Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game

Old 10-6-2009, 06:26 PM   #21
tupacodaman
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to tupacodaman
Default Re: TWG LXXXIX: Host Sign-ups

[quote=FictionJunction;3249936]actually, if the map only has three square you're free to move everywhere, picture a triangle.
/quote]

but then you'd have to move diagonal :P. but ok, if this is the case where you can move to any square when the map is reduced to 3, then that's cool
tupacodaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-6-2009, 07:00 PM   #22
Ruritsu
FFR Player

On second thought Fic, I kinda want to see that happen. Just curious as to how it would play out.

Last edited by Ruritsu; 10-6-2009 at 07:00 PM.. Reason: Spelling how you haunt me so.
Ruritsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-6-2009, 07:01 PM   #23
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

I'd like to play something normal for a change, so im going to vote for Vicca with her game as is.

I'd like the bomber role to be an instant, real time kill if possible, to prevent a quick alliance from forming and then going underground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
DarkManticoreX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-6-2009, 07:04 PM   #24
A2P
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to A2P

Syhto came up with a game. I am posting in place of her because she is banned from the forums until Wednesday.

TWG – DRAGONS AMONGST US

16 players:

4 wolves
2 blues
10 humans

WOLVES:
Firkraag (MW)- The dragon king. Will be seer'd as human the first time. If he is seer'd again, he will be seer'd as red.
Morkeleb- a dark black dragon that blends in with the night sky. Has the ability to fly once, which will let him peer into someone's home and see who they truly are.
Boldizar- a normal dragon.
Falkor- a normal dragon.

BLUES:
knight (guardian)- sends guard during day, guardings inacted during night. Cannot guard against items.
wizard (seer)- seers one person per day phase.

PEASANTS (humans):
King- The King has an item, which is his crown. The crown shows the king's divinity, and therefore, the King can choose to kill whoever he chooses. However, this only works once and is PM'd to the host during the day phase. When the host recieves the message they will announce it publicly before voting ends for the day.

ex) Player1 has 5 votes and is lynched. Player2 was chosen by the king to be beheaded. – Player 2 is beheaded at the beginning of the following day. (END OF NIGHT)

If the King is killed, wolves will be able to loot the crown, and use it during the day for an extra kill the next morning. Host will then announce “______ has been sentenced to execution by royal decree. ______ has been beheaded. ______ has been lynched.” Normal procedure, but with a beheading. The crown can only be used by the king or by the wolves.

9 Peasants

Corpselooting: ON
Night Talking: ON
Cardflipping: OFF

Additional items:
1 Sword
1 Lantern

Host's AIM - amanetora
A2P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-6-2009, 07:50 PM   #25
clarinet89
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to clarinet89 Send a message via MSN to clarinet89

I added a seer and guard to my game.

Questionable Content
clarinet89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-6-2009, 09:27 PM   #26
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to iggymatrixcounter

Guys, just so you know, any game that can set up an iron clad alliance is going to have little to no activity beyond day2 MAYBE day3.

And fix your games before you post them, these should be FINAL drafts of your games, not an idea that popped into your head and still needs fixing.

Also, unless your game can create kills other than lynchings and wolfings, having a game with an odd number of players to start is an advantage to the wolves because there is always one or two humans that get phantoms and are used to create an insta lynch with that marginal vote. (It's how we won last game, had there been an odd number of players during the day, we could not have gotten that lynch so easily).

An ideal game skeleton has the following factors: 1) An even number of players 2) No iron clad alliances to destroy activity 3) Enough game strategy to get people talking but not so much that people do not want to learn it's mechanics. (HINT: How you type up your idea will have an effect on how people think it'll play out. Make sure you're concise, not overly wordy, and explain every aspect well. Spelling and grammar never hurt anyone either XD) 4) Enough players to meet the demand of ACTIVE twg players. (I.E. do not run a 20 man game when only 12-14 players are actually active) 5) Above everything else, is fair to both wolves and humans (and third parties if applicable)

Build your game around these guidelines and I think you will have better game quality, thus leading to better players.

The only games that I see that seem to meet these requirements: Fiction's (kind of), sytho (if you removed the guard and assuming the sword is also a vigi kill).

The games posted that I think need to be readjusted: clarinet's, vic's, ruritsu's, and BDN's (most likely, can't say for sure though).

But that's just my opinion, it basically up to whatever the people want to play, but I think if you put more thought into your games, you could come up with some awesome stuff.

If you do not feel that your game is up to these guidelines but want them to be, I would be happy to look at them. But if you post a game, people are going to assume that everything you have is what you want, despite what makes a good game.

With that being said, if sytho removed her guardian, I would play it. Otherwise, I think they are all not worthy imo. But like I said, I would be happy to help anyone with their idea(s). I like making games even if I do not have the consistency to host them XD.

@afro: a man hunt game would be awesome, but it would have to be short, no more than a week or so long. I'm thinking 11 players: 1 wolf and two wolfings a night. The number of players in the game could be any number divisible by three minus 1 so that on the last day you had 2 humans and the lonewolf, but that's just what I would do..... hint hint hint

Last edited by iggymatrixcounter; 10-6-2009 at 09:31 PM..
iggymatrixcounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-6-2009, 09:49 PM   #27
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Ok I have some extra time so I'll add my 2 cents about the games I ripped on. I'm only focusing on it's skeleton, I do not know if it's balanced or not, or if my suggestions would bring it out of balance or not, I'll leave that job to each respective host XD.

CLARINET: take out the guardian, maybe add 3 masons to help out the human's lose of forming an alliance. (seers always see blues as humans btw.) Maybe drop it down to 14 players to speed it up.

VIC: the wolfsbane will come out day1 and setup an alliance with the guard and seer and psychic. Both the alliance head and the seer will be untouchable, this is a big flaw. If you really want a guard, do not have a wolfsbane and vice versa. Two humans that are protected against wolf attacks is unfair imo. (The suicide bomber does not make it even because the wolves lose a team member.) Either have the guardian OR the wolfsbane and the suicide bomber kills someone without dying or take all three of those roles out. I do not like your idea of the purples because it seems like you have two people that hinge solely on a specific person dying. Seems novel to me. (Plus I agree with the things afro presented)

RURITSU: I think you tried to run this before, but it's unfair to the humans because the wolves have to be lynched in a certain order, I think it takes away a full day from the humans if they did not do it in the right order. And you only have three days to find the pack defender (assuming a human gets a phantom, which is a good assumption). I'd say either drop the wolf count to two or add 3-5 more players. Make it an even number as well since it's likely the seer will not use his vigi power unless it's to win the game. At least I wouldn't use it until it would win the game.

BDN: too many people, the last game was inactive with 16 player, adding 4 more will not help activity, no matter how crazy it is. If it's mystery, you better make sure you know what you're doing. I'll look at it, even if it costs me a player slot. I hate to see games destroyed because of one or two broken rules that the host did not consider.

Thanks for noting.
Old 10-6-2009, 09:53 PM   #28
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

@vic: Another point, if you ran your game as is, you have a human alliance setting up that could potentially be 7 people, almost half of the players will be known by the alliance leader day1. If the wolves kill any of those unknowns, a human victory is almost certain every time. It needs to be changed, no longer a suggestion.
Old 10-6-2009, 09:53 PM   #29
Brilliant Dynamite Neon
nobody fiffers anymore.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Brilliant Dynamite Neon Send a message via Yahoo to Brilliant Dynamite Neon

I've had my game in the cooker for quite a while and had two people review the early draft. I can say without ego that my game has many of the "ideal" characteristics. It is not overly complex with its roles or mechanics, but has lots of interesting possibilities. The only sticking point is the size, but I still posted it now because this is one of the few times in my TWG career where we can even dream of supporting a game this big.

Thanks for the memories, folks. u da bes
Brilliant Dynamite Neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-6-2009, 10:08 PM   #30
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

@fiction: I take it back, I think I found a way to setup an iron clad alliance with all the blues, render the wolf's crowd controller useless, and start up with up to 6 people day 1. Something would need to change to make it fair for the wolves.
Old 10-6-2009, 10:19 PM   #31
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

I recommend we play something normal, so everyone has time to fix their games.

16 players:

1 Seer
1 Psychic

10 Humans

1 MW
3 wolves

Nothing fancy. Just a good old normal game.

No I am not hosting this I would like someone else to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
DarkManticoreX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-6-2009, 10:34 PM   #32
freakysnots
八一
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
I recommend we play something normal, so everyone has time to fix their games.

16 players:

1 Seer
1 Psychic

10 Humans

1 MW
3 wolves

Nothing fancy. Just a good old normal game.

No I am not hosting this I would like someone else to.
this but I want a guard instead of a psychic.

freakysnots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-6-2009, 10:51 PM   #33
Brilliant Dynamite Neon
nobody fiffers anymore.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Brilliant Dynamite Neon Send a message via Yahoo to Brilliant Dynamite Neon

My game is "fixed" and I would like it to still be in the running, although manti charisma usually = epic defeat. but oh well, cant win em all.

sleepytime nao.

Thanks for the memories, folks. u da bes
Brilliant Dynamite Neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-6-2009, 11:19 PM   #34
Temote
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Temote

I'm actually interested to see what BDN has in mind. =P

If I remember, he was considering posting this at the last sign-ups, which means he's had plenty of time to work out the kinks. XD
Temote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-7-2009, 12:17 AM   #35
tupacodaman
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to tupacodaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggymatrixcounter View Post
@fiction: I take it back, I think I found a way to setup an iron clad alliance with all the blues, render the wolf's crowd controller useless, and start up with up to 6 people day 1. Something would need to change to make it fair for the wolves.

did you talk to fic about this? I voiced my concerns to him and he addressed them already. I'd like to play his game, and if no one else fixes their games appropriately I guess i'll vote for BDN's game since his games always involve everyone and have generally good activity
tupacodaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-7-2009, 12:58 AM   #36
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction

iggy, send me a pm explaining how you'd go about doing this. I've thought of several strategies and I don't see it happening.
FictionJunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-7-2009, 02:37 AM   #37
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakysnots View Post
this but I want a guard instead of a psychic.
That would be alliance fodder, you dork. The point is to give humans things to talk about, things to work with, without making the whole thing alliance driven. You might like alliances for winning games for you, but they kill activity and make the games BORING, particularly for players outside of the alliance with no chance of getting in.

But really, if you want an alliance to win the game for you, you're playing the wrong game. Logic, deduction, social interaction/engineering. These are the things that a fun game of mafia/TWG is based on.

Manti, looks good. Why not give that to clarinet for his "no bells and whistles" format? Whoever is willing to host manti's game gets my vote. If no one pops up to do it, I'll give my vote to clarinet's game.
Old 10-7-2009, 03:22 AM   #38
emerald000
the Mathemagician~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to emerald000

It has been a while since I want to host a game, but I never got around to. So, I propose myself to host Manti's game:

16 players:

1 Seer
1 Psychic

10 Humans

1 MW
3 wolves
emerald000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-7-2009, 03:41 AM   #39
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean