Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game

Old 10-5-2009, 07:49 PM   #1
A2P
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to A2P
Default TWG LXXXIX: Host Sign-ups

edit: reserved until grace period is over

Last edited by A2P; 10-5-2009 at 08:30 PM..
A2P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-5-2009, 07:57 PM   #2
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2
Default Re: TWG LXXXIX: Host Sign-ups

I was intentionally waiting two days so that people said everything they wanted to in postgame.

I would have put this up in another hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
DarkManticoreX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-5-2009, 08:15 PM   #3
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to iggymatrixcounter

A2P, please follow procedure; the host from the last game starts the thread for the host signups for the next game. He then updates his first post with all the hosting ideas presented in the thread or via PM. (preferably PM so the thread does not get clogged with stuff.)
Old 10-5-2009, 10:17 PM   #4
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction

TWG: Location, Location, Location!

As the title suggests, this game is centered around player movement. Special roles have been designed to control said movement and analyze player activity. Movement does not have an immediate effect on what you, as a player, are able to do; however, it does allow special roles and gutsy humans to protect or hurt either team's endeavors.

The rooms do not have an immediate effect on the players. i.e. you will not receive the ability to vigi upon entering a particular room. Your location simply changes. That is all.

----------------------

16 players
4/12

Wolves:
Wolfing will be more engaging than it has been in previous games. All wolves have the ability to wolf a player of choice; however, in accordance to each wolf's abilities and current location the wolves will have different wolfing pools to choose humans from.

Masterwolf: A wolf with a taste for the color green. Can only wolf players who are in the same room as he is.
Crowd Controller: Can choose to either thwart a player's movement or transfer a player from one location to another every night. Can only wolf players who are in the same room as he is.
Cross Wolf: Can only wolf players that are not in the same room as he is.
Wolf: Can wolf players who are in the same room as he is.

I will only count the last wolf request I have received before the night phase ends. You have only yourselves to blame for poor communication.

HINT: USE PMs

Humans:
Seer: Seers a player of choice every night. He can only seer players who are in the same room as he is.
Cross Guard: Guards a player of choice every night. He can only guard players who are in rooms different from his own.
Guard (Useless): Thinks he can guard a player of his choice every night. The guard is bound to fail, unbeknownst to the player. He can only target players who are in the same room as he is.
Guard: Guards a player of choice every night. He can only guard players who are in the same room as he is.
Crowd Controller: Can choose to either thwart a player's movement or transfer a player from one location to another every night.
Humans x7: As useful as they choose to be.

-----

Movement

Players will be randomly placed in one of four rooms at the beginning of the game.

The number of squares available are reduced along with the number of players left in the game.
16 - 13 = 4
12 - 9 = 3
8 - 5 = 2
4 = 1

Movement is restricted to both vertical and horizontal movement. So, if you're in the TOP LEFT square you will only be allowed to move to the TOP RIGHT or the BOTTOM LEFT squares. Diagonal movement is impossible unless the player has been moved by a Crowd Controller.

As players die out, so will the squares. The rule above does not matter when 3, 2, and single square maps are considered.

Players will be informed of everyone's locations at the beginning of each day phase.
Players will receive a PM with a list of players who are in the same room every night. These PMs, much like role PMs, may not be used in game. You cannot post this PM in the thread and you can't copy paste it into AIM or other PMs amongst yourselves.
All players in the room will receive the PM as a group. Just check the 'sent to' list at the top of the PM to learn who the PM was sent to.

Players are allowed to move at the end of both day and night phases.

---

Possible amendments:
1. Add a psychic.
2. Cut the fake guard.
3. Keeping a continuous 4 square map throughout the entirety of the game.
3.1 Adding global penalties (randomizing player locations, etc) if a square is completely deserted.

Comments always appreciated.

Last edited by FictionJunction; 10-6-2009 at 01:09 PM..
FictionJunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-6-2009, 05:50 AM   #5
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Someone should host a manhunt. Screw roleplaying games. I want to play the werewolf game!
Old 10-6-2009, 09:06 AM   #6
clarinet89
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to clarinet89 Send a message via MSN to clarinet89

TWG LXXXIX: No Bells or Whistles
14 players

3 wolves - 1 MW, 2 Normal Wolves

1 Seer

3 Masons

7 humans

No Items

Final Destination

Questionable Content

Last edited by clarinet89; 10-6-2009 at 10:03 PM..
clarinet89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-6-2009, 09:39 AM   #7
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction

But manhunts are boring and there are no leads to go by other than your random accusations - someone build a game that's not too complicated or far from the norm
Old 10-6-2009, 09:40 AM   #8
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Plus, manhunts only have one wolf clarinet
Old 10-6-2009, 09:51 AM   #9
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FictionJunction View Post
But manhunts are boring and there are no leads to go by other than your random accusations - someone build a game that's not too complicated or far from the norm
I can see why you'd think that, even though I disagree and consider those games where everything is logic or deduction based to be most interesting.

So, how about clarinet's joke suggestion plus a seer. No guardian though. Or how about a double manhunt. Two lone wolves of two factions, two kills per night, etc.

I just don't want a ton of items and wacky role playing game bull****.
Old 10-6-2009, 11:35 AM   #10
Viccica
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Viccica Send a message via MSN to Viccica

Topsy Turvy

One day the TWG gang decides to go to the Carnival. Everything starts to go wrong in the random.org house of fun...

16 players

4 wolves

Master wolf - Is seered green. Sends in the wolf pm for the night.
Suicide Bomber - Can choose to kill himself and one other person at any point in the game.
Seer Wolf - Can choose one target per night to seer at the cost of his day action.
Normal Wolf

Seer - Can choose to seer any player of their choosing. Is seered blue.
Guard - Can guard one person of their choosing at night. Is seered blue.
Psychic - Is seered green. Is given the number of wolves left in the game at the beginning of every day phase.
Wolvesbane - Cannot be killed at night. Seered red.

Masked Avenger - Will randomly be paired with a normal human if that normal human is killed, this person must work to kill the rest of the team that killed the human they were paired with. Is seered blue.

Masked Defender - Must work directly against the Masked Avenger and whichever side they are trying to help. Gets a one time sheild to use on themself or a player of their choosing. Is seered green.

6 normal humans

In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

Sincerely,

Your Client
Eco Friendly
~Chu
Viccica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-6-2009, 12:12 PM   #11
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Viccica, blues should be seer'd as green if the human seer looks at them. The wolf seer should be able to see green or blue, while the human seer should only see red or green. I see you were trying to mix things up by having a blue seer as red, but that just ****s everything up AND gives the seer the ability to 100% confirm a human if they catch a non-wolf. I'd also say the masked roles should be seer'd as green, because if the blues are already defined in the seer's mind, there could be a bunch of **** go down if the seer looks at one of the masked characters.

And what do you mean when you say the red seer sacrifices his day action?

For the wolfsbane, is their immunity also to the "suicide bomber" wolf's kill? Can the guardian guard against this kill if the suicide bomber happens to use his power at night?

And the stuff about the "masked" roles seems a little light on necessary description. Do you mean to say that if the avenger's partner is lynched, he wins if the wolves win, while if his partner is wolfed, he wins if humans win? What is the avenger's win condition if his partner lives until the end, human victory? Does the avenger know he is the avenger, does his partner know he is the avenger, does he know who his partner is?

For the defender, does he know who the avenger is? Is he told by the host when his win condition is defined or changed? Does he need to figure out who the avenger is, ANNNNNNND figure out which side the avenger is helping, if he wants to figure out what he needs to do to try to achieve his win condition? And when you say shield, do you mean a wolfsbane/guardian situation? Does his protection protect against the suicide bomber wolf?

Last edited by Afrobean; 10-6-2009 at 12:14 PM..
Afrobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-6-2009, 12:45 PM   #12
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Quote:
Guard (Useless): Thinks he can guard a player of his choice every night. The guard will fail. He can only guard players who are in the same room as he is.
So he thinks he can guard anybody, but can only guard people in his room, but his guard fails anyway, so that second clause is irellevant.

Unless you mean "Thinks he can guard anyone, CAN guard his room, attempts to guard people not in his room fail" in which case he's not actually useless.

And to Viccica: I think you're phrasing the masked role descriptions in a way that isn't really kosher. In that it sounds like you're saying "Avenger gets paired with a human. If the human dies, the avenger has to get killed everyone responsible for the death of the human" which means if the paired human gets wolved, that they become a green human (ie. want to kill wolves and not humans) and if the paired human gets lynched, they become some sort of lonewolf trying to get what, just the people who voted for the human killed? Unless their win condition becomes "Once everyone who killed your paired person dies, game ends, you are the sole winner" you basically force them to start playing a role counter to what they'd want to do, which is to get humans killed.

Last edited by devonin; 10-6-2009 at 12:49 PM..
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-6-2009, 12:54 PM   #13
FictionJunction
FFR Player

'guard' as in targeting a player. The guard itself will fail.

edit: edited my original post - I've clarified a few things

Last edited by FictionJunction; 10-6-2009 at 01:05 PM..
Old 10-6-2009, 01:04 PM   #14
Ruritsu
FFR Player

TWG LXXXVI: Lone wolf...

13 Players

The Lone Wolf - If he is lynched the humans win.

The Pack's Defender - The lone wolf cannot be lynched until he is killed.

Sly Wolf - May switch roles with the lone wolf durring the night.

Seer/Vigi - Can act as a seer, or vigi somebody durring the night, however, the vigi will cost their power. Send either a "Seer Player X" or "Vigi Player X" to prevent confusion.

Dead Eye - If this player is the first person to vote for somebody during a lynching phase and that person is lynched, their lynching will not be stopped by other effects.

7 Humans

1 Unlucky Human - If this person is the last to vote on a person that would be lynched, the lynch fails. Is unaware of this detriment.
Old 10-6-2009, 03:32 PM   #15
Brilliant Dynamite Neon
nobody fiffers anymore.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Brilliant Dynamite Neon Send a message via Yahoo to Brilliant Dynamite Neon

Hey, I have a pretty good mystery game with only roles and powers driving the game. It's pretty big though (20 players)

Thanks for the memories, folks. u da bes
Brilliant Dynamite Neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-6-2009, 03:39 PM   #16
Gun92
The Paragon of Perfection
FFR Veteran

BDN
Gun92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-6-2009, 04:16 PM   #17
Brilliant Dynamite Neon
nobody fiffers anymore.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Brilliant Dynamite Neon Send a message via Yahoo to Brilliant Dynamite Neon

Wait until I post the description dork.

Battle for Ouka

20 players
COLOR Cardflipping
No Items or Special Mechanics, just your roles and wits.
Multiple factions(?)

What you thank?

Even though I probably need way more experience playing, I think now's a good time to spring this one.

Thanks for the memories, folks. u da bes

Last edited by Brilliant Dynamite Neon; 10-6-2009 at 04:22 PM..
Brilliant Dynamite Neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-6-2009, 04:20 PM   #18
tupacodaman
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to tupacodaman

fic, I like your game, but yea, I'd suggest cutting the fake guard. also, I like reducing the number of rooms, but I think that 3 squares is kind of awkward, so maybe have like a bridge connecting them if that makes sense? with 4 squares, you always have the opportunity of moving to two different locations, no matter what square you're in. but then with 3, you'll be limited to 1 if you're in a corner. then you'll have one phase where everyone is in the center square. so adding this connecting "bridge" between the extreme corners would fix that (if this is even an issue, in your book).

also, that brings me to another point: while you're thinking about giving penalties for abandoning squares, is there a maximum number of people that can be in a room? and you don't HAVE to move, right?
tupacodaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-6-2009, 04:32 PM   #19
FictionJunction
FFR Player

actually, if the map only has three square you're free to move everywhere, picture a triangle. It really makes the crowd controller's job harder and easier.. his targets are less detectable the less squares are available but his role's influence is substantially diminished as well. There are plenty of ways the crowd controller could put his role to use, though.. even if the map only had two squares at the time.

There is no maximum number of players allowed in any given room, and you're not forced to move. But, even as a human, you'll probably want to coordinate your movements to help the seer and the guards protect themselves from being discovered.

EDIT:
I've decided that there will be a global relocation penalty if a square is completely abandoned at any given time.
The number of squares will reduce along with the number of players alive.

Last edited by FictionJunction; 10-6-2009 at 04:42 PM..
Old 10-6-2009, 04:47 PM   #20
Gun92
The Paragon of Perfection
FFR Veteran

I'm still going to vote for BDN. And I usually don't check this thread twice so I just wanted to get my vote in :P
Gun92 is offline   Reply With Quote