Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Contested Chart Difficulties
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 01:32 PM   #1
Elite Ninja
Kawaii Desu
Difficulty Consulting Cat
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default spanish [10 or 11]

So I whored spanish for almost 3 hours straight today and finally nabbed the AAA on my 89th play. With having played it for such a long time I came to the conclusion that this should be an 11. Lets compare some statistics.

spanish Statistics
Release Date: 12-13-11
Song Length: 2:53
Number of AAAs: 25
Number of FCs: 140
Number of Players: 569
# of Times Played: 3,090

ok so now compare it to Colorful Course which was released on the same day and is an 11.

Colorful Course Statistics
Release Date: 12-13-11
Song Length: 3:29
Number of AAAs: 43
Number of FCs: 199
Number of Players: 647
# of Times Played: 3,434

What you can see from this is the following:

- Colorful Course has more AAAs and FCs but has also been played by 68 more players than spanish.

- Both Colorful Course and spanish are long songs (Colorful Course being about 30 seconds longer though). Colorful Course is more dense than spanish but is also more straight forward with its patterns while spanish is less dense (not by too much in some parts) but has lots of awkward patterns and coloured notes.

I will provide some SSs of some places I had trouble with on spanish below (there could be more but these are the ones I found difficult for myself):

This is an akward pattern to hit

This was tough to nail sometimes

This part is not easy to do without using previous notes to guide you into nailing this (not sure how to explain it but it's what I did to AAA it).

The trill didn't give me too much trouble but every once in a while I would get caught by this part of the trill near the beginning (notice the gaps).

Not sure if I explained my point well but you guys can discuss what you think as well :3
Old 02-20-2012, 05:48 AM   #2
Jerry DB
FFR, lift, repeat
FFR Veteran

Default Re: spanish [10 or 11]

I agree spanish has more akward parts then the earth blew up and that just got bumped up

Low 11 IMO
Old 02-20-2012, 07:10 AM   #3
MaxGhost
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to MaxGhost

Man this is one of the songs that I couldn't FC for the longest time, and I've FC'd every 10 otherwise (except SAMBISTA cause that shit is aids). I agree with it being an 11 with the super awkward framing stuff going on.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:37 PM   #4
stavie33
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I don't even find this near the higher VC's, it's a mid 74 IMO, it really fits right there with Piano X Forte, they have similarly awkward patterns minus the trill, and files like It's Only Natural and Angel Island have worse trills. The other bursts don't even compare to songs like Twelve and Sambita, more along the lines of Szestscetlan (butchered the name) which is also relatively high VC. Compared to the highest VC's (Keep in Mind, BRwP, Feldschlatt, Xeno-Flow) the technicality and consistency is minor. What in this file makes the bursts worse than nearly all of Hero's Themes awkwardness? And most of the song is slow 16ths with bursts that are arguably easier than Fake Jazz. The song is technical, but is in no comparison an FMO, I couldn't even describe why any part of that song is singularly anything higher than a high VC.

Also I thought Colorful Course should be VC, but to be fair Colorful Course is consistantly more draining and dense, with lots of jumpstreams, jacks, and it's fair share of bursts. It is I'd say, despite statistics, a harder song by pattern and design than Spanish, but Spanish is one of those technical VC's that pulls goods the same way Feldschlatt and Keep in Mind do, songs that aren't overall FMO but have parts that will mess you up. It's like how Reality has wayyy more AAA's than Piano Etude Gymnastics or Kirby (anti-ares) will ever have. Doesn't mean the others are harder than Reality (which I think Reality is actually really hard despite it's AAA'ability)
You're holding me down (Oh Oh)
Turning me round (Oh Oh)
Filling me up with your rules (Oooh)

Last edited by stavie33; 02-20-2012 at 09:40 PM..
Old 02-20-2012, 10:10 PM   #5
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

This just doesn't feel like a FMO in terms of speed. If we're going on difficulty to PA I could maybe see the argument, but it's honestly not out of VC range in my mind.

Old 03-17-2012, 10:13 PM   #6
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

lolbump

The burst are tricky, and the color****ed trill is hard to time, but those only account for PA difficulty. FC difficulty is a mid-high 10 max.

This is below songs like Bus Rides With People and SAMBISTA in terms of burst difficulty.

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:43 PM   #7
m0de
Marble Eater
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to m0de

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayword45 View Post
lolbump

The burst are tricky, and the color****ed trill is hard to time, but those only account for PA difficulty. FC difficulty is a mid-high 10 max.

This is below songs like Bus Rides With People and SAMBISTA in terms of burst difficulty.
pretty much this. its a high 10. and the trill can suck a d~
Old 03-17-2012, 10:51 PM   #8
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

The trill is hard

not dumping a good in the intro is harder

PS: LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW 11 but an 11 none the less
Old 03-18-2012, 07:27 PM   #9
stavie33
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

since we all agree it's not the HARDEST 10, by about 8 or so songs, why make it an 11?
Turning me round (Oh Oh)
Old 03-18-2012, 10:55 PM   #10
bballa48
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Clearly a 10.

The trill (I would assume to be agreed upon as the hardest part) isn't even close to as hard as It's Only Natural's trill (a 10).

There are a few somewhat difficult bursts, but all are at the beginning. Furthermore, none of the bursts are close to the hardest bursts in Didj PVC or Bus Rides With People.

It is fine right where it is near Piano X Forte and Final Step.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:58 PM   #11
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

I think it's an 11, so much harder than songs like novo mondo/0/colorful course/defection, awkward bursts and that trill, although the whole high 10/low 11 range seems hazy to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FictionJunction View Post
wow
Old 03-19-2012, 12:38 AM   #12
stavie33
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-rodd123 View Post
I think it's an 11, so much harder than songs like novo mondo/0/colorful course/defection, awkward bursts and that trill, although the whole high 10/low 11 range seems hazy to me.
how is it anything like any of those? It's bursts are no where near as oddly patterned as the ones in Novo Mundo, which are put in funky jumpstream to begin with, and a roll wall that you have to roll, and colorful course has some dense jumpstream, fast bursts, 24th stream, and mini jacks. Spanish really just has the trill, outside of that trill and the beginning it's a mid 10, the rest of the file is about as bursty and weird as Fake Jazz which is a low 10 to begin with. Keep in Mind is pretty much the song i compare it to, as they are similar, except Keep in Mind is far harder in every feasible way, and is still a 10. So let me ask you this, why is this song harder than Keep in Mind or Feldschlatt, before you explain why it's harder than Colorful Course.
Turning me round (Oh Oh)
Old 03-19-2012, 12:46 AM   #13
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stavie33 View Post
how is it anything like any of those? It's bursts are no where near as oddly patterned as the ones in Novo Mundo, which are put in funky jumpstream to begin with, and a roll wall that you have to roll, and colorful course has some dense jumpstream, fast bursts, 24th stream, and mini jacks. Spanish really just has the trill, outside of that trill and the beginning it's a mid 10, the rest of the file is about as bursty and weird as Fake Jazz which is a low 10 to begin with. Keep in Mind is pretty much the song i compare it to, as they are similar, except Keep in Mind is far harder in every feasible way, and is still a 10. So let me ask you this, why is this song harder than Keep in Mind or Feldschlatt, before you explain why it's harder than Colorful Course.
you were comparing it to the hardest VCs, and i was comparing it to the easiest fmos. i think keep in mind/feldschlatt should be 11s if the songs i listed are 11s, just saying the trill and bursts make it really hard to pa spanish. it is probably my worst vc that i have had a serious attempt at

Quote:
wow
Old 03-19-2012, 12:50 AM   #14
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Ninja View Post

lmfao

Old 03-19-2012, 02:09 AM   #15
Mau5
FFR Player

^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by stavie33 View Post
no where near as oddly patterned as the ones in Novo Mundo
Old 03-19-2012, 10:08 AM   #16
stavie33
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

those bursts also flow really, really well. Novo Mundo jumpstream puts pressure on one hand before throwing in a 32nd burst and follows it up with immediate jumpstream
Turning me round (Oh Oh)
Old 03-19-2012, 11:35 AM   #17
JJTrixX
Green & Gold ReflexKage
FFR Veteran

This song is without a doubt a mid to high 10 at best. A songs difficulty rating shouldn't be judged based on how many attempts it takes to AAA, but on it's overall capability of being read based on pa, relative to other songs in its difficulty bracket. And there's about 10+ vc charts that most would agree is harder to pa then "spanish" and would still be considered a high-10
Old 03-19-2012, 11:37 AM   #18
iironiic
D6 FFR Legacy Player
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

High VC. I think both CC and Spanish should be VCs if Bus Rides is a VC. The only parts I find difficult in this file are the mini 232 and 343 32nds after the trill haha.

I'll edit this post with more reasons later today.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:05 PM   #19
SK8R43
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

LOL @ J-rodd123, How in the hell would keep in mind be an 11?? But in all seriousness Spanish should remain a 10. IMO
Old 03-19-2012, 12:15 PM   #20
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK8R43 View Post
LOL @ J-rodd123, How in the hell would keep in mind be an 11?? But in all seriousness Spanish should remain a 10. IMO
woops i need to check my posts closer, i did not mean to write that i would never classify keep in mind an 11, i was meaning feldschlact and bus rides. guess i had keep in mind in my head from reading it from the other post haha

Quote:
wow
Closed Thread