Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 11:10 PM   #1
Wilkin
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Wilkin
Default Twg XXXIX Postgame

Humans win. Wolves lose.

iggymatrixcounter - HUMAN (Killed on Night 1)
Shashakiro - HUMAN (KitB w/ jwc on Day 1)
Afrobean - GUARDIAN (Killed on Night 2)
HansSky - WOLF (Lynched on Day 2)
sertman - HUMAN (Killed on Night 3)
lightdarkness - HUMAN (Lynched on Day 3)
Talisman - HUMAN (Killed on Night 4)
xObserveRx - WOLF (Insta'd on Day 4)
vashthestampede0987/Tps222 - SEER (Killed on Night 5)
FoJaR - HUMAN (Insta'd on Day 5)
ImEric12 - HUMAN (Killed on Night 6)
Kilgamayan - HUMAN (Self-insta on Day 6)
FFR4EVA_00 - PSYCHIC (Killed on Night 7)
StoicRoivaS - MASTER WOLF (KitB w/ Jurs on Day 7)
JurseyRider734 - HUMAN (Killed on Night 8)
DiscoBobbyPARANOiA - WOLF (Lynched on Day 8)
jwcgator - HUMAN (Survived)
nijatwo - HUMAN (Survived)

1) I'm really happy that this game got as much attention as it did, either through entusiasm, posts, or views (the last two going far past the last couple of games), and I think we should take some more examples from past games for a little while before we get back into the MYSTERY ALL BLUE CRAZY WEE OOO WEE OOO games.

2) If an MVP were to be named, one of my candidates would have to be Kilga. This is mainly because of his self-insta to prevent FFR from getting another phantom, as well as relaying some vital info to the other players right before he did it. If anyone has any other ideas, I'd love to hear them, as I didn't get that much from a lot pf other players.

3) I liked Tps' play at the end of the day (I forget which one) where he went out on the limb to tell everyone the guardian was still alive (to flip a coin to decide whether to guard FFR or Tps), and I don't doubt that it gave the wolves some concern or second thoughts on their kill for the night. Very nicely executed.

4) Here are all of the actions for the game, so you can read them in order and see the progression of everything:

DAY ONE:

Seer'd: Iggy
Guarded: Hans
Wolfed: Iggy
Wolves: Four
Lynched: Shash (KitB w/ jwc)

DAY TWO:

Seer'd: Afro
Guarded: Vash
Wolfed: Afro
Wolves: Four
Lynched: Hans

DAY THREE:

Seer'd: FFR4EVA_00
Wolfed: sertman
Wolves: Three
Lynched: LD

DAY FOUR:

Seer'd: Observer
Wolfed: Talis
Wolves: Three
Lynched: Observer (Insta)

DAY FIVE:

Seer'd: Stoic
Wolfed: Tps
Wolves: Two
Lynched: Fojar (Insta)

DAY SIX:

Wolfed: Eric
Lynched: Kilga (Self-Insta)

DAY SEVEN:

Wolfed: FFR4EVA_00
Lynched: Stoic (KitB w/ Jurs)

DAY EIGHT:

Wolfed: Jurs
Lynched: DBP

Other than that... DISCUSS
╚═╝ ║lll║ ║

OH LOOK NOW THE REST OF MY MUSIC IS NOW VISIBLE HOW COINCIDENTAL IS THAT
Old 12-29-2006, 11:11 PM   #2
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan
Default Re: Twg Xxxix Postgame

Tps and I never talked Wednesday night, and I want to hear what the hell he was thinking when he said that.

Also I regret never pointing out that instalyinching myself meant that Stoic didn't do it, which pretty much guaranteed he was a wolf, but my loyal subjects (and a little KiB luck) came through for me regardless, so it's a moot point.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

Last edited by Kilgamayan; 12-29-2006 at 11:14 PM..
Old 12-29-2006, 11:17 PM   #3
sertman
DADALADAH
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to sertman Send a message via MSN to sertman

i swear the next person who says WEE OOO WEE OOO i'm going to slit their throat

that being said, kilga is no doubt the mvp

other thoughts

-hans getting phantoms as a wolf. durr
-theres no way observer was serious when he said he didn't know he was a wolf, right?
-was nija kept alive because of all the suspicion on him earlier on in the game?
-kilga's self-insta was epic

Old 12-29-2006, 11:18 PM   #4
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

I'm boycotting TWG until they re-make jTWG again. I seriously can NOT handle the amount of stupid that some of these players possess.

Otherwise, lol told you all about Stoic. (and the Stoic+Hans thing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:19 PM   #5
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by sertman View Post
-theres no way observer was serious when he said he didn't know he was a wolf, right?
Haha, nope. I talked to him about it after I died and learned he was just fooling around.

Quote:
-was nija kept alive because of all the suspicion on him earlier on in the game?
nija survived so long because there was always someone more worthwhile to kill. Personally I'm surprised Jurs survived as long as she did - I figured Night 2's kill would be one of her and Afro just based on Day 1 posts and the other wouldn't be far behind.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:23 PM   #6
sertman
DADALADAH
FFR Simfile Author

As I was following the game after I died, it occured to me that JWC might be a wolf, because the game that he played was way different then the game he played the first time. I thought that maybe he was running his posts past someone (such as stoic) so that he cut down on all the crap he posted his first game

I was wrong though, but again, why did it take so long for stoic to die, especially since he was called out from day 1?

Old 12-29-2006, 11:45 PM   #7
Shashakiro
TWO THOUZAND COMBO
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Shashakiro

Before I read what happened after Day 1, I'd like to point out that the reasoning used to lynch me (besides my vote on nija, which would have been an ok reason with me, if the other crap hadn't showed up) was some of the dumbest I'd ever seen.

"You haven't said anything useful!11!!"

No ****, it's day 1, there's nothing useful to say anyway since everything is 99.9% conjecture at that point in the game.

"You said "green" instead of "human", that means you're a wolf!11!!"

Please. Give me a freaking break. That's just plain stupidity, no offense.

K, now I'll actually read the game. Glad the humans won, and I'm definitely up for more classic-style games like this one instead of those crazy weirdo 83536 blue games with 3246 special events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogiebear
use ur bain. Itz there for a reason.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:00 AM   #8
jwcgator
RIP ffrtokens
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jwcgator

Quote:
As I was following the game after I died, it occured to me that JWC might be a wolf, because the game that he played was way different then the game he played the first time. I thought that maybe he was running his posts past someone (such as stoic) so that he cut down on all the crap he posted his first game
I gotta ask, is this a good thing or a bad thing?
Old 12-30-2006, 12:02 AM   #9
sertman
DADALADAH
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwcgator View Post
I gotta ask, is this a good thing or a bad thing?
Good thing, because you played a much better game

Old 12-30-2006, 12:11 AM   #10
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post
"You said "green" instead of "human", that means you're a wolf!11!!"

Please. Give me a freaking break. That's just plain stupidity, no offense.
If you had bothered to read FoJaR's explanation (which was better than anything I could have provided), you'd see it wasn't.

And in my defense, the other two guys who said "green" were wolves.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:40 AM   #11
Shashakiro
TWO THOUZAND COMBO
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Shashakiro

I'm fairly sure only Stoic said "green" besides me.

I claim that it was crap reasoning because, of course, I wasn't a wolf, and none of the things that Fojar said would be going through the head of a wolf were going through my head at all. I read what he said, and I still think it's absolutely garbage reasoning.

Doesn't matter much anyway, though, since the humans won in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogiebear
use ur bain. Itz there for a reason.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:45 AM   #12
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman

Before the game even started I had this premonition that dbp was a wolf... I forcefully ignored it though, because I always think my gut is wrong even when it's right.

I feel I could have done more this game if I'd been more forceful with talking to people and convincing them about my suspicions. We definitely could have had observer or stoic out much earlier. I even debated leaning on vash to seer observer early on but decided against it.

Also, I was kind of surprised about getting both observer and stoic right based on their day one votes alone. Usually it's not that easy, but they happened to make absolutely CLASSIC wolf votes. And stoic completely overreacted to my vote too.

The major thing that needs to be said about this game is that the blues (with the exception of afro and tps) were frankly terrible. Vash did the right thing at first but then disappeared like he always does and then starts seering defensively. FFR made a horrendously laughable mistake in first coming out to me and second coming out on the thread, after which point I was forced to sacrifice myself (getting myself wolfed) to save him for at least another night.

I mean, imagine how lopsided this game would have been if tps had STARTED as the seer... I maintain like I said in the thread that the original setup is broken. The guardian I think needs to be removed for it to work.

ps rofl at having a perfect voting record.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:23 AM   #13
StoicRoivaS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to StoicRoivaS

Luck: kitb. Luck: "pegging" me as a wolf based on honest inactivity and honest crappy D1 vote. Had I been human I guarantee I would have played the exact same game down to every detail and gotten wolfed because of it. I was busy and I am living at my gf's and I am addicted to RO, gg luck and all you people who "read" me. Skill: Nija's deciding to actually play the game instead of assume I'm a wolf based on a "change of behavior". He went to great depths to explore the possibility of DBP and I as wolves last game day and it paid off. Humans won because of it, and still almost lost thanks to kitb. Luck: Jurs having some vendetta against me ever since she blew it for us as guard and it magically paying off the one time I land wolf in a twg (master no less). Stupid and not funny: jwc. Tragedy: Shash. Props: Nija. GG everyone.

PS. Nominating nija for co-mvp. If dbp and I had been a bit less pushy in our (separate) convos with him I think we could have convinced him to vote jwc/jurs for an early game ender but we pushed a bit hard and he did his homework.
-Bowser
Old 12-30-2006, 03:38 AM   #14
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoicRoivaS View Post
He went to great depths to explore the possibility of DBP and I as wolves last game day and it paid off.
Largely because I told him to. I had a whole bunch of crap arranged for after my death, where nija, Jurs and jwc were to vote based on who was wolfed the next night.

Fortunately, you guys picked off FFR, who nija was more suspicious of than anyone else, so that made following my instructions all the easier for him.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post
I'm fairly sure only Stoic said "green" besides me.
Hans did too.

Last edited by Kilgamayan; 12-30-2006 at 03:47 AM..
Old 12-30-2006, 04:09 AM   #15
Wilkin
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Wilkin

I'm not sure if it was because I knew the roles or not, but I found something really off about DBP and Stoic's convo that was posted. It seemed a little too normal, and looked a little staged. Of course, this is from a slightly biased point of view.

Also, I tend to waver on the terminology between green and human as well. I know that it caused me and Kilga to be killed back in the Time Travel game, but I honestly don't see what it matters in a normal game setting. I guess human is just claiming not to be a wolf, while green is claiming not to be a blue, either?
╚═╝ ║lll║ ║

OH LOOK NOW THE REST OF MY MUSIC IS NOW VISIBLE HOW COINCIDENTAL IS THAT
Old 12-30-2006, 08:09 AM   #16
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

I don't see how humans won.

They ****ed up in so many ways.

I was just sitting there going "WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOING?"

Like, seriously. Why would you let it known TO ANYONE that the guardian is dead?

Not only that but you ****tards lynched Kilga. WHAT THE HELL.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:16 AM   #17
nijatwo
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to nijatwo Send a message via MSN to nijatwo

Heh, on the day that stoic died in a kitb, I re-read the entire thread to check the voting record and dbp + stoic's votes early on weren't played so well to help them survive this far into the game, but who assumes that it will make it to day 8.

Jwc: You were so human you were almost wolfish, work on the bandwagon votes, DBP: how the **** did you endup as a wolf two games in a row?! Fojar: Sorry I killed you! <3 fojar <3, happy birthday. Wilkin: THANKS FOR HOSTING THE GAME> NOW I CAN TALK IN CAPS IN SAFETY! Talis: Sorry for my catastrophuck idea that you were a wolf with ffr.

"APPYNEWYEAR>
Old 12-30-2006, 09:38 AM   #18
FFR4EVA_00
FFR Player

Observations:
1. wtf ffr4eva ur an idiot
Old 12-30-2006, 11:27 AM   #19
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman

stoic you keep pretending your inactivity day one had something to do with my voting for you when that's simply not true. Like I said then, it was the fact that you posted apologetically about your inactivity in such a way that seemed off to me. When I'm green I'm always looking for people who are acting self-conscious, or more self-conscious than they normally act, and you fit the bill. Obviously I was never 100% on you, and observer's vote made him a much more likely target the next day.

Day three on the other hand, when you went along with this absurd idea that ffr and I were wolves together, you practically gave yourself away, because I know you're smarter than that.

So for me at least, your inactivity had nothing to do with why I found you suspicious.
Old 12-30-2006, 11:27 AM   #20
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

The psychic coming out kind of made it hard for me. I knew the guardian was dead, and didn't trust my chances of not getting lynched, so I hoped to protect both blues by bluffing the life of the guardian and saying that either one of us would be guarded on a coin flip. Good call on the bluff.

Hooray for seering Observer for me.

Did I say I talked to Kilga that night? I meant the other night. I'm suprised that was such a huge factor in discussion, because it really doesn't pertain to anything important. My mistake.

Seer'd Stoic as well, but was dead by then. 2/4 wolves isn't too shabby I suppose. (Figuring I was only live for those two). I suppose I'll take partial blame for throwing discussion off with the talking to Kilga thing.

Glad we came through though, I haven't read the end of the game yet, but congrats to Nija and Kilga from what I hear.
Closed Thread