Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2008, 02:07 AM   #1
dogdude84
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Dog's Super Smash Bros. Brawl Ladder

(7/4): 4th of July Event!!!

Get ready to wave those flags and light some sparklers!! It's Cracker Launcher time!

In order to obtain this item, you must play a FFA match (4 people), Timed: 4 mins, Stage: Final Destination, with the only item being the Cracker Launcher, set to "high". Get ready for some insane fun

Win, and you get the Cracker Launcher. Item yet to be explained, but it will be worth winning your match for it.

Special Event #5: Defeat God!

Winners = abbiemonGoesRaWr, KyokiBPM600, Gray Fox, Temote, WolfXHunter, OmniOstrich, DarkManticoreX2

These lucky people have won an Assist Trophy! For defeating God, he has decided to lend you some of his power. If you have not taken your shot at defeating God yet (me, dogdude84), please inform him via PM or AIM (dogdude84) if you would like to challenge him! The Assist Trophy is explained in the Items section.

~Credit to WolfXhunter for creating this banner~

~All "Category" banners are courtesy of abbiemonGoesRaWr!! Much Thanks!!~

It's fairly simple.

In the following example, the number represents your ranking, 1 being the best...

1. Dogdude84
2. JoeSchmoe
3. BillyJean
4. YourMom

You may challenge the player that is directly above you on the ladder, or the player 2 spots above you. If you win, you take their spot, bumping them down a rung.

You may challenge the #1 ranked player once a week. This does not apply to ranks 2 and 3.

YourMom challenged JoeSchmoe and won...

1. Dogdude84
2. YourMom
3. JoeSchmoe
4. BillyJean

Suggestion: PM the player you would like to challenge as well as posting in this thread. People don't always read every post in here, so a PM is a more sure-fire way of grabbing their attention.

K, so I just had a cool idea to make a ladder as a ranking system for those of us that play SSBB. Simply post your Brawl Friend Code in here, and you'll be all signed up. This thread will be ongoing, as you will always want to fight for the top spot to prove that you're the best of the best!!

If it is your FIRST match on the ladder, you may challenge ANY ranked player. You can go big and try to beat the #1 player, or maybe be a little more cautious and challenge a lower rank.

If you WIN your FIRST match, you take that players spot and they move down 1. If you LOSE your first match, you will be placed at the bottom of the ladder (where you must then work your way up).

If you complete a match that didn't involve a challenge to an already ranked player, you and your opponent will be placed at the bottom of the ladder, winner above the loser. This is not a punishment, I just wanted an alternative method for ranking yourself if you didn't feel like challenging someone already ranked.

dogdude84 (Cam): 2406-4853-5455
Items: awesomeness

Jor-Dan the greatest: 0731-4471-3662
Items: none

abbiemonGoesRaWr (iFò×°): 3652-0206-4326
Items:

DarkManticoreX2: 3136-6310-8699
Items:

Temote: 3780-8698-1847
Items:

norge1 (WILL): 1461-5887-8033
Items:

Gray Fox (Gould): 0688-5044-7217
Items:

OmniOstrich: 3652-0277-5638
Items:

WTFBrandon: 2449-4477-9623
Items:

Suicidalfatman: 1977-0684-3061
Items:

Lone Kitsune: 0903-2530-8478
Items:

Shamo0: 5112-3099-6407

WolfXhunter (Stevo): 0946-2604-1841
Items:

garciak46: 1805-2500-9432

Fire Lilly (Fyrie): 1805-2296-6781
Items:

ddrapper25: 5026-5419-6112
Items:

KyokiBPM600: 0516-6935-9849
Items:

Extremex: 0903-3590-8687

Jity: 2707-1651-7038

zidart: 0688-4915-5877

GutsyBat: 3179-7183-9654

inezuka-tazuna: 0731-4471-3662

my_cursed_guts:

Kentakun: 3952-6673-3242

Prince_Camo: 2191-7814-0107
Items: Bob-omb

hardboiledovaries: 0817-3556-5737

korny: 5327-1221-6884
Afrobean: 4038-5674-6863
Tonberry_Kid: 2835-9834-5368
dooey100: 2750-0865-7835
skilledbrawl (zane): 2234-7029-2118
flamejosh1 (silen): 4639-8669-3080
iRockZelda: 1504-5409-9289
Shoe The Almighty: 4296-2769-5177
EI_Tizzy (PPX): 1719-2887-4102
vashthestampede0987: 0001-2965-1247
noiguy25: 5241-1691-7432
Karnivor: 3609-1352-8106
EyedPea: 3394-3953-1820
ScaryArrows.. (Jono%): 0602-6909-6877
virus003: 0774-4555-3221
suttymon_goes_BOO (SuTty): 5327-0709-2732
TerminusEst13: 5069-3582-8543

DarkManticoreX2 (4x)
OmniOstrich (2x)
Gray Fox
KyokiBPM600
JorDan the greatest (2x)
WolfXhunter (5x)
abbiemonGoesRaWr (5x)
Lone Kitsune
Temote (2x)
Suicidalfatman (5x)
norge1 (4x)
WTFBrandon
Shamo0
garciak46
ddrapper25 (2x)
Fire Lilly (3x)
hardboiledovaries
zidart (2x)
inezuka-tazuna
my_cursed_guts
GutsyBat
Prince_Camo

~abbiemonGoesRaWr did the item images too! She must be good at graphics :P~

These will be awarded as prizes from Special Events that will take place every now and then. New items will be introduced in time. What's next? A Fire Flower, or Bob-omb perhaps? Only time, and more special events, will tell.

No item stacking! You may only use 1 item per match.

Mushroom : Use this item to grow in size!
-You will be able to reach higher up the ladder to challenge anyone you’d like!
-Its alternate use is to squash your foe! If you lost a match but don’t want to move down the ladder, simply use this to keep them in their place.

Smoke Ball : This item will force your opponent's characters to be chosen at random!!
-PM dogdude84 when using this. He will respond with a random selection of characters that your opponent must use.
-If your opponent uses characters other than those chosen (at random) by dog, it's a loss for each infraction.
-This may be used when challenged as well, to disadvantage the challenger.

Fire Flower : Use this to burninate your opponent!
-Your opponent must set their handicap to 50% for each game of a match.

Assist Trophy : This item allows you to fight as a team with a computer player against your enemy.
-Set it to teams and join the team of a Level 5 CPU for ONE game of a match.

Bob-omb: Blast that sucker to pieces!
-Use this and if you win, whoever you challenged falls TWO spots on the ladder if beaten.
-BUT this item is a double-edged sword. If you lose the challenge, YOU fall two spots!!

Cracker Launcher: ???

If you are challenged to a match by the player below you, you MUST accept. If you refuse to play them it's a forfeit. If you do not respond and complete the match within a period of 1 week, it's a loss as well. For this to occur, the challenger must have PM'd the player they wanted to challenge. This is up to my discretion though. If I can see you've been active on FFR but haven't done your challenge, you lose. But if you've been busy and haven't had time to complete a challenge, I might simply freeze you.

If you are inactive for a period of one month (without notice), you will be removed from your ranked position on the ladder. Your name and friend code will turn gray/italics on the player list.

If you have joined the Ladder but haven't played a match in a month (you aren't ranked), you will be taken off the list. You will see red text next to your name in the Player List if you have not completed a match yet. You can always state that you'd like to join again...this is just for maintenence purposes.

If you must leave for vacation or know that you will not be around for an extended period of time (longer than 1 week) to check this thread for challenges, simply PM me and I will "freeze" your position on the ladder. This means that players may simply skip your name and challenge the player above you. You will not move up or down on the ladder when frozen. Your name will be displayed in blue italics.

To make things simple, matches will be as follows...

Stock: 4 lives
Items: None
Character: Your choice
Stage: (See stage list)

However, if you and your opponent can come to an agreement on a different match style, different items, etc, you are free to do that. It must be posted in this thread though.

Matches are to be best 2 out of 3. When challenging the #1 ranked player, matches will be best 3 out of 5.

NO goon/item farming while using Dedede. If caught doing so, that particular game will count as a loss for you. He's still playable though.

You may choose from any of the following stages when playing a match. Again, if you and your opponent wish to play one not on this list, you must post it before you begin your match.

Brawl Stages:------------Melee Stages:

Battlefield----------------Temple
Final Destination----------Yoshi's Island
Delfino Plaza--------------Onett
Yoshi's Island-------------Pokemon Stadium
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 2
Castle Siege
Smashville
Skyworld
Hanenbow
Shadow Moses Island
Green Hill Zone

You should be able to agree upon a time slot that you both can be online to complete a match.

You may challenge 5 players a week. If you are challenged, you must accept, and it doesn't count toward your total of 5. The max number of challenges you can accept is 5 as well. (This might very well change)

A disconnect will result in 1 loss. If you do not follow the match setup, you will be DQ'd and move down a spot on the ladder.

The winner must PM me saying they won, or the loser saying they lost. Either one works, if I get 2 PMs, so be it. Please be HONEST. I don't want to deal with any drama.

The Ladder will be updated as often as possible, and at the very least, once a day.

IDK, my BFF Jill?

I have lots of other random ideas floating around in my head.

FEEDBACK

As this ladder gets on its feet, I would love to hear from all of you as far as constructive criticism, suggestions, or simply thoughts on this thread/idea in general.

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!!!!

Updates:

Constantly updating, check this OP frequently!

Archives:

Special Event #1 (1000th Post Party): Mushrooms for all members that were currently on the ladder.
Special Event #2 (1000): Banner contest (main banner), WolfXHunter - Item = Smoke Ball
Special Event #3 (2000th Post/100th Page Party): Jordan lost his Wiimote, Prince_Camo - Item = ???
Special Event #4 (2000/100): Fire Flower, person who could make the most words out of "Flower Power". WolfXHunter (137 words) - Item = Fire Flower
Special Event #5 (2000/100): abbiemonGoesRaWr, KyokiBPM600, Gray Fox, Temote, WolfXHunter, OmniOstrich, DarkManticoreX2, TBD - Item = Assist Trophy
Special Event #6: 4th of July, Item = Cracker Launcher

Tournament Wins:
Cry4eternity's First Tournament (Standard division)

^lulz^

Super Smash Bros. Brawl LADDER

^ScArY^

Last edited by dogdude84; 07-9-2008 at 08:20 PM..
dogdude84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:47 AM   #2
Bynary Fission
Retired One-Hander
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Dog's Super Smash Bros. Brawl Ladder

This seems very interesting. Put me in.

P.S Sounds like a good way to determine the best players on FFR if enough join.

~Bynary Fission

https://soundcloud.com/bynary-fission/battle-tower-royale-title-theme
Bynary Fission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 06:59 AM   #3
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Some of us have busy lives. I would say that the person should have around a week in which to act, and maybe have some sort of system whereby persons who have been AWOL can perhaps challenge back to their position that they held before going MiA. Or maybe just have a means of if someone loses multiple rungs due to inactivity to just let them challenge up a few rungs, but not necessarily all the way up to where they were.

Also, I would say that it should be absolute: no items or all items. Giving people a choice can only serve to monkeywrench it up. Stages aren't as big of an issue since any of them which might be unfair would be easily identified and readily avoided by the player's if they so choose.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:11 PM   #4
dogdude84
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Took Afro's advice and changed the "match style" section.

What I'd like to hear about most are thoughts on "Inactivity" and "Challenge Limits".

Any other comments/ideas/suggestions are welcome of course.

Tournament Wins:

^lulz^

^ScArY^
Old 03-31-2008, 02:37 PM   #5
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny

Talked to my probation officer today about rescheduling my jail time because i had to fly out and see my grandpa before he died XD. If my mom hadn't lied for me then i'd be there right now.

This sounds cool. Except I can only play online during the weekends because that's when my friend comes into town and my wireless internet hasn't been working for the past couple weeks at my house. But yeah sounds cool.
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 05:26 PM   #6
Go_Oilers_Go
<<Insert Title Here>>
FFR Veteran

I suppose I could give it a try. However, it might be best to establish "regions" so to speak since Wi-Fi has been proven to be more laggy if you're playing someone halfway across the world.
Go_Oilers_Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:36 PM   #7
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Oilers_Go View Post
I suppose I could give it a try. However, it might be best to establish "regions" so to speak since Wi-Fi has been proven to be more laggy if you're playing someone halfway across the world.
Rather than this, how about an option to skip a rung if the person immediately above you has been established to cause unbearable lag.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:39 PM   #8
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

I agree with afro. There aren't really enough brawl players to establish a regional ranking to begin with anyway. If EVERYONE i've seen who's posted in the brawl friend codes list looks into this, that's maybe 50 people. Assuming everyone even looks into this.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:25 PM   #9
marioGP87
Shiny Zoroa :')
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to marioGP87 Send a message via Yahoo to marioGP87

I'll send the link to my friend's brawl code here right now . he doesn't mind a challenge with a couple of pros hehe...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjTNIilFi3A

sorry if the screen is full of lines

Best AAA: Famouz (HEAVY UNLOCK!)
marioGP87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-1-2008, 04:50 PM   #10
dogdude84
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marioGP87 View Post
I'll send the link to my friend's brawl code
Would your friend like to join this ladder?

Tournament Wins:

^lulz^

^ScArY^
Old 04-1-2008, 05:47 PM   #11
Bynary Fission
Retired One-Hander
FFR Veteran

I forgot, I never posted my Brawl code. Here it is: 3179-5777-9144.

~Bynary Fission

https://soundcloud.com/bynary-fission/battle-tower-royale-title-theme
Bynary Fission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-1-2008, 12:46 AM   #12
dooey100
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

In. I'll get my FC tomorrow.

I definately agree with allowing more time for challenges, a week sounds good to me. Its hard to set up games sometimes.

I would also suggest being able to challenge people more then 1 spot above you, in a similar ladder I was once in we allowed up to 5 people, but 3 might make more sense with this type of game (The other one was Advance wars online, where matches could take weeks. We also let you challenge 2 people at once)
I suppose it also depends on how many people join.
dooey100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-1-2008, 01:15 PM   #13
dogdude84
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I've taken the suggestion of allowing a week for matches, seems better.

Also, dooey's idea of allowing players to challenge more than just the spot above them is a good one. I was actually considering this, so I've decided to modify it. You may now challenge the person above you, or the person 2 spots above you. This way, if you "leap over" someone on the ladder by challenging above them, that person still has a chance to challenge you.

If a lot of people join this ladder, you might be allowed to challenge 3 spots above.

I would like people to begin posting Brawl Friend Codes so I can get a list going. Once I have a decent number of people, I will allow matches to begin and the ladder ranking will start.

Tournament Wins:

^lulz^

^ScArY^
Old 04-1-2008, 03:05 PM   #14
skilledbrawl
FFR Player

i also believe this to be an interesting idea... for those of us who play occasionally... my fc is 2234 7029 2118 and username is zane

Last edited by skilledbrawl; 04-1-2008 at 03:05 PM.. Reason: add me words
skilledbrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-3-2008, 03:36 PM   #15
skilledbrawl
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogdude84 View Post
I've taken the suggestion of allowing a week for matches, seems better.

Also, dooey's idea of allowing players to challenge more than just the spot above them is a good one. I was actually considering this, so I've decided to modify it. You may now challenge the person above you, or the person 2 spots above you. This way, if you "leap over" someone on the ladder by challenging above them, that person still has a chance to challenge you.

If a lot of people join this ladder, you might be allowed to challenge 3 spots above.

I would like people to begin posting Brawl Friend Codes so I can get a list going. Once I have a decent number of people, I will allow matches to begin and the ladder ranking will start.

dude ur hyperlink ladder goes to the same page its already on

THE REALM OF DARKNESS SHALL CAST IT'S SPELL, BOUNDING YOUR SOUL TO MINE... UNITING US AS ONE.!!!
skilledbrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-2-2008, 11:15 AM   #16
Jor-Dan_the_greatest
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Jor-Dan_the_greatest Send a message via Yahoo to Jor-Dan_the_greatest

0731-4471-3662

PREPARE TO win LOSE
Jor-Dan_the_greatest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-2-2008, 12:28 PM   #17
marioGP87
FFR Veteran

He says sure. he says to comment on his video (the link in my previous post), to tell him when. and my friend was wondering if you have a youtube account. reply in his video .

Old 04-2-2008, 01:22 PM   #18
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Tell him to just make an ffr account.
Old 04-2-2008, 01:29 PM   #19
dogdude84
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marioGP87 View Post
He says sure. he says to comment on his video (the link in my previous post), to tell him when. and my friend was wondering if you have a youtube account. reply in his video .
Quote:
Originally Posted by korny View Post
Seriously, lol.

Tournament Wins:

^lulz^

^ScArY^
Old 04-2-2008, 08:48 PM   #20
marioGP87
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by korny View Post
he use to. he doesn't play FFR anymore . He goes to Youtube instead. Very rarely he goes on FFR. His account was danceman360 (no not danceguy!!!)