Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2015, 03:03 AM   #1
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Default CosmoVibe General Thread

I'll cut to the chase. You guys might want stuff from me and I need a ton of shit from you guys. Let's make a deal.

Chart Testing

Anybody can send me charts they want me to test. I cannot guarantee I will test them due to various reasons (I quit out because it's so bad/boring, you send me too much stuff without any significant improvement, etc), but I will eventually get around to testing them (work is a bitch now, 12 hour shifts).

Send to: bufangliang@gmail.com
Title must begin with "Playtest: " followed by whatever the fuck you want.

Charts to test:

- Yorange Peel (choof) - couldn't test, rolls crashed my 3.9

- Timber (Krazeymann) - Up to m14 it was fine.
Starting at m14 there are some inconsistencies that don't feel right. For example, the 8th note right before beat 4 of m14 is a single note, when it probably should be a double. The beginning of the measure opens with kick drum being [14] and the snare being [2], and suddenly this is swapped for no reason, putting kick on [4] and snare on [12]. It's jarring because after the first beat you expect doubles for kick drums and that's not what you get. Snares are a different story though. Because the snare is crisp and light, you don't need doubles on every snare hit, as long as it can be differentiated. You could probably make them all single notes and if your patterns are good it'll work.
The jack right before m23 makes no sense, and gets in the way of hitting the kick drum notes.
For the section in m26, obviously the same criticisms from the previous section apply. In addition, the yellow note holds that you first see here don't seem to add much. This is because the lead synth that carried over into this section is no longer being followed by jacks, and therefore on top of not really getting much feel out of the lead synth, the hold can confuse players. It's taking away from the other holds, which highlight the percussion in the back (which I would remove the red holds since I feel like the blue hold alone highlights the sound well enough).
m33 there's a cool fill here that you completely ignored or incorrectly charted.
If you're worried about the 32nd runs starting m54, you'd be right. If anything, if you just wanted to get away with something that worked, use 24ths, since the "feel" of the rhythm here is triplets. However, the real rhythm is much more complicated than that, quite chaotic. Up to you how far you wanna sync this.
I would redo the patterns of the last measure. It feel strange to put the high pitch sounds (the jack) on the left side since you fall back on the bass boom for the last note. The last note should also probably be a double since it's a pretty big hit. [12] (keeping the hold on column 1) should make it feel much more satisfying. This also alleviates some of the issues regarding using the same column for the snare jack and the bass.

Why am I doing this? It's harder to find time to get around to doing these due to work, but I still wanted to contribute to the community. In addition, with the whole pack stuff going on, I don't want to have to log into (let alone remember to) a separate account just to grab everything. This also gives people who don't submit to any of these packs to just get constructive feedback for any general chart they have. Finally, while I may not declare to be a judge of other packs, anyone is free to use my reviews for their own use however they see fit.

Graphics Requests

I'm working on a very overdue pack that I had "promised" the community a while ago. Now that I'm starting to finally compile a bunch of stuff together, I'm still missing graphics.

I've had a very awkward past regarding graphics so to make myself feel better: I'll use whatever graphics I'm given without being picky, but if multiple sets for a song are submitted, I'm going to list them all and highlight which one I plan on using.

Stuff that needs graphics (listed in approximate order of priority):
- banner for pack, titled "CosmoVibe Collection"
- banner for pack, titled "Complextro Pack"
- Magic (cYsmix remix) - Nhato
- Bad Boy - Razihel
- Voyage 1969 x All Lifestyles - ZUN vs The Beastie Boys (mix by Viotex)
- Throwdown - Zircon
- Ranranran dayo - Kousaki Satou
- Hagane Kobushi - Kousaki Satou
- On to Grasstown - Studio Pixel
- Jewelry Rock - Jun
- Bass Expo - Gporev
- Energy Drink - Virtual Riot {chart not completed yet}
- Pink - Parquets (can't find link)

There might be a few I missed, but I'll double check them when I arrive back home in a few days.

Projects

This is mostly to list projects to announce progress or let people contribute.

Complextro Pack
- still expecting a lot more submissions (or porky and me will fill them)
- graphics

CosmoVibe Collection
- need a LOT more graphics
- once Complextro Pack is released, will do a repackaging and final check
- current expected count: 9 unreleased charts, 5 revisited charts, 23 released charts

Misc

So I decided to add this here for now. I may move this bit or cross-post it somewhere else on this forum when I'm not so tired and need to wake up for work in like 3 hours. This is just a game prototype at the moment, besides a little commitment, no pressure or anything.

Long explanation: I have a long-term goal of getting some games designed and developed. Unfortunately, due to lack of knowledge and experience, I didn't know how to handle large projects, which is essentially the ultimate reason for KBO's "death". I wanted to find people to work with, to get some experience with smaller projects, in order to work towards this goal, learn more, and hopefully be able to scale and start new projects easier, maybe even revitalizing KBO one day.
Short explanation: I wanna make games. Let's make games.

- Untitled Game: Programming collaborators (at least meet one of the criteria)
--- Familiar and strong with basic coding, client-side code (working with Javascript and Kinetic.js)
--- Strong with Javascript and Node.js, server-side code, bonus points if you know how to set up user authentication and save data

preview screenshot that shamelessly uses placeholder art:

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music

Last edited by stargroup100; 07-2-2015 at 04:23 PM..
stargroup100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 03:37 AM   #2
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: CosmoVibe General Thread

sent stepmania
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 07:30 AM   #3
Buta-san
FFR Player
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Buta-san

omg your stepping that old ass beastie boys mashup lol
Thats the next thing I want you to finish, both 4k and 6k haha

rebirth's pack
stepping stones
this
ronald jenkees
fullerene shift
supercool
and piano pack all need gfx good luck

Last edited by Buta-san; 06-24-2015 at 11:59 AM..
Buta-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 07:24 PM   #4
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

choof your shit crashed my stepmania. im guessing you have rolls in there

do what you like but I don't have time to take out the rolls myself

if you resubmit though title your email properly please

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
stargroup100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 08:53 PM   #5