Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 03:05 AM   #15281
BreatheIntoMe
FFR Player

Default Re: MapleStory

Where do i go to make crystal ilbis? and what drops the shards?

Check them out =] Great new band

Old 02-15-2008, 10:31 AM   #15282
xpensixgramx
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to xpensixgramx

Jebus. Everyone plays Maple these days. I used to play. But it just kinda stopped working.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:43 AM   #15283
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreatheIntoMe View Post
Where do i go to make crystal ilbis? and what drops the shards?
How many times does it need to be said.

There is no "drop" shards. There is only "buy cards, get shards". And National Guards, Saint Bernard, and Die Hard. Etc.

\(D:)/
Old 02-15-2008, 10:47 AM   #15284
BreatheIntoMe
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
How many times does it need to be said.

There is no "drop" shards. There is only "buy cards, get shards". And National Guards, Saint Bernard, and Die Hard. Etc.

\(D/
Err thanks for answering my question, but i don't see it anywhere else in the thread.

Old 02-15-2008, 02:09 PM   #15285
vpr0721
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to vpr0721 Send a message via MSN to vpr0721

I really do not see why people pay so much money on this game, i mean its not worth to pay so much money on a game where the company doesnt even care about the players and wont fix the glitches that disconnects them from the game and/or bans them if they try to travel around and wont even unban them. lol. I'm limiting on how much NX i buy for now on until i see improvements and more gameplay cuz i have been so bored recently...

And i dont see the reason to withhold content from GMS like showa and coke town and the egypt place (nihal) and singapore, its just stupid. More places to go and experience equals a better game and more fun which should attract more people. The way nexon limits their gameplay is just retarted lol. Not to mention the need of a faking time slot to kill a boss, its no fun... they need to fix that shyt too.Anyways im done with this rant time to go do something >.>

Last edited by vpr0721; 02-15-2008 at 05:24 PM..
Old 02-15-2008, 05:29 PM   #15286
vpr0721
FFR Player

Lol, this is another reason why im limiting on how much NX i get.

I was training at himes/dreamy ghosts one night on channel 1 when snowman was randomly summoned. It caused major lag across the whole channel. Everybody on my buddy list/guild that was on channel 1 was experiencing major monster/channel lag. I lost 2 safety charms due to the lag caused by the snowman. If you want to, can i get my safety charms caused by the snowman that you guys put in there that caused major channel lag across bera? Thx, that was my own money. =(

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Nexon America's Customer Support team.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to reimburse you with this issue. If any compensation were to be given it would be listed on the website.

Thank you for your patience, and I apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

GM Maelstrom
Nexon America, Inc.
Old 02-16-2008, 02:26 AM   #15287
BreatheIntoMe
FFR Player

Eh, i guess that would be pretty annoying. But think, good thing you had the safety charms or you would be out on a good bit of lvling. =p

Old 02-16-2008, 10:26 AM   #15288
ckj846
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ckj846

Releasing all new material at once would probably be the stupidest marketing move on Nexon's part. They're smart. Thing is, of course they don't care about it's customers because they are a business and a goal of a business is to make money. If they released all of the material right now, everyone would be excited for a month or two and then demand more. That would lead to more people quitting than the people quitting at the current rate because Nexon holds new material over the player's heads in order to keep them waiting and guessing.

People spend money on the game because they choose to, not because they are forced to. People can spend money the way they want to, and unfortunately Nexon gets filthy rich off it.

O_o
pyro31191: so they can buy dildos instead of fleshlights
Old 02-16-2008, 02:09 PM   #15289
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckj846 View Post
Releasing all new material at once would probably be the stupidest marketing move on Nexon's part. They're smart.
cough

Take a look at patch .49 please.

All of Leafre, 4th job, everything, all in one patch.

Now, I agree that it IS stupid to release everything at once, and seriously, I have already expressed this sentiment that they should have just given us parts of Leafre in late 07, finally giving JUST 4th job in January (since we would have had all of Leafre by then).

And Cam, with the way they do it, it does get ridiculous. Think how long we were screaming for Leafre. People are still crying for Showa, and that'll probably never even come. People are wanting more Masteria areas, and they give us multiple patches in a row with literally 0 real content (unless you consider reused event quests or ****ty TCG tie ins to be real content). It's not so much to ask that we just get actual new things when they add new things.

And that's not even the major issue. The major issue that I can see is that they simply don't have enough people working for them. 99.99% of the time, there are no GMs on. In addition, they have a really ****ty automated response system for inquiries. It seems like about 1/100 people are actually helped by it. If they had someone who actually took the time to sit down and full read, comprehend, and respond to issues, things would be a whole lot better. If they had even just one GM online at all times, things would be a whole lot better. If they had even just one GM running around in game looking for people to ban, things would be a whole lot better. I've said it before: give GM powers to someone already a member of the high level community and the world would actually clean up. So many things players know about that the Nexon staff have literally no clue about.

tl;dr: should have given leafre in parts rather than all at once, and more staffing from nexon plz
Old 02-17-2008, 03:06 AM   #15290
vpr0721
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
cough

Take a look at patch .49 please.

All of Leafre, 4th job, everything, all in one patch.

Now, I agree that it IS stupid to release everything at once, and seriously, I have already expressed this sentiment that they should have just given us parts of Leafre in late 07, finally giving JUST 4th job in January (since we would have had all of Leafre by then).

And Cam, with the way they do it, it does get ridiculous. Think how long we were screaming for Leafre. People are still crying for Showa, and that'll probably never even come. People are wanting more Masteria areas, and they give us multiple patches in a row with literally 0 real content (unless you consider reused event quests or ****ty TCG tie ins to be real content). It's not so much to ask that we just get actual new things when they add new things.

And that's not even the major issue. The major issue that I can see is that they simply don't have enough people working for them. 99.99% of the time, there are no GMs on. In addition, they have a really ****ty automated response system for inquiries. It seems like about 1/100 people are actually helped by it. If they had someone who actually took the time to sit down and full read, comprehend, and respond to issues, things would be a whole lot better. If they had even just one GM online at all times, things would be a whole lot better. If they had even just one GM running around in game looking for people to ban, things would be a whole lot better. I've said it before: give GM powers to someone already a member of the high level community and the world would actually clean up. So many things players know about that the Nexon staff have literally no clue about.

tl;dr: should have given leafre in parts rather than all at once, and more staffing from nexon plz
Ya, Nexon America raked in 20m in 07 if im correct.... i read it somewhere... WHY IS THERE NO GM ON AT ALL TIMES? i dont get it... Nexon American is so retarted its funny hahhaha
Old 02-17-2008, 12:11 PM   #15291
BreatheIntoMe
FFR Player

I have a question. I have a 2x card and i was wondering which would lvl me faster. Either killing curse eyes(i think thats the name) for 100 exp, which i 1 hit, or should i kill mask fish, which i 2 hit for 120 exp. I'm lvl 31.

Old 02-17-2008, 02:16 PM   #15292
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Quote:
They're smart.
Certainly not. I think the best team running any version of MS is Nexon Japan. Look at how they do things and look at how strong their player base is. They run their game so well that they have a serious problem with other people coming to their version. They give the players what they want (more exp generally, better exp/hp ratios, unique stuff that they asked for, etc etc) and they release updates regularly. Practically every new patch has a new area, even a not-so-great one. They are constantly creating new exclusive content so if there is nothing to release from KMS they can release that. They also hold lots of events all the time and I'm pretty sure the GM presence is much better.

Thing is, releasing EVERYTHING at once would make people really happy and then they'd get bored and want more. Releasing NOTHING for several months makes people very unhappy AND bored. They'd be better off going nuts with updates and giving us everything, cuz tons of people were getting fed up. That's why they released so much in the Leafre patch, cuz at that point if it had been anything less people would have bitched and moaned about it.

There are so many things that a lot of people in charge of MS could do to make it a better game. I have listed these things over and over again, and I often realize more things they could do. This isn't just GMS I'm talking about, I think the people making it originally in KMS could do a ton of tweaking to make the game way better. =\

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 02-18-2008, 12:06 AM   #15293
zeplinfan911
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I just blew up my 15 int hat ;(

13 AAA's
Average: 464.82558139535
Old 02-18-2008, 12:48 AM   #15294
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

Gained over 110m exp today. That's enough from level 86 to 100.

8)
Old 02-18-2008, 06:14 AM   #15295
Tibs
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Tibs

it's funny because you probably only got like 50% from it
Old 02-18-2008, 01:03 PM   #15296
ckj846
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ckj846

I said they're smart because look at how much money they're making. It doesn't matter that the players are unhappy, they still spend money on the game and that's really all Nexon cares about. In this aspect, they are extremely smart. They keep people hooked on the game, anticipating 4th job and what not. Meanwhile, people's NX is running out and they spend more and keep waiting for new stuff. Sure, some people quit and people fuss but in the end Nexon gets a ton of money in the process.

I would agree that Nexon Japan is the most respectful and genuine towards the players. It's just so much better in JMS. Too bad you don't play anymore Noah =(!

O_o
pyro31191: so they can buy dildos instead of fleshlights
Old 02-18-2008, 05:11 PM   #15297
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Quote:
I said they're smart because look at how much money they're making.
So? Case in point: Britney Spears makes lots of money.

But just think about the percentage of characters in JMS who have cash items. You have trouble finding anybody there who doesn't have tons of cash stuff. If Nexon America treated the people in GMS with anywhere near the care that JMS takes with its customers, GMS would be making them even more money.

Also, Nexon easily could have made a ****ton of money if they had released 2x cards 2 years ago, when instead they were claiming it would never happen because "it's not something good for the community" or whatever BS they said.

In the end, Nexon America seems to have missed one of the most simple things about a business: You have to SPEND money to MAKE money. =\

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 02-18-2008, 07:18 PM   #15298
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

Okay, say they don't want to spend the effort into making their "customers" a little more happy and make a little more cash. That's their problem. No matter how much you complain about whether they should have done this or that, you're still going to play the game.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
Old 02-18-2008, 08:37 PM   #15299
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
it's funny because you probably only got like 50% from it
Actually, that is roughly 100%.

Leafre, 4th job, and 2x exp can do real wonders.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:13 AM   #15300
BreatheIntoMe
FFR Player

Well there hasn't been much action going on here lately, so i think ill give a little update my progress. Even though you don't care, its cool.

Noob haste Pwns. And i finally got max crit =D

Closed Thread