Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2015, 12:57 PM   #1
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Muramasa Rebirth

http://muramasarebirth.com/

Quote:
Based on ancient Japanese lore, Murumasa: The Demon Blade plunges players into the mystical Genroku era, ruled by the skilled shogun Tsunayoshi Tokogawa. But this culture is threatened; Tokugawa's thirst for power leads to a conflict over the enormously powerful, though cursed, Demon Blades. Used in hatred, drenched in blood, the cursed blades condemn those who use them to tragedy, madness, and untimely deaths. As chaos spreads, denizens from the netherworld breach their realm as these malevolent swords summon evil spirits -- and the Dragon and Demon Gods as well.

Featuring hand-drawn 2D art reflecting the heritage and tone of the storyline, Muramasa transports players into a little known mythology, envisioned by the creators of the critically acclaimed Odin Sphere. Players take on the role of a male ninja or female kunoichi, utilizing their ninja prowess to traverse the clever side-scrolling levels that feature vertical progression as well as the traditional horizontal stage advancement.
Has anyone here played this game? Been playing for a few hours so far and I'm really loving it. I'm unsure if it will start to feel repetitive later on, but so far it is fun and the visuals are awesome.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 02:59 PM   #2
shenjoku
Wubalubadubdub
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Muramasa Rebirth

Huh, I didn't know there was another version of this game. I've played the one for the Wii, which is fucking amazing btw, but not this one. It looks like the same game from the little bits of the videos I've seen.
Old 08-19-2015, 03:07 PM   #3
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

It is the same game as far as I'm aware however putting in on a handheld makes it more appealing to me for some reason.

Edit: I kind of want to find some really nice matching pictures of the 2 main characters to make framed prints of.

Last edited by Izzy; 08-19-2015 at 04:43 PM..
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 08:59 PM   #4
shenjoku
Wubalubadubdub
FFR Veteran

Oh, nice. Portable version of this game would be sweet. It's so much fun. I never managed to finish all of the optional tree stump challenges though Some of the white ones are stupid hard.
Old 08-20-2015, 01:09 AM   #5
TheRapingDragon
A car crash mind
FFR Veteran

Played it and loved it. It can feel a little repetitive at times when you're running back through areas and you don't want to keep fighting easy enemies but it's not too annoying.

Fully beat the game once with both characters but couldn't be bothered doing it all again on the harder difficulty just for a few trophies (finished with 63% of them).

Last edited by TheRapingDragon; 08-20-2015 at 01:14 AM..
TheRapingDragon is offline   Reply With Quote