Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Bug Reports and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-9-2006, 02:46 PM   #141
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: This will help FFR as a whole

To be honest, I liked the old layout in the upper part a LOT more than I like this one.
ToshX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-9-2006, 02:50 PM   #142
insupherable
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToshX View Post
To be honest, I liked the old layout in the upper part a LOT more than I like this one.
It's probably just because you were used to it. Or maybe your resolution is so high that its hard to see. But if you are running 1024x768, it all looks pretty good to me. I like the banner at the top, with all the faded arrows and stuff. Only thing I don't like about it is how all the arrows are going the same direction (Copy and paste? :P)

But all in all, I say the site looks 'cleaner'

My ongoing collection of personally created stepfiles. Enjoy - Keyboard only.
http://http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/sims/index.php?u=insupherable
insupherable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-9-2006, 03:01 PM   #143
Synthlight
Administrator
Founder, System Administrator
AdministratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
WIP

Cheers,

Synthlight
Synthlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-9-2006, 03:09 PM   #144
insupherable
FFR Player

Yea, now that I look at it in FireFox as well as IE, (I thought maybe it was just an IE problem I was having) it seems that the color scheme isnt wide enough, that or the site itself is too wide. I do have a scroll bar for left to right that I never had before, and the background color scheme shifts with it... Well, It cuts off halfway through all of the CP information on the right, including the most recent forum posts. Makes it pretty difficult to read. I like the idea though.

Old 12-9-2006, 03:19 PM   #145
Synthlight
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by insupherable View Post
Yea, now that I look at it in FireFox as well as IE, (I thought maybe it was just an IE problem I was having) it seems that the color scheme isnt wide enough, that or the site itself is too wide. I do have a scroll bar for left to right that I never had before, and the background color scheme shifts with it... Well, It cuts off halfway through all of the CP information on the right, including the most recent forum posts. Makes it pretty difficult to read. I like the idea though.
Please don't tell me you are at 800x600.

Cheers,

Synthlight
Old 12-9-2006, 03:23 PM   #146
insupherable
FFR Player

No, I run at 1024x768, 32 Bpp, so I don't see why this should happening. 800x600 is way too big and blocky for me. I can barely even play SM at that resolution.

EDIT : Doesn't happen on the forums, just the front page. Also, I think there should be a Home button at the top.

Old 12-9-2006, 03:31 PM   #147
Synthlight
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by insupherable View Post
No, I run at 1024x768, 32 Bpp, so I don't see why this should happening. 800x600 is way too big and blocky for me. I can barely even play SM at that resolution.

EDIT : Doesn't happen on the forums, just the front page. Also, I think there should be a Home button at the top.
can you give me a screenshot of this?

Cheers,

Synthlight
Old 12-9-2006, 05:35 PM   #148
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

1280x1024 is the absolute lowest resolution I'm willing to use, and the buttons are too small, in my opinion. I liked the old one a lot.
Old 12-9-2006, 05:55 PM   #149
Synthlight
Administrator

Quote:
1280x1024 is the absolute lowest resolution I'm willing to use, and the buttons are too small, in my opinion. I liked the old one a lot.
1280x1024 is probably the highest resolution you can use.. 800x600 is most likely the lowest unless you go back a few generations and have 640x480. Maybe you have them backwards?

Cheers,

Synthlight
Old 12-9-2006, 06:12 PM   #150
Dronak
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Dronak Send a message via Yahoo to Dronak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight View Post
1280x1024 is probably the highest resolution you can use..
ToshX said willing to use, not can use. So he(?) can go lower than that, but won't. Highest resolution available depends on your monitor. I run mine at the highest I can -- 1680x1050 (it's a widescreen laptop). My lowest resolution choice is 800x600. My old laptop that had problems with FFR had a max of something like 1920x1200. But yes, I suspect that using 1024x768 instead of 800x600 is a better choice with today's monitors. Most people probably aren't running that that low anymore.

As for the general layout, it looks OK to me. The top menu buttons are a bit small, but I don't really find them to be a problem. It looks like the top buttons are running over the bottom border of the logo on some pages viewed in IE, but unless I specifically track it, I'm not sure how prevalent this is. I think they look fine on the main page, IE and Firefox, but when I go to other pages, they enlarge in both browsers enough to overflow the bottom in IE, but not Firefox. I kind of like having some of those community and statistics links up near the top again.

Sort of an aside, but would any of these resolution-related changes affect the way images are displayed here? The new signature looks a little blurry/blocky in IE, but not in Firefox. Just curious.

Essentially retired now, but still ranked on the list of FFR's Top One Handers.
One-Hander Skill Tokens unlocked: The V2 Token, The Patience Token, X_X1MissX_X, AAA v5, T.H.E.G.A.M.E.T.O.K.E.N
Pseudo Skill Tokens unlocked: Numbers 21, 44, 33, 57, 26, 24, 47, 95
Dronak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-9-2006, 06:46 PM   #151
insupherable
FFR Player

Synth Edit *Stay on topic or go visit the land of the banned*

Last edited by Synthlight; 12-9-2006 at 06:54 PM..
Old 12-9-2006, 07:47 PM   #152
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

21" monitor... 1600 x 1200 resolution.
Old 12-9-2006, 11:38 PM   #153
insupherable
FFR Player

I don't know how I got off topic, I don't remember what I posted, Sorry synth. BTW, That resolution problem I was having with the front page corrected itself. Randomly while I was viewing the news it just shifted and now the backdrop doesnt scroll with it, and then when I reloaded the page the scroll bar disappeared and all was good. It was probably my computer being pretty sheisty that did it.

Edit : I remember what I said haha. Sorry about that. Wasn't thinking constructive at the moment.

Old 12-10-2006, 12:06 PM   #154
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
1280x1024 is probably the highest resolution you can use..
Is that some sort of joke?

This monitor goes up to 19XXxsomething. The computer itself goes up to 21XXxsomething, I think. I know it's in the 2,000s, so there must be a monitor that can go even higher, maybe.

Last edited by ToshX; 12-10-2006 at 12:08 PM..
Old 12-11-2006, 11:56 PM   #155
DrugstoreCowboy
Is Famouz

Send a message via AIM to DrugstoreCowboy

Just a few things, to get back on topic.

First off, my sister and her best friends actually run a tshirt company that makes tshirts for some local bands and other mainstream bands. Its nothing big, but it might be an idea to consider. It only costs them about 3 dollars per shirt. (cost of shirt + ink) You might want to check into this? And because its my sisters best friend, i can go over and monitor this, and possibly help out the shipping process. Like, they make the shirts and i could ship them to everyone who orders. They are high quality shirts that i actually wear. Just a thought. http://www.myspace.com/afarcryclothing

Second, I have over 21,000 friends on myspace. I run a promotion company on myspace, and with a single bulletin posted, i reach out to about 5,000 - 7,000 people who are online at a certain time, so i can advertise to everyone in that manner. On top of that, I am an admin on 7 counterstrike servers, so i can easily advertise ingame across everyones screen to visit FFR <3

Goodluck with your decisions.

Also, the siggy editor is great, except the last game played isnt working right now for some reason. maybe check on that?

DrugstoreCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 09:30 AM   #156
gattytto
FFR Player

Quote:
The T-shirt thing was a complete disaster for me. My problem with it was that the price was way to low and it took SO much of my time. I was trying to run a business, keep people working, take care of my family, keep the FFR server running, develop for FFR and at the same time running to the post office every night or so with boxes of shirts and stuff. If anyone reads this and did not get what they ordered, it was not intentional. PM your paypal address and amount and I will make it right immediately.

I had a donation link up for almost a year and gained an entire $5 with about $1000 in promises.

As far as premium memberships go, that is a good idea but it would have to be implemented carefully because I would never want to make FFR a pay site. It just goes against what I believe in. Something along the line of getting SOTW 2 weeks in advance or something + special forum access / titles + improved stats or downloadable stat applications that show realtime updates of rankings etc or who is on FFR. (just brainstorming here)..

It's really an eternal struggle for me.. I care about the community but have to make sacrifices in order to live.

What other ideas do you guys have? Help me out here, I could really use it.

Cheers,

Synthlight
it would be a good idea if you let Premium users download the mp3's of the songs in the game... i don't know if that's possible but that would be fine and wouldn't hurt game's integrity...

and if you plan to make premium accounts, please don't sell credits!...

maybe in-game skins would be nice for premium users ^^ ...

a great idea that i've seen in some on-line games webs, is the ability to get some kind of "ensure" ... just in case someone steals your account or something like that... that will give them their points again, or change your password if you send a "premium account" number... you know something like that...

if you do that.. i'll get my mom's credit card tonight and buy a premium account hehe..
gattytto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 10:45 AM   #157
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

downloading the mp3s would almost certainly not be possible... generally, we get permission because the artists know that their songs will not be publically distributed, so they are ok with it. otherwise, they'd want some form of monetary compensation... which they would be entitled to, especially if Synth was getting some money for their work.