Old 06-4-2013, 08:13 PM   #6301
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

Default Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (Batch #1 complete)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
The reasoning behind starting at a 9/10 is actually quite simple, and I do this to every file, not just yours. I'm not the only judge who does this, either.

If a file is a [++] / [10/10], it has to have something special that actually makes me increase from the base rating. For me, bmah's Gynandromorph file was a fantastic example of this -- it was a very fluent file for a strange song that actually made 100% sense, and it utilized excellent 192nd usage. I was going to give it a 9/10, but the appropriate 192nd note usage made the file that much better for me, so I gave bmah the perfect score. If I can't find any reasons to deduct from a file, but can't find anything discernibly neat/awesome about it, I'm going to give it a 9/10 (see in my notes: Lost, Nanairopanda 32-bit).

Off to work for now, be back in five hours (short shift today).
Oh shit haha, I gave Gynandromorph a 4/10.

I didn't check who stepped what until I was finished with my notes, totally didn't know that bmah stepped this. Whoops.
Old 06-5-2013, 01:29 AM   #6302
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

For TC_Halogen: your two files have been re-reviewed by AlexDest. Please check out the notes here.
Old 06-5-2013, 01:30 AM   #6303
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

rofl
Old 06-5-2013, 01:34 AM   #6304
One Winged Angel
Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

lmao did you step Szycag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
i want to be cucked by cirno
Old 06-5-2013, 01:35 AM   #6305
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

middles got banned

why is this

Last edited by Choofers; 06-5-2013 at 01:43 AM..
Old 06-5-2013, 01:44 AM   #6306
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choofers View Post
middles got banned

why is this
Not to derail the thread, but do you want the reasoning I was given or my take on it?

They're pretty different so I feel the need to ask.

PS: So does that mean N's Farewell and MFDFY can get rereviews for "poor quality" notes from both Dossar and Aj respectively?
Old 06-5-2013, 01:46 AM   #6307
mi40
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Winged Angel View Post
lmao did you step Szycag
saskrotch, for everlasting peace pt 1-3
Old 06-5-2013, 01:48 AM   #6308
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

AJ gave you reasons why your file received the score it did, and those reasons were consistent with the score. Same with Dossar.

AJ's file got rejudged because a 1/10 isn't consistent with
Quote:
so many notes missed. this file makes absolutely no sense. all the prominent piano notes are completely ignored
nor is a 4/10 consistent with
Quote:
Fast Rap Battle [4/10]
-if you're using color notes you might as well layer it more. can't help but feel that jumps should be added. this whole file is single notes. don't really know which difficulty you're catering to.
Old 06-5-2013, 01:52 AM   #6309
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Quote:
AJ gave you reasons why your file received the score it did, and those reasons were consistent with the score. Same with Dossar.

AJ's file got rejudged because a 1/10 isn't consistent with

nor is a 4/10 consistent with
If that's the best judges like them have to offer for explanations, we're in for . (Note: I have purposely left that blank. that is not a typo.) Those aren't notes, those are comments that if I described them, I'd get another infraction or w/e and to be frank, it's not worth arguing here anymore.
Old 06-5-2013, 01:56 AM   #6310
mi40

a lot of your other files got around 5~6 scores from some of the judges so i would say the 5 isn't too far off, probably a harsh judgement still but it still makes some sense, it's not like "wow this song is shit 1/10" or "lol lawn wake 3 here's a 2/10"
Old 06-5-2013, 02:12 AM   #6311
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi40 View Post
a lot of your other files got around 5~6 scores from some of the judges so i would say the 5 isn't too far off, probably a harsh judgement still but it still makes some sense, it's not like "wow this song is shit 1/10" or "lol lawn wake 3 here's a 2/10"
Anything I say will be irrelevant. The judgements were uncalled for because the quality of notes are 100% subpar. If someone does notes such as:

"N's Farewell / Xx{Midnight}xX
rating: 7.5/10 [+.]
- 22.91s,83.22s,87.16s: single arrow
- 23.82s,32.91s,34.73s,etc.: jump (in addition to the grace note) to piano chord
- 41.70s: recommend up arrow for PR
- 72.06s,etc.: no 48th, just a plain old 64th grace note here
- 49.26s: similarly, no 128th prior to the 4th; just another 64th grace note
- 51.15s,80.19s: no 48th, but unlike previously, there is a note prior to the 4th
- 55.94-56.25s: should just be a jump then a single note
- 67.16-67.50s,79.28s: actually just normal jumps. I suppose the octave spread between the piano chords gave a "grace note" sort of illusion.
- Summary: Beautiful song and good for novices to play. Most of the grace notes are actually stepped correctly, but a number of them still are not on sync or have one too many arrows. I think a lot of people will enjoy this file."

I think their judgement is of a lot higher merit than:

[Resubmission] N's Farewell – 5/10
- For an easier file of this difficulty the hands should go. I’m not enforcing a Tass-era type hand policy here or anything but this is a calm piano song that would be better stepped gracefully than with heavy layering.
- Make the two-note gallops a jump. This is an easier file and gallops are annoying when a player of this level should be learning proper rhythms first. It also covers the gallop anyways so it’s a plus.
- Rather than have a long 8th stream I would suggest following the prominent melody.
- I can picture a great easier file for this song. But in its current state, it feels like a long 8th stream with forced layering to a calm song. I would suggest getting rid of the grace notes.

In comparison, Dossar's notes just aren't acceptable. They aren't specific and every comment he makes is highly subjective. There's nothing of value to anyone in there. Not a single note he made helped in the changes I made this afternoon. In fact, when notes are posted, I copy paste them all into a notepad doc and go through them. His are completely absent. On purpose. I'd have gladly taken a 5 with the other set of notes, no problem. These, not a chance.

But yeah like I said, this will go ignored, I'll just be silenced again illogically, and the day will continue.

Good luck to everyone in the upcoming batches. I just wanna get through this queue I have so I can finally step something new and not have it rot in a folder because of - comment withheld - .
Old 06-5-2013, 02:14 AM   #6312
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Oh shit haha, I gave Gynandromorph a 4/10.

I didn't check who stepped what until I was finished with my notes, totally didn't know that bmah stepped this. Whoops.
dat stepman bias

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
Old 06-5-2013, 02:26 AM   #6313
mi40

- For an easier file of this difficulty the hands should go. I’m not enforcing a Tass-era type hand policy here or anything but this is a calm piano song that would be better stepped gracefully than with heavy layering.
- Make the two-note gallops a jump. This is an easier file and gallops are annoying when a player of this level should be learning proper rhythms first. It also covers the gallop anyways so it’s a plus.
- Rather than have a long 8th stream I would suggest following the prominent melody.
- I can picture a great easier file for this song. But in its current state, it feels like a long 8th stream with forced layering to a calm song. I would suggest getting rid of the grace notes.

first part mentions hands & layering - this points out to a problem with heavy layering of sounds that might not necessarily be needed in the form of unnecessary hands, so this might be -1 points or something

2nd part mentions two-note gallops which addresses potential pattern & difficulty issues, this is prob minor

3rd part mentions a fundamental problem with the file that is probably not in a specific spot - long 8th streams instead of following the prominent melody, this could be something big like -2 pts

4th part mentions grace notes & again, pattern problems

this is still probably a harsh judgement but i can see where the points are being taken off, it's still not "oh it's 8th stream and i don't like that -6 points" l0le

sometimes you get harsh judges and sometimes you don't, also keep in mind that scores are average

also 2 of your files are in resubs so why are you even asking for a rejudge ???????????
just fix said problems and you'll probably improve your files and get it in

would you rather have your file go into game in unfixed state or would you rather fix it up more???
remember, you're stepping so people can play your files, not so you can brag about how many files u have in game l0leeeee
Old 06-5-2013, 02:29 AM   #6314
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi40 View Post

first part mentions hands & layering - this points out to a problem with heavy layering of sounds that might not necessarily be needed in the form of unnecessary hands, so this might be -1 points or something Subjective. The layering is fine from a technical standpoint. CHords are chords, sounds such as the strings + piano note are a jump ect.

2nd part mentions two-note gallops which addresses potential pattern & difficulty issues, this is prob minor Acceptable.

3rd part mentions a fundamental problem with the file that is probably not in a specific spot - long 8th streams instead of following the prominent melody, this could be something big like -2 pts I was told last submisson to do it the way it is done, so this is a more subjective point based off of two judges recommending it differently.

4th part mentions grace notes & again, pattern problems grace notes are subjective unless off completely (which they aren't) and pattern problems, sure ok maybe. Slow chart though so there isn't that much that can really throw you off. but sure you could dock a point for that I suppose.

this is still probably a harsh judgement but i can see where the points are being taken off, it's still not "oh it's 8th stream and i don't like that -6 points" l0le

sometimes you get harsh judges and sometimes you don't, also keep in mind that scores are average

would you rather have your file go into game in unfixed state or would you rather fix it up more???
I would have fixed it to begin with obviously. I don't want an Epilogue repeat where there's a 16th jump that doesn't need to be one. I'm fine fixing mistakes, in fact I'd rather. Just don't dock so carelessly for stuff that's arguably not even that relevant. Idealistically what his notes say to me is make the chart more simple, and fix a pattern error here and a slight error here. But the making it more simple is up to the stepper within reason. I'm obviously not gonna grace drum hi hats and such, but piano notes that make the sounds like these ones do, can be graced. I chose to grace them.

Last edited by Xx{Midnight}xX; 06-5-2013 at 02:32 AM..
Old 06-5-2013, 02:32 AM   #6315
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

if you really have an issue with it there are two things you can do (since you're definitely not gonna get your files rejudged)

one: you can not fix anything, resubmit next batch, and hope you don't get the same judges

OR

two: you can fix your files and resubmit next batch, with an improved file that will ultimately increase your chances of getting another file in game
Old 06-5-2013, 02:39 AM   #6316
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Quote:
if you really have an issue with it there are two things you can do (since you're definitely not gonna get your files rejudged)

one: you can not fix anything, resubmit next batch, and hope you don't get the same judges

OR

two: you can fix your files and resubmit next batch, with an improved file that will ultimately increase your chances of getting another file in game
Well with one I'm obviously not 0 here.

And two, that's really the only option. I know I won't get them rejudged but I'm still annoyed to all hell I got denied for some of the worst reasoning I've seen typed into the forums.

Just I am only voicing anything just to throw it out that stuff like what got pulled is nonsense. I was hoping someone would at least say they understand my point, but that's just not what happened I guess. Point is some changes need to be made so that **** notes aren't allowed to spur out.

Last edited by Xx{Midnight}xX; 06-5-2013 at 02:41 AM..
Old 06-5-2013, 03:02 AM   #6317
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

The fact that you're making a huge deal out of a slightly lower score is nonsense.
Old 06-5-2013, 03:19 AM   #6318
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,

I think I've seen a bit of the N's Farewell's history.
Every time he sends it, he gets suggestions for fixes. He fixes them, sends it again, gets suggestions for fixes with things he just fixed the other way round. I can understand that it gets frustrating to get sent from pillar to post.

Quote:
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING

Last edited by SKG_Scintill; 06-6-2013 at 04:54 AM..
Old 06-5-2013, 04:11 AM   #6319
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I'm going to step n's farewell
Old 06-5-2013, 04:18 AM   #6320
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,

k kewl

Quote:
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
Closed Thread