Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat

Old 01-15-2018, 07:45 PM   #1
g.o.ry
FFR Player

Default In this thread we discuss animes desu

• What are you currently watching/reading?
  • What is your favorite and why?
  • When did you start?

I just finished Houseki no Kuni. I watch it on the treadmill but now that I'm done I started on the manga.
My favorite will always be Chobits because that's what I started with when I was 9 or 10
Even though I'm pretty sure our first introduction was Pokemon collectively.
Old 01-15-2018, 07:55 PM   #2
leonid
I am leonid
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: In this thread we discuss animes desu

otaku

Proud member of Team No
leonid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:59 PM   #3
g.o.ry
FFR Player

My guiltiest pleasure
Old 01-15-2018, 08:28 PM   #4
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 08:47 PM   #5
drizzleRomanceGirl
rain of memories...
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to drizzleRomanceGirl

lol

also i'm watching the sequel to cardcaptor sakura and my favorite anime is probably tsubasa chronicle and my favorite manga is no. 6 i think even though i haven't read all of it and my favorite drama is otoko demo onna demo nai sei i think

i started watching anime when i was in 5th or 6th grade :P although i watched pucca and garu before i watched my first anime (not including pokemon) and my first anime was cardcaptor sakura

my discord username is drizzleRomanceGirl0706 in case anyone wants to message me

Division 5 2nd place

Quote:
Originally Posted by hosua View Post
Oh, I thought it was just my internet this whole time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
Also that triple post is almost as delicious as a hot, fresh, Domino's pizza.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
can y'all take a break and kiss
(the first section of this chapter)

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5125582...sokyo-no-Jinja

Last edited by drizzleRomanceGirl; 01-15-2018 at 08:50 PM..
drizzleRomanceGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 08:55 PM   #6
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

The plural of anime is anime
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 09:01 PM   #7
g.o.ry
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
The plural of anime is anime
Old 01-15-2018, 09:20 PM   #8
DarkZtar
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

currently watching violet evergarden (fuck you netflix for not doing simulcasts), net-juu no susume, and shokugeki no soma depending on whatever I feel like watching when I have free time. fav show would probably be a toss up between steins;gate and aot. I've been watching anime on and off since the beginning of high school.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:14 PM   #9
Travis_Flesher
Champion
FFR Veteran

Found a receipt in the OCharley's parking lot earlier this evening where someone named dason loller bought a songoku action figure at GameStop for $63. Like lol
Not seen anime in a while, but I like the action packed thrillers. Gosh I forgot the names of some really good ones but Akira was cult classic. Also I recommend Howls Moving Castle for a phenomenally cute animé film.
Gonna pull some up and relax and watch for a spell. O

Last edited by Travis_Flesher; 01-15-2018 at 11:45 PM..
Travis_Flesher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 10:19 PM   #10
Celirra
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Celirra

there's a new one of these threads like every other month
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Celirra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:04 PM   #11
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I don't watch much animu but I recently had to spend 36 hours in airplanes so I watched all of Shokugeki no Soma.
Kinda skipped over most of the foodgasm scenes (they were a little over the top usually, though I did stop and actually watch the end of Megumi vs. Ryo when I realized it was a Jojo reference lmfao) but I love the characters and the cooking tips and recipes are actually totally legit and cool to learn from.

Yesterday I was sick and in bed all day so I watched all of Interviews With Monster Girls. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it turned out to be so wonderful and wholesome. Such a happy and feels-good way to pass the time while sick. Does anyone have any other recommendations for such lighthearted and pure anime?

Outside some childhood Pokemon and DBZ, and a few episodes of Fairy Tail and Jojo, the only other anime I've watched is Noragami. I knew a bit about Shinto mythology from a class I took in college, so it was cool to understand some of the references to the cosmology and the religious culture (even though I'm sure there was much I missed), and the characters were pretty interesting. Especially Bishamon. Bishamon is best mom. Plus the eyes were goddamn gorgeous, I would gladly watch an entire episode that was just eye shots from Noragami tbh.

Last edited by hi19hi19; 01-15-2018 at 11:24 PM..
hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:11 PM   #12
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
I don't watch much animu but I recently had to spend 36 hours in airplanes so I watched all of Shokugeki no Soma.
Kinda skipped over most of the foodgasm scenes (they were a little over the top usually, though I did stop and actually watch the end of Megumi vs. Ryo when I realized it was a Jojo reference lmfao) but I love the characters and the cooking tips and recipes are actually totally legit and cool to learn from.

Yesterday I was sick and in bed all day so I watched all of Interviews With Monster Girls. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it turned out to be so wonderful and wholesome. Such a happy and feels-good way to pass the time while sick. Does anyone have any other recommendations for such lighthearted and pure anime?

Outside some childhood Pokemon, DBZ, and Fairy Tail, the only other anime I've watched is Noragami. I knew a bit about Shinto mythology from a class I took in college, so it was cool to understand some of the references, and the characters were pretty interesting (especially Bishamon, she is best mom). Plus the eyes were goddamn gorgeous, I would gladly watch an entire episode that was just eye shots from Noragami tbh.
If you liked interviews and haven't seen kobayashi's dragon maid you may like that one.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:25 PM   #13
Rapta
🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺
Global ModeratorMultiplayer ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Animu you must watch if you haven't already:
One Punch Man
No Game No Life
Seven Deadly Sins
Erased
Re:Zero Starting Life In Another World
Trigun
Code Geass
Hunter X Hunter
My Hero Academia
Mob Psycho
Sword Art Online
Parasyte -the maxim-
Tokyo Ghoul
One Outs
Magi
Blood Lad
Saga of Tanya The Evil
The World God Only Knows
The Devil Is A Part Timer
Gurren Lagann
Attack On Titan
Death Parade
Angel Beats
91 Days
Plastic Memories
Terror In Resonance
Goblin Slayer
Kotoura-san
Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e

If you want me to list more, lemme know
Note the left hand pinky. It stretches out into attack mode to make etienne's hand appear larger, an intimidation technique for the arrows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourningfall
[3:51 PM] Mourningfall: i spent the second half of that song getting face fucked by a fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Hi I see rapta come play TWG next game
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
Rapta thinks alot about memes and fonts. I'd be inclined to think he's town because wolves wouldn't have time to meme would they ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk
if we keep releasing engines that work on 1/4 of people's computers, we'll get there
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger
do u even agrabah
Quote:
Today at 12:53 AM
I have no fucking idea how you were able to identify that specific line from meme show so you are basically an elder god of memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotik
When I think Mother’s Day, I think Venetian Snares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haku
have you heard someone mention eating pancakes to negate friday 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk at 10:53:56pm on 10/26/11
OMFG VC! I want your programming fingers in or around my mouth OnO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storn at 3:03 PM
We have so many batches open. Its like a backlog clearance sale. ALL FILES MUST GO!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonE156 at 11:07 PM
You've never felt intimacy until you've practiced Jiu Jitsu ground techniques with the only girl in class

Last edited by Rapta; 01-7-2020 at 12:17 PM..
Rapta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:42 PM   #14
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Middie, I will definitely check out Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid. It looked perhaps a little too moe for me, but then again Interviews did too and it turned out great so I'll give it a shot.

I'm gonna be honest, big lists with no explanations don't help me that much. That said, from Rapta's giant list...
- One Punch Man I've watched several YouTube clips and it seems well-done and interesting, but maybe not my style. Pretty fun premise, for sure. I bet the writer has a lot of fun.
- I watched the ending several episodes of Parasyte because my friends were watching them. It was a very cool anime but given the ending was spoiled for me, I'm not really that interested to watch the beginning :/
- Attack On Titan is not my style at all. Great music, though.
- One of my friends is straight up obsessed with Sword Art Online. He tried to get me to watch it and honestly, I hated it. Kirito is insufferable and the plot wasn't going anywhere.
- Magi seemed pretty cool. I've stepped several songs from its OST (and I watched several YouTube clips in the process, and found them interesting) so I suppose I should at least watch a few episodes lmao

Another one of my friends recommended Durarara!! and while the characters all seemed really interesting, the pacing was so bad and the storytelling style didn't work for me.

I mostly like interesting, competent characters with complex motivations. I can't stand characters who are one-dimensional, especially those whose sole role is to be clueless and dumb aka every harem protagonist. I don't know, maybe I'm too picky or something.

Last edited by hi19hi19; 01-15-2018 at 11:46 PM..
hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:43 PM   #15
Rapta
🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺
Global ModeratorMultiplayer ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Big list with no explanation means look up the anime name and start with episode 1 if the summary interests you
Note the left hand pinky. It stretches out into attack mode to make etienne's hand appear larger, an intimidation technique for the arrows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourningfall
[3:51 PM] Mourningfall: i spent the second half of that song getting face fucked by a fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Hi I see rapta come play TWG next game
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
Rapta thinks alot about memes and fonts. I'd be inclined to think he's town because wolves wouldn't have time to meme would they ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk
if we keep releasing engines that work on 1/4 of people's computers, we'll get there
Quote:
do u even agrabah
Quote:
Today at 12:53 AM
I have no fucking idea how you were able to identify that specific line from meme show so you are basically an elder god of memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotik
When I think Mother’s Day, I think Venetian Snares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haku
have you heard someone mention eating pancakes to negate friday 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk at 10:53:56pm on 10/26/11
OMFG VC! I want your programming fingers in or around my mouth OnO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storn at 3:03 PM
We have so many batches open. Its like a backlog clearance sale. ALL FILES MUST GO!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonE156 at 11:07 PM
You've never felt intimacy until you've practiced Jiu Jitsu ground techniques with the only girl in class
Rapta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:52 PM   #16
g.o.ry
FFR Player

Quote:
Outside some childhood Pokemon and DBZ, and a few episodes of Fairy Tail and Jojo, the only other anime I've watched is Noragami.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
If you liked interviews and haven't seen kobayashi's dragon maid you may like that one.
I forgot I went fucking IN on Yugioh. Dragon maid is good yeah...
Old 01-16-2018, 01:27 AM   #17
Deidara837
For a New Beginning

Beatless: Sci-Fi action/drama novel, AI-human coexistence society w/ questions about souls/emotion

Darling in the FranXX: Sci-Fi Mecha original, copilots vs robo-dinos, former prodigy MC + yandere(?) female lead

Death March: RPG isekai novel (on a scale from SAO to KonoSuba it's much closer to the latter fwiw), slice-of-life flavor, MC is accidentally super overleveled but still cautious etc.

How to Keep a Mummy: kawaii mummy just watch it

Overlord II: second season continuation

A Place Further Than The Universe: CGDCT Antarctica adventure

Violet Evergarden: another deservedly-hyped show alongside Darling, post-war new life w/ themes of self-discovery, meaning of love etc.

Laid-back Camp: relaxed camping/countryside slice-of-life (instant curry ramen never looked so appetizing)

Among my top favorites would be:

Blast of Tempest - fantastic twisted story with a Shakespearean flavor (The Tempest), love, hate, revenge, and magic wrapped up in a mystery drama w/ some classical music

Plastic Memories - AI romance with some drama, a timer, and an air of inevitability, starts punching you in the feels right from the beginning

Monogatari series - impeccably unique arc-based series, a mystery show at its core resolving each character's dealings with supernatural apparitions (oddities), their interactions with other characters, and self-development. Art style is quite abstract/surreal but you get used to it and it calms down after the first series. Stellar music too. Quite the journey but worth every minute
Roadmap and timeline because otherwise it's hella confusing to follow

Re:Creators - reverse isekai action Sci-Fi where fantasy world characters are dragged into the real world, looks at novelists/manga artists/anime producers etc. and their creations, antagonist MC is 12/10, soundtrack is incredible

K Project - elements of Sci-Fi, fantasy, and mystery, "kings" control supernatural powers and lead their own clans in post-modern Japan, throw in ongoing war, a murder mystery, and a bunch of tight knit groups of characters, and a gorgeous soundtrack that I can only describe as a semi-classical EDM beat tape

Steins;Gate - everyone knows this show in all of its time travel glory but if you haven't watched it you're missing out so just do it

Quote:
I mostly like interesting, competent characters with complex motivations. I can't stand characters who are one-dimensional, especially those whose sole role is to be clueless and dumb aka every harem protagonist. I don't know, maybe I'm too picky or something.
If you like complex characters Blast of Tempest is the best thing I can suggest, the first 3-4 eps should give a general feel, then the plot starts snowballing and before I knew it I was halfway through the show. Each of the main characters is quite deep, even if they play their role to a fault (which is kind of on purpose considering what the show is based on)

_9th OT: D2 - 13th Place
10th OT: D5 - 45th Place
11th OT: D6 - 12th Place

EMG Rivalry | EMG Spreadsheet

Last edited by Deidara837; 01-16-2018 at 02:30 AM..
Deidara837 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 02:19 AM   #18
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
Middie, I will definitely check out Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid. It looked perhaps a little too moe for me, but then again Interviews did too and it turned out great so I'll give it a shot.
Interviews and Dragon Maid kinda both present them-self with a lot more moe, despite having some really nice and deep undertones.

Quote:
- One of my friends is straight up obsessed with Sword Art Online. He tried to get me to watch it and honestly, I hated it. Kirito is insufferable and the plot wasn't going anywhere.
I think there is a long healthy list of reasons why the only reason SAO is bad, is because of how it handles it's characters.

Kirito being OP isn't set up right. Sure ok he played the game a crap-ton and was a beta tester, but instead of giving us a bunch of tit shots later in the anime an episode setup on establishing Kirito's gamer mentality would have done the series a LOT more justice.

Quote:
I mostly like interesting, competent characters with complex motivations. I can't stand characters who are one-dimensional, especially those whose sole role is to be clueless and dumb aka every harem protagonist.
I don't think Kobayashi fits into having a complex motivation, but the way they handle her character is really top notch, because they made her pretty relate-able.

I love characters that aren't just there for service or to progress the plot, but a character that is explained well is always just nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deidara837 View Post
Re:Creators - reverse isekai action Sci-Fi where fantasy world characters are dragged into the real world, looks at novelists/manga artists/anime producers etc. and their creations, antagonist MC is 12/10, soundtrack is incredible
Also loved this anime, but I don't think it's a good sell for a lot of people, and I'm still mad about that fucking recap episode that it REALLY didn't need.

Last edited by XelNya; 01-16-2018 at 02:20 AM..
Old 01-16-2018, 01:41 PM   #19
drizzleRomanceGirl
rain of memories...
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to drizzleRomanceGirl

please watch the hero yoshihiko and the demon king's castle XD

my discord username is drizzleRomanceGirl0706 in case anyone wants to message me

Division 5 2nd place

Quote:
Originally Posted by hosua View Post
Oh, I thought it was just my internet this whole time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
Also that triple post is almost as delicious as a hot, fresh, Domino's pizza.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
can y'all take a break and kiss
(the first section of this chapter)

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5125582...sokyo-no-Jinja
drizzleRomanceGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 02:57 PM   #20
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra
RRR Developer & DevOps Support
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Veteran