Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-4-2008, 07:32 AM   #1
Brilliant Dynamite Neon
nobody fiffers anymore.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Brilliant Dynamite Neon Send a message via Yahoo to Brilliant Dynamite Neon
Default TWG LXV Host Signups

face is

Thanks for the memories, folks. u da bes
Brilliant Dynamite Neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-4-2008, 07:44 AM   #2
Makilaz
TWG Princess
FFR Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to Makilaz Send a message via AIM to Makilaz Send a message via MSN to Makilaz Send a message via Yahoo to Makilaz Send a message via Skype™ to Makilaz
Default Re: TWG LXV Host Signups

Since I didn't get a chance to host last game due to OMG MYSTERY GAME, here it is again.

Now you're thinking with Portals!

16 Players

TEAM EVIL
1 Master Wolf
This test subject is experiencing a rather unusual side-effect of the testing. Upon transformation, he becomes invisible to the security feed, thus gaining an extra advantage. He will appear GREEN to the Security Tech.

3 Wolves
These are the test subjects that experience one of the rarer side-effects of the testing, which is lycanthropy. Every night, they turn into werewolves and brutally murder one of their fellow test participants. They will appear RED to the Security Tech.

TEAM GOOD
1 Security Technician
This is one of the Aperture Science employees who has access to the security camera feeds. Every night he can pick one test subject to review the feed for, and determine if they are a wolf or human.

1 Access
Technician
This Aperture Science employee can control who goes where in the facility. Every night, this person can seal off one test subject from the rest of the group, thus protecting them from harm.

10 Test Subjects (normal humans)
Can't have a test without subjects, now can you? These individuals do not know what's going on around them, and are forced to use their survival instincts once they start mysteriously dying.

There is a mystery aspect to this game. There will be items. What they do, if anything, will be kept secret unless you receive one. They'll be distributed as soon as the game starts, through PMs.

And keep in mind, since this takes place in the Aperture Science Enrichment Center, all sorts of crazy **** can happen.

I can adjust the number of players depending on how things turn out regarding unmerging and whatnot, but that's the general format of the game.
Old 06-4-2008, 08:39 AM   #3
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction

if the items aren't bull**** that game should prove fruitful.

is there a pass/receive system?
FictionJunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-4-2008, 08:48 AM   #4
Makilaz
TWG Princess
FFR Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to Makilaz Send a message via AIM to Makilaz Send a message via MSN to Makilaz Send a message via Yahoo to Makilaz Send a message via Skype™ to Makilaz

You mean give your item(s) to other players? Hadn't thought about that one, but it could work well.
Old 06-4-2008, 08:59 AM   #5
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction

what, were you planning on giving items to people and that.. was essentially it? That's pretty much like making a mystery game.

1 slot.
Item passing PMs sent during the day. Pass after lynch. In case of insta and the player didn't PM to pass, he's stuck with the item unless force pass is in play in which case the item would be passed at random or the player dies or whatever the consequence of the specific item is. (this would be passive force pass or active force pass respectively).
Force pass y/n - your choice.
Use items at night (unless otherwise specified).
In case someone receives an item but has his slot occupied by another, is the original item passed at random? (this would be greatly affected by your choice of force pass). Or will he simply not be able to receive items until the slot is open (which would influence gameplay and deudction as the item passer would be notified that the pass failed).

Balance your items.
Old 06-4-2008, 09:03 AM   #6
FictionJunction
FFR Player

MIIIIIIIND CRUSSSSHHHH
Old 06-4-2008, 09:05 AM   #7
FictionJunction
FFR Player

oh, yeah. and the choice of having passive effect items, etc.
Old 06-4-2008, 09:12 AM   #8
FictionJunction
FFR Player

and corpselooting.

have fun with that. It has its own ruleset which simply destroys me.

honestly, do without the corpselooting unless your items really really really need to remain in game. Kill the item along with the player. It just makes things easier on you. Plus, the game can survive without them.

Last edited by FictionJunction; 06-4-2008 at 09:14 AM..
Old 06-4-2008, 09:30 AM   #9
Makilaz
TWG Princess
FFR Veteran

Corpselooting always confused the hell out of me. If someone dies without using an item, it's gone forever.

I like your idea of item passing failing if someone already has one, so I'll go with that. Adds a new element to the game which should make things interesting.
Old 06-4-2008, 09:55 AM   #10
FictionJunction
FFR Player

well, then you have another dilemma. Will items remain in game after use or not? I strongly suggest they remain in game. If a player is killed then the item dies, too, even if the item has not been used. The night one kill shouldn't matter as nobody will know what item the N1 kill had, so it won't influence the game.

And, for crying out loud, if you're going to allow item passing do not give everyone an item at the start of the game. But come the case that you do, remember that you'll need to rely on force passing to keep the movement of items going. Stagnant items won't do much for you.

You also have to decide whether or not players will know who they received items from. And if the attempt fails, will they be notified that an item was being given to them? I wouldn't but, then again, I don't know what items you have.
Old 06-4-2008, 10:13 AM   #11
Makilaz
TWG Princess
FFR Veteran

My plan thus far was to keep items in-game after they've been used, and randomly re-distribute them the next phase. I wasn't planning on giving everyone an item, since that would be far too many items for my liking, at least for this sort of game. Players won't know who's giving them an item, nor will they be notified if someone attempted to pass them an item but failed. The player who tried to pass the item in the first place will be told that it failed and get the item back though.
Old 06-4-2008, 10:13 AM   #12
FictionJunction
FFR Player

also makilaz because I'm extremely influential.
Old 06-4-2008, 10:14 AM   #13
Makilaz
TWG Princess
FFR Veteran

Thanks for the help, by the way. First time hosting for me; need to make sure the game will actually run smoothly.
Old 06-4-2008, 10:18 AM   #14
thunderstrike687
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to thunderstrike687

oh hai fiction since when do you come in here, especially to be helpful?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamaja456 View Post
yea, this subscription giveaway is more fun than watching two lesbians engage in foreplay
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy_2004
i love a food
thunderstrike687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-4-2008, 10:25 AM   #15
FictionJunction
FFR Player

I don't know. I'm pretty confused myself.

well, if the items are used and then redistributed then it would influence analysis in a sense that most players won't know if they received an item intentionally or not. So, you have to decide whether you're passing or randomly distributing. Having both will be too confusing unless you specify that the item received was willingly given or not, and that's just silly.

Also, if items were to be randomly distributed after use you're doing so because your items have several discharges. So, if you have a vigi item and it is used it will be randomly redistributed allowing for another vigi. That could seriously unbalance the game as a wolf or a stupid human could get it by chance. If not, you're simply trying to instigate confusion.. but that won't have the same effect as having an item passed to you since it was not planned.

So! How did you get it?
I DON'T KNOW. I JUST HAVE IT.
So it was random. Who had it before?
I DON'T KNOW.

HEY, THREAD, WHO HAD THIS BEFORE?
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

So, in essence, you need to choose whether:
a) your items will have several discharges or not - if not, their prolonged existence will influence analysis (good thing) because players may not know if their item works or not. i.e failed vigi or failed guard. These things are either not mentioned in the thread update or confused for a wolf attempt (if both the wolf and the vigi item user target the same player).
b) will your item be randomly distributed or not. If not, how will you force players to distribute them. And when will you need players to distribute them, after use or after the lynch regardless of using it or not. If you want the item to flow properly: allow for people to keep their items if they don't plan on using them. Force them to pass them if they plan on using them.

I want to kill player A and send this item to player B.

That way, if there's inactivity or PMs that do not include a target for pass along with a request to use the item it'll be as if the player chose to not use them at all. But in order for that to work you'll have to work with a different event sequence. You'll have to pass items at night and use them at night.

Give me a sec.. I don't have the sequence I used at the top of my head..

EDIT:

I edited mine to fit yours.

---
Night Phase:
---
Item distribution (by host).
Blue/Red PMs and item usage and pass PMs are sent.
Item effects take place.
Wolf kills take effect.
---
Day:
---
Blue/Red and item results are released (of course this would depend on what effects can be revealed).
Seers get seer information.
Lynch
---

N1 people will have items and choose to use them. If they choose to use them they'll pass them as well. Rinse repeat.
This will only work if you don't have any dayphase items, though.

Last edited by FictionJunction; 06-4-2008 at 11:25 AM..
Old 06-4-2008, 11:50 AM   #16
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

You guys have bad tendency to make these threads while I'm in class:

14 Players

3 Blues-
Guardian, Seer, Elemental

3 Wolves -
Master Wolf, Lone Wolf, Wolf Elemental

3 Specials-
Medic, Anti-Medic, Red Miller

5 Regular Humans

The stuff:

Human Elemental: Powers: 1 vigi, 1 guard, 1 seer.

Wolf Elemental: Power: 1 vigi (fails if used on Lone Wolf) 1 guard, 1 seer (if seers Lone Wolf comes back as Lone Wolf).

Medic: Power: Night 1 picks which side they want to fight for, revives one person each night.

Anti-Medic: Power: Picks pne person to stop from reviving. Gets the opposite team as the Medic.

Red Miller: Power: Duh...

Special Stuff/ Rules:
The Lone Wolf picks a person to kill, just like the regular wolves. The LW has a 30% chance of its kill succeeding over the regular wolves.

Love - rzr

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine
rzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-4-2008, 12:39 PM   #17
Xception704
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I actually like both games from rzr and Mak ... but Mak's sounds less confusing (if you ignore all of the Fiction posts ... pahah).
Xception704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-4-2008, 12:53 PM   #18
Makilaz
TWG Princess
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xception704 View Post
I actually like both games from rzr and Mak ... but Mak's sounds less confusing (if you ignore all of the Fiction posts ... pahah).
Mine's intended to be fairly simple, actually, despite all the item confusion.
Old 06-4-2008, 01:33 PM   #19
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xception704 View Post
Well, I could give the medic to one side right away and the anti-medic the other. Discuss? Do we like? I wasn't planning on competing with Mak, but the junior sign-ups aren't open yet... Anyway, just tell me what you would like more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine
rzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-4-2008, 01:42 PM   #20
DrKirth
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Actually, I like the idea that the Medic chooses which side to go to. This way, the anti-Medic indirectly obtains information of which side the Medic chose, and has to find a way to get this information out to the public (if the Medic sided with the wolves) without revealing his own role.

edit: also, what would be the seering results on the Medic and anti-Medic?

Be efficient.

DrKirth is offline   Reply With Quote