not **** that makes no sense.
Actually Afro, most people know what KD3 means but meh seems you are slipping in your old age. Back on maple you would have destroyed me with a long ass comment. but yeah who cares if it was your last match grow some nads and get over it <3
Old 07-2-2008, 12:56 AM   #2618
Jor-Dan_the_greatest
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Jor-Dan_the_greatest Send a message via Yahoo to Jor-Dan_the_greatest

'...
Old 07-2-2008, 11:58 AM   #2619
Suicidalfatman
Claws are better to FFR
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Suicidalfatman

well seems that this forum is dying faster and faster

Highest AAA ~ Musicmaker Rx (52) 1-24-2015
Portalbob340's Round Robin Tournament (Div. 3) -> 1st
Trumpet63’s “Divisionless” Tournament -> 15th
Suicidalfatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-2-2008, 12:22 PM   #2620
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamo0 View Post
Don't get chaingrabbed.

If every character had the ability to chain grab, EVERYONE would be doing it and thus would play more cautiously. If you're playing against a char that is good at chain grabbing be prepared. IMO even if it is a fun match, I'm still going to do all I can to win. Things can be fun, but I still want to improve so I'm prepared for when I do play other serious players.
I can see what you're saying, but it was a 4 way fight, I was luigi (who I clearly suck with), and she was a clinch to win regardless. And that was the first time she had even tried it the whole match, when I was the last one left, about to die on my final stock.

Quote:
I thought he was a new main or something.
rofl

That was seriously funny. If I was going to pick a new main (tip: will never happen), I definitely wouldn't go for him. If anything, I'd lean toward ROB I think, but there's still a few things I need to perfect with him. Maybe Toon Link, since bombing folks is really satisfying. Snake has been fun playing against CPU, but I don't think I would ever be able to stand a chance against because of his slowness and the fact that I have a hard time focusing to do forward momentum reverse aerials when my opponent is not a CPU.

Quote:
Jordan also told me you guys were just playing some friendlies.
Yeah, we were doing randoms haha.

Quote:
can we have some real matches some time?
If you're ever on in the morning maybe. I almost always sleep in the evening, and if I'm up in the afternoon, it probably means I'm shooting myself in the foot and making it so I'll only get like 5 hours of sleep. Like right now, it's 1:15 PM and I have to get going for work in about 9 hours. But I couldn't go to bed right now if I tried.

Quote:
I'm sure you'd be able to avoid a chaingrab if I tried
I hope so... I would have at least had a fighting chance at it. I'm pretty clueless with Luigi... out of the random plays I've been doing lately, I think that was my first time getting Luigi, so before that, I probably hadn't touched Luigi since completing the story mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GutsyBat View Post
Actually Afro, most people know what KD3 means but meh seems you are slipping in your old age. Back on maple you would have destroyed me with a long ass comment. but yeah who cares if it was your last match grow some nads and get over it <3

If anything, it's probably more to do with having about half as much time these days than I used to. Went from working 3~4 days a week to 6, every week (which is 52 hours or more every week). It ****ing sucks, and sorry if I wanted to get a little more enjoyment out of my little bit of freetime I had available, particularly when I'm normally limited to 1 player brawls against CPU.

EDIT: Incidentally, I'm available for play right now. Gonna do some offline CPU matches in the mean time, but if you post here or something I'll get online.

Last edited by Afrobean; 07-2-2008 at 01:17 PM..
Afrobean is offline   Reply With Quote