Stahhhhhhp Middieeeeee

Wat am I doing
Old 01-18-2013, 09:11 AM   #502
Mike Weedmark
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Scores ~2013 Remix~

I have a question for everyone:

I want to fix this OMW. Should I just whore it, or should I start learning index NOW?

Also Midnight that last score destroys mine lol I have like 15-2-bullshit.

Last edited by Mike Weedmark; 01-18-2013 at 09:14 AM..
Old 01-18-2013, 09:15 AM   #503
EzExZeRo7497
FFR Veteran

Whore it. It'll take a really long time to practice index so that you can hit OMW anyway lmao.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:16 AM   #504
LongGone
-
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

mfw the FGOs on the prev page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choofers View Post
people age at a rate of about 1 year per year
Old 01-18-2013, 09:30 AM   #505
Mike Weedmark
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzExZeRo7497 View Post
Whore it. It'll take a really long time to practice index so that you can hit OMW anyway lmao.
So here I am on my 5th play and it's dawning on me that everything about this song I thought I struggled on is wrong. The one hand trills are easy. It's the JACKS fdhskglshdkjg. Oh well, continuing.

Lucky #13:

Could still be improved upon a lot. The jacks give me real problems, but I should be able to messily FC this at least. I'll do a few more runs.

Last edited by Mike Weedmark; 01-18-2013 at 09:47 AM..
Old 01-18-2013, 09:33 AM   #506
Poison-
Nope

Why do I always get scores like this... -_-
Old 01-18-2013, 09:54 AM   #507
krunkykai22
<3 Jumpstream <3
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to krunkykai22 Send a message via Yahoo to krunkykai22 Send a message via Skype™ to krunkykai22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Weedmark View Post
Maybe, but it's not inherently hard to adapt to, and you're Halogen so it was basically inevitable on a 77 or whatever.
Ummm, this is EXTREMELY opinionated. If you're going to say something like this, at least make it factual. Playing Upscroll, downscroll, or corner is all a form of reading ability. Not everyone can learn 2. For example, I've been playing upscroll for over 9 years. I recently tried doing what AJ was doing, and keep in mind I've also AAA'd FGO's. I could barely FC a song in the range of 30-40's.

So it's definitely an opinionated statement on your part. In my opinion, someone that can do what AJ did has amazing reading skill. Which is really what it's about. Learning the transitions in Frictional Nevada is extremely tough. Took me til recently for me to AAA that damn file.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:00 AM   #508
Mike Weedmark
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Do you even actually try things? I dare you to play cornerscroll and try not to laugh at everything you just said. Do you think I've never clicked the buttons at the top? I've done this already. Corner is OBJECTIVELY harder to adapt to coming from standard, and the reason is so overwhelmingly obvious that I'm going to coddle you and explain it:

Up:
^^^^

Down:
vvvv

Corner:
^. ^
...o
V.. V

Tell me which two skills are more transferrable.

Not everything is an opinion just because you wish for it to be wrong. Reading two styles is impressive, but no more impressive than what Halogen has already been doing for years. FN AAA on a different scroll is not La Camp AAA. It's still awesome (I don't have it on my main style), but coming from him it's more expected than anything.

Last edited by Mike Weedmark; 01-18-2013 at 10:04 AM..
Old 01-18-2013, 10:04 AM   #509
krunkykai22
<3 Jumpstream <3

Send a message via AIM to krunkykai22 Send a message via Yahoo to krunkykai22 Send a message via Skype™ to krunkykai22

Dude, you're basically saying that there is absolutely no way for either upscroll or downscroll to be legitimately harder for one person then another.

I don't give a rats ass about cornerscroll. I've tried it, and am horrible at it. So yes I'll agree with you there, but it has NO BERING on the reading ability of someone going from either DS to US or US to DS. It's a major accomplishment period. Get off the CS agenda and think about someone's ability to play the same FGO on both scrolls.

For instance, idk what scroll you use, but if you use US try using DS on Counter Clockwise Chant Pattern. Go play One Minute Waltz on the Opposite scroll of what you do. If you do well, then you have a good reading ability, if not, you'll see where I'm coming from. I have EXCELLENT reading ability on US, but DS my eyes tell me to get the fuck out. IT's different PER PERSON.

EDIT: Not to mention, there probably isn't a place on this site I've never been too. A part of the game I've never tried. Again I've been here for over 9 years bud.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:07 AM   #510
Mike Weedmark
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

You're not even arguing against anything I'm saying. Your gripes are imaginary and you should stop.

Also I have this weird impression that you think saying a Frictional fucking Nevada AAA being EXPECTED of Halogen is some kind of insult. Calm the hell down.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:13 AM   #511
krunkykai22
<3 Jumpstream <3

Quote:
Every score I have is downscroll :/ It's not that weird lol. Sidescroll or corner scroll, now that's messed up.
Quote:
Maybe, but it's not inherently hard to adapt to, and you're Halogen so it was basically inevitable on a 77 or whatever.

Cornerscroll on the other hand gives you practically no information about relative note placement, at least in the way you're used to reading it. It's a nightmare, and to see someone AAA an FGO on THAT would blow my brains out.

No, it is not expected of someone that goes from one Scroll to another. What I'm trying to say is your basically "knocking" his amazing feat of skill by saying it's "easy." Which it isn't.

As I stated before your statements are opinionated. It really isn't all that easy to "adapt" to a different playstyle. If this is the case, then Spread players should be easily transitioned to One hand or Index tapping. I do all 3 and still can't transition to index or one hand.

If you must voice an opinion, at least voice it, but recognize that it's not something that everyone will agree with, Mike.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:15 AM   #512
Poison-
Nope

Can you guys stop? :/
Old 01-18-2013, 10:18 AM   #513
NocturneAunamic
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to NocturneAunamic Send a message via MSN to NocturneAunamic Send a message via Skype™ to NocturneAunamic

I'm gonna have to agree with Krunky on this one. I don't think Mike even gets the point lmfao. +1 Krunky

K let's move on here.

P.S. Stankfigner to mike.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:20 AM   #514
Mike Weedmark
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

You're comparing changing between two scroll styles that present you with IDENTICAL information to changing from spread to index.

I haven't voiced any opinions. I pointed out exactly why there's a difference between going from up>down and up>anything else. The visual cues change COMPLETELY in nature rather than just in direction. It's pretty fucking factual. It's basically nothing but facts. I don't know how you're confusing it for something I pulled out of my ass. You can draw it on paper. I drew it for you in a post. Go read that post.

Otherwise, learn what an opinion is.

Quote:
No, it is not expected of someone that goes from one Scroll to another.
Actually it is. I fully expect something like that from someone like Halogen putting sustained effort into something I've tried and seen good success with with low effort. In context, I'm kind of surprised he didn't do it much sooner. He didn't flop onto DS like you seem to think. This is something he's been doing for a WHILE now.

Last edited by Mike Weedmark; 01-18-2013 at 10:24 AM..
Old 01-18-2013, 10:24 AM   #515
NocturneAunamic
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to NocturneAunamic Send a message via MSN to NocturneAunamic Send a message via Skype™ to NocturneAunamic

Quote:
You're comparing changing between two scroll styles that present you with IDENTICAL information to changing from spread to index.

I haven't voiced any opinions. I pointed out exactly why there's a difference between going from up>down and up>anything else. The visual cues change COMPLETELY in nature rather than just in direction. It's pretty fucking factual. It's basically nothing but facts. I don't know how you're confusing it for something I pulled out of my ass. You can draw it on paper. I drew it for you in a post. Go read that post.

Otherwise, learn what an opinion is.
Actually all you really did it say Up is like Down, cuz linear paths so "eh, that's decent i guess AJ"

But I guess unless you're slinging FN AAAs on up and down scroll together you can't really say it's not impressive. Hence why you're comming off as conceited and talking about some corner scroll no one even mention until you went on a tangent lol
Old 01-18-2013, 10:30 AM   #516
Poison-
Nope

Go post on each other's profiles...
Old 01-18-2013, 10:31 AM   #517
krunkykai22
<3 Jumpstream <3

Dude, lol you're really not getting the point.

It isn't factual that Up and Down scroll is easy to everyone. I've been doing DS now for over 2/3 months. AJ's reading ability is quite impressive hence his DDR videos. He's excellent with that sort of stuff, so yes a Frictional Nevada AAA might not be his most amazing feat of skill, but coming from someone like myself who can barely ready DS worth shit, it's quite impressive.

That's what you're not getting, I'm not saying your wrong in the fact that CS is completely fuckified. You're right. But the adaptation from US to DS or vice versa is not so "easy" as you are expecting it to be. Just do me a favor and go play some FGO's on US since you are a DS player and compare. Again if you do well, you've proven your point, but in my case, I can't FC shit. So I'm comparing it to someone like myself, that your "factual" points are false.

EDIT: Sorry for my delay was nom nomin on some fucking delicious pancakes.

Last edited by krunkykai22; 01-18-2013 at 10:33 AM..
Old 01-18-2013, 10:33 AM   #518
Riotpolice
"Reach For The Stars"
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Riotpolice Send a message via Skype™ to Riotpolice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX View Post
Stahhhhhhp Middieeeeee

Wat am I doing
What the hell is that score doing there. Nice job, that song's probably gonna boost you into D5
Also why is "summon" in quotation marks as usually that signifies an alternate meaning like for example last night I "visited" your mother but it really means last night I "fucked her in the ass" so exactly what is the subtext of "summon" because I am not sure I am comfortable with the implications

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0de View Post
im usually the "nice guy" around these parts.. but this is bad, and you should feel bad. i would rather dip my balls in honey and hover them over a red ant hill than to ever hear such butchered crap.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:59 AM   #519
Mike Weedmark
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Arghhhh why is this so hard to AAA? D:

Old 01-18-2013, 11:02 AM   #520
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by krunkykai22 View Post
EDIT: Sorry for my delay was nom nomin on some fucking delicious pancakes.
lol'd

Down scroll is brutal if you're used to up scroll because you're used to looking at the top and interpreting arrows how they look going up. What happens for me when I do downscroll is that I examine the patterns like upscroll, but that also means I'm viewing it the opposite direction. It isn't similar to upscroll, your mind has to reverse what you're used to reading and you have to be able to coordinate your movements in that manner too.

Also Mike that OMW has solid pa, shame about the miss though