Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-5-2013, 11:05 AM   #661
Roar176
FFR Player

Default Re: ODIPack3 submissions (it's happening!)

wac suk

he makes songs
then slightly change it in the OST version lOl
I stepped the game version and changed the mp3 with the OST version
that's why u saw a few errors gg

I sent a revision
reworked the jump jacks so it doesn't overload a hand
tried a different approach to the 48th trills at the end (n0 trillz noW)

however I left the left hand jacks because ... it's either left or right hand
and I did that on purpose basically xd
would feel odd to change it halfway

inb4 purple
inb4 red

(heidy)(heidy)(heidy)(heidy)(heidy)

get mad h8ers
Roar176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-5-2013, 11:46 AM   #662
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_God_10

I have 3 more songs in my WIP LOL at this rate The Grey Tide won't be done until like 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
TIL women have breasts because of horniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
Shadow_God_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-5-2013, 12:47 PM   #663
stargroup
FFR Player

hi19 you never told me if you liked the revisions I made to your chart :[
Old 04-5-2013, 03:14 PM   #664
Nick Skyline
Retired from VSRGs
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
DOUBLE EDIT (rofl): I'm ALSO stepping "The Last Battle" by Xi (can't remember if I stepped that I'm pretty sure I made the edit chart but meh)...It'll be like St.Scarhand on steroids
Yeah, that was you. But I don't have the file anymore
Nick Skyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-5-2013, 04:10 PM   #665
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_God_10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Skyline View Post
Yeah, that was you. But I don't have the file anymore
tbh I just kinda threw it together without paying much attention. This time around I'm paying attention to it.

UPDATE: 30 seconds into The Grey Tide \m/, I scrapped Determination because I honestly can't be bothered with it. aaannnd Gravestoned is almost done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
TIL women have breasts because of horniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
Shadow_God_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-5-2013, 05:08 PM   #666
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollocephalus View Post

Love the font you used as it fits, but I don't think the song itself fits with dark gritty graphics you got going. Still looks mega cool though!

If you do revise it though, pleeeeeease don't change the font. I love love love the font you chose for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-5-2013, 09:10 PM   #667
Victorique
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by dascookieman View Post
wine of gold
this file could possibly end up being accepted as it has a lot of potential, but i don't like how parts of it are made. they could be made so much more fun.

all the 24th trills are 32nds.
measure 9-20 the 8ths go to nothing. remove them and put new ones going to that hi-hat, it will be cool.
measure 20-23 a few of the single notes aren't there
measure 33-53 has 16ths missing and a few 16ths are wrong. it also bothers me that there are no extra arrows added when the melody hits at the same time as the percussion stepped. you should make all the 4th jumps single notes to begin with and make the 4ths and 8ths jumps when the melody is playing at the same time. then add one more arrow going to the percussion like you have from measure 41. right before measure 53 a bunch of drum stuff is obviously wrong
measure 57-end this part has potential because the melody does a couple of cool things and the small drum bursts are cool. but i think it needs to be remade completly because it isn't well layered at all. find all the melody notes first, then just add notes on all 4ths and 8ths to the bassdrum and hi-hat and then add the drum bursts as well. the way it is right now it's the same pattern and flow over and over even though there are very clear different things going on in the song, it's not nearly as much fun as it should be. if this part is properly layered it will automatically become a lot more interesting and challenging, and it will provide a bit of a climax towards the end of the file which is always cool.
I wasn't even going to do this, in fact i haven't opened my editor in months, but I got bored and started reading the thread so yeah, don't mind me. I went through the file again cause I was bored. I'll go specifically to the parts of the file I stepped.

all the 24th trills are 32nds. <-- They're toned down on purpose cause 32nds are gay, I don't really care about that kind of precision, not that you're really going to complain when you play it if they're toned down

measure 9-20 the 8ths go to nothing. remove them and put new ones going to that hi-hat, it will be cool. <-- You're retarded and those 8ths go to the bass, get new headphones, or get ones if you don't have

measure 20-23 a few of the single notes aren't there <-- I didn't step them on purpose to make a stop (song itself hints a stop due to the lack of snare in that measure), you know there isn't really necessary to step them, in fact i layered mines instead.

measure 57-end <---- You're retarded and you don't make sense, there's nothing wrong with it. (You may have a different idea than me on how to deal with this part)

It's ironic how you complain about missing 16ths while you can't hear the most obvious 8ths

And it's The Wind of Gold not WINE at least spell properly the song name.

Peace

PD: Btw I'm not really mad, and I don't really care about the pack in the first place.
IF YOU WERE RONNED TOMORROW, I WOULDN’T GO TO UR TABLE CUZ I’D BE IN FURITEN FOR RIICHIING DA MOTHA ****ER THAT RONNED YOU!
WE TRUE TOMODACHIS. WE RON TOGETHER. WE TSUMO TOGETHER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Last edited by Victorique; 04-5-2013 at 10:17 PM.. Reason: yes you are mad (bmah) <---- nope :) I just wanted to see what he will answer
Victorique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-5-2013, 09:21 PM   #668
AlexDest
good hot
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorique View Post
PD: Btw I'm not really mad, and I don't really care about the pack in the first place.
Quote:
measure 9-20 the 8ths go to nothing. remove them and put new ones going to that hi-hat, it will be cool. <-- You're retarded and those 8ths go to the bass, get new headphones, or get ones if you don't have

measure 57-end <---- You're retarded and you don't make sense, there's nothing wrong
you're right, you're definitely not mad

very diplomatic of you

yep
Old 04-5-2013, 09:22 PM   #669
Roar176
FFR Player

Quote:
I wasn't even going to do this, in fact i haven't opened my editor in months, but I got bored and started reading the thread so yeah, don't mind me. I went through the file again cause I was bored. I'll go specifically to the parts of the file I stepped.

all the 24th trills are 32nds. <-- They're toned down on purpose cause 32nds are gay, I don't really care about that kind of precision, not that you're really going to complain when you play it if they're toned down

measure 20-23 a few of the single notes aren't there <-- I didn't step them on purpose to make a stop, you know there isn't really necessary to step them, in fact i layered mines instead.

measure 57-end <---- You're retarded and you don't make sense, there's nothing wrong with it.

It's ironic how you complain about missing 16ths while you can't hear the most obvious 8ths

Peace

jAjAjA

get mad h8ers
Old 04-5-2013, 09:28 PM   #670
Nick Skyline
Retired from VSRGs
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorique, in response to GLoVE's review of Wind of Gold View Post

measure 20-23 a few of the single notes aren't there <-- I didn't step them on purpose to make a stop, you know there isn't really necessary to step them, in fact i layered mines instead.

measure 57-end <---- You're retarded and you don't make sense, there's nothing wrong with it.

Peace

Quote:
i'm retarded.
...That's all I've got. This kind of criticism was why I scrapped Underwater Pokémon Show.
Quote:
Opening underwater pokemon show

it completly lacks any kind of flow and it's really hard to follow. don't have time for it in the editor as it would take me forever. some parts are cool, some are a lot more challenging than other, unforunately most of it is challening in a not so fun way with so much different types of color notes all the time that aren't even fast, it gets a bit tedious to play towards the end to be honest. nice try but this one needs some major revision to have a chance, but i wouldn't completly rule it out
And by submitting Wind of Gold into this pack for submission, it's obvious you care about it to an extent.

p.s. gigasweden 4 life

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proverb
If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Last edited by Nick Skyline; 04-5-2013 at 09:51 PM..
Nick Skyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-5-2013, 09:46 PM   #671
Victorique
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Skyline View Post
...That's all I've got. This kind of criticism was why I scrapped Underwater Pokémon Show (see earlier in this thread).

And by submitting Wind of Gold into this pack for submission, it's obvious you care about it to an extent.

p.s. gigasweden 4 life

EDIT:
It was originally meant for Xoon 6, but when they merged it went to this pack

I don't think what he says is bad I just think that I have a different vision on how to step a file than him (not better, not worse), what I don't really like (don't mind the added flaming) is that he's forcing ppl to step his way, wanting me to change my way of stepping. I can stand criticism when something's really wrong in the file, unfortunately I don't have a way to prove it now but I did countless times before, and I'm very critical of my own files (I would change so much things of my old files), but I don't really see anything wrong with the file
IF YOU WERE RONNED TOMORROW, I WOULDN’T GO TO UR TABLE CUZ I’D BE IN FURITEN FOR RIICHIING DA MOTHA ****ER THAT RONNED YOU!

Last edited by Victorique; 04-5-2013 at 09:52 PM..
Old 04-5-2013, 10:00 PM   #672
moches
FFR Player

Quote:
existens
awesome swing fun to play. it's on the verge of being too easy but it's fun and there are no other swing files like this in the pack yet. there are many inconsistencies in the layering though and it could be made more fun and challenging at the same time if properly layered imo

measure 1, the freeze sound is playing 3 notes and i don't think the last drum note(s) is/are correct either <- weird, I went over this part like 12309321901 times and I still don't hear any inaccuracies...

measure 11&15 the sound the minifreeze is going to is obviously playing 3 24ths? i don't think the sound has to be represented by freezes either. <- fixed both issues.

measure 10-17 i don't like the layering in this entire part. the gallops are to the keyboard right? and the 8ths to the hi-hat? the keyboard plays on many 8ths, so they should be jumps. several times the basskicks, the keyboard and the melody hits at the same time and there should be some hands. some 8th jumps only have the basskick so they should be singles. you should remake this entire part, just step the keyboard only first as it the subtle sound but it's important and supercool. then just add arrows on all 8ths to the hi-hat, add arrows on all 4ths to the basskick and then add the main melody, i think it would be really fun

<- this entire part was essentially keysounded lol (for that matter, basically the entire file). the jumps aren't jumps because two sounds come together but because they're notes I felt should be emphasized (hence why the layering switches from jumps on the kick to jumps on the brass)

this sounds like an interesting idea, though. tbh I've never really straightlayered much, but I'll give it a shot and see how it goes

measure 18-25 i think this part has a lot of the same problem, some 4th only have the basskicks and should be singles and some 8ths has the keyboard and should be jumps. <- same note

measure 27 the 16th, the keyboard is playing the same note as the 8th jump right before so it should be a minijack <-fixed

measure 28&32 missing keyboard swing <- fixed

measure 30-33 the layering again <- addressed this above

measure 31 missing keyboard 16th minijack again <- fixed

measure 34-36 add the string instrument or whatev it is here to as you do in the end of measure 36, it'll become cool 16ths over the green arrow gallops for a short bit. <- tbh this just felt awkward when I did it...I'd rather leave it as is.

measure 37 the strings are playing two notes at a time here <-are they? I'll check for that.

won't keep going but give the file a bit an overhaul and this can surely be accepted
I'm stuck in midterm hell for the time being, but I wanted to address your review so you weren't left hanging. I think I'll take the time to fix it up, I really like the song

got one more file for this and then it's adios for me. btw did you ever get to playing the revisions for Destination and Bright Sound?
moches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-5-2013, 10:03 PM   #673
FissionMailed1
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to FissionMailed1

Quote:

I don't think what he says is bad I just think that I have a different vision on how to step a file than him (not better, not worse), what I don't really like (don't mind the added flaming) is that he's forcing ppl to step his way, wanting me to change my way of stepping. I can stand criticism when something's really wrong in the file, unfortunately I don't have a way to prove it now but I did countless times before, and I'm very critical of my own files (I would change so much things of my old files), but I don't really see anything wrong with the file
All you had to do was give GLoVE a civilized response with your reasoning as to why you stepped different things the way you did. Attacking him like you did was really unnecessary. I'm sure he would be more than reasonable about looking at your file again if you defended it, like you did, without all of the flaming.

YOUR THROBBING MULTIFARIOUS LUSTFUL DESIRES ARE COMPLETED N YOUR HYPER-ORANGE SELF, YOU MAKE ME LOVE AGAIN, YOU'VE CHANGED MY HEART, MY MELANCHOLIA DISAPPEARS WHEN YOU ARE INSIDE OF ME, MY HUMAN RAGE IS TEMPERED WHEN I AM INSIDE YOU, THE SECRET IS COMMUNICATION, LONGEVITY, STAMINA, REPETITION, FURY, SOULFUL KISSING, EARPLUGS. YOU FUCKING CORPORATE COCKS AND CUNTS.

MY ANXIETY COMPLETE, MY DESIRE REPLETE, THE TASTE OF ORANGE BLOOD AND CUM AND GREENBACKS RUNNING DOWN MY FACE. THE STREETS WILL RUN ORANGE WITH YOUR MIXTURE OF CHEETOS AND HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLS REGURGITATED AND EATEN AND SHIT OUT AGAIN AND EATEN AGAIN.

YOU ARE MY SCULPTURE, MY SCULPTRA, MY SELF-DEFINITION. MY DEFINITION OF HUMANITY, MY HARMONY. MY HEART AND MY MIND.

YOU ARE SO ORANGE. SO CRUNCHY. SO CONSUMABLE.

THE NEW ORANGE UNDERGROUND IS THE ORANGE UP MY ASS. AND YOUR ASS.

I LOVE YOU CHEETOS.
FissionMailed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-5-2013, 10:03 PM   #674
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Quote:

reviewing charts is not an easy task to do on a large scale and still be fair while maintaining standards

glove isn't perfect and I'm sure he'll admit it himself. explain your arguments and interpretation respectfully and I'm sure he'll see what you see if it's justifiable

EDIT: ok yeah fission beat me to it what he said too

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
stargroup100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-5-2013, 10:15 PM   #675
moches
FFR Player

Quote:

you're right in that this pack is a bit of a deviation from the subjectivity-oriented philosophy that's prevalent these days, but this is GLoVE's pack and he can maintain standards any way he pleases. yes, this is the first really elitist pack in a while, but that's not necessarily a bad thing: if he were flaming and dismissing everybody, that'd be a valid concern, but everything in the thread has been constructive so far. I think both subjective and elitist perspectives have benefits and that they can coexist.
moches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-5-2013, 10:18 PM   #676
Victorique
FFR Player

I edited a bit my first post explaining my reasoning further

Ofc anyone may do as he pleases about his pack (as I did myself too), it's his decision, not mine, but that doesn't mean I can't complain about it. I'm not even asking him to review the file again or include it in the pack, I don't care, it's been two months and 600 posts since that review; if i really cared about it i would've answered inmediately. I was bored and decided to enter forums after a long while. And as I said I wanted to know what he thought about my comments, no more than that (and yeah I do sound contradictory I know that).

Last edited by Victorique; 04-5-2013 at 10:25 PM..
Old 04-5-2013, 10:33 PM   #677
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I said this on page 3 but I'll re-quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam-Dude View Post
any xoon 6 files that were originally accepted that you won't take in I call dibs on for my own pack later.
except kommi is planning on picking up xoon 6 at a later date when I can help him out

so yeah

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-5-2013, 11:29 PM   #678
Roar176
FFR Player

Kouen confirmed in Xoon 6 as rejected file

get mad h8ers
Old 04-6-2013, 01:59 AM   #679
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

Question.

The file I'm stepping will have the following:

- a 10 key chart

- a BMS file

- a KB7 chart

- a solo chart

- a 4key chart

I've said "you (the community) can remake this file however you need to make it acceptable."

It's obvious that this applies for 4key. Does it apply for solo/kb7/others? (That is, will the solo/kb7/etc charts even matter with respect to acceptance?)
Arch0wl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-6-2013, 02:07 AM   #680
t-rogdor
tane orb

Send a message via Skype™ to t-rogdor

Quote:
madcuzbad

lmao
I saw a flyer on a bulletin board at school asking for high-functioning aspergers/autism people to participate in some kind of experiment, and all I could think was, that sounds like a great place to meet girls.
t-rogdor is offline   Reply With Quote