Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Batch Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 10:26 PM   #4901
megamon88
aka Assertive
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Default Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (Submissions CLOSED)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar View Post
be thankful it isn't 4-5 months like tass used to do LoL
i remember waiting 2 months for batch notes and my file wasn't even judged lul
Old 11-27-2012, 10:38 PM   #4902
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.

Yo guys,

My goal with my post was not to piss you all off as I apparently did. Indeed, I know nothing of what's going on with your lives right now to ruin your streak of perfectly-on-time-notes. Heck, who am I kidding, I have no idea how it's like to be you guys. I have a regular schedule, I live with a family I love, and I go to school. I don't have a job, no health problems, no addiction and no debts. I pay no rent, have no kid and such. I'm just a princess who doesn't know when to stfu.

I believe there is something wrong when you can review a full batch in less than two days, yet are given a full month to do it and end up late. This is the major thing that grinds my gears. And when I say "wrong", I don't mean "you're doing it wrong Carlos" or Alex or Mike or anyone who wants to put their name there. You guys are pro. Basically, the way I see it, if you have something everyday preventing you from judging from day one to the end of the month, like some dumbass roommate being an asshole to you or your father is sick, or you have school projects or you're trying to quit drugs or something, surely you would be able to PM someone to give the job to someone else. Logic, right? Idk who would start judging a batch when he clearly knows he can't. That's just dumb. I hope you have the decency to agree with that.

On the other hand, if you have something coming up at last minute which prevents you from judging, that sucks: it could be a flood or it could be the death of your pet or anything (I don't know since I never stepped outside the castle gates). But that also means you waited until the last second if that affects you for judging the batch. Why not take the two days it takes you right now at the beginning of the month instead? What was preventing you from doing your job? And again, why not let the team know about it?

And if somehow your situation doesn't apply to that, well shit, you're one out of luck individual since your life must absolutely be hard to go through. I think you'd have to have bad surprises everyday with the naive hope of still judging on time... Because let's face it: if you begin judging when batch opens, you won't be late, and if you can't take the two necessary days to do that, you shouldn't be judging in the first place for that particular batch.

Tl;dr mario knows nothing about other users' lives but thinks he does

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Last edited by MarioNintendo; 11-27-2012 at 10:45 PM..
Old 11-27-2012, 10:55 PM   #4903
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

being late just gives you a bad rep with the other judges/members. As long as you know what you're doing it's a great amount of help.

if it were that big of an issue people would be getting thrown off the judging team for being late and such. but again I stress, a few days isn't the end of the world : x

I was late 2 days and aside from work and being hospitalized, I had all kinds of time. So I just procrastinated :3
Old 11-27-2012, 10:57 PM   #4904
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioNintendo View Post
Yo guys,

My goal with my post was not to piss you all off as I apparently did. Indeed, I know nothing of what's going on with your lives right now to ruin your streak of perfectly-on-time-notes. Heck, who am I kidding, I have no idea how it's like to be you guys. I have a regular schedule, I live with a family I love, and I go to school. I don't have a job, no health problems, no addiction and no debts. I pay no rent, have no kid and such. I'm just a princess who doesn't know when to stfu.

I believe there is something wrong when you can review a full batch in less than two days, yet are given a full month to do it and end up late. This is the major thing that grinds my gears. And when I say "wrong", I don't mean "you're doing it wrong Carlos" or Alex or Mike or anyone who wants to put their name there. You guys are pro. Basically, the way I see it, if you have something everyday preventing you from judging from day one to the end of the month, like some dumbass roommate being an asshole to you or your father is sick, or you have school projects or you're trying to quit drugs or something, surely you would be able to PM someone to give the job to someone else. Logic, right? Idk who would start judging a batch when he clearly knows he can't. That's just dumb. I hope you have the decency to agree with that.

On the other hand, if you have something coming up at last minute which prevents you from judging, that sucks: it could be a flood or it could be the death of your pet or anything (I don't know since I never stepped outside the castle gates). But that also means you waited until the last second if that affects you for judging the batch. Why not take the two days it takes you right now at the beginning of the month instead? What was preventing you from doing your job? And again, why not let the team know about it?

And if somehow your situation doesn't apply to that, well shit, you're one out of luck individual since your life must absolutely be hard to go through. I think you'd have to have bad surprises everyday with the naive hope of still judging on time... Because let's face it: if you begin judging when batch opens, you won't be late, and if you can't take the two necessary days to do that, you shouldn't be judging in the first place for that particular batch.

Tl;dr mario knows nothing about other users' lives but thinks he does
i dont consider any of the backup judges that i remember to be good enough to actually take on judging any batch. i would rather turn in notes late than have someone cover me that hardly knows what theyre doing just to have notes in on time.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:10 PM   #4905
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.

Well Kommi, let's suppose everyone kinda had the same situation as you. Why not make the judgement period smaller? I get the fact we're all volunteers and do this to help, and I know it's fair to wait a few more days, that it's not that big of a deal for the amount of job that gets done. It also perplexes that people either don't act responsibly by taking the task of judging a batch when they know they can't do in on time no matter what or either wait until the end of the time they have to realize they waited too much and ended up short. For this last type of people, if the judgement process lasted a week, surely they'd be late, but I don't think the quality of the notes would be worse and we'd have the finished "product" by now.

I'm not mad at anyone here, simply looking for ways that we could respect our engagements.

(@ carlos:

Sure that's a valid point, I admit i took for granted that backup judges did the job as good as regular judges. Otherwise why have backup that sucks... lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Last edited by MarioNintendo; 11-27-2012 at 11:17 PM..
Old 11-27-2012, 11:18 PM   #4906
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

second string players arent as good as first string players thats why they are second string
Old 11-27-2012, 11:24 PM   #4907
Razor
Dan "Razor" Devilz
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

In the 4 batches I've judged, it's my first time being late. Also, I'm sorry that I took nearly a week off to go visit my family on a holiday that so happened to be a day before the judgment deadline, which left me stuck with unfinished notes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
you're the one who mentions that this batch will be a trainwreck without judges and end up being that late yourself...
and lol, yeah I sure did and guess what......... 4 of us are nearly 96 hours late, so I don't see why you're particularly jumping on my ass.
3rd: Retro City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choofers
I play Stepmania, so I know everything about media formats.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:26 PM   #4908
Pseudo Enigma
ごめんなさい (/ω\)
FFR Veteran

um I'm just going to put this out here..

why do we have to care so much if it's on time? I understand there's a level of professionalism you guys have to uphold, but I don't see a problem as long as they get it done within the week of the deadline.

just my unwanted opinion is all, lol
Old 11-27-2012, 11:38 PM   #4909
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
i dont consider any of the backup judges that i remember to be good enough to actually take on judging any batch. i would rather turn in notes late than have someone cover me that hardly knows what theyre doing just to have notes in on time.
And this is why despite my personal annoyance at them being late I just keep quiet. Judges are awesome (the good ones) when they do the best notes they can even if they're a week late
Old 11-27-2012, 11:46 PM   #4910
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

6 more files left. off to work i'll finish tomorrow after work :dwi:
Old 11-28-2012, 02:08 AM   #4911
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author

Location: we traced the call...it's coming from inside the house
Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu

maybe I should judge again HMM
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/xiaoven/solorulzsig.png
Old 11-28-2012, 02:43 AM   #4912
Razor
Dan "Razor" Devilz

annnnnnnnnd finished and sent.

avg rating: 6.95
3rd: Retro City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choofers
I play Stepmania, so I know everything about media formats.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:57 AM   #4913
Pseudo Enigma
ごめんなさい (/ω\)
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Munoz View Post
u win congorats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choofers View Post
k
Old 11-28-2012, 02:57 AM   #4914
i love you
Live a wonderful life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patashu View Post
likewise
Old 11-28-2012, 06:32 AM   #4915
kommisar
Dark Chancellor

Quote:
As much of an ass as this makes me, I completely agree.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:38 AM   #4916
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patashu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by i love you View Post
likewise
Please do.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar View Post
As much of an ass as this makes me, I completely agree.
I wasn't going to say anything on this but the fact is it isn't either of your decisions to make. JX and bmah brought the judges on that they thought could do the job and that's their decision to make. They're the game managers, not either of you, not me, not anyone else. If you feel like people can't do it then suggest they be taken off the team. Otherwise, if you can't be on time the point is to pass it on to the backups, that's why they're there. Plus none the less here we go with the I'm so much better and experienced than everyone junk rather than giving other people the opportunity to learn and grow so they can get just as good at it. FFR isn't what it once was anymore, stop trying to make it out like the judges group needs to be some leet group or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

Last edited by psychoangel691; 11-28-2012 at 07:43 AM..
Old 11-28-2012, 08:06 AM   #4917
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz

Awww snap angel in da house!!!

(And I'm just happy we have this whole judging thing. Really fun and entertaining)

Old 11-28-2012, 09:16 AM   #4918
Hateandhatred
"The Quebec Steparatist."

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
I wasn't going to say anything on this but the fact is it isn't either of your decisions to make. JX and bmah brought the judges on that they thought could do the job and that's their decision to make. They're the game managers, not either of you, not me, not anyone else. If you feel like people can't do it then suggest they be taken off the team. Otherwise, if you can't be on time the point is to pass it on to the backups, that's why they're there. Plus none the less here we go with the I'm so much better and experienced than everyone junk rather than giving other people the opportunity to learn and grow so they can get just as good at it. FFR isn't what it once was anymore, stop trying to make it out like the judges group needs to be some leet group or something.
Yes.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:22 AM   #4919
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
(And I'm just happy we have this whole judging thing. Really fun and entertaining)
Bootlicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
Old 11-28-2012, 10:11 AM   #4920
kommisar
Dark Chancellor

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
Please do.

I'm all for having people on as a learning experience, but I wouldn't throw them in as main judges. You may think of it as an "elitist" statement but I'd be concerned if half the judges thought 2 minute dumpstream files were the pinnacle of simfile making. To be a judge, one should understand how fun files are made. There is such a thing as an objectively good file and I don't think it should come at the cost of letting lesser quality files in game.

Last edited by kommisar; 11-28-2012 at 10:14 AM..
Closed Thread