Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-2-2010, 09:54 PM   #221
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Default Re: League of Legends

Infinity Edge is so overpowered and broken, seriously. Makes all DPS champs dish out crazy amounts of damage. It's the sole reason why DPS outshines casters.

Also I'm really tired of getting bad teammates. The last 3 games I played, one of which was ranked, 2 of them had a Sivir that fed the only champion on the opposite team that actually posed to be a problematic counter against my champion. The other one was a game in which our Heimer (me) and Urgot were the carries of the team. You know your team is bad when Heimer and Urgot are carrying the goddamn team.

I really need to learn some DPS champs or I'll never be able to carry bad players.

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
Old 12-2-2010, 09:58 PM   #222
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

duo q solves all problems

also sg you play heimer too much

also i once played with a soulstealer spirit visage trynd

also trundle blowjobs hard he would be like if an anivia only built tank items and had no purpose other than to slow and terraform

pce
Old 12-3-2010, 03:31 AM   #223
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
also sg you play heimer too much
but I like heimer ;-;

the problem is, heimer is only good in certain situations, only good against certain champions. then there is the case where I play, say, a ranked game, where most of the enemy team is bad against heimer. my team always happens to feed the one person that gives me a problem, and they are too dumb to figure out how to fix their mistake

I "carry" almost every ranked game I play as heimer. my teammates can't get enough damage output so I have to nuke a few people before they go into a fight

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
Old 12-3-2010, 07:44 AM   #224
phe0nixblade
Praise the sun mofo
FFR Veteran

yeah i was the urgot
hes actually not a terribad champ like i though, just have to have a decent early game to do anything
Old 12-3-2010, 03:35 PM   #225
masterhickle
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to masterhickle

Urgot is only a true threat from levels 1-7ish (longer if he gets a few kills in that span). After that, he's just an annoyance that punishes people stupid enough to forget he has an ult ready. I do like AD Urgot with a Trinity Force though.

Mina, do you exist in this thread only to disagree with everything I say? =/
Old 12-3-2010, 05:33 PM   #226
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

i exist to punish retardation
Old 12-3-2010, 07:21 PM   #227
x_Dragun_x
So. I Herd u Liek Mudkipz
FFR Veteran

<3 you mina,
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
You know you've played too much FFR when you're tempted to try it on your partner's privates.
^ Have thought about it, Have tried it, They throughly enjoyed it, Nuff said
Old 12-3-2010, 08:52 PM   #228
masterhickle
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

You're probably also one of those people that says Doran's Blade isn't a bad item, right?
Old 12-3-2010, 10:09 PM   #229
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

i herd all high level players buy vampiric scepter over doranz blade

tru storie
Old 12-3-2010, 10:14 PM   #230
x_Dragun_x
FFR Veteran

lul, 100 health, about 5-7 health less per auto attack then with a vamp scepter, and 8 damage... so either get a minute ammount more health back, and then cap at max health alot earlier so you can be at full health and get nuked earlier... Or be a little bit more defensive, have about 10% more damage till level 10 or so, and live through a gank
Quote:
You know you've played too much FFR when you're tempted to try it on your partner's privates.

Last edited by x_Dragun_x; 12-3-2010 at 10:27 PM..
Old 12-3-2010, 11:29 PM   #231
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

master hickle do U suggest we buy 10 hp pots at the start of the game
Old 12-4-2010, 04:20 AM   #232
masterhickle
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I'll really only ever buy the Doran's Ring. I sometimes buy the shield (champs like Shen). You'll never see me get a Blade though, it just isn't worth it.

Honestly, the shield does more than the blade for you. You can argue that you're losing damage and lifesteal, but you're gaining armor and hp/5. Unless someone on the other team is stacking Armor Penetration runes, that bonus armor from the shield does much more for your survivability. And think of this.... the lifesteal on the blade is what, 4%? Ok, that's 4hp for every 100 damage you deal. At levels 1-5, that's about 2 seconds of attacking to hit 100 damage. One minion hit can undo 10-15 seconds worth of attacks. Get a vamp scepter and each minion hit is one, maybe two attacks. The numbers are probably way off, but it's 5:20am here and you can probably see what I'm getting at.

As for what I go into the lane with.... It all depends on what kind of build I'm going for. For my DPSers, I usually go in with a Vamp. Scepter (turn into a Bloodthirster or Stark's) or a Sapphire Crystal (Manamune or Sheen [into Tri Force or Lichbane]) and health pots.

Now.... if we gave that Doran's Blade 4 or 5 Armor Penetration instead of the damage, we'd have ourselves a nice Blade....

~inb4 ****storm over me saying Doran's Blade isn't good and then proving it~

Last edited by masterhickle; 12-4-2010 at 04:29 AM..
Old 12-4-2010, 04:33 AM   #233
x_Dragun_x
FFR Veteran

So against a vlad that transfuses you in mid... The armor helps with that?
Along with increasing your flat damage by 10-15% till level 11 or so, the % of lifesteal rounds up, so at earlier levels, its about half as effective as a vamp septer as far as that portion goes. And as i said earlier, without that 100 extra health, you cap out with a vamp septer alot earlier. And lets say you go offensive runes/masteries. You will have less then 500 health to start. Thats a very east ammount to get a first blood off of. Instead of the almost 600.

at level 1 you get about 15% damage increase, about 20% survivability increase, for the loss of about 5-7 at most health not gained with a vamp septer. With a dorans shield, you get less then half the health regen that you would auto attacking creeps. The advantage to that is that you can regen it out of combat. But if you are playing a harass heavy champion... wouldent you want the extra 15% damage increase? And if you are constantly harassing, you would be gaining more health then you would over time with a dorans shield.
Quote:
Old 12-4-2010, 05:14 AM   #234
Sevekor
FFR Player

Hey i play. Add me, Im Sevekor.
Old 12-4-2010, 05:17 AM   #235
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterhickle View Post
I'll really only ever buy the Doran's Ring. I sometimes buy the shield (champs like Shen). You'll never see me get a Blade though, it just isn't worth it.

Honestly, the shield does more than the blade for you. You can argue that you're losing damage and lifesteal, but you're gaining armor and hp/5. Unless someone on the other team is stacking Armor Penetration runes, that bonus armor from the shield does much more for your survivability. And think of this.... the lifesteal on the blade is what, 4%? Ok, that's 4hp for every 100 damage you deal. At levels 1-5, that's about 2 seconds of attacking to hit 100 damage. One minion hit can undo 10-15 seconds worth of attacks. Get a vamp scepter and each minion hit is one, maybe two attacks. The numbers are probably way off, but it's 5:20am here and you can probably see what I'm getting at.

As for what I go into the lane with.... It all depends on what kind of build I'm going for. For my DPSers, I usually go in with a Vamp. Scepter (turn into a Bloodthirster or Stark's) or a Sapphire Crystal (Manamune or Sheen [into Tri Force or Lichbane]) and health pots.

Now.... if we gave that Doran's Blade 4 or 5 Armor Penetration instead of the damage, we'd have ourselves a nice Blade....

~inb4 ****storm over me saying Doran's Blade isn't good and then proving it~
lmfao you are ****ing retarded i have an idea lets 1v1 mf mirror match i'll only buy dorans blades for the first 10 minutes and beat you
Old 12-4-2010, 12:06 PM   #236
x_Dragun_x
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
lmfao you are ****ing retarded i have an idea lets 1v1 mf mirror match i'll only buy dorans blades for the first 10 minutes and beat you
Dont be to mean =p
Quote:

Last edited by x_Dragun_x; 12-4-2010 at 12:14 PM..
Old 12-4-2010, 01:46 PM   #237
masterhickle
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Is that all you can do to rebut someone Mina, call them retarded?

If I wanted a damage increase, I'd buy a Long Sword, which builds into a wonderful Brutalizer. Damage, Armor Penetration, and Cooldown Reduction.

If you're harrassing to the point that you NEED the lifesteal because you're taking damage, YOU are the one that's over-extending. YOU are the one that needs to rethink how to go about things. Harrassing doesn't have to mean constantly attacking someone. It could be as simple as throwing in an attack every so often. Look at Garen, all you need is one attack every 7 seconds to shut down his early game regeneration. Since most Garens will start off with boots and 3 health pots, you'll be hurting him.

Anyway, after going through a number of different Gangplank builds, I've finally settled on one...
Boots of Swiftness
Chalice
Trinity Force
Infinity Edge
Frozen Mallet
Atma's Impaler

If you're doing things right, you can have the first four items in about 30 minutes. I start off with a Meki Pendant and two health pots. I try to make my first buy a Sheen, Chalice, and level 1 Boots.
Summoner spells are Ghost and Clarity. Level 1 ability is his E, then from there I prioritize Q>W>E, picking up my ult whenever it's available.

With my rune page and masteries, I come in at about 65% crit chance before I get an elixir.

Edit: Also, any Vlad that harrasses you more than he last hits with Transfusion isn't the greatest Vlad in the world, but I feel there will be a disagreement that a 12 minute Warmog's on Vlad does amazing things.
My Vlad build? Warmog's, Rylai's, Sorc. Shoes, Zhonya's, Spirit Visage, Haunting Guise. The last two items are whatever really. The game will typically end by the time you land your Zhonya's.

Last edited by masterhickle; 12-4-2010 at 03:35 PM..
Old 12-4-2010, 03:36 PM   #238
x_Dragun_x
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterhickle View Post
If I wanted a damage increase, I'd buy a Long Sword, which builds into a wonderful Brutalizer. Damage, Armor Penetration, and Cooldown Reduction.
As i addressed earlier, its also a factor of your survivability. Not just straight damage output. Sure you can go glass cannon, But if they happen to stun/blind you, you are a easy target to kill.

The raw damage output is almost the exact same as if you had 3 dorans blades and a brutalizer The cost difference is that with the brutalizer you have to spend almost 100g more to get it.. And with the 15% armor pen, it would make your auto attacks hit for about 5 more damage per hit. and a 10% CDR. Or you could have 25% more survivability with the 3 dorans blades, Livesteal to help you stay in lane longer, And almost the exact same damage.

Lets look at the advantages of the rough same cost build of a GP starting to get a bloodthirster, over a GP who has nothing but dorans blades. This does not include masteries/runes

Level 10 with WIP Bloodthirster, (Vamp septer/M.F. Sword)
Total health 1305
Total base survivability: 1874 (includes armor/mr)
Flat damage: 134
Damage per sercond: 119 (Just auto attacking)
Costs 2300 without boots

Level 10 with 5 dorans blades
Total Health: 1805
Total base survivability:2595 (Includes armor/mr)
Flat damage: 124
Damage per sercond: 110 (Just auto attacking)
Costs 2175 without boots

And if you see someone early game, with almost 2k health, and then someone right next to them with 1300 health, Who do you think they would attack?

Quote:
If you're harrassing to the point that you NEED the lifesteal because you're taking damage, YOU are the one that's over-extending. YOU are the one that needs to rethink how to go about things. Harrassing doesn't have to mean constantly attacking someone. It could be as simple as throwing in an attack every so often. Look at Garen, all you need is one attack every 7 seconds to shut down his early game regeneration. Since most Garens will start off with boots and 3 health pots, you'll be hurting him.

If your champion dosent have any form of health regen, And you decide to not get any... And you happen to face someone who does... If they are any good at all... they will abuse that fact. Like lets say you face a GP in a solo lane, and both of you are soloing. He gets a meki pendant and you get a longsword with 2 health pots. He can just exp cap you by only hitting you with parley and forcing you back constantly. If you pop a health pot, he will just auto attack/parley you to reduce how much you gain from it by 50%. And on top of that, negate how much you would have healed with it. Parley level 1 2x on you would do more then 100 damage, and thats how much your health pot would heal. After you end up blowing both of them, What do you do? He wont attack any creeps untill they are at 20- health so your minions will kill there minions, so you will only get about 2-3 creeps of exp every wave. And if you do, you will take 100+ damage every time you try. Sure you can harass him a bit, But he can just heal it back with remove scurvy/health pots. So he can negate 3 of your attacks every 20ish seconds. While you can negate 4 of his attacks, 2 times. After that, you cant negate any.

This is all theoretical talking here. But what is true, is that if you do watch high tier games. Most of the DPS champions like trist, yi, twitch, and those sorts, get alot of very low tier items. And they will always have defensive runes or masteries, if not both. Like on trist, since she dosent need much mana regen, so they normally get 2-3 dorans blades, YI gets 3-4 blue circles (aka dorans ring)((watch Pendragon's stream)) Twitch gets 2-3 averice blades, (ill rant on playing "korean" later)
Quote:
Old 12-4-2010, 04:17 PM   #239
TechnoElite2
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to TechnoElite2 Send a message via MSN to TechnoElite2 Send a message via Yahoo to TechnoElite2
Wink Re: League of Legends

So, this thread ran itself into the ground after a couple of 1300 Solo's started acting like they own the place and ignoring the word of the higher ranked, better player. I'mma say this to master, also known as Dalebert.

Stop. Your posts do nothing but serve your observation. Based on what I've read, your observation is ****.

Moving on. Allow me to burst some of your bubbles (And some of others.)

1. Olaf is more desierable and higher tier than Tyrn, Irelia, Xin, and Jax in solo/ranked as far as melee goes, and does a whole lot of work to Teemo compared to every other melee champion in the game.

2. As soon as you bahsed Doran's blade, Mina, I doubted you as anything more than a random casual. My observation was clarified upon seeing your 35-36 record in Solos. Stop talking unless it's bashing Master. It's the only thing you're good at. Same thing with Master, though his argument against the blade at least looks good on paper. Then again, so do women's rights. Speaking of which, I declare Mina's null and void, as she challenged another player to a '1v1 mf mirror match' out of rage. The failure can't be contained in words.

3. That MF build is terrible. This is the body of my argument against it. It. Is. Terrible. It's like AP on Mundo. Beats face if Corki is afk.

Let the flame-responses commence.

'Nuff Said.
Old 12-4-2010, 05:14 PM   #240
masterhickle
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Oh snap, internet tough guy! I can tell by the hand gesture in his avatar!
(It was too easy, I had to do this. Now back to the topic at hand....)

How high in the League ladders are you that you can come in and talk like this?

Nearly everyone, and I mean NEARLY everyone is too quick to put down anyone that strays from the norm. Look at that MF build. Now consider her W's passive ability. AP boosts the effects of the passive. I build around her W. If it's so bad, why am I so efficient with it, even in ranked games?

I guess I must be bad because I don't follow what the forums say, to the letter.

I theory-craft. I run my ideas by my friends, and we refine the ideas. We then play-test our ideas. If, after a few games, the idea doesn't work, we'll drop it and go back to how things were.

That MF build? That was just an idea. I could understand you saying it's bad if I played 3 or 4 games with it, won each game, then came here claiming I've struck gold. All I said is that I'm efficient with it, that I've consistently done well with it. I played about 10 games as AD MF and didn't like it. I've played 50+ games using that build and done well with it.

Then again, it's all a matter of what we're comfortable with, isn't it?

Last edited by masterhickle; 12-4-2010 at 05:40 PM..
Closed Thread