Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2009, 08:49 PM   #41
SethSquall
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SethSquall
Default Re: For Final Fantasy Fans!

This is why I try not to get involved with these debates. Humongous FF7 fanboys with nothing constructive to add to a debate about the games' gameplay. It's just,

Quote:
Originally Posted by This Thread
I LOVE CLOUD SO MUCH HE'S MY BFF AND SEPHY
Example,

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBBx Takedown View Post
IMO, FF8 has to be one of the worst Final Fantasys ever made. Who cares about some school kid? Like come on. As for FF7, it's characters are not school kids. Cloud, for example, is an ex-soldier. Other characters in FF7 make the game even more awesome then it has to be.
I thoroughly enjoyed FF7. I enjoyed FF8 a lot more. FF9 was a great tale but the battles were kinda boring. FF10 was unbearably easy and kinda boring. X-2 didn't happen shut up. Never completed the previous FF's so I don't want to say anything about them.

FF8 was my favourite, because of the story, because of the battle system, the Junctions and GF's and draw system. There was a lot more strategy and customisation in your characters, and unlike FF7 you couldn't rely on level alone to get by. I enjoyed mixing and matching GF's and magic for the characters to accomplish beating the different battles. The bosses had better approaches and more to them, including fighting GF's like Eden and Bahamut that needed a bit of thought to get past them. Good magic was harder to find and scarcer adding an element care of how you use and conserve magic.

I just think there was a lot more to Final Fantasy VIII than there was Final Fantasy VII. I just get really put off with the stubborn mule fanboys of the FF7 fanbase who are too busy drowning in the sea of their Sephy x Cloud fanfics to even debate on a sensible level. Seriously every response you ever get is "CLOUD RULES".
SethSquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-1-2009, 10:02 PM   #42
SpinninOut18
FFR Player

I played VII, and while I liked it, it was not as awesome as fans made it seem. I found Cloud to be one of the most messed-in-the-head protagonists I've ever seen.

I haven't played all of them, but personally my favourite ones are IV and XII.
SpinninOut18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-2-2009, 08:56 AM   #43
BadboyNSDQ
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to BadboyNSDQ Send a message via Yahoo to BadboyNSDQ

the FFVII movie Advent Children was OK i expected more fight scenes and i expected that their would be more than one fight with the whole gang... it was kinda dissapointing

BadboyNSDQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-2-2009, 08:57 AM   #44
BadboyNSDQ
FFR Player

Cool Re: For Final Fantasy Fans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethSquall View Post
Or the arcades in FF7
they werent bad they were so so

Old 11-2-2009, 10:09 AM   #45
revolutionomega
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to revolutionomega Send a message via MSN to revolutionomega

Here's my opinion:

1) FF8 (first game I played, thought the story was well-done and thoroughly explored the environments. For all you Cloud lovers, Lionheart was much sexier than Omnislash. The fact that he's a schoolboy means absolutely nothing, very often heroes arise from simplistic situations such as this because of the type of school that they're running. The card game was actually interesting and I loved being able to exchange that one card for 99 hero's. The timing situations also make you push yourself to accomplish things in a realistic amount of time.)

2)FF7

3)FFX

4)FFVI

5)FFIX

6)FFIV

7)FF 1/2/3

8)Kingdom Hearts (HAHAHAHAHA. so much better than FFX-2 and so on...)
Old 11-2-2009, 03:30 PM   #46
SethSquall
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadboyNSDQ View Post
they werent bad they were so so
I know, but you said you hated that they added mini games and FF7 probably had the most mini games of all final fantasy's and it even spawned a spin off chocobo racing game.

So lol irony.
Old 11-5-2009, 08:13 AM   #47
BadboyNSDQ
FFR Player

yeah but they were in one place were you had to physically go there to access them.so u had to go out of ur way to play them

Old 11-5-2009, 02:41 PM   #48
All_That_Chaz
Supreme Dictator For Life
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to All_That_Chaz

I've played 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 10. Since I haven't played the others I won't comment on them.

1) VI. Up there with Chrono Trigger as one of the best games ever made. Amazing characters, amazing story, best villain ever, incredible replay value, perfect difficulty, etc etc etc. I really can't say enough about this game. Seriously, the villain says he's going to destroy the world, and he actually does it. Freaking epic.

2) V. This is where I know my list will be different. It was the first final fantasy I ever played - when it was released on Chronicles for the PSX. I fell in love with the characters and the job system was perfectly balanced. I also just loved the story. Exdeath became the epitome of a villain for me after I played this game. This game shaped how I view every other rpg I play.

3) VII. Great game. The materia system worked extremely well and the limit break system revolutionized combat. The scope of the game was gigantic for its time. Great replay value. I honestly think the characters suck though. Cloud is a whiny baby and so is Sephiroth. Seriously just about every character can fall under one of three stereotypes: emo loser, foul-mouthed loser, or annoying loser... except maybe Tifa but that's more because she didn't really have much of a character anyway. None of them can hold a candle to anyone in VI.

4) IV. In truth I like this game far more than VII, but it's so short and the last dungeon is so stupid that it kills it for me.

5) I. The one that started it all. If you're giving VII points for being ground-breaking, I should be very high on your lists too. More replay value than most later games because of the customizability of your team. Great story, fun gameplay (especially when they fixed the combat in the VGA remake so you don't miss if you targeted a monster killed in the same round), and just plain revolutionary. A game so good it saved Squaresoft from bankruptcy - hence the name Final Fantasy.

6) X. Honestly it felt like they were just trying to make the FF7 money-lightning strike twice. Tidus isn't like Cloud, he is Cloud. It came off as stupid to me. And blitzball can blow me. What a waste of time.

7) II. I couldn't stand the gameplay that levels your skills the more you use them. If I can kill enemies in one hit when I get to the boss I won't be able to cure very well. It's annoying to go back and cast cure over and over when I don't need it. It's like drawing stupid magic in VIII.

And although I never played VIII through I've played enough to know it's the worst final fantasy ever. Drawing magic is stupid and boring. The characters are even worse than in VII. The cutscenes are retarded. The ending is incongruous. I can't imagine what you fanboys/girls see in this game.
dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoJaR View Post
god dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds
I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.
All_That_Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2009, 11:00 AM   #49
SylverDragon
FFR Player

Yay! Final Fantasy Fan-base! Good post on the games All_That_Chaz, really liked reading it, except for some of it, like 7 and 8, but mainly FFX, which I will give my opinion on later. My first Final Fantasy game was 7, and was definitely the best game I ever played on any system, until I played the ps2 versions. 8 and 9 I only played recently on my ps1 emulator, and extremely enjoyed it. I got to playing some of the GBA and DS versions now thx to emulators, and enjoyed them too. But personally none of the Final Fantasy games really compare to FFX. The story line was amazing, characters were well made, and well depicted in the game. Plenty of mind blowing graphics, and tons of gameplay hours. I really enjoyed the fighting system and upgrading character levels system. The only thing I dont like about the game is that they didnt make anymore sequels with all the characters, but instead made X-2, just with Rikku and Yuna, and newcomer Paine. Final Fantasy 12 was a whole new thing, much of the same comments goes towards it as I gave for 10, exept the battle system was outstanding. No more battle screen switches, the fighting occured on the same screen you see the monster. I liked the weather changes, and how it made different monsters appear aswell. 12 was definitely a good one. The only thing I didnt like about it, but they are working on it for 13 is real time fighting, like no pauses in between attacks, just straight out, real time, monster smashing action, with a story line unlike any other. Cant wait for it

Last edited by SylverDragon; 11-9-2009 at 11:02 AM..
SylverDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2009, 11:10 AM   #50
All_That_Chaz
Supreme Dictator For Life
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to All_That_Chaz

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention about X that I found the whole grid leveling thing to be horrendous. Needing specific items to level is garbage.
dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoJaR View Post
god dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds
I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.
All_That_Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2009, 07:12 PM   #51
SylverDragon
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz View Post
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention about X that I found the whole grid leveling thing to be horrendous. Needing specific items to level is garbage.
I really liked it, and really, you didnt need any items more than the items that you get form just about every battle, like strengths spheres and the like. Its not like you needed a rare item or a specific item that you can only get at a certain part in the game to advance in levels. I think it was very well done actually, but thats just me.
Old 11-9-2009, 07:30 PM   #52
SethSquall
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadboyNSDQ View Post
yeah but they were in one place were you had to physically go there to access them.so u had to go out of ur way to play them
And play them to get certain items.

Last edited by SethSquall; 11-10-2009 at 05:55 AM..
Old 11-10-2009, 08:48 AM   #53
SylverDragon
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethSquall View Post
And play them to get certain items.
If you are referring to the items from mini games in ff7, they werent at all mandatory, and not really good either. The only item of real importance from any mini game in Clouds Final Limit Break, from the battle square thing, which I might add was a real pain to get.

Mini games in FF are rarely part of the story and can just be passed by and just continue on with the story.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:39 PM   #54
TinkoKoala
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TinkoKoala

No one has mentioned FFT...
='[

I like to do manly things. You know, just manly guys do manly things. You know what I mean?
TinkoKoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:11 PM   #55
goffballz
FFR Player

FFVIII is my favorite. FFVII has the best, most complex story. FFX was crazy fun, pretty touching. FFVI had me lol. FFIV was enjoyable.

FFVII and FFVI had the best soundtrack.
goffballz is offline   Reply With Quote