Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games

Old 02-18-2007, 05:17 PM   #1
Yuruka
FFR Player

Default ||-The MMO Guide-||

This is a guide I made just now; It's for people who aren't sure if they should download that RPG. Sometimes Videos and Pictures aren't enough. That's where the wonderful guide system comes in! By the way. Try maplestory and runescape. Because I am suprised there are 2 Million people on Maplestory even though it sucks. Same for runescape.
Have fun!!
I don't cover every RPG...Only the ones I've played.
|||||||||||||||THESE ARE MY OPINIONS||||||||||||||||||

Maplestory:
Poor 2D interface/graphics. Last boss has 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999HP.
Easily hackable. You need to get to level 10 to get a job then level to advance then bla bla bla equip a sword and a ring and a necklace then play a gay little card game then all the monsters faces look exactly the same.
4/10
Maplestory(AFROBEANS' VERSION):
My defense of MapleStory:

Yes, it does suck, but for none of the reasons you said.

It sucks because the GMs aren't hard enough on hackers and the economy makes it impossible for a new player to get anything decent unless they're really lucky and get it from drop, buy mesos illegally, hack, or get a decent foothold with some capital and start "playing the market" (ie make profit from nothing by buying low from people who don't know what their stuff is worth, then turning around and selling for more than it's worth to others that don't know what it's worth). Aside from that, the only terrible thing is how long it takes to level at higher levels, and that's bearable as long as you don't want to just sit down and grind for 10 hours every day.

The things that you mentioned as negatives are positives in my opinion. I love the 2D art, and the interface is fantastic. I like the idea that bosses have tons of HP, so that certain classes can't just walk in and kill them in one hit. I love the job system. It opens the door for people to make alterations to their pathway as they go (in some cases anyway) and it is an effective way to unlock portions of your skillbook over time. Also: it allows for perma-beginners and I just really like the idea of being able to do that if I want.

ps there are tons of faces... that would be like saying anyone who plays WoW is the same faces. It's simply not true. As for monsters... they reuse and edit some sprites for related monsters (eg pigs, ribbon pigs, iron pigs, wild boar, fire boar, iron boar), but there is a wide variety of monsters, even if there are similar monsters. Actually using similar monsters gives the game a connected feel. If every monster were totally different than any other monsters, it would feel really random.
---------
BY: AFROBEAN

Runescape:
No comment, or maybe a row of asterisks would describe my feelings of hate when I think of this washed up clay made RPG. If I crapped myself, put it in the freezer. Waited a day, took it out and made a sword and a player with it, it would equal this apitamy of RPG'S.
0/10

Goonzu:
I guess it's ok, a bit repetative, not so big-a-map. Lots to do, a bit confusing at times but a good "Guide/Sensei function" for newbies.
A good time passer.
4/10

Dofus !!!!!!!!RECOMMENDED!!!!!!!!!!:
A beautifully rendered 2D RPG. Not alot of servers (European) but hey, it lacks server space but makes up for it in gameplay. Imagine Disgaea crossed with...Lets say...Final fantasy tactics. It's really good. Also has a PK/PVP system and a PK Rating system were you can have Good (Bonta) wings or Bad (Brakmarian/Brak) wings.
8/10

MythWarOnline!!!!!!!!RECOMMENDED!!!!!!!!!!:
Again, a bit repetative but nice, lots of skills that are upgradable. They don't all look the same. E.G: Ice I would look like a piece of ice falling onto the target. However; Ice IV (4) Would be A Glacier of ice covering multiple targets for effective damage to groupies. Also has a nice PVP system.
7/10

Gunz!!!!!!!!RECOMMENDED!!!!!!!!!!:
Not a very PRO:FPS like Counter strike or anything. It's the best Third-Person-Shooter (Free TPS) out there and has a levelling/quest system too. A bit bad but a bit good. There's good and bad in everything remember ...Except runescape...(Mumbles in head: Frikkin ghey rpg)
6/10

Gunbound:
A nice tactical rpg, worms with machines and specials. Has a good engine and physics system. I don't really have much more to say but that. Think of Worms.Also has very very good Graphics.
6/10

FlyFF/FlyForFun!!!!!!!!RECOMMENDED!!!!!!!!!!:
3D Rpg with a nice battle system and equip/item system. I love the special features, like the fly option which comes to mid-level players. Really colourful and fun. (In UK we spell Color = Colour.)
7/10

SpaceCowboy:
Flying, 3D, Guns. Cool Pilot mode and Fly mode. It's really fun flying through the caves shooting the targets in one of the quests. I enjoyed playing it.
7/10

SilkroadOnline:
Not like other korean rpgs transformed into english ones, you know. Those same repetative (I use that word too much) Rpg's that have a tiny bit of difference. Meh! Try it out! It's fun.
6/10

ScionsOfFate(www.fate.netgame.com):
Another failed korean rpg has a good interface and nice graphics but just doesn't do it. It just doesn't have THE feeling. If you get what I mean. I starrted playing and got to level 6. All I was fighting for like 2 hours were Bobcats and Toads. I couldn't jump onto Wolves which are the next enemy because they were too high-a-level. It was really really repetative and was getting boring...I hastily Alt+F4'd this biatch and tune-up-shredded it in the recycling bin. The quests SUCK ass and the spells are confusing to use. You have to do a quest and it doesn't tell you were you have to go. Then train it and doesn't tell you jack about that either, it's just a messed up game. Oh; It's 3D.
2/10

Sincerly,
Me.

You Gonna Get Raped!
I hate those gay poké/digifag adoptables.
Lol 100 posts in about 2 days.

Last edited by Yuruka; 02-26-2007 at 04:34 PM..
Yuruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 05:27 PM   #2
Verruckter
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Verruckter Send a message via MSN to Verruckter
Default Re: ||-The MMO Guide-||

Ok.
Old 02-18-2007, 05:30 PM   #3
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

Thanks for posting this in the GENERAL VIDEO GAMES FORUM.

Sigh. Moved because the OP didn't take three seconds to look through the forum index....

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
GuidoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 05:32 PM   #4
Yuruka
FFR Player

I knew about the General video games section. I just wanted to post it in Chit-Chat...Because it's not really something like "OMG SILNETHILL4IZKEWL" it's a guide for games....*Sigh*

You Gonna Get Raped!
I hate those gay poké/digifag adoptables.
Lol 100 posts in about 2 days.
Yuruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 05:36 PM   #5
vashthestampede0987
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to vashthestampede0987

But it's still about games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight
I hate myself.

Cheers,

Synthlight
xxpla tonic love: GIVE IT TO ME
xxpla tonic love: ****ing give it to me
vashthestampede0987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 05:39 PM   #6
x_Dragun_x
So. I Herd u Liek Mudkipz
FFR Veteran

sweet =)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
You know you've played too much FFR when you're tempted to try it on your partner's privates.
^ Have thought about it, Have tried it, They throughly enjoyed it, Nuff said
x_Dragun_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 05:52 PM   #7
Necamus
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuruka View Post
|||||||||||||||THESE ARE MY OPINIONS||||||||||||||||||
Your opinions suck.
Necamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 06:07 PM   #8
v0lcom
IT Guru
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to v0lcom Send a message via MSN to v0lcom Send a message via Skype™ to v0lcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necamus View Post
Your opinions suck.
Ownage right there.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:20 PM   #9
Kagome
Pop'n Music.
Retired Staff

Send a message via AIM to Kagome Send a message via MSN to Kagome

Oh no he posted in the wrong forum! Lets all make a big deal about it.
Kagome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 12:44 PM   #10
sjoecool1991
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I have tried all of those, and they all pretty much suck.
sjoecool1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 03:04 PM   #11
xDivinityx
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

you fail at making good reviews of MMO's. Review some of the MMO's that require money to play??

xDivinityx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:52 PM   #12
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

You have to remember, this guy is smart. He decided to only review games that he has played and not make false assumptions about games he hasn't played. He's already made a huge step in my book.

As reviews go, they are not definite. They are just one person's opinion and that's that.

However, I do have some counter-arguments to add to his points.

Maple Story - I personally thought that the simple 2D graphics and interface to be one of the key elements in my interest for the game. The art looked pretty solid and everything was in bright colors. I can tell that you had a rather poor experience from playing the game, but take it from me, and many others who has played the game, we didn't play the game for just the grinding, but for the competition and the society. I quit around the time the society went downhill. More and more morons were joining the game, it was just, unplayable.

The game however, is not based on playing little card games with "terrible" looking faces.

I can't say anything about any other game because I haven't played any of them.

~Tsugomaru
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 07:16 PM   #13
Pumble
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Pumble

all korean MMOs are the exact same thing sorry
Old 02-21-2007, 08:52 PM   #14
justom
FFR Player

youfail.org
Old 02-22-2007, 06:50 AM   #15
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

It sucks because the GMs aren't hard enough on hackers and the economy makes it impossible for a new player to get anything decent unless they're really lucky and get it from drop, buy mesos illegally, hack, or get a decent foothold with some capital and start "playing the market" (ie make profit from nothing by buying low from people who don't know what their stuff is worth, then turning around and selling for more than it's worth to others that don't know what it's worth). Aside from that, the only terrible thing is how long it takes to level at higher levels, and that's bearable as long as you don't want to just sit down and grind for 10 hours every day.

The things that you mentioned as negatives are positives in my opinion. I love the 2D art, and the interface is fantastic. I like the idea that bosses have tons of HP, so that certain classes can't just walk in and kill them in one hit. I love the job system. It opens the door for people to make alterations to their pathway as they go (in some cases anyway) and it is an effective way to unlock portions of your skillbook over time. Also: it allows for perma-beginners and I just really like the idea of being able to do that if I want.

ps there are tons of faces... that would be like saying anyone who plays WoW is the same faces. It's simply not true. As for monsters... they reuse and edit some sprites for related monsters (eg pigs, ribbon pigs, iron pigs, wild boar, fire boar, iron boar), but there is a wide variety of monsters, even if there are similar monsters. Actually using similar monsters gives the game a connected feel. If every monster were totally different than any other monsters, it would feel really random.

EDIT:
Quote:
He decided to only review games that he has played and not make false assumptions about games he hasn't played.
Yeah, because getting to level 20 in MapleStory is enough time to say the game sucks for reasons that are totally wrong.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:01 AM   #16
DarkProdigy
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

It's way too long to copypasta, so scroll down to BigDonkey's post on this page for a comprehensive defense of RuneScape.

Last edited by DarkProdigy; 02-22-2007 at 07:13 AM..
DarkProdigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:04 AM   #17
RisqOmega
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post

EDIT: Yeah, because getting to level 20 in MapleStory is enough time to say the game sucks for reasons that are totally wrong.
It sucks for the reason he listed too.
RisqOmega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:44 AM   #18
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisqOmega View Post
It sucks for the reason he listed too.
No.
Quote:
Maplestory:
Poor 2D interface/graphics.
The graphics are just fine as far as this type of graphic goes. We're not talking about high end 3D graphics. We're talking about 2D pixel art graphics.

Quote:
Last boss has 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999HP.
Not true. The final boss does have tons of HP, but it is well within the reach of a good party. Also: new bosses are added from time to time, some of which don't have really high HP.

Quote:
Easily hackable.
Any game in which a group of hackers give out hacks to newbs is "easily hackable" then? It's only easy because a few people who can do it make it available to anyone who wants it.

Quote:
You need to get to level 10 to get a job then level to advance
Once again, there is nothing wrong with the job system. Many people actually really like the job system as is. Just because you're used to some games where you choose your class when you create the character doesn't mean that games that don't follow that formula suck because of it.

Quote:
then bla bla bla equip a sword and a ring and a necklace
Not sure what this is trying to say, because there aren't even necklaces in the game. The rings don't do anything either and have absolutely no affect on gameplay and the vast majority of the players don't even use them.

Quote:
then play a gay little card game
This minigame has nothing to do with anything and most people never even play it. I don't even have required item to play any of the minigames, because to be frank, they aren't worth playing. However, just because there is something there that sucks doesn't mean that it makes the game as a whole suck because you don't even have to play the minigame ever.

Quote:
then all the monsters faces look exactly the same.
I already pointed out the fact that there really are many different faces, and similarities among monsters adds to the look of the game. It's not like there are only 3 kinds of monsters and everything is based off of those 3 designs. There are tons of unique monsters.

Again having a level 20 character does not give you enough knowlege of the game to say whether it sucks or not. It does in fact suck, but for completely different reasons. Those reasons that were listed in the description were invalid.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:51 AM   #19
TechnoElite2
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to TechnoElite2 Send a message via MSN to TechnoElite2 Send a message via Yahoo to TechnoElite2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verruckter View Post
Ok.
Ditto.

Edit

Maple Story is one of the best, if not the best free MMO on the internet.

Anyone who doesn't think so, is a Communist.

(Guild Wars is far supirior, but it isn't on the internet.)

'Nuff Said.
TechnoElite2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 09:09 AM   #20
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

Afro, anyone who has played a game for any amount of time should be able to give a review on it. It's just their opinion. It's also questionable whether or not the review is good, but that's for us to decide.

~Tsugomaru
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote