Old 07-9-2014, 11:46 PM   #21
rCaliberGX
D7 Elite Keymasher
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Untitled Stepmania Pack RELEASED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDest View Post
interested to see your's and rcal's for it
actually i removed my chart because it had a bunch of gay rolls and any changes i would have made would basically make it just like wafles' chart (since the only notable difference was more streams and no rolls). his is much better for scoring from a glance (compared to mine)

Released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
you look like you're dSucks

Last edited by rCaliberGX; 07-10-2014 at 09:49 AM..
rCaliberGX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:32 AM   #22
samurai7694
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Good stuff from what I saw on AJ's livestream. An amazing job you two did for judging, Matt and Nathan, and of course good job to the gfx creators and stepfile makers. I will download this when I arrive back home and order my new keyboard for sexier keytaps
Old 07-10-2014, 12:54 AM   #23
Razor
Dan "Razor" Devilz
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

a lot of great files in this pack, good job to nathan and matt, very fun
3rd: Retro City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choofers
I play Stepmania, so I know everything about media formats.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 01:22 AM   #24
Fission
no
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

thanks everybody for downloading! glad everybody is enjoying it

the OP has been updated with various gfx fixes so if you want to grab those then redownload the pack
Fission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 01:25 AM   #25
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

really solid pack, only a few files stand out as "weak" and they're pretty obvious
one is "moemoe" and the other is 2moe5me
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 02:11 AM   #26
rCaliberGX
D7 Elite Keymasher

funny thing is that the moecore song is actually supposed to make you want to kill yourself
since the characters are literally anime versions of lovecraft

Released!

Quote:

Last edited by rCaliberGX; 07-10-2014 at 02:27 AM..
Old 07-10-2014, 02:23 AM   #27
AutotelicBrown
Under the scarlet moon

Successfully so
AutotelicBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 02:33 AM   #28
Fission
no
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

rip in pieces AutotelicBrown ??? - 2014
Fission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 05:13 AM   #29
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

!!
Old 07-10-2014, 06:16 AM   #30
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

super hype

for further questions open the attached readme

PS: After playing a bit, this packs song choice resonates really really well with me.

Last edited by Coolboyrulez0; 07-10-2014 at 06:29 AM..
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 06:37 AM   #31
xVaLoRx
MYFUCKINGSOUND
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
well that's it folks, you can delete any aphex twin wips you may have because cock ver 10 will be better than every single one of them
my

face

when

Old 07-10-2014, 06:45 AM   #32
rCaliberGX
D7 Elite Keymasher

valor

where inverse

Released!

Quote:
Old 07-10-2014, 06:52 AM   #33
xVaLoRx
MYFUCKINGSOUND
FFR Veteran

no
Old 07-10-2014, 07:00 AM   #34
ScylaX
urararararararara
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via MSN to ScylaX Send a message via Skype™ to ScylaX

I'll download it now and make a whole paq review
Old 07-10-2014, 09:15 AM   #35
icontrolyourworld
Enjoy life!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

i need a mirror of this pack on another site, mega keeps downloading to like 50-60 % and then going back to 30% for some reason.
icontrolyourworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:42 AM   #36
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafles View Post
Schur's Theroem - 10/10 file. Funnest piano file i've played in a long time.

idk i wasnt expecting this kind of review!
ty

hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:48 AM   #37
rCaliberGX
D7 Elite Keymasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post

idk i wasnt expecting this kind of review!
ty
how were you not expecting that kind of review

Released!

Quote:
Old 07-10-2014, 09:53 AM   #38
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

because i thought that honor goes to paradiso
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:22 AM   #39
samurai7694
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

stepfile pride
Old 07-10-2014, 10:24 AM   #40
ScylaX
urararararararara
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via MSN to ScylaX Send a message via Skype™ to ScylaX

So let's go, I played it thoroughly, every file on the hardest difficulty. I tried to be as much constructive as I could for each file.

A Beautiful Degeneracy (choof) Clearly not my style. The difficulty fits well with the tone of the music but I'm clearly not a fan of your approach there. The intense jumpstreams weren't much of a relevant choice imo, and your use of freezes felt off to me, I'd have rather emphasized other voices, and I'd have done so in an different way from yours. Ultimately I just think it's a matter of taste, because that's the kind of song you could step all over again with 10 alternative ways. I guess it has a great replay value for scoring, though.

A Journey Into Sound (Stargroup & Wayward Vagabon) A very straightforward file, the steps perfectly emulated the percussions. <3 I loved it. Everything felt totally alright and yet it seemed incredibly simple.

Acid Wolfpack (baq12) Well it was alright. I think you could have complicated your patterns even more to accentuate the various elements of the music even more. The second half is a bit too linear and simple for me, but the first one was flawless.

Anger of YuYu (debit13) C'EST LE ROQUE !!!! C'EST DU ROQUE TOUHOU !!!!!!! AAAAH LE RROOQUE !!! 5/10 (not good not bad, just please get a better song choice next time, the file was enjoyable alright but I think I just played too much of ordinary TOUHOU ROQUE SIMFILES to have fun with them anymore :c )

Burgers Out (plopadop) uuuueeehh I don't think the silent notes at the end were very necessary, imo you shouldn't sink in too much in fade outs like these (especially when keytaps usually hide very weak sounds). Other than that, the steps were very cool to tap for the most part and you made this music justice!! congratulations!! It's somehow similar to A Journey Into Sound

c-r-a-c-k-ER (bmah) Your steps are... very strange in fact I think I understand your approach but I have a hard time to feel the music through them, even though they're technically correct somehow. Hit or miss I guess.

Catkin and Teasel (Valor&Fission) Well the preview wasn't much promising but it was actually very fun to play for the most part. The slow parts were a bit boring but fortunately they aren't much present so good job.

Cock-Ver10 (Valor) !!! Great file !!! And ACTUALLY RELEVANT JACKS !! Good job, looks like I'll have fun practicing MA on this one :3

Cold Heart (choof) Objectively one of the best stepfiles in the whole pack even though I don't know if I'll play it often because it's very tiring, but it really feels like a short-version of your Vortex steps (and it's one of my favorite files ever)

Creep (fission) 2much IDM songs starting with C. Clearly a run-of-the-mill good quality IDM file, I don't have much to say on this, it's good.

Fuse Gymnast (kommisar) Heh you're not one of my fav simartists for nothing. I'll definitely replay it, the patterns are fun and every step just feels right and coherent with the music. RUN OF THE MILL KOMMISAR FILE WHICH MEANS 8/10 TO THE LEAST.

Happy Meal (rogdor) Wow that was fucking intense. It's like an overdrive version of Cold Heart, the steps are very relevant and very well put together so you deserve a round of applause I guess

He's a Mental Giant (Kommisar) no. No seriously I played it but I quit because I don't get the appeal of this file. REALLY.

Insane Techniques (alexdestruction) That was very nice but I just had that thought during the whole play that you haven't pulled out all the potential this music had to offer so I'm a bit mixed, I think I'll restep it personnally because I have a lot of ideas for this track. Anyway, this is definitely not bad and it has a good replay value, so keep it up.

Minus One (rogdor) The more I was playing it, the more I was loving it. I have to confess the intro really made me confused at first and I think now you should have cropped it. You used some really cool patterns (dem 24th hmmm) and the whole chart had a really nice flow till the end. Good job.

MoeMoe Kyunstep (Don & Kommisar) ...eh. I love the music and I think the file should have been so much better. I don't know, I'm not a fan of this at all and I don't think it could have been stepped better somehow, I just guess this is the kind of music that just doesn't make anything much nice ??? (also a long version for this is too much, really)

Neonlights (alexdest) Excellent, much much better than your Insane Technique file imo. I'll replay it for sure, your steps never felt out of place, even for that stream toward the end that was very fun to tap all along. One of my favourite file from the pack I think.

Odd22 (choof) It's terribly hard and YET it isn't even a dump, unfortunately I think only a handful of players will enjoy this file to the fullest but even through it's painful I can tell how good it is. I don't even know if you should have made an easier version.

Oriens (Gundam-Dude) Oh boy I just know this file will get really popular in near future. It's simple, fun, straightforward. Good fucking job, it's not even technically incredible or amazingly varied, it just does the job at being a standardly excellent file and I'm always amazed by works like this. You make top-tier charts seem easy to make, it's like, canonically good.

Poquito Mas (alexdest) Very good too, it's not that special but it was fun and very well executed so you deserve a round of applause for that.

Printer Jam (a bunch of people) Great. The music is kinda fun !!

Quartz Rainbow (plopadop) Man seriously that freeze at the end was waaaaaayyy too long, you could have cut it from at least two third of its final size. Other than that I didn't expect that file to be so fun, it's very simple and cl4ssic 2 da c0re. Definitely enjoyable.

japanese schoolboys fucking on GAY PIANOS (rGX) The parts with polyrhythms really felt heavy and awkward and overall I don't really like your steps, when I listen to this music I often think about what steps I'd put if I ever made it and......??? idk the impact just felt off sometimes. It's not bad and you made a nice move on making the jumps in the ~slow~ 24th parts but that's about it. You approach was a bit too erratic and maybe too technical for me.

Run Run Run (ilikexd) Perfectly solid file, I think I'd rather play a shorter version of this but it's okay, it's very fun and it has an excellent replay value. One of the best files of this pack.

Schur's Theorem (hi19) Holy crap this file is so much fun it's almost crazy eeeeeeeeee the replay value gauge exploded and now forms ladder straight to heaven 99/10

Shin sekai (ilikexd) And there goes moches' file

Squall (rGX) Except one or two things I have to criticize, I like this file a lot and I think you perfectly emulated the texture of the music so congratulations. THis is totally the opposite of what you did on Quatre Mains <3

Squeak Squak Theme (scylaax) yes it's easy but I poured my soul in the patterns

Taiyou Iwaku stuff (Kommisar) I got bored and quit the solo guitar was the only enjoyable part for m-UU ~~ NYA ~~ UU ~~ NYA ~~

Teenage Prostitue (zappafan112233) I'm usually a big fan of your files but this one just didn't hit me much. Oh well. It's a bit too repetitive and maybe too 卐GENERIC卐 for me.

The Funk Is (Valor) It's a fun and curious little file, I like this one. It's definitely original and it's always a plus.

The Years Ahead (GLoVE) i-it's okay I guess

UNKNOWN (me!!!) Since the music has a kinda low bpm and notes I tried to make the best out of it by trying creative patterns and approaches. I tried to accentuate specific parts instead of trying to make steps that would globalize the whole mixture to keep a good fun value.

Vegetable Soup (samurai) Magnificent. Really. Maybe putting aside what you did on the chicken-rap part on which I would have personaly accentuated the cackling rather than the drums. However you did a perfect job at consistently stepping the drums and the other voices, this is a really fine piece of work and I appreciate that a lot.

WOBBLE IMPACT (razor) Well the layering is ceraintly not my style so I will not write too much on your file, it's probably fun to MA, I don't know, your style is a bit too "dry" for my taste.

Zomby Woof (zappafan112233) Wow so the steps are enjoyable as fuck but this is so loooonnnngggzzzzzzzzz joke aside I really liked it but I wasn't aware it was a marathon and the length kinda made me fed up (marathon files are not my thing usually so please don't pay too much attention to this comment)

bunch of japanese characters (rGX) ok so despite all the effort you palpably made to make this file good I just didn't felt any fun playing it. It was thoroughly flat and boring (and I think the music is part responsible for that) and it just didn't feel enjoying to smash and all that.

Overall the pack is pretty decent with a good number of solid and fun files despite carrying some mildly negligible stuffs. That makes ratio still pretty favorable to considering this pack as a definitely good release. There are files I'll replay for sure and it's actually refreshing to see a project like that lead to being released.

My top 5
1. Schur's Theorem
2. Squall
3. Fuse Gymnast
4. Neonlights
5. Run Run Run / Cold Heart (idk)

Last edited by ScylaX; 07-10-2014 at 10:59 AM..
ScylaX is offline   Reply With Quote