Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-2018, 03:17 AM   #1
Kinx
Replicaaaaaaaa!
FFR Simfile Author

Default Vox Box Submissions Thread

Welcome to the submissions thread for Vox Box

This is a 6k/solo only pack (sorry, 4k fellas! I still love you) and will emphasize the importance of vocal work in music, whether it be raw, unplugged talent or chopped up to hell for sample-heavy EDM pieces. The point is that the voice is as versatile as it is crucial to its song and I want this pack to show that. I've been wanting to create a pack like this for quite some time now and I was naive enough to think that I could undertake something like this on my own. Turns out that this was a pretty poor decision once I realized how diverse all voices can be, the individual's perception and preference of voice, and how little I do know in the scope of vocal variety. That's where all of you come in. I need different perspectives in this pack, both in song choice and stepping style. By the end of the submissions process, I hope to be sitting on 10 or so files from a respectable collection of chart artists for a total of 40 charts including my own (yes, I know that’s a lot) before I can deem this pack ready for release.

Here are a few ground rules to help guide you in what this pack is aiming for:

1) Your song has to have vocal work/samples in it.
I'm not going to be anal about what can constitute as a suitable song for the pack, but if it sounds like m1dy or some meme song, then it's probably not focusing on the beauty of the voice. Maybe you can prove me wrong. If the song has some time spent in lyrical production, that's a plus and definitely encouraged.
2) Genre and language variety, please!
Listen, there's no ignoring the elephant in the room. I know that there will be plenty of Japanese songs submitted and I understand that completely (I have almost too many of my own included already). I won't discriminate against good charts. If you can, however, please try to spend some time to include different languages, because there are some lovely goddamn languages out there, let me tell you.
3) Let's have some chart diversity and playability.
Please submit unreleased 6k files. If you have time to make extra charts for more player accessibility, then the more the merrier. I’m fine with accepting any level of difficulty. I'm totally fine with technical dumps in moderation, not trash dumps. I also encourage all of you to be expressive with your manias. Just like singing, expressing yourself with your work is great. I will ask, however, for some technical prowess and common sense with the very basic of the fundamentals such as PR, basic layering, and avoiding the use of ghost notes.
Note: If you've never charted for 6k before, please please please give it a try anyway. I would love more than anything else for all of you 4k artists to get in this. I'm more than willing to help you with note sequencing and pattern choice; just HMU. I’m also fine with conversions.

4) Graphics
I can assist with creating sets of graphics, but if you can manage the creation of your own or recruit the help of someone more qualified than I am, then please do so. I won't decline help from any generous graphics artists out there, either (wink wink nudge nudge). Be sure to include your cdtitle with your submission.
That’s it! You can submit them to me via Discord (@Kinx#7418) or email (vbcharts@outlook.com). There is no cap to how many charts you want to submit and currently no tentative deadline for the pack since I know how active the 6k/solo community is (it isn't). Once I reach the threshold of ~10 files, I’ll release the pack. I'll update this thread as time goes on with chart reviews and other news regarding the pack. I look forward to seeing your submissions, everyone!

Current Songlist (43/40)
Quote:
AMATERASU SYSTEM -the fifth force- - WAVE
Birthright (Birthwrong Remix) - Celldweller ft. Blue Stahli
Bitter End - Fit For A King
Daikirai - TeddyLoid feat. ちゃんみな
Daisuki - DAOKO with TeddyLoid
Don't Play Nice - Verbalicious
Fade Away - the sub account
Feel - 織部つばさ (CV:水瀬 いのり)
Flash - Perfume
Fly Me To Heaven - 東京事変
Higher - Nyusha
Hype feat. Such - PSYQUI
Kaitul - Feryquitous
Kkum-eul Dream - Real Girls Project
Koi Kaze - 高垣楓 (CV:早見沙織)
Last Surprise - Lyn
Lily Love (feat. Kaivaan) - GHOST DATA
Love Ya - Pure 100%
Montero - Andromulus
Moonheart - 翡乃イスカ
Moonlight - ラブリーサマーちゃんと芳川よしの
Mr. Toot - Ylvis
Notice - Moe Shop
Nightmaid - Paraoka
Overnight Celebrity - Twista
Peek-A-Boo - Red Velvet
POWER TWO - HOTBLADE
Russian Roulette - Red Velvet
Shopping Tourist - Bacalao
Silver Orbit - 電気式華憐音楽集団
Silvia - Lapix
Suis Moi - Camille & Hans Zimmer
The Night - Lovewave
The Samovars - The Red Army Choir
This Hurts - Mindless Self Indulgence
Two Faced!? Phantom Thief Chairman's Troubles♥ - ◇◆謎の怪盗少女ぷらずま☆彡Prim◇◆
Unfaithful - NtrlTaste
Wanna - Kara
White Winter Hymnal - Pentatonix
With A Billion Worldful Of Love - Mili feat. DE DE MOUSE
XVII (Love Trouble) feat. CMKC - masara
YOLO - lapix feat. Numb'n'dub
Your voice so... - PSYQUI feat. Such

We've reached the goal for accepted chart submissions!! Which means that I can start prepping the pack for release. However, I don't expect that the pack will be released very soon as I have decided that I will be creating full charts for all 40 files and I still need to create graphics for files without them. During this time, I will still be accepting more file submissions as I take on this project. So please keep them coming! When I finish all of the charts, I will close submissions and release the pack with the files mentioned above.

Additionally as a reminder, I am still open to volunteers willing to lend a hand with creating these easier charts to expedite the process or just making graphics (of which 3 or 4 don't have any).

Last edited by Kinx; 07-17-2018 at 05:04 PM.. Reason: Added Peek-A-Boo.
Kinx is offline   Reply With Quote