Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 01:51 AM   #41
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CLVII: The Perfect Blowjob Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
4) XelNya - One of my top town reads. Another mysterious death imo, but I liked his sincere posting in d0 EoD. It was so freakin' pure, I couldn't put Xel in my wolf reads anymore. And hey, look at that, it helped! Other than though, I think Xel was doing too much shit for his own good. He just needs to cut down on his posts that provide nothing. There's a fine balance of shitposting without content and shitposting with content.
I think this issue this game was not hard investing as I had the past two games. Though I can't say cutting the low content posts or not would have helped here because I'd have had like 7 posts this whole game then. I played like ass, I acknowledge I played like ass. Sorry guys x.x'
Old 09-13-2016, 02:07 AM   #42
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

The orders that led to my modkill. Sorry, town, I'll take my share of the blame 🙁

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
Old 09-13-2016, 02:34 AM   #43
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack

Quote:
I think this issue this game was not hard investing as I had the past two games. Though I can't say cutting the low content posts or not would have helped here because I'd have had like 7 posts this whole game then. I played like ass, I acknowledge I played like ass. Sorry guys x.x'
No man, imo you've been getting a lot better lately

this was a good game from you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic

Last edited by DaBackpack; 09-13-2016 at 02:34 AM..
Old 09-13-2016, 03:01 AM   #44
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
No man, imo you've been getting a lot better lately

this was a good game from you
Can't say I thought it was good in the slightest.
Old 09-13-2016, 10:00 AM   #45
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to AragakiAyase

Just wanted to say I liked how cedo played this game. Also congrats Jake on the wolf win

pikakirby123 reincarnated

Old 09-13-2016, 10:28 AM   #46
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

ethan put up turbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
Old 09-13-2016, 11:17 AM   #47
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Congrats to Gradiant on a well deserved win. Woulda fooled me.

But inactivity made following that game kind of a chore. Maybe we should consider taking a hiatus on TWG so when we play next people are actually hungry for it?
This is wholly player dependent, so I don't think we need a hiatus at the moment. Morale was down for most parties and the inactive list can be tied to people rather than the whole game in general.
Old 09-13-2016, 01:13 PM   #48
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

turbo

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=145482

Old 09-13-2016, 01:31 PM   #49
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan

Xiz's gimmick d0 was pretty great

Gradiant should've sent in a kill on one of the doctors on N5 I think. This is because if one of the doctors dies, I think the other one gets lynched pretty quickly.
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 09-13-2016, 01:40 PM   #50
thesunfan
Role Tide

so, three doctors is kind of a lot.

I think c9++ has too much potential to generate weird/unbalanced setups, so a few people in deadchat changed some things.

I'd like to hear thoughts about the changes below, please.

Change the cop rolls to 51-60. Cops are too likely to be rolled, and because I'm replacing the useless roleblocker with a jailor, the jailor should be more likely to be rolled.
Make all Doctors nerfed (Can't save the same person twice in a row). Change the rolls to 61-70.
Change Vigi to 71-80.
Change Mason to 81-90.
Change Blocker to Jailor, buff from 96-100 to 91-100
Make SK 1-shot Bulletproof, unless at least a full cop is present, in which case they are Investigation Immune.
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Quote:
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 09-13-2016, 01:43 PM   #51
Gradiant
FFR's Resident Trashpanda
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
Gradiant should've sent in a kill on one of the doctors on N5 I think. This is because if one of the doctors dies, I think the other one gets lynched pretty quickly.
Not when thinking they're going to continue protecting eachother and not either be lazy and not send a target or protect one of the non-doctors. I went for Xiz because yoshi had said he wasn't liking cedo, and with his inactivity (yoshi's), it'd be easy to get him to vote for cedo like he did the last phase anyway.

Last edited by Gradiant; 09-13-2016 at 01:48 PM..
Old 09-13-2016, 01:47 PM   #52
pedolad
FFR Player

Yoshi didn't like my inactivity

fuckin irony
Old 09-13-2016, 01:48 PM   #53
pedolad
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by AragakiAyase View Post
Just wanted to say I liked how cedo played this game. Also congrats Jake on the wolf win
I'm not sure if you mean if you liked the way I played, or the fact I actually played lol
Old 09-13-2016, 01:53 PM   #54
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedolad View Post
I'm not sure if you mean if you liked the way I played, or the fact I actually played lol
Both lol

Old 09-13-2016, 02:43 PM   #55
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
so, three doctors is kind of a lot.

I think c9++ has too much potential to generate weird/unbalanced setups, so a few people in deadchat changed some things.

I'd like to hear thoughts about the changes below, please.

Change the cop rolls to 51-60. Cops are too likely to be rolled, and because I'm replacing the useless roleblocker with a jailor, the jailor should be more likely to be rolled.
Make all Doctors nerfed (Can't save the same person twice in a row). Change the rolls to 61-70.
Change Vigi to 71-80.
Change Mason to 81-90.
Change Blocker to Jailor, buff from 96-100 to 91-100
Make SK 1-shot Bulletproof, unless at least a full cop is present, in which case they are Investigation Immune.
i don't think that doc nerf achieves the goal you want if self save is an option for docs (didn't really see anything saying otherwise). i think a solution for getting quite so many docs might be making the D rolls scale more slowly (e.g. DDD gives you 1 full and 2 one-shots)

i'm loath to take away SK's choice and i would probably only be ok with it if SK did not know their own ability (which i believe you intend)

less sure about blocker -> jailor since blockers are originally so rare anyway, and jailor can act doclike, but i'm ok with rescaling the rolls
Old 09-13-2016, 02:46 PM   #56
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
less sure about blocker -> jailor since blockers are originally so rare anyway, and jailor can act doclike, but i'm ok with rescaling the rolls
well, i'd say one or the other (change the role or make blocker a 10 range) but not both
Old 09-13-2016, 03:09 PM   #57
thesunfan
Role Tide

docs can't ever self save. This is the norm and situations where docs can self save usually make mention of this in the OP

Charu had an idea about changing the scaling, and I like that as well, but one of the things that is always true in c9++ is that there can never be two 1-shot roles of the same type, and the scaling doesn't make much sense if you change this just for docs, not exactly sure what to do about that

You are right that jailors can be doctor type, but they're the worst non-bastard doctors out there, so I think the bigger hurdle here for me is whether or not they're too good of blockers, not that they're also doctor type
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-13-2016, 08:48 PM   #58
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
docs can't ever self save. This is the norm and situations where docs can self save usually make mention of this in the OP

Charu had an idea about changing the scaling, and I like that as well, but one of the things that is always true in c9++ is that there can never be two 1-shot roles of the same type, and the scaling doesn't make much sense if you change this just for docs, not exactly sure what to do about that

You are right that jailors can be doctor type, but they're the worst non-bastard doctors out there, so I think the bigger hurdle here for me is whether or not they're too good of blockers, not that they're also doctor type
ok i just didn't see that written down anywhere when i looked earlier. i see it now. so yeah, nerf solves that

re: scaling, well here's another way of going about it then. D is a full doc, currently. what if each tier was reduced by 1/2, so D is one-shot doc, DD is full doc, etc? this matches cop, vig and (kind of) mason in scaling

i think jailors as blockers just yield more nuanced info, not necessarily more powerful info. if town sees a night kill not go through, it's tougher to tell whether the blocked player was the actor or the target of the kill, whereas it might be easier to assume the person you roleblocked is a killer if you're just a regular blocker.
Closed Thread