Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 04:59 AM   #15021
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean
Default Re: MapleStory

Man, I need to start playing at more "normal" times.

At about quarter to 6AM, I just tried to find an open map or a party at Dreamy Ghosts and found nothing. There were a few crows, a few worthy parties, and a few ******s who shouldn't even be there. Yeah, there was a few Ice Mages soloing that I could have partied with, but they'd be killing about half as fast as me, and that is really lame. And those were the only people there that would have even taken me into their party. There was a 11x Sader that was killing well, and I asked for a party AND HE SAID HIS PRIEST WAS REPOTTING IN NLC. And seriously, there was a 11x Priest soloing, spamming heal, WITH HP EQUIPS ON!

And it's not even like I could get any friends together and get a channel either, because no buddies were on and only guildmates that were online are too weak and probably afk anyway. At least if I played during the day, I could call up a buddy or two and be like "hey help me get a channel please".
Old 12-19-2007, 10:03 AM   #15022
lXD
L not I
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magister_negi_magi View Post
Where would a low level 7X Priest be training? I don't really know any good places, and Zombies seem slow.
Im 73 and im still getting good exp per hour on voodoos/hoodoos
219 tier points
IndexRulz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrugstoreCowboy View Post
lXD - my best friend. You have helped me throughout ffr more than anyone here will ever know. Not only do we have pretty much in common, but we can talk to each other about anything. You deserve this. Thanks for everything <3 Tagteam partners for life
bifflez yo<3
Old 12-19-2007, 02:42 PM   #15023
vpr0721
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to vpr0721 Send a message via MSN to vpr0721

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Man, I need to start playing at more "normal" times.

At about quarter to 6AM, I just tried to find an open map or a party at Dreamy Ghosts and found nothing. There were a few crows, a few worthy parties, and a few ******s who shouldn't even be there. Yeah, there was a few Ice Mages soloing that I could have partied with, but they'd be killing about half as fast as me, and that is really lame. And those were the only people there that would have even taken me into their party. There was a 11x Sader that was killing well, and I asked for a party AND HE SAID HIS PRIEST WAS REPOTTING IN NLC. And seriously, there was a 11x Priest soloing, spamming heal, WITH HP EQUIPS ON!

And it's not even like I could get any friends together and get a channel either, because no buddies were on and only guildmates that were online are too weak and probably afk anyway. At least if I played during the day, I could call up a buddy or two and be like "hey help me get a channel please".
Yar... i would have come partied wif ya, but i was asleep, where i should be =).
Old 12-19-2007, 02:44 PM   #15024
Fimbulvetr
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by lXD View Post
Im 73 and im still getting good exp per hour on voodoos/hoodoos
22% an hr at voodoos = win
Old 12-19-2007, 02:47 PM   #15025
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpr0721 View Post
Yar... i would have come partied wif ya, but i was asleep, where i should be =).
It's not unreasonable to think that other people will be awake at 6am...
Old 12-19-2007, 03:23 PM   #15026
vashthestampede0987
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to vashthestampede0987

Assuming that they are in a different time zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight
I hate myself.

Cheers,

Synthlight
xxpla tonic love: GIVE IT TO ME
xxpla tonic love: ****ing give it to me
Old 12-19-2007, 06:57 PM   #15027
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Too bad I couldn't fight those things anyway.

Assholes. >=(

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 12-19-2007, 10:37 PM   #15028
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

BSUCLA solo'd Zak recently. His vid is up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59ebaIWzyvk

His spear is like 24-26 atk above the best spears in GMS.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:43 AM   #15029
vpr0721
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditcom View Post
BSUCLA solo'd Zak recently. His vid is up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59ebaIWzyvk

His spear is like 24-26 atk above the best spears in GMS.
Yar, you can see me in the first min of his 2nd vid. which is really good btw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7HDHnDMN9Q
Old 12-20-2007, 02:51 AM   #15030
vpr0721
FFR Player

Mule fun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Maple0208.jpg (138.1 KB, 104 views)
Old 12-20-2007, 03:38 AM   #15031
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbutterfly View Post
Too bad I couldn't fight those things anyway.

Assholes. >=(
You could explode them

It's not much weaker than the Ice Mages Ice Striking them.
Old 12-20-2007, 04:12 PM   #15032
Musical_Master
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Musical_Master

*Sigh*.. good guilds are hard to come by.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:17 PM   #15033
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
You could explode them

It's not much weaker than the Ice Mages Ice Striking them.
IS kills about as fast as Explosion at DTs, where explo ought to have a clear advantage. At something neutral it'd be even worse. I don't have the exact numbers sitting in front of me here, but explo is like half the speed for 150% the damage, which puts it at about 75% of Ice Strike's power, without the freezing effect and with even less mobility due to casting speed. And that'd be assuming my equipment was on par with a competing IL mage. Between the new things available since I played regularly and my apparent inability to market things and get money for equips, I guarantee my equipment is falling quite a bit behind the average of over 10X mages. =\

Besides all that, I'd need a party for any decent exp, and nobody parties fire mages. I've had people wanting to kick me out of DT parties for lower level hermits, so there's no way in hell anybody would consider not KSing me out of any map I may get at ghosts.

I suppose I'll just stick to Duals until Riprey comes out.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

Old 12-21-2007, 06:05 AM   #15034
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbutterfly View Post
IS kills about as fast as Explosion at DTs, where explo ought to have a clear advantage.
Anecdote. You're probably comparing yourself to an IL in your own experience. This is not a fair example, because you would have different stats.

Quote:
At something neutral it'd be even worse. I don't have the exact numbers sitting in front of me here, but explo is like half the speed for 150% the damage, which puts it at about 75% of Ice Strike's power, without the freezing effect and with even less mobility due to casting speed.
I do have exact numbers.

casting time of all skills: http://www.sleepywood.info/forum/sho....php?t=1287160

My DPS comparisons (on neutrals): http://sleepywood.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1310216

These numbers are useless, except for comparing the skills to each other.
explosion on 6 targets: 28,393~36,338
ice strike on 6 targets: 33,449~42,809
shining ray on 6 targets: 25,585~32,744

About how much stronger than SR explosion is, is how much stronger ice strike is than explosion (the min for SR is higher than would be expected because I included dragon in it to counter using booster in it for the mages). But something about Ice Mages is that they tend to abuse their freezing ability. They gingerly fight and teleport around in an attempt to take less damage. This means you could probably outdo them just by diving into the whole thing and going nuts.

Quote:
And that'd be assuming my equipment was on par with a competing IL mage. Between the new things available since I played regularly and my apparent inability to market things and get money for equips, I guarantee my equipment is falling quite a bit behind the average of over 10X mages. =\
We can't all have nice amazing gear. Actually, at present, I don't know if there is more than one or two people that have fully upgraded equipment-- these new scrolls are just way too expensive for how little they help, even now that the prices have come down.

Quote:
Besides all that, I'd need a party for any decent exp, and nobody parties fire mages. I've had people wanting to kick me out of DT parties for lower level hermits, so there's no way in hell anybody would consider not KSing me out of any map I may get at ghosts.
Don't pick up hints well, do ya? I would also normally never take an exploding 10x FP in my party, but since I know you, I'd do it for you, at least a little.

Quote:
I suppose I'll just stick to Duals until Riprey comes out.
Leafre. And you know, it's coming out mid next month at the latest. Along with 4th.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:42 AM   #15035
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Yes I'm aware it comes out. And sorry, it was called Riprey for so long that it's kinda stuck. Same way some people call weapons by their old names still (I forget examples of these, cuz they're all bandit weapons or something I've never dealt with).

You're never on to party with.

That's not entirely an anecdote, since it's my experience from many many times at DTs with people almost exactly with my stats. I only brought it up because it's absolutely ludicrous that ice (which is always the weakest element in every game) even comes close to fire at something that is fire-weak and ice-neutral. And if that absolutely retarded case leaves ice as the winner, it only follows that even ground gives ice a huge advantage. I mean, even if I jump in like you said and manage to kill at/above an IL's killrate, it'd burn through pots like crazy. Then again, with NLC pots that doesn't even matter, and they put that storage guy/FM in there didn't they? If so I could get more without travelling way back to Kerning, which would be good.

Anywho, I guess I could try it sometime. I don't think I've even gone to the map in GMS before (oddly enough, I know I've been there in JMS), but I could easily run there from Ludi so it'd be no big deal. If nothing else it'd be training WITH somebody, which is what I hate about playing MS. Nobody ever talks in the guild chat, cuz they're all "too busy training". A large part of MMOs is socializing, and everybody refuses to take part in it. I miss the old days when all the FFR regulars were on and chatting it up. =(

Old 12-21-2007, 04:32 PM   #15036
Pascow
smoke 'em if ya g0t 'em.
FFR Veteran

Looking for anyone who plays on Mardia. I recently started playing again and made a new char to level. Add me! I'm on the most at late night hours. 10pm-3am sometimes later eastern time.

IG: i2eno
Old 12-21-2007, 05:03 PM   #15037
ckj846
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ckj846

You have mist Noah.... I often party with a fire mage at squids because the misting speeds up killing of everyone overall. Rangers almost never get partied unless it's with friends because we are just not as stable as hermits and we don't have party skills (that changes in 4th job yay!)

O_o
pyro31191: so they can buy dildos instead of fleshlights
Old 12-21-2007, 08:02 PM   #15038
ckj846
FFR Player

I'm getting really bored of maple hahaha -_- I just want to get to 105 so I can go to nests in leafre =]

O_o
Old 12-21-2007, 08:56 PM   #15039
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckj846 View Post
You have mist Noah....
They're immune to poison. I mean, once skelegons are out I'll be there (despite being somewhat below the level any other class would go) and misting for massive exp gains, but it's annoying that a place PERFECT for mist (I could probably tri-channel ghosts if they weren't immune and get like 100000% per hour) has monsters that are immune to poison. I just wish I had known 4th job was coming now and I could have like 10 points in Seal instead of 9 in comp. At least I don't have to grudge through getting comp anymore. Max booster ftw, seriously.

Old 12-21-2007, 11:43 PM   #15040
ckj846
FFR Player

Hmm I need advice on my build...

So at the moment I have:
30 strafe
30 arrow rain
9 puppet
5 Mortal Blow
7 Hawk
1 Inferno

Level 97.... So I was thinking of the following

98 hawk (10)
99 hawk (13)
100 hawk (16)
101 hawk (19)
102 hawk (21) (95% stun)
103 puppet (12)
104 puppet (15) (3600 hp)
105 hawk (24)
106 hawk (27)
107 hawk (29) inferno (2)
108 inferno (5)
109 inferno (8)
110 inferno (11)
111 inferno (14)
112 inferno (17)
113 inferno (20)
114 inferno (23)
115 inferno (26)
116 inferno (29)
117 inferno (30) thrust (2)
118 puppet (18)
119 puppet (20) thrust (3)
120 thrust (5) mastery (20)

Ugh I have 19 bow master at the moment haha -_-

That leaves me with:
Max strafe
Max rain
Max puppet
Max Inferno
29 hawk (99% stun)
5 thrust
5 MB

Does this look ok? The reason why I don't pure hawk after 10x is because by this level, hawk will be stunning everything like crazy and at that level, I should be strong enough to explore the other areas of leafre and more puppet would be very useful. I've been thinking about it and MB seems relatively useless after 3rd job since we have Dragon Pulse and constant Knockback thanks to SoA and Sharp Eyes. Thrust is just a nice +10 speed boost, nothing special.

Comments? I've been thinking about it a lot recently actually >_<

O_o
Closed Thread