Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 02:54 AM   #21
Kefit
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Kefit
Default Re: TWG XLV: Let's Play Danmaku Detective Game!

That is assuming random kills.

I see absolutely no reason to think that the wolves would just randomly pick someone to kill. Maybe some crazy new wolf strat has come up while I have been away from the game, but I doubt that is the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seinno
and also thank you everone for clearing it up for me I will try to start using my two hands iv tried quit a bit i put my left hand index and middle finger middle finger is on the up arrow index on on left arrow and right hand i use my index for the down button and middle for the right button does that seem weird?
Old 04-12-2007, 06:19 AM   #22
Chromer
Hookers and Blow
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Chromer Send a message via Yahoo to Chromer

Kuso! Damnit, I get Yukari and them I forget to sign up. Let me hurry up and give Talisman Yukari so he can use her. -_-

Old 04-12-2007, 08:07 AM   #23
jwcgator
RIP ffrtokens
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jwcgator

Sup, night post.

PS. At school
Old 04-12-2007, 09:37 AM   #24
MilfeulleSakuraba
Ryoko Shintani is #1!

Because I have been asked this and haven't actually said anything about it in the thread (even though it has been discussed without my interjection), you are allowed to pick yourself for the guard lottery.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:43 AM   #25
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman

kefit is right, although (admittedly somewhat for my own selfish reasons) I think I'd rather see a scenario where people who are low on the wolfing target list cast their votes for someone higher.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:46 AM   #26
flawofhumanity
MMM WATCHA SAY
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to flawofhumanity

Ok, so I've weighed the pros and cons for my role, and I'm coming out. So, for my role I basically got a list of four names, and was told in a nutshell that one is blue, one is green, one is red, and one is illegal. Now, if I list the names, the people could come to me with their roles, and we could proceed by lynching whatever there is two of, which would most likely be blue. If we don't want to go that route we can always atleast start a semi alliance with whatever there AREN'T two of. It's very imperative that IF I come out, those 4 people come to me with their REAL roles.

I think our best bet is to start an alliance with roles that aren't repeated, therefore ensuring that they AREN'T wolves, as long as everyone cooperates. I'd like to see what people think about what I should do, and whether you guys have any better ideas before I come out with the names. I will however, be telling at least a few people the roles before night ends to ensure that we can still figure this out even if I die.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:22 AM   #27
sertman
DADALADAH
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to sertman Send a message via MSN to sertman

My guess is that if you're coming out, this is a one time role (i.e you only get that list once throughout the game) so coming out won't hurt the humans at all. However, why come out before the night ended? =(

I'm not sure if coming out with the names is a good idea... but a decision is going to have to be made fast just in case you're wolved tonight.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:25 AM   #28
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

No matter what happens I think flaw should give the list to someone he trusts before the night is over.

With this lottery system there's still a possible chance of him getting wolved even if every human puts their guard on him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:45 AM   #29
talisman
Resident Penguin

Haven't thought this through yet, but I'm thinking that posting the names (or revealing them publicly somehow) is a mistake, as it gives the wolves a good shot who two blues are (the blue and the illegal). Privately though I don't think there's anything wrong with talking to the people on your list and trying to get a read on them.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:04 AM   #30
StoicRoivaS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to StoicRoivaS

Hmm, interesting. I would have waited for day also, but do what you want. Like talisman said, this basically gives them 3 names and says 2 are blue, not a great thing. But on the other hand, if we get something rolling and find out we have a guard, losing a blue for a 3-4+ person alliance and a pegged wolf isn't a bad trade either. Am I missing something or is it more than possible to just contact these people in private and somehow reveal the results on the thread? If the blue is the overlap, we're still taking a small chance, but better than having all the names out there. I'd think that idea through for a bit and give it a try if no glaring downside shows up. I can't think of anything off hand (other than the risk of double blue).
-Bowser
Old 04-12-2007, 11:31 AM   #31
Kefit
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Kefit

Holy ****.

You people aren't even considering the possibility that this could be a wolf making up a bunch of bull****.

DarkManticore, you mentioned "someone you can trust." Pray tell, how do you trust anyone this early in a game like this?

People, it has never been so easy to fake a role before. In fact, there is very little incentive not to! If you guys trust everything that people say like this, then we are doomed.

That being said, this list could be quite the powerful weapon. However, at the moment it strikes me as being more powerful in the hands of the wolves. I could be wrong through; I'll think this through while in class today, to see if I can come up with a good way of handling it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seinno
and also thank you everone for clearing it up for me I will try to start using my two hands iv tried quit a bit i put my left hand index and middle finger middle finger is on the up arrow index on on left arrow and right hand i use my index for the down button and middle for the right button does that seem weird?
Old 04-12-2007, 11:42 AM   #32
pntballa18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to pntballa18 Send a message via Skype™ to pntballa18

I think this could be flaw faking as a wolf.

Wouldn't something like the role he explained be illegal, not blue? Which means that he would be dead now if it was illegal. That's what makes me think this could be fake.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:45 AM   #33
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefit View Post
DarkManticore, you mentioned "someone you can trust." Pray tell, how do you trust anyone this early in a game like this?
If the list is true, Flaw can simply get in contact with the people on that list. In that way the wolf has to double up on something. be it blue, green or illegal. It's pretty obvious he could then go to one of the two people who hasn't been doubled up on and share the list. It's actually not that hard as long as he can contact all four people before the end of the night.

This only is gonna work through if the list isn't bs. (I don't really see why he would make something like that up, but I guess it's possible).

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:51 AM   #34
talisman
Resident Penguin

kefit, it does seem like a kilga-ish thing to put in a game though. I also don't see flaw just up and making something like this up, but I suppose it's possible (or if someone else came up with it and is running it through him).
Old 04-12-2007, 12:04 PM   #35
DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to DiscoBobbyPARANOiA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
With this lottery system there's still a possible chance of him getting wolved even if every human puts their guard on him.
If everyone says in the thread 'I'm picking flaw for the lotto guard,' the wolves WILL NOT atack him. The only time I could see it happening is if the wolves know at least half of the votes will not be on him, which would mean they have won already (and is obviously not the case)

I think it's important that everyone pick flaw, and by that I mean most people, and by that I mean no one, and by that I mean everyone, and by that I mean no one. You get it.

Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:08 PM   #36
DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to DiscoBobbyPARANOiA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pntballa18 View Post
I think this could be flaw faking as a wolf.

Wouldn't something like the role he explained be illegal, not blue? Which means that he would be dead now if it was illegal. That's what makes me think this could be fake.
Clarification on illegal roles:

Illegal roles can be anything. They can be seer. They can be normal human with some vote benefit as illegal. (such as 2x vote or -1 from their total). Illegal can be anything. Non-illegal can be anything. Non illegal can be 'every night you get to pick two people and switch their roles' something entirely jacked up. Just because a role is new doesn't men it's going to be illegal. Just because it's messed up doesn't mean it's going to be illegal. This is a mystery role game because we don't know what to expect, not because we can say 'oh well illegal is clear cut'

Sorry to sound pissed, but I just woke up and I've had 3 people assume like that to me already.

Also, I know someone's going to be like 'ZOMG U R IN WIT SOMETING.' Shut up. I played in the last illegal role game, and I know kilga's not retarded enough to say 'okay new roles r illegal, olds are bluer'

Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:08 PM   #37
MilfeulleSakuraba
Ryoko Shintani is #1!

talisman, be a dear and change your avatar. You got arguably the most powerful character in Gensokyo, the least you could do for me is flaunt it. :(
Old 04-12-2007, 12:38 PM   #38
MilfeulleSakuraba
Ryoko Shintani is #1!

12 hour mark.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:44 PM   #39
talisman
Resident Penguin

ugh fine.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:45 PM   #40
MilfeulleSakuraba
Ryoko Shintani is #1!

<3