Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2004, 02:54 AM   #41
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Also, if you're an FPS guy (like me), the keyboard and mouse setup is infinitely better than a gamepad.
Yeah, because that's basically ALL the online games on the PC. FPS's, RTS's, and MMORPG's.

Yeah sure there's your occasional anomoly, but compare the quantity of those three genres to every other genre. Most games on the PC nowadays I find incredibly boring, all FPS's are essentially the same to me, the only RTS that really appeals to me is Warcraft 3: TFT but they can be diverse if they want to and MMORPG's can be really diverse as well so I'll give them that. Generally the FPS genre needs some innovation, not another war or military based FPS. Something not so grungy and dull... like Conker ported to the PC or something. Ever since Goldeneye, Conker's BFD, although not primarily FPS, had the most appealing FPS engine to me. Point being, I'm sick of playing as some retarded humanoid with some type of sniper rifle or machine gun or rocket launcher in some dull setting that's been done before 50 million times. Unfortunately no one in the "gaming" (if you could even call it that anymore) scene thinks like this so all we'll see for the next couple of years in terms of the online FPS genre is more military based and futuristic based first person shooters. Sure, we may see innovative FPS games on XBox Live or another console but we sure won't see it on the PC, which is probably the most important system.
Arch0wl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 06:36 AM   #42
nogradya
FFR Player

Why the trash receptical? Why that stupid piece of crap ? Xbox may have a few great games but all it is is a hardrive thrown into a box and given a name! At least in my opinion. PC is a lot better than that stupid Xbox!
nogradya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 11:30 AM   #43
Omeganitros
auauauau
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Omeganitros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch0wl
Quote:
Also, if you're an FPS guy (like me), the keyboard and mouse setup is infinitely better than a gamepad.
Yeah, because that's basically ALL the online games on the PC. FPS's, RTS's, and MMORPG's.

Yeah sure there's your occasional anomoly, but compare the quantity of those three genres to every other genre. Most games on the PC nowadays I find incredibly boring, all FPS's are essentially the same to me, the only RTS that really appeals to me is Warcraft 3: TFT but they can be diverse if they want to and MMORPG's can be really diverse as well so I'll give them that. Generally the FPS genre needs some innovation, not another war or military based FPS. Something not so grungy and dull... like Conker ported to the PC or something. Ever since Goldeneye, Conker's BFD, although not primarily FPS, had the most appealing FPS engine to me. Point being, I'm sick of playing as some retarded humanoid with some type of sniper rifle or machine gun or rocket launcher in some dull setting that's been done before 50 million times. Unfortunately no one in the "gaming" (if you could even call it that anymore) scene thinks like this so all we'll see for the next couple of years in terms of the online FPS genre is more military based and futuristic based first person shooters. Sure, we may see innovative FPS games on XBox Live or another console but we sure won't see it on the PC, which is probably the most important system.
Ever tried Natural Selection?
Omeganitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 01:59 PM   #44
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

It looks like Unreal Tournament and looks like it still has all the boring FPS cliches. Maybe you didn't read through my post all that well.
Arch0wl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 02:08 PM   #45
Omeganitros
auauauau
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

...Um...It's nothing like Unreal Tournament. If you mean Onslaught mode, Natural Selection came way way way way WAY before that, and it's still not like Onslaught mode...And I would appreciate if you specify what cliches you find in the game...I read your post well enough, maybe you should try it first....
Old 05-27-2004, 03:43 PM   #46
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Anticrombie0909

Quote:
False. Xbox live. You can download patches, new guns, levels and stuff. Voice communication.

Consoles have custom-made controllers, steering wheels, pedals, DDR Pads, and even guns like in this one game...forgot the name.
Yeah, that's true. I could pay 13 bucks a month to a subscription service to play a few good to mediocre games online, and every six months, they'll add a new map. Fact of the matter is, 90% of PC games are online. Probably 20% of Xbox games even have an online feature, much less a good one. Beyond that, what the PC can download is a much wider range- mods, fan based maps, whatever.

As for perepherals, the PC has everything Consoles have, with the exception of Light Guns. And considering every light gun game other than Time Crisis sucks, that's not really a good incentive for me to drop my baby and go grab a big, hulking box.

Quote:
Fact is, Xboxs are a standard console, easy to buy and use. Computers on the other hand, however are much more difficult.
So, basically, you're saying Consoles are for the mechanically challenged? Okay, I'll deal with that. Computers seem a lot more intimidating to people than they really are. Wanna know how long it takes to upgrade your video card? 5 minutes, TOPS. And that's if you actually read the instruction manual and do it step by step. It's so simple it's amazing. And for the 200% better graphics, I'm willing to take those 5 minutes out of my day.

Quote:
Yeah sure there's your occasional anomoly, but compare the quantity of those three genres to every other genre. Most games on the PC nowadays I find incredibly boring, all FPS's are essentially the same to me, the only RTS that really appeals to me is Warcraft 3: TFT but they can be diverse if they want to and MMORPG's can be really diverse as well so I'll give them that. Generally the FPS genre needs some innovation, not another war or military based FPS.
You have a good point. However, the 1.5 million people who downloaded the demo alone of Unreal Tournament 2004 would probably disagree with you, as would I.

Quote:
Sure, we may see innovative FPS games on XBox Live or another console but we sure won't see it on the PC, which is probably the most important system.
Name three truly innovative shooters that have been released on the Xbox with live support in the last year. I dare you. And if you say Halo, I shall scream.
Anticrombie0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 05:56 AM   #47
nogradya
FFR Player

I want to hear the screaming Halo! Halo! Halo! Halo 2! Ha ha ha ha!
Old 05-28-2004, 06:31 AM   #48
IAMTHEEVILBEAN
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to IAMTHEEVILBEAN

Seeing that the halo sucks, no.

Halo is not innovative or the future of video gamaes at all you fucking retard.

OMG IT HAS MULTIPLAYER, AND GUNS!

I'VE NEVER SEEN THAT BEFORE.
IAMTHEEVILBEAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 08:54 AM   #49
Jam930
FFR Player

My brother showed me the demo for it. It has really good imaging, graphics. And the physics looks pretty nice. I think it's the best game I have ever seen... other than ffr... ofcourse.
Old 05-28-2004, 02:12 PM   #50
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Halo 2 Screenshot:

Doom III Screenshot:

Quote:
It has really good imaging, graphics. And the physics looks pretty nice. I think it's the best game I have ever seen
You need to get out more and stop reading the endless Halo fanzines.
Old 05-28-2004, 02:13 PM   #51
IAMTHEEVILBEAN
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to IAMTHEEVILBEAN

OMG THEY HAVE GUNS

REVOLUTIOANRY!
IAMTHEEVILBEAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 03:29 PM   #52
Omeganitros
auauauau
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

What the hell is "TELODS"?

The only thing Halo has going for them is the Warthog, and Red Vs. Blue. Other than that, those fanboys can go buttfuck themselves.
Old 05-28-2004, 04:23 PM   #53
Specforces
Yes
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Specforces

Halo was fun, at first, but now it's old. Halo 2 should be fun, but it's nothing to cream your pants over.

Specforces
Old 05-28-2004, 07:42 PM   #54
Jam930
FFR Player

http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/482/...g_2122195.html
halo2

http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/482/...g_2099304.html
doom iii
Old 05-28-2004, 08:53 PM   #55
Omeganitros
auauauau
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Problem: You are showing the XBox version of Doom3 which sucks.
Old 05-28-2004, 10:25 PM   #56
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Yeah, wanna know the funny part? That's the Xbox Doom III. The Xbox Doom III is just like the PC version, only with worse graphics, worse AI, worse physics, worse renderings, worse monsters, worse gameplay, and in two words, worse fun.

That's not the funny part though. The funny part is that the Doom III screenshot still looked better than the Halo 2 one. Nice goin there, Jam, you backfired on yourself.
Old 06-1-2004, 01:28 PM   #57
nogradya
FFR Player

No screaming what a gip. When everyone downloaded UT 03 it lasted for a good 3-4 months. Then everyone had to give it . Me and 2 of my friends were the main offenders of the downloaded . That game was real fun. I mean just as i was creaming all of my friends with head shots at lunch the classroom we were in got invaded. *sob sob sob*.