Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2011, 04:32 PM   #41
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Drugs

My philosophy on doing drugs in the first place.

Experimentation is retarded, it only takes 1 time to become addicted, and it's not worth it to take the risk. Taking drugs for recreational purposes is also retarded, you don't need to be tripping to have a good time. More times than not, you're too damn stoned to remember anything that happened anyway, so there's really no purpose in taking them in the first place.

Alcohol is bad only if you become addicted or become too intoxicated. I don't really understand the purpose of drinking alcohol if it's just going to make you look stupid, sound stupid, and feel like shit.

Cigarettes and marijuana should both be illegal. Cigarettes can kill you. Marijuana can lead you to killing others. Neither seem like they should be legal, especially cigarettes because there has never been a medical purpose or good cause for them.

Sure tobacco chews your body up because IIRC, they put fiberglass in it, but at least you're ****ing up your own life instead of the little old lady crossing the street. This is probably the reason why cigarettes are legal too. The reason why I think cigarettes should be illegal and tobacco legal is because there's no second-hand tobacco deaths.

So basically, there are no good outcomes from taking drugs for recreation, and I don't think 99% of people doing these drugs have a medical marijuana prescription. So in my opinion, stay off the drugs, stay off the booze, stay off the cigs and it'll be better off for everyone involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldsign View Post
I'd go ahead and say that if illegal drugs were legalized, then death as a result would be a. sufficiently informed, b. have law suits against it. Lmfao nice argument.
Yeah, and if pigs flew, the universe would be a magical place. Fact of the matter is that illegal drugs are illegal, so there are no public warnings and nobody would dare make a suit resulting from taking illegal drugs. Also, I thought this was a place for discussion not trolling, this is like the 3rd time you've targeted me so far, and that makes you, sir, an asshole.

Last edited by rushyrulz; 01-20-2011 at 04:38 PM..
rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:34 PM   #42
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
Please don't be Storms, guys: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0W7Jbc_Vhw
****ing brilliant
Old 01-20-2011, 04:38 PM   #43
aperson
FFR Hall of Fame
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to aperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
My philosophy on doing drugs in the first place.
Blah blah blah
blah blah bla
Please tell me you're trolling

aperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:41 PM   #44
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!

k, nobody's allowed to have an opinion on anything anymore.

Have fun getting shitfaced and killing an innocent family of 7 on the freeway, because apparently giving legitimate reasons why I think drugs are bad is trolling now.

I'm obviously not arguing against the medical reasons of some drugs, doing drugs for recreational purposes is wrong, and I don't care what anyone else thinks. Putting other people's and you own lives at stake is extremely stupid.

Last edited by rushyrulz; 01-20-2011 at 04:43 PM..
Old 01-20-2011, 04:45 PM   #45
Kilroy_x
Little Chief Hare
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Kilroy_x

Quote:
doing drugs for recreational purposes is wrong, and I don't care what anyone else thinks.
You do know this is Critical Thinking, right?

Quote:
Putting other people's and you own lives at stake is extremely stupid.
k. Now if you could establish that's what's going on your argument might have a foundation.

What's wrong with suicide anyways?
Kilroy_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:46 PM   #46
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!

How's this, tell me how doing recreational drugs is right.

I did establish what was going on in my argument, but ap thinks I'm trolling. I have to say everything in 1 sentence or less or I get trolled.

EDIT MrGiggles post below:

http://www.nida.nih.gov/infofacts/driving.html

/argument. Keep your stoned asses off the streets and I could care less if you kill yourself making poor decisions.

Last edited by rushyrulz; 01-20-2011 at 04:50 PM..
Old 01-20-2011, 04:47 PM   #47
MrGiggles
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrGiggles Send a message via MSN to MrGiggles

Quote:
Marijuana can lead you to killing others.
[citation needed]
Quote:
I truly think that marijuana has helped me to become a more open and social person. I've become so much more comfortable with who I am and I can finally enjoy social interactions with others. I'm no social butterfly, but at least I have some genuine friends.

this post got really spergy really fast my b

Last edited by MrGiggles; 01-20-2011 at 04:50 PM..
MrGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:48 PM   #48
Kilroy_x
Little Chief Hare
FFR Veteran

Quote:

I did establish what was going on in my argument, but ap thinks I'm trolling. I have to say everything in 1 sentence or less or I get trolled.
Not really.

And it's right because I like it and it doesn't hurt anyone except me.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:53 PM   #49
ChrisReams
Trap Music Producer
FFR Veteran

Quote:
I've never tried marijuana
Quote:
More times than not, you're too damn stoned to remember anything that happened anyway
How would you know.

Quote:
..Marijuana can lead you to killing others..
Did you even read my post on page 2? You're very misinformed.
ChrisReams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:53 PM   #50
danny53x
AKA Yotipo
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to danny53x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffraxis View Post
Whats your opinion on drugs? All of us have done drugs at least once in our life (even if we didn't know that said substance is considered a drug) legal or illegal.

Do you support specific drugs? Why do you support these drugs? What are the pros/cons to this drug? Do you support drug groups, anti-drug groups? Do you support the business behind it or no?

Please, do tell.

Also in trying to support your point of view please pull some actual facts.
Drugs helped the dentist pull my teeth, and helped my dad with his arthritis, and provided senseless entertainment for the masses.

Substance abuse, however, brings people together and tears people apart... it's nothing new. It's been going on for hundreds (maybe thousands?) of years. A few laws aren't going to stop such a tradition. I don't know much about the human body, but I'm not going to take the risk for a 'revolutionary experience' on a few substances that might take some years off my life.

EDIT: I know people who safely enjoy such substances, and I can honestly say that it would without a doubt be fun to get high every day of my life, but I have personal goals and morals I've set since I was a toddler.

Last edited by danny53x; 01-20-2011 at 04:57 PM..
danny53x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:54 PM   #51
duddychuck@yahoo.com
Retired
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to duddychuck@yahoo.com Send a message via MSN to duddychuck@yahoo.com Send a message via Yahoo to duddychuck@yahoo.com Send a message via Skype™ to duddychuck@yahoo.com

Plus the Jails are jam packed with people who got arrested for small amounts of marijuana, and they arent necessarily bad people who belong there. Legalize it andbam, problem solved. Bad people in jail sounds like a good idea to me.

PS: And your Taco Bell stocks will go through the roof.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:56 PM   #52
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisReams View Post
How would you know.
I don't live under a rock. It's not a big secret that smoking a ton of marijuana screws your memory up. My main argument here is simply this: People go out to a party sober, they take some hard drugs or smoke some weed or drink alcohol, etc. They get back in their cars and are operating a 2 ton machine travelling at 60 MPH while their perception is skewed. It pisses me off when people drive stoned or drunk because you end up taking innocent people's lives just because you wanted to enjoy yourself a little more.

In short, YES, marijuana can be the catalyst that can cause you to go out and cause a motor vehicle homicide.

Last edited by rushyrulz; 01-20-2011 at 04:59 PM..
Old 01-20-2011, 04:58 PM   #53
MrGiggles
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrGiggles Send a message via MSN to MrGiggles

Quote:
I don't live under a rock. It's not a big secret that smoking a ton of marijuana screws your memory up.
but that's different from what you said before.
Quote:
More times than not, you're too damn stoned to remember anything that happened anyway
and this is wrong.

Well, for me. I'm checking out online to see if that's an issue for other people, but I definitely retain most of my experiences high.

Last edited by MrGiggles; 01-20-2011 at 05:03 PM..
MrGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:58 PM   #54
aperson
FFR Hall of Fame

Quote:
k, nobody's allowed to have an opinion on anything anymore.

Have fun getting shitfaced and killing an innocent family of 7 on the freeway, because apparently giving legitimate reasons why I think drugs are bad is trolling now.

I'm obviously not arguing against the medical reasons of some drugs, doing drugs for recreational purposes is wrong, and I don't care what anyone else thinks. Putting other people's and you own lives at stake is extremely stupid.
ok let's see here.

------
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz
Experimentation is retarded, it only takes 1 time to become addicted, and it's not worth it to take the risk.
Please respond to my previous post I made that addresses this same issue and demonstrates how it isn't just confined to chemicals. Should shopping be illegal:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson
Some people can go shopping without getting addicted; some people are addicted to shopping and are in financial ruin. Some people smoke weed every once in awhile and go about their lives normally; some people spend all their time smoking weed and lose any motivation or direction in life. Some people try heroin once and their lives go into a downard spiral; some people try heroin a few times and decide it isn't for them.
You are arguing that if it is possible to get addicted to something then it should be illegal. If that's the case everything should be illegal because I can't think of anything that it isn't possible to get addicted to. So obviously the answer here is in shades of gray and not black and white, which you seem to be vehemently against.

------
Quote:
Taking drugs for recreational purposes is also retarded, you don't need to be tripping to have a good time. More times than not, you're too damn stoned to remember anything that happened anyway, so there's really no purpose in taking them in the first place.
First off, as someone who has never done drugs, please tell me how you know that if you smoke weed you are "too damn stoned to remember anything that happened anyway." I've rewritten most of the code for this site stoned and I remember pretty much every change I've made.

Second, you seem to think that the only 'recreational' purpose is 'having a good time.' Did you also totally gloss over this post that I made:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson
You seem to be under the mistaken impression that the only reason people take drugs is to "artificially enjoy themselves." I've taken a wide variety of drugs and my primary purpose in doing them was to understand myself better. I find that you learn more about what you are actually composed of, both physically and mentally, by jarring the flow of things and seeing how your body copes with it. There are many others who share the same view, try googling the term 'Entheogen.'
------
Quote:
Alcohol is bad only if you become addicted or become too intoxicated. I don't really understand the purpose of drinking alcohol if it's just going to make you look stupid, sound stupid, and feel like shit.
I like a good glass of beer with my dinner. There's nothing like a nice ale to go with your meal; there are flavors that you won't find anywhere else, aromas too. It's a really incredible experience if you just pause and take it in. I also don't like to get more than a little bit buzzed because it quickly turns from enjoyable to mostly just a headache and an obnoxious next morning. I nor anyone else that has been around me drunk think that I looks stupid or sound stupid when drunk. I mostly just want to talk or play a video game or something.

------
Quote:
Cigarettes and marijuana should both be illegal. Cigarettes can kill you. Marijuana can lead you to killing others. Neither seem like they should be legal, especially cigarettes because there has never been a medical purpose or good cause for them.
So people aren't free to make a choice as to whether they can do something that kills them? Whoa there sir, put down that mushroom it contains carcinogens which have a chance of possibly making your life less long.

Also, please cite an article that lists being under the influence of marijuana as the principle cause of someone killing someone else. http://news.google.com get searching

------
Quote:
Sure tobacco chews your body up because IIRC, they put fiberglass in it, but at least you're ****ing up your own life instead of the little old lady crossing the street. This is probably the reason why cigarettes are legal too. The reason why I think cigarettes should be illegal and tobacco legal is because there's no second-hand tobacco deaths.
Google search: fiberglass cigarettes, this is the first result
http://www.snopes.com/business/alliance/menthol.asp
"There's no fiberglass in cigarettes. Granted, RJR did try using a fiberglass shell on its flopped smokeless cigarettes in 1994, but that part of the contraption wasn't ingested by the smoker; it was more of a housing, if you will. Other than that, no fiberglass. "

This is the reason we're getting angry at you in this thread. You are spouting beliefs that 5 seconds of google hunting disprove and then you use those beliefs as a fulcrum to tell us that drugs are wrong.

------
Quote:
So basically, there are no good outcomes from taking drugs for recreation, and I don't think 99% of people doing these drugs have a medical marijuana prescription. So in my opinion, stay off the drugs, stay off the booze, stay off the cigs and it'll be better off for everyone involved.
Spoken like someone who has never done a drug "recreationally"

Old 01-20-2011, 05:01 PM   #55
ChrisReams
Trap Music Producer
FFR Veteran

Quote:
I don't live under a rock. It's not a big secret that smoking a ton of marijuana screws your memory up.
The point I'm making is that none of your opinions come from personal experience. They come from what you've been taught or told.

You said "More times than not, you're too damn stoned to remember anything that happened anyway".

I can remember the events that happen when I'm stoned. And I can remember those events way down the road also. I have hundreds of good memories when I was smoking weed. So, that's why I think what you said is silly.

Quote:
People go out to a party sober, they take some hard drugs or smoke some weed or drink alcohol, etc. They get back in their cars and are operating a 2 ton machine travelling at 60 MPH while their perception is skewed.
I drive slower when I'm high. If the speed limit is 45, I go 40. Because I am more paranoid. So, no. You're wrong again.

Last edited by ChrisReams; 01-20-2011 at 05:08 PM..
Old 01-20-2011, 05:05 PM   #56
Kilroy_x
Little Chief Hare
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Because I am more relaxed and more paranoid.
There's something perplexing about that particular word combination.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:06 PM   #57
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!

@ aperson alcohol response

I said alcohol is only bad if you get addicted (alcoholism) or become too intoxicated.

I don't see how having a beer with your meal is becoming an alcoholic or getting drunk.

@ aperson tobacco argument

I was referring to chewing tobacco, not cigarettes here, sorry if this was confusing.

Old 01-20-2011, 05:07 PM   #58
aperson
FFR Hall of Fame

Quote:
@ aperson alcohol response

I said alcohol is only bad if you get addicted (alcoholism) or become too intoxicated.

I don't see how having a beer with your meal is becoming an alcoholic or getting drunk.

@ aperson tobacco argument

I was referring to chewing tobacco, not cigarettes here, sorry if this was confusing.
Congrats you posted two rebuttals to points that are mostly tangential to my argument. Now please address the rest of them.

Edit: There is also no fiberglass in chewing tobacco either
"There is a widespread urban myth that fiberglass is added which is incorrect, resulting in higher and faster nicotine absorption, but at least in the case of snus, the appearance of glass-like particles may be due to the formation of salt crystals."[1]

Old 01-20-2011, 05:09 PM   #59
ChrisReams
Trap Music Producer
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilroy_x View Post
There's something perplexing about that particular word combination.
Yeah, it didn't exactly come out how I meant it to, lol. So I just put paranoid.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:09 PM   #60
Kilroy_x
Little Chief Hare
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Lmao, I just realized that. Seems contradictory, but somehow it remains true for me.
That's why I didn't correct you. I can't argue with your conscious experience, something I have no experience with, especially given that my limited experience with marijuana means no analogue for it. A lot of conscious states normally assumed contradictory are actually fully compatible. Like pain and pleasure.