Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 11:26 AM   #961
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

Default Re: League of Legends

You actually don't need to get to level 30 -- just quit co op vs AI for a bit and play normals. Once your W/L ratio goes up more, you'll start seeing smurfs or ex-DotA/HoN players who have a good understanding of the mechanics.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:30 AM   #962
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch0wl View Post
You actually don't need to get to level 30 -- just quit co op vs AI for a bit and play normals. Once your W/L ratio goes up more, you'll start seeing smurfs or ex-DotA/HoN players who have a good understanding of the mechanics.
That's the plan. Haven't co op'd in awhile other than to get the daily/try new champs (though, I wish many of these players would There's no way they could beat the intermediate bots)
Old 08-11-2011, 11:59 AM   #963
hi19hi19
lol happy

I -hate- solo queue. Queue with people you know who are on vent or don't play LoL at all.

In other news I finally got level 10 and get Clairvoyance, now I can play support without looking like a total retard

Sona is really fun endgame. Just QWE QWE QWE QWE so you can put all your focus into good positioning and getting a good ult (which I still suck at but hey, I'm learning)

Old 08-11-2011, 12:17 PM   #964
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

you guys should remember that

1. not everyone is as smart as us
2. not everyone knows how the game works at that level, and therefore don't understand concepts such as teamplay or composition or farming
3. not everyone cares about a high level game like you guys do

in a strategy game, the objective is to counter the opponent's strategy. just because something works in high level play, doesn't mean it'll work in low level play. we all know this. so why are you surprised at that kind of play in solo queue?

when you go into solo queue, just focus on 3 things:
1. how to perform well as in individual
2. learn when to help your teammates and when not to
3. learn how to gently lead your team

this is how you carry people in solo queue ranked anyways. eventually, if you do this enough you'll reach a point where your normal elo will put you in higher level games anyways

it all comes down to an understanding of not only the game, but how other people play the game as well. you guys learn fast/have experience/etc so you know how the game works to a basic degree, but it's even more important to remember that your play needs to change based on how everyone else is playing

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
Old 08-11-2011, 12:22 PM   #965
WTFBrandon
Shout out to Hades
FFR Veteran

Reach, play with me. I've been looking for a serious player because same stuff happens to me. Don't have a 30 yet either so it will be easy. Been playing for a while now and know how to play with plenty of characters. I'm sure we can easily find a third if you want for 3v3 if not we can just solo a lane in 5v5 and pray the other 3 don't suck... Unless someone wants to play wit us?
It gets super annoying seeing your team constantly running out and you having to run down to help them out. Or when you ask for help they keep going solo and don't say anything.

Also, if anybody has any characters that aren't noob friendly, looking fir a new char to use who is a little more advanced that requires more thinking rather than rush rush rush. Can be any type of char.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:16 PM   #966
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargroup100 View Post
you guys should remember that

most people are bad
I am slowly realizing all of this; it doesn't make it any less annoying though :P

I'm not even good. I'm pretty mediocre TBH. I guess I just have relatively good game sense, which isn't something I developed playing LoL...I already had it. Many players however, do not have it.

In other news, Brand is very, very strong. I might buy him in the future so I have an AP carry.

edit: can anyone describe to me the current 3v3 meta and general strategy? I haven't played any 3v3s vs people yet, but am interested.

Also, are there any notable champions that are good to start with? I would imagine Ashe being horrible in 3v3 whereas someone like Mordekaiser probably es #1. I'm thinking Alistar might dominate in 3v3, so I could try him.

edit2: http://i.imgur.com/tFU6A.png

it's shit like this D: I call mid, GP immediately takes it in game and won't leave, proceeds to go 0/4 in the first few minutes against teemo because 'OMG HE GOES INVISIBLE!' and is unimaginably bad (wastes ult on creeps, then decides to try to dive teemo), switches with veigar, who too goes 0/4. I offer to take twice and get rejected. Team keeps feeding, despite my hawk shots revealing teemo in the *most utterly obviously places imaginable* and they keep feeding.

We won the two team fights easily because I crushed them, but everyone decided to surrender before I was maxed >_>

Last edited by Reach; 08-11-2011 at 04:49 PM..
Old 08-12-2011, 01:40 AM   #967
hi19hi19
lol happy

The most fed Teemo ever lollllll

apparently the 3v3 meta is pick tanky dps with sustain = win. So i'd imagine alistar is a good bet.
not too sure though because i've only played one 3v3 match and i, as usual, went support (taric) and it was kinda lame. Not enough stuff happening for my tastes

p.s. reach u should play a game with me i support you rong tiem

Old 08-12-2011, 11:06 AM   #968
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers

in 5v5 fights, the objective is to protect the carry which has enough damage output to tear apart the whole team if given the opportunity. the drawback is that this carry is extremely squishy and dies to focus instantly.

in 3v3 fights, you would only have 2 champions to protect your carry, as opposed to 4, which means there is much, much less peel to protect your allies with. because of this, you want to pick a champion that is good at not only dealing damage, but shrugging off other damage and cc and overall just being able to dive straight into an entire team

also, because there's only 3 champions in play, snowballing hard to a victory is extremely important. any champion that can farm up and gain exp fast will definitely have a distinct advantage. jungle control is even more important right off the bat because the laning phase is essentially fused into the fighting phase

http://rog.clgaming.net/tier-lists/54-threes/latest

the champs I like for 3v3 personally:
singed: ult gives retarded regen and you can't run from it but you can't fight him either. hardly ever dies and has crazy strong map control. farms like a beast too
mundo: isn't great in 5v5 because he doesn't offer much as part of a team comp, but with less champions in the equation, his health regen is quite overpowered and people underestimate his damage output
trynd: need I say more? already a hyper carry but with so little peel on the enemy team he has free reign to get in a fight and output damage

Old 08-14-2011, 06:34 PM   #969
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
singed: ult gives retarded regen and you can't run from it but you can't fight him either. hardly ever dies and has crazy strong map control. farms like a beast too
This. God damn, I basically haven't even died on this map yet and wins have been pretty easy. After ~11 or so and you have a rod of ages, you really should not chase singed.

He's incredibly annoying, and the other team gets fed up pretty frequently and they try to triple team me while I'm doing a solo duo push. Every time, I pop my ult and poison, ghost, adhesive, and they completely overcommit to trying to kill me and by the time they realize that they shouldn't chase singed, we ace them and it's gg...

I've been going: Sapphire+2pots to start, boots (ninjas?), catalyst, ROA, Rylias, Force of Nature...and then whatever (when a game wouldn't end I went Thornmail and Banshee's and was unkillable 3v1. Darting in and out through the jungle like a retard with the occasional toss and adhesive caused more damage to them than me).

Is that good?

Last edited by Reach; 08-14-2011 at 09:29 PM..
Old 08-14-2011, 07:11 PM   #970
All_That_Chaz
Supreme Dictator For Life
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to All_That_Chaz

I see a lot of Singeds go with Warmog's. I've never tried him myself.
dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoJaR View Post
god dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds
I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:36 PM   #971
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz View Post
I see a lot of Singeds go with Warmog's. I've never tried him myself.
I can see that being viable I suppose, since it would give him a retarded amount of health. As it is, he has so much to the point that he's unkillable though.

He's quite fun. I would recommend if you're looking for something different, since you don't do a lot of attacking as singed. It's mostly harassing and pushing, since you're mostly just running through people or tossing someone and running away. He also punishes badly anyone impatient or inexperienced with him.

Last edited by Reach; 08-14-2011 at 09:39 PM..
Old 08-14-2011, 09:41 PM   #972
Xx DarkLink xX
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Anyone want to play?

Add me in-game, OMFJesus
Old 08-14-2011, 09:54 PM   #973
vantilburg
lol internet
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to vantilburg Send a message via MSN to vantilburg

Singed is probably one of the funnest champions to play. Basically go into IDGAF mode and run into their entire team, throwing their carries around like ragdolls. I like to spam x (a macro I made for laughing) while I'm doing it, or while I'm taking down turrets.

Also, my summoner name is Struggle Buggy. I hit level 30 a couple weeks ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaguchiTheCat View Post
You are an ultimate humafag. Calling you an ultimate humafag is an understatement. You are a complete loonatic huma****! You should be shot with a bazooka for thinking this.
You've been hanging around the wrong furries, then. Most furries are nice people. ALL humafags are huge jerks. Environmentalists are good people who care about this planet, unlike you, Squeek.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:31 PM   #974
bluguerrilla
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to bluguerrilla

Better to avoid Warmog's and get more mana to exploit his passive.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:36 PM   #975
-paexaea-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

frozen heaaaaart for the mfnwin
Old 08-15-2011, 07:00 PM   #976
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers

that build is already pretty darn strong

warmog's is very very situational on singed. don't bother

Old 08-18-2011, 09:34 AM   #977
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

is there a new vent up yet cuz im pretty much playing on a new smurf every time i log in and its a pain in the ass to keep track of people (and vice versa)

otherwise ima just start adding people on each of my new smurfs until someone plays with me huehuehue

if someone named derpythe4xth adds you thats probably me
Old 08-18-2011, 10:12 AM   #978
Hurleyisgod
Let's trash this place
FFR Veteran

i play on a vent server with some friends, if you guys want to come on it. just add me on lol if you already havent, and when you wanna play ill send you the pass and stuff. It's not a ffr or kbo only server but it works :P
Old 08-18-2011, 12:52 PM   #979
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers

I frequent the OD vent server

I don't think they really mind having a few people drop in occasionally to play games

just hit me up whenever you wanna play a game YOU NEVER INVITE ME T_T

Old 08-18-2011, 01:45 PM   #980
wargasm1
Cowbelling FFR
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to wargasm1

wargasm1 - Young Theb
you can add me :P
Closed Thread